Install Arc
Options

rp

Comments

• Options
    chrisedallen89chrisedallen89 Member Posts: 17,293 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    logang19 wrote: »
    Firefly: well that explains why I was having trouble accessing it. Hm if we could get there we may be able to at least find something to defend ourselves with.

Jacob: helm set course for mars best speed and engage cloak.

Hallis: Better hope we don't find any thing unfriendly.
  • Options
    logang19logang19 Member Posts: 13,843 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Hallis: Better hope we don't find any thing unfriendly.

Jacob: oh I'm sure we will. We will worry about that when we come to it. I'll be in the armory if I'm needed. Firefly with me.
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *OOC: And good night folks. Will be back in a few hours. *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: perfect lol I wanted to get to bed to so see you all tomorrow. Well not see..., oh you all know what I mean
    " Now the gate has been unlatched headstones pushed aside; corpses shift and offer room ,a fate you must abide."
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Just an FYI I won't be on really all that much today because of work.
  • Options
    ryan218ryan218 Member Posts: 36,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    *As the two reach the docks a MS is blown to pieces by orbs... Fighters being outmatched by purely surprise. The docks however are now merely rubble and ruins of buildings in the Pacific ocean.. Including wrecks of ships...*

Dorman: Come on its not that far...

Terry: *Is running through and leaps a collapsed part of the tangled walkway... They meet up with a group of Federation personnel trying to get their companion out of the wreckage of a building on his leg...* Hey are you...

Ensign: sshhhh.. They will hear you..

Dorman: Too late get down!!!

*Abominations begin to fire on the group with arm cannons, Dorman and Terry are ducked behind cover firing at the creatures heads...*

*When more arrive a Shield smacks them across the face *

*OOC: To give Ryan some embellishment. *

OOC: Except Sanders' degenerative disease would have killed him by now unless he was put in stasis, so... he can't actually be there.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    ryan218 wrote: »
    OOC: Except Sanders' degenerative disease would have killed him by now unless he was put in stasis, so... he can't actually be there.

*OOC: Nuts... Okay. Changed that.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *As the two reach the docks a MS is blown to pieces by orbs... Fighters being outmatched by purely surprise. The docks however are now merely rubble and ruins of buildings in the Pacific ocean.. Including wrecks of ships...*

Dorman: Come on its not that far...

Terry: *Is running through and leaps a collapsed part of the tangled walkway... They meet up with a group of Federation personnel trying to get their companion out of the wreckage of a building on his leg...* Hey are you...

Ensign: sshhhh.. They will hear you..

Dorman: Too late get down!!!

*Abominations begin to fire on the group with arm cannons, Dorman and Terry are ducked behind cover firing at the creatures heads...*

*Suddenly, the majority of the Abominations get blasted back by pulses of blue energy as Ryan walks up behind Dorman and Terry.*

Ryan: I can't leave you alone for 2 minutes!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    * OOC: Hey Voporak.. Since your two years a bit late I guess we could have some looper fun... As he is in for a dead surprise that I am gonna hit pretty soon...

Actually right now.

*The two men enter the conference room all the Admiralty presence including the President. Bright is on hologram comm as well..*

Bright: We have lost contact with everything past Alpha Centari, no communications only shaky quantum communications...

Admiral Yoshigara: How much of the fleet is here..?

Bright: Only around forty five percent the Andromeda forces are still being held up at other points or we have lost contact with some of them..

Admiral Garral: Keep them mobilized I do not want Romulans sneaking into Sol System..

Terry: *Stands up as Admiral Bright ends the comm...*

What if it isn't Romulans sir? This is not their operations...

Garral: Then what do you suggest it is Captain...

Terry: Since we have not gotten anything as short of gloating from the Romulan Emperor about the fall of our systems.

Do you just think that it might be the beings....

Garral: You must be joking Captain.. They do not exist.

Dorman: Enough Admiral Garral. !! If you want to play like a ******n ostrich with your head in the sand and not listen to all possibilities especially when it is that obvious...

I won't let this whitewash continue. Especially not when the men who died in those incidents be swept into the rug...

President Schumer: We do not have enough evidence to consolidate those claim..

Dorman: Mr. President that evidence is there especially with the Preserver you are keeping on the Citadel...

Terry: Sir. There is proof to the contrary that the entire galactic political community is trying to keep under the rug or buried so deep it can't come to light.

Admiral Garral has made sure of that.

Admiral Garral: You impetuous little...

*The room lights up with chatter as comms with everything past the moon goes silent... FNN news reports report sightings of Giant Alien vessels squid like in appearence as giant fireballs light the sky...*

Dorman: What the...

Garral: What happened to Admiral Bright?

The defense fleet. They could not have made it through us that fast...

Yoshigara: Raise the al...

*The sky clouds darken as they start arriving in San Fransisco. Destroying the Golden Gate Bridge... They begin firing their beams trashing skyscrapers and Starfleet Academy... Harbinger arrives in front of the facility and fires a beam that strikes the building broadly... causing an explosion sending everyone into the walls and debris into all different directions.*

*Terry hits the wall grunting as everything goes silent for a moment but his vision blurs.. A couple moments as Dorman is yelling *

Dorman: Captain.. Terry get up...

Terry: Ow... Ugh... *His uniform is trashed and ripped some blood coming from minor lacerations...*

Dorman: Come on take a phaser.. We need to get out of here.

*They run to the bodies of people while Admiral Dorman is hailing for a transport or a ship...*

Dorman: Come on Damn it... This is Admiral Dorman anybody respond to this channel..

Terry: *checks the President who is split in half and charred... Garral is not far off but his head is gone... Yoshigara vaporized. *

Dorman: Come on I know Reynolds and the Possibility are waiting at the point..

Terry: *Death overwhelming his senses as he vomits... to the sounds of people screaming as buildings are being destroyed...*

Dorman: Come on I can feel it too.. We have to move.

Terry: Right...

*Elsewhere CIS space begins going silent... As well as Republic Space. *

*OOC: So it begins...:D*

*R.S.S. Republic, Shoal Zone. The Republic Fleet is fighting off the Eblisi with everything they have, including the new Yamato-Class Dreadnought.

The Yamato-Class was conceived when designers realised that several Titan-Class vessels were still under construction when they were made obsolete by mass-production of the Matthew Neilson-Class. These superstructures were retrofitted to be able to use all the technologies utilised by the Matthew Neilson-Class, but with one key difference; 2 massive spinal Zero-Point Beam Lances on the underside of the saucer. The ships are also crawling with anti-fighter Zero-Point Turrets (ZPTs) and have high levels of armour.

The Yamato-Class has the firepower to defeat any ship in the known Milky Way galaxy, but is much slower and much more expensive to build than the Matthew Neilson-Class.

In this fleet, 2 Yamato-Class ships have been fielded to the battle (the R.S.S. Yamato and the R.S.S. Dreadnought), along with 20 of the Titan-Class Cruisers still in service, 15 Matthew Neilson-Class ships and 42 Omaha-Class Stealth Combat Vessels.

The Dreadnought and Yamato fire on one of the enemy vessels with their lances, causing more damage than 6 MN-Class vessels combined, while the rest of the fleet focuses fire in groups of 5, save 1 ship in each group to combat the orbs, a field in which the fast-moving hard-to-target Omaha-Class excels.*

OOC: And we know the Omaha-Class is good at combating the orbs because the Normandy essentially defended the allied fleet from them single-handedly during the Battle of Auri Nay. If you had a problem with it, you should have bought it up then.

Also, with the Yamato, just think of... well, a Dreadnought; a ship with numerous heavy weapons (2 lances here, along with the ZPBs and ZPCs plus the torpedo launchers) but which is slow, cumbersome, takes ages to build and costs a lot to produce compared to your backbone ships.

One of the advantages of this skip is now I can bring in all my new Republic ship classes...

Except no one actually decided to take part in that Project Drexler thing I did a couple of months ago. :(

On the bright side, at least I can have fun with Pegasus while the Milky Way is going to hell! :cool:
  • Options
    voporakvoporak Member Posts: 5,621 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    On the bright side, at least I can have fun with Pegasus while the Milky Way is going to hell! :cool:

OOC: Maybe Voporak can join you there (if he decides to make a quiet exit from said galaxy going to hell), final frontier and all that jazz. :D
    I ask nothing but that you remember me.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    voporak wrote: »
    OOC: Maybe Voporak can join you there (if he decides to make a quiet exit from said galaxy going to hell), final frontier and all that jazz. :D

OOC: I can see the lols now!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Hood's Landing, S.S. Tora Zhiyal. Drake is giving Tara a tour of the ship. The two are currently in the forward Phaser Cannon Bay (from now, I'll just refer to it as the forward phaser bay), with Drake sitting on one of the cannons as it lies at maintenance level.*

Drake: So, your Matthew Forrester's daughter?

Tara: Yes.

Drake: What are you doing in Pegasus?

Tara: I needed to get away.

Drake: So they don't know you're here?

Tara: No.

And I'd appreciate it if you didn't tell them.

Drake: Fine.

What you're looking at right now is a Republic Mk X Dual Multi-Frequencial Pulse Phaser Cannon. It shifts frequencies after every shot, effectively making Borg adaptation useless--

Tara: I know what MFPs are.

Drake: Right.

Tara: Isn't this military hardware?

Drake: Obsolete, but yes. You can't get these commercially.

Tara: How do you--?

*Drake tosses her a small circular badge with the Republic Pegasus Colonial Government emblem on it, with the word 'Deputy' engraved below it.*

Drake: The PegGov has been allowing P-Sec to deputise Transport Captains for a couple of years. They make sure we can handle pirate traffic and, in return, we help maintain the peace.

P-Sec doesn't have the resources to police all the colonies while expanding the area of secured space, so they have use do it to take the load off.

It also helps make sure we can deliver needed supplies to colonies if we have the teeth to fight off raiders.

Tara: Isn't that essentially privateering?

Drake: Not exactly. Privateers were given letters of marque to attack the country's enemy while not technically being under their jurisdiction. We're just policing controlled space while performing our cargo runs. That's more like a militia.

And there are a ton of regulations you need to follow as a deputised captain. It's difficult to actually become a deputy unless you're ideal for the job.

Tara: But this is still a transport ship.

Drake: The Zhiyal's a lot more than that.

Her mods don't just extend to P-Sec refits. I've spent years tweaking her, retrofitting her...

Tara: Sounds like you're fond of this ship.

Drake: I was born on freighters. Heck, I was a teen helping out on my dad's ship - the Ganymede - during the original Pegasus expedition.

Tara: A genuine space boomer, eh?

Drake: You know, you're not the typical hopper.

Tara: Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

*The door opens as a guy the same age as Tara walks in.*

Boy: Oh, sorry Captain. I didn't know you were in--

Drake: That's okay, Luke. We were just about done in here, anyway.

Tara, may I introduce Luke Fuller, our Engineer's nephew?

Luke, this is Tara Forrester.

Tara: Hey.

Luke: Hey.

*Drake smiles as the two stand there awkwardly.*

Drake: Something you needed in here, Luke?

Luke: What? Oh, er...

Yeah. I just needed to do a diagnostic on the cannon's focusing lens.

Drake: You know, I just had an idea.

*He slides off of the cannon and onto the catwalk.*

Why don't you finish showing Tara around and I'll do that diagnostic?

Luke: Wha--? I mean, I wouldn't want you to--

Tara: I'd like that.

*Luke shoots Tara a questioning glance, only to be met with a smile.*

Drake: Then it's settled. Tara, why don't you wait outside while I let Luke know where you've been so far?

*Tara nods and walks out. Luke shoots a questioning look at Drake, raising his eyebrow.*

Luke: Why am I showing her around?

Drake: It's a good idea for her to get to know someone her age.

Luke: Uh-huh. You want to see if she'll join the crew, don't you?

Drake: I'm not leaving her for the Orions, that's for sure.

Luke: I see what you're doing, you know.

Drake: Really?

*Drake smirks at him.*

Now why would you think I'm trying to hook you two up unless you were actually attracted to her?

Luke: I'm going.

*Drake grins as he contains the urge to laugh as Luke walks out.*

OOC: So, what do you guys think?
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: I like it. I will post in about 2 hours have a lot to post on.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *R.S.S. Republic, Shoal Zone. The Republic Fleet is fighting off the Eblisi with everything they have, including the new Yamato-Class Dreadnought.

The Yamato-Class was conceived when designers realised that several Titan-Class vessels were still under construction when they were made obsolete by mass-production of the Matthew Neilson-Class. These superstructures were retrofitted to be able to use all the technologies utilised by the Matthew Neilson-Class, but with one key difference; 2 massive spinal Zero-Point Beam Lances on the underside of the saucer. The ships are also crawling with anti-fighter Zero-Point Turrets (ZPTs) and have high levels of armour.

The Yamato-Class has the firepower to defeat any ship in the known Milky Way galaxy, but is much slower and much more expensive to build than the Matthew Neilson-Class.

In this fleet, 2 Yamato-Class ships have been fielded to the battle (the R.S.S. Yamato and the R.S.S. Dreadnought), along with 20 of the Titan-Class Cruisers still in service, 15 Matthew Neilson-Class ships and 42 Omaha-Class Stealth Combat Vessels.

The Dreadnought and Yamato fire on one of the enemy vessels with their lances, causing more damage than 6 MN-Class vessels combined, while the rest of the fleet focuses fire in groups of 5, save 1 ship in each group to combat the orbs, a field in which the fast-moving hard-to-target Omaha-Class excels.*

OOC: And we know the Omaha-Class is good at combating the orbs because the Normandy essentially defended the allied fleet from them single-handedly during the Battle of Auri Nay. If you had a problem with it, you should have bought it up then.

Also, with the Yamato, just think of... well, a Dreadnought; a ship with numerous heavy weapons (2 lances here, along with the ZPBs and ZPCs plus the torpedo launchers) but which is slow, cumbersome, takes ages to build and costs a lot to produce compared to your backbone ships.

One of the advantages of this skip is now I can bring in all my new Republic ship classes...

Except no one actually decided to take part in that Project Drexler thing I did a couple of months ago. :(

*OOC: I know that is why I left the orbs fighting the fighters and Mechs as that is what they are.. essentially.. But I find it harder to believe they are holding them off the capital ships and the destroyers. Though if it is time I don't mind.. As it gives us a chance to focus on other characters.... And show other things as well including the POV side stories.

What I mean by side stories is stuff like self contained mini stories taking place here just like the Galactic Civil War. Except a lot more of them as we look at what else is going on. Call this probably the final arc of a show... *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Dorman just sighs *

Dorman: Impeccable timing..

Terry: Tell me about it...

*He goes to the men trying to help the wounded and the pinned officer get out of the wreckage so he can be treated.. *

*He kneels down when they pull him out..*

Where is your emergency transmission unit?

Ensign: It is still on the shuttle but the thing is littered with those monsters.

Terry: Don't worry about it Ensign take care of these guys we will be bringing help...

*As he goes over to the downed wreckage the Elibisi are downing shuttles and small ships that attack them easily like flies. *

There is an emergency transmission unit on the downed shuttle, we will have to use it to get Reynolds down here on us to get us out.

Dorman: Good call Captain..

*They set out he mutters to Ryan*

Dorman: Just like so many of his family.. Good to others.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *The shuttle is indeed wrecked as they approach Dorman and Ryan making sure no surprises come out. Terry makes his way down to it.. The men and women from earlier were indeed set up here but got driven out.. Terry picks up a Omega Pulse Rifle with a thermal clip and tosses it to Dorman who checks it quickly... *

Terry: This is a mess alright.. *he starts crossing wires and bypassing damaged boards...*

Alright I think I got something Admiral try again... as the transmitter got triggered so make it quick..

Dorman: *Agitated * Tell me that was unavoidable...

Terry: Yes it was. But since wiring wasn't in..

Dorman: Yes yes your ancestral memory is extensive I got it.. Just fend them off..

Terry: *Takes a spot with a rifle on the ground and waits as the Abominations drop from the sky as Harvestors start dropping them.. * Here they come..

Dorman: Captain Reynolds this is Admiral Dorman... If you are picking this up come to this location and drop everything you have on the location not far from this one you will see it...

And hurry the hell up..

*Dorman takes cover and starts firing, *
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: hm to have Jacob help or not. Hm
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Ooc: hm to have Jacob help or not. Hm

OOC: Actually have them go to Mars they will be coming soon..*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *The Abominations and Husks keep on coming and it is relentless... Dorman is using his rifle still...*

Dorman: I told him to hurry up not take his sweet time..

Terry: Well given the Skyscraper sized Aliens I think there is a reason. *a larger wave arrives and Terry surges his real power out sending them off into the ocean drowning the enemies... *

*The USS Possibility A arrives firing at the orbs keeping them at a distance... as Terry and Dorman run to the ship, armed security personnel come out of the cargo hold doors firing at the Abominations that are coming.. Terry Leaps on board as Reynolds comes out firing...*

Reynolds: Welcome aboard Captain..

Terry: Thank you Captain.

Admiral Come on..

Dorman: *pauses looking at the troops running... for the transports...*

I am not going.

Reynolds: Come on sir we don't have time for this..

Dorman: Look. You saw those men out there they are hurting and need a leader to stay and fight.

Terry: Come on you can do that out here.

Dorman: No. You can Captain. Go to the Council get their help get them unified to help out.

Terry: I am not leaving you here..

Dorman: Go Damn it. If they don't we are already dead. Go.. I will be fine..

*He Looks to Ryan*

Dorman: Keep him safe Ryan..

Reynolds: Good Luck sir.. *Salutes as the men come back as Dorman walks down ward shooting his way to a transport. Barking orders to the troops.*

Terry: I will come back...

*The Possibility and ships begin getting up into the Atmosphere as the devestation is seen from above as the fireballs keep coming.. When they reach Space they see a ship grave yard of destroyed ships *

Phillips: *Welcomes them to the bridge as the crew just can't control themselves at the carnage of this attack...* Welcome back sir.. Where is the Admiral?

Reynolds: He stayed behind to head up the resistance..

*He turns to Terry *

The Council did make you part of the Vanguard and their special forces didn't they?

Terry: I felt it was more on part of my legacy... and name then what I can do.

Reynolds: You can do it kid. Your old man was a tough TRIBBLE and a courageous one.

Terry: I have been told.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Mars orbit.

Jacob: Sinclaire we will go down to the planet and see what we can find.

He puts on a suit. Flexing in it.

Jacob:haven't done this in almost 20 years. OK let's go.

The two beam down to the planet.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: OK firefly use my suits sensors to find what we are looking for.

Firefly: marking a nav beacon for you now.

Jacob: alright the less we are seen the better.

Sinclaire: agreed but that is normally easier said ten done.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *USS Possibility reaches safe distance after a small run in as the group breaks off into different directions using their Holtz engines dropping them instaneously elsewhere.. Reynolds and the rest are trying to figure out a chain of Command on the ship... Bright comes on the QEC barely reading *

Bright: Utter devestation... Cap... *buzzing on the feed as they try and stabilize it.* lost... *cutting*

48 percent of the armada. The initial attack was overwhelming... We are setting up command centers in different areas as soon as they leave the system... We are diverting the Andromeda forces to other areas to set up triage units.

Where is Admiral Dorman?

Terry: He stayed behind on Earth to lead up a resistance. From what we could tell every Starfleet base in every one of their landing zones all over Earth even research facilities were obliterated in moments. Dry docks including the new Hyperion class ships not yet finished.

The Shipyards were vaporized before their arrival at Earth.

Bright: They are trying to cripple our forces ability to fight. Before you flee the system I want you to head to Mars. The Preserver database is there I want you to download everything you can.

Terry: Understood sir.

Reynolds: Yes sir.

*Bright ends the comm*

Reynolds: Alright... Captain.. I was Admiral Dorman's XO on this ship it seems right that I command it given his absence.

Terry: I am not going to argue with you there sir.

Reynolds: Why is that Captain?

Terry: Because the ship runs better with someone they are familiar with. I am not familiar with them.. So lets just say that it is already yours as I don't wish to take it.

Reynolds: Alright.

We are heading to Mars ASAP...

Something tells me that we might be in for a tough ride.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *The Possibility arrives at the planet and sends a shuttle to the facility, Terry, Reynolds, and some security personnel are onboard. *

Pilot: Heading to the drop point now.. There is a sand storm on our sensors so comms are going to be out until it passes. So we have a limited window before we have to pull out.

Reynolds: Are there any of those things on the sensors..

Pilot: Negative... They do not know about this place most likely.

*As they close their helms the shuttle lands Terry takes point as they disembark*

Pilot: I will be in contact with updates good luck.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sinclaire: Jacob someone else is here.

Jacob: OK let's move up quickly we need to reach the point asap
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Sinclaire: Jacob someone else is here.

Jacob: OK let's move up quickly we need to reach the point asap

*Men in black and grey gear are rounding up armed guards and executing them.*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Men in black and grey gear are rounding up armed guards and executing them.*

Jacob: disable or kill

Sinclaire: disable

Sinclaire pops up dehind them while Jacob takes to the air charging his weapons system.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jacob: disable or kill

Sinclaire: disable

Sinclaire pops up dehind them while Jacob takes to the air charging his weapons system.

*But they hear this and open fire on Sinclaire who they spot on sight and are moving quickly*

Operative: Kill them.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *But they hear this and open fire on Sinclaire who they spot on sight and are moving quickly*

Operative: Kill them.

Jacob from above fires a barrage of repulsor fire and micro torpedoes.

Jacob: I say we just kill.

Sinclaire let's off a blast of energy

Sinclaire : agreed
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    *Elsewhere on the Mars Facility outside*

Bolian: That is a big sand storm...

Terry: Actually its not all that big.. From what I had read its quite small...

*They hear phaser fire and head for cover as they watch unknown enemies executing a Starfleet patrol..*

Bolian: What are they doing?

Terry: Execution...

Reynolds: Line up your shots I want to save as many as we can.. Plus men like this TRIBBLE me off.

*The team lines up shots and fires on the unknown forces...*
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Jacob from above fires a barrage of repulsor fire and micro torpedoes.

Jacob: I say we just kill.

Sinclaire let's off a blast of energy

Sinclaire : agreed

*They begin dodging fire quickly and inhuman and landing blows on Sinclaire. The rest open fire themselves. *