test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Community Rules and Policies. ~Q
    edited December 2011
    ^^This This this.

Otherwise what do you get? Same old Boff with a new skin. and you only see this skin on away mission anyways.

This idea would make the Boff something to aspire to get and something to actual reward the vet.

I would go so far to say let it be completely verstile and can train any skill in any slot(this wont break the game). There is only one android officer i know in Trek and he could enjoy(not just listen to) 10 operas at the same time, so a humon level 4 engineering skill or a tactical officer lvl 3 skill would be child's play !

Like I say, you could flat out allow it to use non class skills in a slot if it gets a trait that reduces all space skills' effectiveness by 40%, since that effectively "down tiers" all space skills, which is already the effective penalty for a universal slot, in a sense.
    edited December 2011
    I would go so far to say let it be completely verstile and can train any skill in any slot(this wont break the game). There is only one android officer i know in Trek and he could enjoy(not just listen to) 10 operas at the same time, so a humon level 4 engineering skill or a tactical officer lvl 3 skill would be child's play !

Excellent idea; a *classless* Boff. :)

We have Universal seats on some ships, why not have a Universal Boff? One who can occupy *any* seat on your ship, but who is not limited by the powers of that class?

If you want to give the boff half Engie and half Tac powers, but seat it in a Sci Commander position, that'd be fantastic.

Devs, do you want to make something SCHWEET that players would aspire to get? This is how, IMO.
    edited December 2011
    The whole "concept" of a Soong-type Android as a usable, playable character is silly. They are, in effect, superheroes. They are stronger, "smarter", faster than humans and are trained in "multiple techniques...a broad variety of pleasuring". How can we compete with that?!?!?

Really, they should be the Mudd-type androids to keep immersion viable.
    edited December 2011
    The whole "concept" of a Soong-type Android as a usable, playable character is silly. They are, in effect, superheroes. They are stronger, "smarter", faster than humans and are trained in "multiple techniques...a broad variety of pleasuring". How can we compete with that?!?!?

However, they'd have to be sentient to be members of Starfleet.
    edited December 2011
    frak wrote: »
    However, they'd have to be sentient to be members of Starfleet.
    Not necessarily. The question of Data's sentience didn't even come up until after he had served in Starfleet for 24 years (2341 - 2365). EMHs, which have the capacity to develop sentience but aren't considered so until proved otherwise, are standard on Starfleet ships.

However, since they're bridge officers, unless otherwise stated in game I'm going to assume they are. Or rather my captains will when they get them. Though maybe my Orion pirate might not. I haven't decided yet with him.
    edited December 2011
    Throw something at us Cryptic. Give us details about our new coming soon boff.
    edited December 2011

Daft Punk! I knew it wasn't just me making that slip...

How about a Maddox type android? He was pretty dedicated to recreating Soong's work, maybe he could have come up with a close, albeit inferior, approximation in 40 years?
    edited December 2011
    I assume these aren't in yet?

I hit 700 days in 2 days. There has to be people who've already hit it.
    edited December 2011
    frak wrote: »
    I assume these aren't in yet?

I hit 700 days in 2 days. There has to be people who've already hit it.

Well, generally the rewards drop at x99.01.

I grabbed an LTS almost immediately and I'm late into 698. So chances are it'll be a little bit yet before anyone hits it.
    edited December 2011
    Then it just won't be a part of your Reward Pack. You should have subscribed later. :p
    edited December 2011
    Jeslyn wrote:
    Then it just won't be a part of your Reward Pack. You should have subscribed later. :p

...what?

/10char
    edited December 2011
    You only hit the 700th day once. If a reward isn't ready on that day, then you just don't get it. Should'a subscribed later so that there would have been time to implement the reward. You know, like with capes and such. --It was a joke. Nevermind, move on.
    edited December 2011
    well, I just hit 700 days. I didn't get anything, I did however get the title haha
    edited December 2011
    Same, I hit 700 days (actually im 699 days but i got it today still) and no boff.
    edited December 2011
    People are still waiting for them to implement the 600 Day VA Ship Token. Guess we have to take a number?
    edited December 2011
    well, I just hit 700 days. I didn't get anything, I did however get the title haha

Indeed.

Title (specifically: Impressive), but no Android, and no character slot.

EDIT

And having browsed the patch notes it seems the Android and character slot aren't being added with the new patch either.

/EDIT
    edited December 2011

Vulcans are also stronger, smarter and with quicker reflexes than humans. Still playable.
    edited December 2011

It won't be a Soong type Android. It will probably be Sargon or Mudd type android from TOS. I don't remember who it was but one of the forum regulars suggested that since Soong types are ultra rare and almost impossible to manufacture. The devs seemed to like his idea.
    edited December 2011
    So... any word from a Gold Name on when we might see said Android BOff, or the extra character slot we're supposed to get for that matter?

Hmm, speaking of whens, how about some information on when the "YOU MUST RESPEC NOAW!!!" bug might be squashed. You know, the one where characters are getting spammed by the skill window even if they've already respec'ed. Incredibly annoying, especially since it jumps up in your face every time you start a race in the Winter Event.
    edited December 2011
    So... any word from a Gold Name on when we might see said Android BOff, or the extra character slot we're supposed to get for that matter?

Hmm, speaking of whens, how about some information on when the "YOU MUST RESPEC NOAW!!!" bug might be squashed. You know, the one where characters are getting spammed by the skill window even if they've already respec'ed. Incredibly annoying, especially since it jumps up in your face every time you start a race in the Winter Event.

Soon(tm) .....
    edited December 2011
    It won't be a Soong type Android. It will probably be Sargon or Mudd type android from TOS. I don't remember who it was but one of the forum regulars suggested that since Soong types are ultra rare and almost impossible to manufacture. The devs seemed to like his idea.

I suggested either doing that or calling it a Maddox-type and saying it's based on the work Maddox did in reverse engineering the Soong-types when he was assigned to bring back Data. I think Stahl liked that.

So it's an imperfect new attempt at the Soong type but built enough to the same specs that they could give it art basedon the Soong type for exposed metal panels or a Lal-in-Beta-phase-type head.

I think my suggestion was to give it neon irises in a small variety of colors, kinda like the Borg bits... and they could always exclude yellow if it made CBS happy.
    edited December 2011
    Apparently I reached 700 Days so wheres my Android Boff.:confused:
    edited December 2011
    ithacus wrote: »
    Apparently I reached 700 Days so wheres my Android Boff.:confused:

Probably after todays patch.
    edited December 2011

Thats what I'm hopeing.:D
    edited December 2011

Patch notes are posted and neither it, nor the character slot (or the vet rewards in general) are mentioned.
    edited December 2011
    Android is now available in the BOff store. It's an Engineer.
    edited December 2011

Yet only male when we were told we would be able to choose gender.
    edited December 2011
    What makes it special?
    edited December 2011

Can anyone post a screen shot of it? I'm still 10 days away from 700.