test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

700 Day Android

Comments

• genericiigenericii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    starkaos wrote: »
    Checked the Season 6 tribble build and still only the male engineer android is available. Could be possible that some future patch between now and launch will have it, but chances are it will be after Season 6 launch.

I hope this is not the case.
    edited June 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    And Season 7, 8, 9...

And REALLY hope this is not the case! :eek:
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    ...831 days (for me)... and counting..., and waiting..., and Hoping.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited June 2012
    Season 6 should be out very soon on Tribble so we should know if we can let this thread finally rest in peace assuming that the only holdup is Season 6. Meaning all the coding and art is done for the Season 6 build.

So far nothing to show this issue is resolved. Only 15 days away from 900 for me. :frown:
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Do the two leaving devs have anything to do with this or was JHenig the only one involved? I can't remember the entire content of this thread prior to the forum update.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • felderburgfelderburg Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heretic was DOffs and starbases, and Gozer was STFs and PvP, so... it's unlikely they were involved in this.
    edited June 2012
    Do the two leaving devs have anything to do with this or was JHenig the only one involved? I can't remember the entire content of this thread prior to the forum update.

I doubt either had anything to do with the android variants, and I sincerely hope this isn't used as an excuse for further delays.
    edited June 2012
    felderburg wrote: »
    Heretic was DOffs and starbases, and Gozer was STFs and PvP, so... it's unlikely they were involved in this.

Yeah, I'm not good with remembering who does what here, I don't know how you keep that all in your brain. I feel good remembering that Branflakes is pr.
  • ayradyssayradyss Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Only 6 more days 'til I hit the 900 mark here. So . . . yeah. Here's hoping maybe they'll have this in before the 1000-day hits.
    Live long, and prosper.
    edited June 2012
    ayradyss wrote: »
    Only 6 more days 'til I hit the 900 mark here. So . . . yeah. Here's hoping maybe they'll have this in before the 1000-day hits.

I'm twice as far away as you... 12 days to 900. It's sad that it's not on tribble now with the other season 6 stuff. I sure hope we get them in season 6. We should at least get a projected date, we've been waiting for 7 months now... or is it more?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    genericii wrote: »
    drumknott wrote: »
    Glad to see this thread hasn't died in the forum upheaval.
    I'm sure there are other people here who feel the same way. I know I'm not letting this issue die without some kind of resolution.
    Yuppers. Ok, I'm now on with my actual LordHavelock (nee PatricianVetinari), LTS Gold Account, and wanted to get subscribed to this thread. (For those following along, Drumknott is my Silver Account that I converted to PWE first, as a trial run.)
    Checked the Season 6 tribble build and still only the male engineer android is available. Could be possible that some future patch between now and launch will have it, but chances are it will be after Season 6 launch.
    That's disappointing. So based on what dstahl said in that last Ask Cryptic, the "fix" requires tech from S6, but based on what you're saying StarKaos, no one has yet to actually used that tech to really submit a true resolution (which probably will bring us full circle back to needing costumer time...) :rolleyes:

But, hey, no worries, the 900 Vet Rewards become available on Monday:
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=597211

:P

le sigh

ETA: "has yet to"

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yuppers. Ok, I'm now on with my actual LordHavelock (nee PatricianVetinari), LTS Gold Account, and wanted to get subscribed to this thread. (For those following along, Drumknott is my Silver Account that I converted to PWE first, as a trial run.)

That's disappointing. So based on what dstahl said in that last Ask Cryptic, the "fix" requires tech from S6, but based on what you're saying StarKaos, no one's actually used that tech to really submit a true resolution (which probably will bring us full circle back to needing costumer time...) :rolleyes:

But, hey, no worries, the 900 Vet Rewards become available on Monday:
    http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=597211

:P

le sigh

I miss your little Vincent Price Face avatar... :(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Vincent who?!?* That was none other than your favorite Patrician, and mine, Lord Havelock Vetinari!!!

lol

Thanks daveyny. I always had fun photoshopping him for various holidays/occasions to put his grim-"I am Not Amused"-face in various ridiculous poses/costumes. I thought about putting him into my signature, but I enjoy my banners too much (like my current one featuring The Luggage)...

I guess we'll just have to wait for Brandon and team to restore personalized avatars. Supposedly they might be coming sooner than soon(tm). So that's nice. Until then, it'll give you something to look forward to. :D

* Just kidding, of course I know who Vincent Price was, may he rest in peace.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
    edited June 2012
    Vincent who?!?* That was none other than your favorite Patrician, and mine, Lord Havelock Vetinari!!!

lol

Thanks daveyny. I always had fun photoshopping him for various holidays/occasions to put his grim-"I am Not Amused"-face in various ridiculous poses/costumes. I thought about putting him into my signature, but I enjoy my banners too much (like my current one featuring The Luggage)...

I guess we'll just have to wait for Brandon and team to restore personalized avatars. Supposedly they might be coming sooner than soon(tm). So that's nice. Until then, it'll give you something to look forward to. :D

* Just kidding, of course I know who Vincent Price was, may he rest in peace.

The soon? is created by holding down the alt key and typing 0153 (on my keyboard, the numbers have to be entered from the keypad, I don't know why), as soon as the last number is entered, release the alt key and the tm? will appear.

EDIT: actually edited and "fixed" this twice before I remembered that we're barely trusted to enter text on this forum. The tm shows up when you enter it, but disappears as soon as you post. I guess there's some alt code to create a cyber bomber to blow up the forums. :mad:
  • direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    That's disappointing. So based on what dstahl said in that last Ask Cryptic, the "fix" requires tech from S6, but based on what you're saying StarKaos, no one's actually used that tech to really submit a true resolution (which probably will bring us full circle back to needing costumer time...) :rolleyes:

Both of you would be making the erroneous presumption that what is on TRIBBLE right now is the entirety of the next Season build and that they have no other work on any other builds; that what we're seeing on the test shard is the bleeding edge of what they've come up with.

Both of you have been in this game long enough to know that they don't work that way.

Now I'm not saying that it may not be the case that they haven't applied the S6 tech to the Android DOff yet, because we haven't had any actual confirmation that it is working and will be in whatever build. However, it is equally wrong, perhaps even more wrong to draw the conclusion that because we haven't seen it on TRIBBLE yet, it doesn't exist.

I know if I were making a test shard build, I wouldn't put everything under the sun in it. I'd only put the things that I need to pull data on from a userbase. Things like costumes and ships that don't add any extra dynamic over things already existing in the game I could stand to leave out so I could get more focused data on things like system tweaks. I think people forget that the purpose of test shards (and to the same extent beta tests) are to test and get feedback on how things work (with or without any extra effort from the testers)... NOT to give people a free demo or sneak peak or test drive. (Although to be fair, it may seem easy to come to that conclusion when we have things like REDSHIRT builds that get prepped to be pushed to HOLODECK in a matter of hours with no changes).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Both of you would be making the erroneous presumption that what is on TRIBBLE right now is the entirety of the next Season build and that they have no other work on any other builds; that what we're seeing on the test shard is the bleeding edge of what they've come up with.

Both of you have been in this game long enough to know that they don't work that way.

Now I'm not saying that it may not be the case that they haven't applied the S6 tech to the Android DOff yet, because we haven't had any actual confirmation that it is working and will be in whatever build. However, it is equally wrong, perhaps even more wrong to draw the conclusion that because we haven't seen it on TRIBBLE yet, it doesn't exist.

I know if I were making a test shard build, I wouldn't put everything under the sun in it. I'd only put the things that I need to pull data on from a userbase. Things like costumes and ships that don't add any extra dynamic over things already existing in the game I could stand to leave out so I could get more focused data on things like system tweaks. I think people forget that the purpose of test shards (and to the same extent beta tests) are to test and get feedback on how things work (with or without any extra effort from the testers)... NOT to give people a free demo or sneak peak or test drive. (Although to be fair, it may seem easy to come to that conclusion when we have things like REDSHIRT builds that get prepped to be pushed to HOLODECK in a matter of hours with no changes).

Never made that claim. I stated that the first season 6 tribble patch didn't have the fix and some tribble patch between now and the launch of season 6 might have it.

Checked tribble and Bridge Officers Requistions is bugging out and not showing any Bridge Officers so either it is a problem with this patch and my system or this patch is bugged.

After all, as a player I can only check on the current tribble build and not one that will come out in a couple of weeks for us to test.
    edited July 2012

Sure, I go away for one day and this thread drops to page four. Come on folks, let's keep this a page one story!
    edited July 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    Well, custome Avatars are back. How's this one, just for you Daveyny? :D
    Both of you would be making the erroneous presumption that what is on TRIBBLE right now is the entirety of the next Season build...
    Sorry Direphoneix, you are right, I neglected a "yet" in my post. Fixed it. Thanks. :)

edited July 2012

You may be right, but I know if I were responsible for this game and I had made my loyal customers wait over 7 months for something I had promised them, I'd try to get that in as soon as I possibly could, even if it meant sticking it in the "test build". I'd want my loyal customers to know I finally got it right for them.

Now, if I didn't give a damn about my customers then yeah, I'd wait until after s6 made it to the holodeck.
  • majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is just sad...I haven't even exchanged them on any of my toons, because I was wating for the change to be put in. 200+ days later, and still no fix? This is just ridiculous!

This kind of thing makes me glad I'm not paying for this anymore, else I think I'd be way more upset than I am...
    edited July 2012
    This is just sad...I haven't even exchanged them on any of my toons, because I was wating for the change to be put in. 200+ days later, and still no fix? This is just ridiculous!

This kind of thing makes me glad I'm not paying for this anymore, else I think I'd be way more upset than I am...

I'm still waiting as well. I didn't want to take the chance that they'd push some half-baked fix and say "sorry, if you've already claimed an android, you won't be able to dismiss them and claim another.".
    edited July 2012
    Well, custome Avatars are back. How's this one, just for you Daveyny? :D

Sorry Direphoneix, you are right, I neglected a "yet" in my post. Fixed it. Thanks. :)

Interesting sig banner, I'll be waiting for some glowing reviews of features already in-game before I believe any more Cryptic promises. A Cryptic promise is like a wife beater saying "Honey, I swear it will NEVER happen again."
  • stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm past 900 days now and the 700-day android hasn't been (fully) delivered. I really hope it gets into the game as part of the big season 6 patch.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
    edited July 2012
    No sign of this being fixed on the latest Tribble patch. I am expecting this to be done before Season 7.
  • wildmousexwildmousex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    genericii wrote: »

I'm still waiting as well. I didn't want to take the chance that they'd push some half-baked fix and say "sorry, if you've already claimed an android, you won't be able to dismiss them and claim another.".

sure hope that's not the case, would hate to have to re-roll my liberated borg again just to get the crew I want - right now the android is the only one out of place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Me playing UT2k4 (red guy) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wz0DnP7wXnU
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am expecting this to be done before Season 7.

That's either a poorly worded demand or a sign of extreme optimism.:D
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited July 2012
    That's either a poorly worded demand or a sign of extreme optimism.:D

Extreme optimism is expecting it for the Season 6 launch. When Season 7 launches, it will be about a year after the Android Boff was introduced.
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Extreme optimism is expecting it for the Season 6 launch. When Season 7 launches, it will be about a year after the Android Boff was introduced.

Well, I guess we have different definitions of "extreme optimism". For me extreme optimism is expecting it before Gre'thor freezes over.
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    edited July 2012
    stararmy wrote: »
    I'm past 900 days now and the 700-day android hasn't been (fully) delivered. I really hope it gets into the game as part of the big season 6 patch.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
    edited July 2012
    No sign of this being fixed on the latest Tribble patch. I am expecting this to be done before Season 7.

Even if this fix happens to be in season 6, it's looking more and more likely that it won't be seen on tribble.