test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ask Cryptic: August 2011 Questions, please!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Can we get a 'Zone chat' between peoples ship interior? if ship functionality increces without an open chat channel i can see the social aspect of the game suffering.
    edited July 2011
    I would like to take part in Space walks - Going out onto the hull in a space suit with magnetic boots having encounters on the hull of your ship with aliens or fixing the deflector dish etc. Even better would be the ability to attach earned tech to the hull such as borg parts manually and in positions we like. Also beaming onto enemy ships hulls and having to cut our way in!

Furthering the space walk I would also like to be able to beam down to hostile environment planets in my space suit having to complete objectives before my suit is compromised by the environmental conditions.

I would also like to be able to bind ground bridge officer abilities to my power tray so I can use my bridge officer abilities in shooter mode.
    edited July 2011
    When will you fix the game?
    How will you fix the game?
    Why did you not Fix the game?
    How come the game turned to a glitch fest in season 4: ?
    edited August 2011
    When will there be a fix for the comms bug and the cloaking device? As in: I am cloaked and about to alpha a fed and my boff decides to tell me he has to go hit the can and next thing I know I am decloaked in front of 5 feds at a range I am not ready to fight from and now my only advantage (cloak) is no longer in use....

I like the klink side better then the Feds and will like the Roms better then both, hopefully you have a solution in the works. :)
    edited August 2011
    We have shuttles that level as we gain levels. Will we at some point see ships in the (near) future that do the same? The ability to place ship points into a ship at each rank allowing players to upgrade their vessel and grow it as they do their player would be a boon.

Any chance of getting any more female klingon attire such as that worn by Jadzia Dax Seen Here?
    edited August 2011
    I would like the ability to "hail" another ship using the game's voice chat . You know, as I pass em in sector space. I've made some friends in game, and sometimes just wanna chat randomly.
    Will we ever be able to do this without joining a team? Or fleet?
    We could double click on a player ship, then
    Maybe one of our bridge officers could say somethin like: "Captain, we are receiving a hail from the U.S.S. - whatever, do you want to take it?"
    edited August 2011
    insanegatz wrote: »
    When will there be a fix for the comms bug and the cloaking device? As in: I am cloaked and about to alpha a fed and my boff decides to tell me he has to go hit the can and next thing I know I am decloaked in front of 5 feds at a range I am not ready to fight from and now my only advantage (cloak) is no longer in use....

I like the klink side better then the Feds and will like the Roms better then both, hopefully you have a solution in the works. :)

Had to hit the can, you're funny ;:p
    edited August 2011
    Will CaptnLogan get some people on his team sone?
    edited August 2011
    Harorrd wrote:
    When will you fix the game?
    How will you fix the game?
    Why did you not Fix the game?
    How come the game turned to a glitch fest in season 4: ?
    you know they don't even look at questions that don't define what's 'wrong' with the game, right? you gotta be more specific
    edited August 2011
    Will you please elaborate on the reasoning for removing the $target command that allowed players to call targets in team chat (/bind <key> team Target $target)? Apparently the command works in zone, fleet and officer chats but not in team chat.
    Can it be replaced please? The fun of PUGs depend on it!
    edited August 2011
    Will it ever be possible to choose the fire arcs of narrow angle ship weapons such as dual cannons? I would like to slot cannons so they fire a 45 degree arc to the side of my carrier - a bit like a naval broadside? Rather than just to the front.
    edited August 2011
    Is it possible for you to add in eating and drinking emotes that randomise and repeat (like dance) so I could sit in club 602 and have my Captain go through the motions of eating and drinking whilst sitting at a table or at the bar?

Could there be mixed versions - one for a night out at a meal, with wine and food, another with just beers and shots and one with tea cup or coffee mug?

For Klingon side could it be bloodwine and Gagh?

Could you add in dining chat emotes, so I can wave a fork as I chat or discuss things with beer in hand?
    edited August 2011
    1) UI Revamp - My pet peeve is having to switch back and forth while trying to get my HUD "just right". Any plans to make the UI more flexible? I espically dislike the way the green boxes (that I move around while adjusting my HUD) never really represents what the HUD looks like when you switch back.

2) Assets - Currently we have numerous assets (Energy Credits/Badges/Marks/GP Latinum/etc.). Any plans to streamline the currency or provide a way to exchange Energy Credits into other forms of "currency" and vice versa?

3) Foundry - The few missions I was able to play before it got shut down were pretty good. While they didn't rival the weekly episodes in desgin, the few I played were far, far better than some of the standard "patrol X System" or "explore X System" content. However, we need a better and more indepth rating system. Any chance of a "Hall of Fame" catagory for those user-created missions that are a cut above the rest?

4) Inventory Tab for Unique Items - I finally had to move my Data Recorder and SS Azure Comm Pad to my bank. I kept inadvertely re-cycling them via the replicator. Any chance where we could have a (small) inventory tab where these type of items go?
    edited August 2011
    EVE Online just updated their character creator, and it's really cool, better than STO. Will we see anything like that in STO in the future?
    edited August 2011
    Are there plans to revamp the current in game HUD UI. The loading screens and the new in game cryptic store look awesome , but its starting to make the space and ground UI...well not very trek. The UI you guys had at the Pax convention back in 2009 looked way better than it does now. Will it be getting some love any time soon.
    edited August 2011
    Is there a chance, that our starships get a technichal enhancement, so they are able to fly straight up or down (+/- 90°) in space, or even do loopings? This spiraling up/down to an anomaly/enemy/item in space instead of flying straight towards it is a bit annoying.
    edited August 2011
    WYSIWYG when rearranging the HUD would be VERY helpfull.
    edited August 2011
    metaQ wrote: »
    WYSIWYG when rearranging the HUD would be VERY helpfull.

Oh yes. That's been annoying me ever since I returned last week. Right now, all you can do to make the HUD turn out as you want it is an educated guess, because the green overlays differ in size and dimension from the actual consoles.
    edited August 2011
    We have the options for joystick and xbox controller, yet no support. Will this feature ever get finished, it doesn't work for shooter mode.
    edited August 2011
    Aside form the single mission use and the novolty factor of shuttle and fighter craft. Are there any plans to add more things to do with these particular ships? Perhaps a PVP arena for them only? Or use them to go exploring? Or use for diplomatic missions only? I don't think they were placed in game to be one hit wonders without much use.
    edited August 2011
    Rhas wrote:
    Is it possible for you to add in eating and drinking emotes that randomise and repeat (like dance) so I could sit in club 602 and have my Captain go through the motions of eating and drinking whilst sitting at a table or at the bar?

Could there be mixed versions - one for a night out at a meal, with wine and food, another with just beers and shots and one with tea cup or coffee mug?

For Klingon side could it be bloodwine and Gagh?

Could you add in dining chat emotes, so I can wave a fork as I chat or discuss things with beer in hand?

Ok.. I second this one.. though no effect on gameplay this would be cool for those of us that like to RP our characters. Nice suggestion!
    edited August 2011
    They have already announced plans for a pvp arena for fighters and shuttles but i would like an eta on in.

Also, now that cryptic has a buyer any eta on STO merchandise?? Possibly a custom keyboard??
    edited August 2011
    Can you give us a better time frame when you will have the Klingon on content added in.
    edited August 2011
    Will we ever get wearable medals and ribbons for our uniforms to show off the accolades we have reached? Not necessarily all of the accolades, but the 25 and 50 point accolades should be given medals while everything else ribbons. Although I think having them wearable would be great, what about a glass case or something we can show off in our ready room or mess hall? If Starfleet is in a war, why not make the uniforms more military-like and give the players a way to show off all of their accomplishments?

Is there an ETA on poker? I'd love to play poker for latinum. Just my 2 cents.
    edited August 2011
    Is there any possibility for a pvp game type that would encompass both factions and have a ground and space element going on at the same time for example side a ships have to run a blockade while side b ships tries to hold them back while side a ground guys tries to shut down orbital defenses while side b ground guys tries to keep the defenses online. or any kind of joins scenario?
    edited August 2011
    I have a question? I know the foundry is down, and I believe it will be back up soon. But is there going to be new content for the foundry? Such as a 3d map system so you can see were your placing object before testing the map?
    edited August 2011
    is steps beeing taken to prevent future content problems like we have had lately?
    edited August 2011
    I was wondering if you have ever thought about opening up the Romulan and Cardassian story line and patrol missions to the Klingons?
    edited August 2011
    Will we be able to flesh out our Captains with noncombat skills, equipment, and content? Picard was an archaeologist and a captain. Janeway was a scientist and a captain. So we should be able to make our captains more than just a captain. After all, not everyone wants to be an ambassador and a captain or at least have more than one or two skill sets. Duty Officer assignments should be just the initial step in noncombat play since my captain should have credit for saving a world from disease instead of a duty officer.
    edited August 2011
    Some of the updates with Season 4 have been a lot of fun--shooter mode, for instance. However, some of the bugs introduced in the update have made it extremely difficult to even communicate in game with fleet or team mates. The chat system isn't working properly right now, nor is Vivox. The Foundry has been down for several weeks. On top of that, some of the bosses in the STFs have been made so difficult that unless you have "The Perfect Team Build" (tm), it is impossible to beat it. These four issues have caused so much frustration for some of my fleetmates that they are talking about quitting the game. What do I say to them? I don't want to lose my fleetmates!
This discussion has been closed.