test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: August 2011 Questions, please!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Will it ever be possible that you have two skill trees to change it.(PVP-skill build ,PVE-skill build).
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Few questions
    When Dx10 will be aviable in game?All talking about Dx11 and dx9 but no1 talking about Dx10.
    And when Peregrine fighter will be aviable by crafting?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So, important question to a lot of people right now, and I hope it doesn't sound provocative.

It's been quite a while since we've had any real 'new' content to play. Is there some coming this month, and if not, when?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Has any thought been put towards a quick way to change out of armor/kit when on a "friendly" station? Some people put a lot of time into their uniforms and it seems such a shame to have the covered up in social places. And while I know you could remove the armor and remove the kit when you land, then put them both back on before you leave, couldn't that just be automatic or with one click of a button?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    hi, and good job with the season 4 work and starfleet academy, this must have been a hudge resources holding.
    now i have 2 very important question ( for me ) wich i detailed after, forgive me if this question have already been asked but i really don't have time to look at the 42 pages of this asked cryptic ( even if i will look into it after )

so 1st one:
    do you plan to implemented some kind of retrait character option?
    because i have level 3 character in different carrier ( scientis, engi and tactic ) my last main character is tactic, but i discovered that engineer is more my style of playing.
    so i really wanted to "transformed" this tactical character in an engeneer one because i don't want and i will not go trought every accolade run once again, and the trait this character have are better then the trait that my engineer have, that why i don't want to use my current engineer as a main.
    i would be agreed to paid for this services and wouln't mind that my character been taking offline for the conversion process. but it would be great because now i am stuck in middle with one for accolade purpose and the other for efficient fight.

now the second one ( wich is much of a suggestion )

i still feel the galaxy x need improvement and i known many player do, i have try to find a solution that would not be a balanced breaking of the game and came into this 2 ones, tell me what you think of it:

1st possibility:

_reduced the phaser lance in mid way of the original power and actual power but enhanced it accuracy
    _make the turn rate +1 degree
    _ give us a unviversal console slot ( that my idea to regain fire power identical to assault cruiser, and it would be a build choice, we gain firepower but loose healing abilitie, note that it also could be inn the opposite way, everyone would make the galaxy x like they want to on the console slot distribution )

2nd possibility:

_reduced the phaser lance in mid way of the original power and actual power + accuracy enhanced
    _make the cloak a battle cloak

and that it, note that i prefer the 1 possibility
    forgive me for bad spelling and all, english is not my primary language, i don't master it.
    anyway thank you for reading and continue the good work
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Q: Have you taken 15 Min to embed a Team Member with their Champions City Counterpart ?
    Take a look at Millenium City for a scale of possible future planet areas of exploration and activities?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Considering that there are about 500 new things in the game that aren't displayed on the website, is STO.com going to get a refit anytime soon?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Have you got any plans to improve the skill point system? I mean, why we have to stop earning skill points at vice admiral lvl ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Another question I thought of that I see others have asked, but I will ask again for empahsis:

Can we have a Captain change species option?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What about animated antennae for Andorians?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    what's the current status on the open pvp?

to keep the pvp community happy, why not just reintroduce that space assault game mode that was removed from the beginning of the game?

When is the vivox chat bug going to be fixed?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Do you have any intention in giving the end-game player a mission ( like the one in Eta eridani - that requires 10 computer things to get it) , but from wich we can aquire some cross faction equipment - like a cloaking device from klingons, even a bird of prey, and vice versa for the klings?:)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is it still the plan to have successive feature episodes with about two week breaks in between?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    A while ago I Asked Cryptic if there was any plans to make the Sehlats/Targs we puchased in store into something useful in combat. It was answered about a possible Targ breeding programme and I was happy to hear that.

We now have combat horta in game which I love, and adult Sehlats to fight in the Colliseum mission. I would like to revisit my original question of "Is there any chance we will be able to train our Sehlats and Targs into combat pets"??

Thank you :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    whats the word on the borg invasion and new species (Aeniar,Talixan, Android, Hologram etc?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is there any chance that Denise Crosby will voice for Empress Sela?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    If there is any sol system invasions, will ESD have its own weapons on it like DS9?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Are there any plans to stop forward movement on content and start bug fixing? The amount of "bugs, unintended issues, and intermittent failures has reached a point *personal opinion* that warrants a serious look at the code to start fixing errors
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    In addition to the question I had previously about a TWOK bridge, I have the following questions:-

1. Any possibility of ever being able to lock your level/rank? As someone who enjoys the gameplay of the lower levels (especially commander, where I feel I'm neither overpowered or underpowered, in pve or pvp), I'd love not advancing out of them.

I even have two alts I levelled specifically so I could enjoy lowerer level PvP. :)

2. Any chance of PvP trophies and new accolades that are rewarded for more kills (200 player ships is a little low).

3. Not a question, but more of a suggestion. Please don't have a mission where we save the Enterprise-F, it should always be the other way around. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok so we have Breen items for our ships, we have Remen shields, and we have Borg items for our ships.
    Any chance of getting Undine items for our ships? I noticed and correct me if I am wrong but sometimes the Undine will combine there shots on you when your attacking them. I think that would be a cool special ability.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    mvs5191 wrote: »
    We are rapidly approaching the one year anniversary of being told that we'd be getting basic PvP additions like tournament queues and leaderboards that were "in testing and to be released soon."

As it has been one entire year and nothing has materialized (let alone other simple things like maps), when can we expect those additions? And why have they taken so long, especially when they were already in testing?

Will the c-store offer any kool new items for that?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    For the love of GOD please give us a way to prevent people from inviting us into fleets. I am SO tired of closing pop-up windows. Believe it or not, there are those of us who have no desire to join a fleet.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Dunzel wrote: »
    For the love of GOD please give us a way to prevent people from inviting us into fleets. I am SO tired of closing pop-up windows. Believe it or not, there are those of us who have no desire to join a fleet.

it amazes me people do that, how many times a week do you figure someone joins just long eneugh to clean out their bank
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Is it possible in the future if we will be able to have a graphic option to "not see player geometry", so I dont get to see other people with Aegis gear and purple glows from the Breen kit flying around sector space. It just does not look Trek?

Not a major concern, just would like to know if it's possible.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What we wish to see :

An better fleet roster
    An option to put up more info about your fleet so you don't have to make an outside website to do this.
    To make an flag ship for you fleet
    An system for buying Time Cards with in STO game money ?
    More pay options to buy time cards ( Like Walle )
    Also you can buy Cryptic Points with Wallie's
    An option where star bases can defend themselves .....

Hope to see my question answered ....
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    What are the chances of work with hasbro and getting Cybertron and the transformers involved?:D Autobots siding with the feds, Decepticons siding with the Romulans or Klingons.:D

While I think this would be cool, (Thinks of a Galaxy X Dreadnaught, suddenly transforming into Omega Supreme on the Borg ala http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WOvFsVlWUI ), The chances of Any actually Cross over, Transformers, or otherwise would be astronomically slim, You have Licensing issues, How to split profits, copyrights, and people holding those copyrights who want the /biggest/ cut of the Energon cube.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Will there ever be a use for older tier ships?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    When will we see the level cap raised? Perhaps an Infinity admiral That applies the increased abilities based on a formula without a cap. Ie Infinate Admiral 101.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Can we have a option to buy more bank tabs for our fleet banks?
    Can we please have a eta on new episodes?
    Borg invasion WHAT Borg invasion ?....

Also out fleet put a ticket in about the events tabe back in may/ June as we can't del old events from ex fleet members and was told that this would be fixed soon please can this happen
    Scc fleet - fed
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    When will we get more content?
    When will we fly our ships from the bridge?
This discussion has been closed.