Important: DQ Rewards Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Since we have a new CM now, I would really appreciate it if you could tell us if the DQ rewards are officially over or not, as my DQ points were stacking up untill a few days ago, but now, they are stuck at 33942 ever since then.

So, could you shed some light on this please? b:surrender
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I still am amazed on the fact they don't give us any warning, notice or closure date of any kind.
    The DQ system and the possible deadlines don't depend on PW China, so why can't they give us proper feedback on this topic?

I feel it's a lack of respect towards us and it can only worsen the opinion we got of them.

It's a very sad state of affairs. b:surrender
    You must have had trouble reading.
    eraldus wrote: »
    Since we have a new CM now, I would really appreciate it if you could tell us if the DQ rewards are officially over or not, as my DQ points were stacking up untill a few days ago, but now, they are stuck at 33942 ever since then.

So, could you shed some light on this please? b:surrender
    It would be nice to know why they are still running when we were told that they were done with last year.

If anything, to stop the never-ending QQ of people that can't read.
    Oh wait, they'd still QQ because they can't read.

Guys, It was supposed to end last year. The fact that is still works is something you should look at as a gift, not an entitlement. Enough of the whining already.
    (Oh damn, I whined.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AirialAce - Morai
    AirialAce - Morai Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    by now everyone should know about this and should stop qqing a river about it.
    what i find strange trough,shouldn't it be removed the past month or so?you made me miss on 3 cards f:angry
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    by now everyone should know about this and should stop qqing a river about it.
    what i find strange trough,shouldn't it be removed the past month or so?you made me miss on 3 cards f:angry

This is the point, REMOVE it, not leave it there giving the impression that it still works, I`m missing at least 2x Dem/Sage cards with this!
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited January 2014
    Options
    This is the point, REMOVE it, not leave it there giving the impression that it still works, I`m missing at least 2x Dem/Sage cards with this!

Not saying anything one way or another but... isn't that kind of a contradiction with it gone?

I mean, you can't be missing something you wouldn't have had to begin with if they got rid of it on December 31st, right?

Don't get me wrong, I wish they had killed the page there and then so nobody could rightfully complain like we're seeing now... but I'm also not gonna complain and feel entitled to the bonus of it still being there and letting me get extra event gold that I wouldn't have managed to get if they'd taken it down completely in December while Arc didn't have a replacement.

Oh and the fact that Arc doesn't have a replacement in place right now? Yeah... if they'd gone ahead and taken down the page in December, that's what everyone would be flooding with angry complaints about. Don't even try and deny that one since we all know it's true. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

It would be nice to know why they are still running when we were told that they were done with last year.

Guys, It was supposed to end last year. The fact that is still works is something you should look at as a gift, not an entitlement. Enough of the whining already.
    (Oh damn, I whined.)

I'm not sure if that "QQ" part was aimed at me, to Lesthar or to us both, but if it was, then let me tell you that I wasn't QQing at all... I just want an answer if this time the page is gone for good, instead of having to look at the DQ page everytime like an idiot to see if it is still working or not.
  • cafelatte
    cafelatte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Btw, IF DQ points & rewards are actually gone now, why does Jolly Jones still have that DQ points quest? I actually tried a while ago, whether I'd get the missing 600 pts to 50k via that quest, but it doesn't seem to work either. So meh.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

(Oh damn, I whined.)

I did read "by December 2013" in november last year, no worries. I know it should have ended long ago according to them, but they couldn't even make so it was a respected deadline. It's like they decided on it after throwing darts at a calendar.

It is not the first time they do that to us either, given all of the "soon"-full false hopes they force-fed us over time.

And recently they said it'd be over once the new system via Arc would be implemented, I then take it as an extended, yet not-precised deadline. It's not currently the case and they haven't shut the valves off, so I feel I got the right to QQ over the (usual) inconsistency from PWE (and I am not QQ-ing often around these parts, otherwise).

They just don't know what they're doing, even when it does pertain to them.

Oh btw, you are much better and useful at helping people troubleshooting PWI-related issues than trying to troll us here.
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Not saying anything one way or another but... isn't that kind of a contradiction with it gone?

I mean, you can't be missing something you wouldn't have had to begin with if they got rid of it on December 31st, right?

Don't get me wrong, I wish they had killed the page there and then so nobody could rightfully complain like we're seeing now... but I'm also not gonna complain and feel entitled to the bonus of it still being there and letting me get extra event gold that I wouldn't have managed to get if they'd taken it down completely in December while Arc didn't have a replacement.

Oh and the fact that Arc doesn't have a replacement in place right now? Yeah... if they'd gone ahead and taken down the page in December, that's what everyone would be flooding with angry complaints about. Don't even try and deny that one since we all know it's true. b:chuckle

Is it really a bonus? If it was done well, we would have at best jumped to the new system already and at worst been ending with a removal of the current system without benefits or alternate way.
    At least a proper notice on a date change would have been fine. We got nothing like any of these three paths.

It's like playing a sad game of peek-a-boo to see if it has updated or not (and it's not the first time it happened).
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

(Oh damn, I whined.)

They did say it would be off in December but they also said that they were going to replace it with something else. I don't see any replacement for it so they shouldn't turn it off yet.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • cafelatte
    cafelatte Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    They did say it would be off in December but they also said that they were going to replace it with something else. I don't see any replacement for it so they shouldn't turn it off yet.
    ^that.
    edited January 2014
    Options

Indeed, this is precisely what we want, a fully functional replacement NOW, with the old system gone, what they give us now, false promises about the new system taking place who knows when and to add more to the insult, they turn off the already working system so no one can get any points for who knows how bloody long!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Indeed, this is precisely what we want, a fully functional replacement NOW, with the old system gone, what they give us now, false promises about the new system taking place who knows when and to add more to the insult, they turn off the already working system so no one can get any points for who knows how bloody long!

The best they could have done would be to prepare the new system and immediately replace the old one with it once it is ready. But nah.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    herp derp a derp cause they avoid answering this thread lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Deflectra - Sanctuary
    Deflectra - Sanctuary Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    herp derp a derp cause they avoid answering this thread lol

The response will be "SOON" anyways.
  • Sneeze - Sanctuary
    Sneeze - Sanctuary Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options

^ I agree with this statement!

However, I'm not surprised by the page going down. They warned us a month ago and I just kind of prepared myself by npcing every day and redeeming my rewards. 8D I'm just disappointed that a new system isn't up and I can't get some more event gold. XD
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    yerrr the confusing part is tho,

they gave us a months warning that they will let us know about a warning (aka yo dawg)

then they gave us another months warning about making sure to redeem our points cause the time is nearing

fast forward to a little over 1 month again.

the DQ points arent updating but its 'working'. The item vendoring doesnt update from the 23rd but the front text says differently.
    dont know if error or they actually did take it off.
    At least they can make that part clear.

non of the CMs or GMs are even touching this matter to tell us so.
    Ive sprinkled it around SparkleMans threads and hes been purposely avoiding touching this subject and just cherry picking lesser **** that can be copy pasted as 'oh ill let the higher ups know hee hee lookat me i care' sort of answer. Not really impressed so far. f:tired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    dq has been updating quite regularly with me till the last few days. If it no longer works they should just close the page
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    They won't be able to implement a new system until the GS is ready for it. This means we won't see one until at least another update to the GS (v102/v105 anyone? for the record NH is v101) The hard facts are v101 didn't have the code they needed, so it's not in v101, that's why we haven't seen a new one brought in. And they can deny that all they want, but the GS core doesn't work properly with ARC. They THOUGHT it would, turns out it didn't.
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't officially know the answer to this yet, but I'm going to try and find out what I can tomorrow. I'll come back here and update the thread should I find out any further news.
  • Atrocious - Heavens Tear
    Atrocious - Heavens Tear Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Thank you Sparkie. Much appreciated. We do like our DQ pts rewards.
    Veteran PWIer.
    Trolled by PWI for 5* years and counting.
    You have gained the status: Immune to trolls.
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I don't officially know the answer to this yet, but I'm going to try and find out what I can tomorrow. I'll come back here and update the thread should I find out any further news.

Remember Sparkie, telling us you haven't found news is still news. b:bye

We've been in a big dark shadow, knowledge is comfort, even if it's just you updating us that you're still pressuring for news.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • sparkiesoft
    sparkiesoft Posts: 47
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Remember Sparkie, telling us you haven't found news is still news. b:bye

We've been in a big dark shadow, knowledge is comfort, even if it's just you updating us that you're still pressuring for news.

Oh I understand completely. I'll hopefully have information tomorrow, but if I don't, I'll let you all know that as well.
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Points updated, go check yours, cashed out 3 cards b:dirty

Ty Sparkie if you had anything to do with this!
  • matthieudoncacci
    matthieudoncacci Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Still not updated for me b:cry
    OmbreChild - sage sin - Morai - 105-105-103
    mypers.pw/5/#276700
    OlyChryst - sage cleric - Morai - 101
    OgreCador - demon barb - Morai - 100
  • pikins90
    pikins90 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    updated \o\ good job :3
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Woot updated for me finally!
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vasanta - Lost City
    Vasanta - Lost City Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    is this the last update of dq points or can we continue npc'ing them?
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I've been reading this thread, and would just remind everyone that they said this would stop working in December, i am happy that it is still in place, but i am taking it as it is. I expect the system to stop working all together any day, and if points appear i use them.

i think its just a matter of time in any case until they work out the kinks in arc and shutdown this specific web site just for PWI (which they said they were going to do), and push everyone through their other channels.

I'm not commenting one way or another about arc, rewards, or anything, i am just simply stating, they have said it will end, they said December, its still working, so get it while it lasts... technically they have no obligation anyway, and have told us its supposed to be over.

Just chalk it up to the way they do things that we got some extra freebies...

thanks pwi..b:thanks
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Wow you got to be kidding right? I just checked for s#its and giggles and it updated as of the 25th lol. (another sage card for me) possibly gonna get two more if the points from the last few days update. So its still working but late as hell!
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • Evryn - Morai
    Evryn - Morai Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Could it perhaps be the sheer amount of DQ items being sold? What *coughautoculticough* could be the cause of that? b:laugh
    I'm so P.R.O... I Press Respawn Often.

Ulsyr 103/103/104 BM. Working on the last R9 part (Axe).
    Khelvan 103/103/103 LA Cler. LA? LA. Deal with it.
    Evryn 103/102/101 Sagely Mystical Myst of Mystiness.
    Gromth 102/102/102 Sage Panda.
    StoneSnake - Snakeshop for everyone's common stones.
This discussion has been closed.