Important: DQ Rewards Coming to an End

Options

Comments

• TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    So no formal warning saying "hey guys were about to switch the site around u may want to get ur blessings or use ur DQ points us cuz u wont be able to access them."???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    They could at least have shut down the increase of DQ points after a TIMED WARNING.
    Again, they didn't care about us. Typical of PWE, I smell a perfume of massive QQ floating around.

Well, I just missed on a random dye. I'm glad I mindlessly checked on the page a few times a day. b:surrender

as to quote myself: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21267721&postcount=9 and a wise soul http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=21267341&postcount=7

So no formal warning saying "hey guys were about to switch the site around u may want to get ur blessings or use ur DQ points us cuz u wont be able to access them."???
    That would have been wonderful, but again I believe it's not how they work or think. It's sad that even for small gestures, they won't even give it a thought.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • bboylittleboy
    bboylittleboy Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    been saying this for years and ill still say it, PWI gives 0 FUX about us - all it cares for is MONEY. they need to slap themselves and take there face for a shiiiiiiiiiite
  • aetje
    aetje Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Repost from the other thread so noone misses it:

What are you talking about? The DQ system is still working, you just have to blast away that annoying auto redirect. Quick howto:
    - Use Firefox.
    - Load DQ page, press F12, quickly select the Debugger. This pauses the redirect countdown as all scripting on the page is halted. (if not press back and the timer will be stuck on 0)
    - Rightclick on that annoying thing and select "Inspect Element". Make sure it selects the entire thing.
    - In the inspector tab, remove the node "div:redirect-background".
    - The DQ page is now usable.

That said, given they're moving this along, I can't guarantee how long the actual DQ system remains active. Use those points ASAP. I just a few seconds ago managed to convert my remaining DQ points into do-all cards. If these instructions are unclear I can whip up a visual howto.
  • Drek_Fing - Sanctuary
    Drek_Fing - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There is no reason for them to do this right after a 2x period. Atlease give the botters time to turn in their points and to use them besides at maint when the 2x ended and rip the DQ point away from us. Should have after Maint posted in News 1 or 2 weeks left to redeem DQ points before we change to arc website that we totally have messed up where you cant do anything.
    If I know this was going to happen me and Wife wouldn't have sunk 100$ each into this game
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    There is no reason for them to do this right after a 2x period. Atlease give the botters time to turn in their points and to use them besides at maint when the 2x ended and rip the DQ point away from us. Should have after Maint posted in News 1 or 2 weeks left to redeem DQ points before we change to arc website that we totally have messed up where you cant do anything.
    If I know this was going to happen me and Wife wouldn't have sunk 100$ each into this game

They warned us in game a few times, albeit I only took one screen shot, still the proof is here.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    December came and went, and now they kick us in the balls with no warning, after we were PROMISED news. SPARKLESOFT NOT A GOOD START, FIX THIS!!
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    After looking at the source the new redirect code was meant to support exemptions for the legacy reward site but the exemption list isn't being set correctly.
    It's still their ****-up we're paying for

wow, and someone deleted the post huh?
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Mistyfied - Sanctuary
    Mistyfied - Sanctuary Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    aetje wrote: »
    Repost from the other thread so noone misses it:

What are you talking about? The DQ system is still working, you just have to blast away that annoying auto redirect. Quick howto:
    - Use Firefox.
    - Load DQ page, press F12, quickly select the Debugger. This pauses the redirect countdown as all scripting on the page is halted. (if not press back and the timer will be stuck on 0)
    - Rightclick on that annoying thing and select "Inspect Element". Make sure it selects the entire thing.
    - In the inspector tab, remove the node "div:redirect-background".
    - The DQ page is now usable.

Thank you! b:thanks
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards#/reward

let's see how quick this gets deleted
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited February 2014
    Options
    http://pwi.perfectworld.com/dqrewards#/reward

let's see how quick this gets deleted

At about the same speed as the other work-arounds that got posted got delete--

owait.

brb rolling eyes now.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    At about the same speed as the other work-arounds that got posted got delete--

owait.

brb rolling eyes now.
    Originally Posted by Asterelle - Sanctuary: i quoted this post, and it's gone already
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=21270851#post21270851
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Originally Posted by Asterelle - Sanctuary: i quoted this post, and it's gone already

People can delete their own posts, you know. If workarounds were getting deleted none of the other ones would still be here and your quote would have been removed. b:chuckle

It's also why I didn't merge your post as a double post.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    People can delete their own posts, you know. If workarounds were getting deleted none of the other ones would still be here and your quote would have been removed. b:chuckle

It's also why I didn't merge your post as a double post.
    deleting used t throw up unauthorized warnings
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    deleting used t throw up unauthorized warnings

You sure? I've been able to delete my posts since early 09... which was when I stopped lurking without logging in and actually started to post actively.

Edit: Either way, now you know so there's that.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Nah I saw there was already another thread for a workaround and decided to put the post in there instead.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You sure? I've been able to delete my posts since early 09... which was when I stopped lurking without logging in and actually started to post actively.

Edit: Either way, now you know so there's that.
    and you've been a mod for how long?
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    and you've been a mod for how long?

... What's that got to do with anything? XD
    Nah I saw there was already another thread for a workaround and decided to put the post in there instead.
    Much appreciated, Ast. As always your info is spot on and helpful for everyone.
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options

Much appreciated, Ast. As always your info is spot on and helpful for everyone.

Is SweetieBot modeled after you? :D b:dirtyb:chuckleb:avoid
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    mod = elevated privileges perhaps?
  • opkossy
    edited February 2014
    Options
    mod = elevated privileges perhaps?

I posted from this before getting the mod position and still have full access to said account. Would be kinda difficult to play on it if I didn't. b:chuckle
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2014
    Options
    I posted from this before getting the mod position and still have full access to said account. Would be kinda difficult to play on it if I didn't. b:chuckle
    well.. I remember times when you couldn't. or maybe Xeian was special.. idk..
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »
    Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the DQ Rewards system will soon be coming to an end. We are currently in the process of developing a new rewards system using the ARC platform.

If you currently have points in the DQ Rewards system we ask that you use your points before December. The page will be disabled after we launch our new Arcgames.com website.

The Player Rankings page will also be taken down once the transition takes place.

For more information about ARC and what's coming please visit:

http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1031281

So as you said and.. and ill just say i think its funny this isnt merged with the other FAIL thread about DQ... you say that the DQ system will be removed when the arcgames site is up...and on the other DQ thread we are told we would get ample warning....but we were NEVER TOLD that the arcgames site was almost ready and to use the last of out DQ or get blessings...you gave us no warning and are forcing Arc down our throats....mods need to emphasize this to the GMs pls...NO ON WANTS OR LIKES ARC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    .NO ON WANTS OR LIKES ARC.

You dont speak for the entire community.
  • First_sin - Harshlands
    First_sin - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ARC is **** and everyone know it, so stop kiss GM ***
  • Fabuleux - Lost City
    Fabuleux - Lost City Posts: 920 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    ARC is **** and everyone know it, so stop kiss GM ***

Honestly? It runs a lot better than Aeria Ignite. Don't accuse people of *** kissing because you think anyone should despise it.
    I've been reading this thread, and would just remind everyone that they said this would stop working in December, i am happy that it is still in place, but i am taking it as it is. I expect the system to stop working all together any day, and if points appear i use them.

i think its just a matter of time in any case until they work out the kinks in arc and shutdown this specific web site just for PWI (which they said they were going to do), and push everyone through their other channels.

I'm not commenting one way or another about arc, rewards, or anything, i am just simply stating, they have said it will end, they said December, its still working, so get it while it lasts... technically they have no obligation anyway, and have told us its supposed to be over.

Just chalk it up to the way they do things that we got some extra freebies...

thanks pwi..b:thanks

This is actually pretty scary as I read it after today.....

INSIDE MAN!
  • _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver
    _Ravenous_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    This is actually pretty scary as I read it after today.....

INSIDE MAN!
    Agree, if it was not supposed to be up after December, but was still running in Feb, then how do you not expect a huge backlash when you take away the chances of your most vetran players, being able to utilize the last of their rewards, and no final warning, OR CHOICE about arc?!! Arc does not make the game run better for EVERYONE!!! Starts the boycott by marking unlike and stops playing until is fixed....anyone else???b:angryb:cryb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astaroth6113
    astaroth6113 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You dont speak for the entire community.
    maybe no the entire community but i can bet the majority dont like this ****
  • shysoul
    shysoul Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Yesterday the DQ was still working you could have told us you will shut it donw today so we could take ours rewards !! b:angry

Like always, you dont care about players, the bugs aren't fixes, and what about the John blessins that a good thing did you crash it too ??? b:cry
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Options
    You know, I'm fine with this. PWE gives us the finger and we can return it. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
This discussion has been closed.