Important: DQ Rewards Coming to an End

Options
synchroze
synchroze Posts: 0
edited February 2015 in General Discussion
Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the DQ Rewards system will soon be coming to an end. We are currently in the process of developing a new rewards system using the ARC platform.

If you currently have points in the DQ Rewards system we ask that you use your points before December. The page will be disabled after we launch our new Arcgames.com website.

The Player Rankings page will also be taken down once the transition takes place.

For more information about ARC and what's coming please visit:

http://www.perfectworld.com/news/?p=1031281
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This isn't news. Do we have any ETA's yet?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This isn't news. Do we have any ETA's yet?

He said we should spend it before December, so I'm guessing that's the ETA.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ew Arc. You're really going to force us to use this ****, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well now we have knowledge about when to use our DQ points.

The ZEN charging method change is a bit silly though. What if someone makes a large purchase and wanted to send it to several games? Before they could do that freely but this change is going to make them have to do multiple purchases instead.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Miyavi_ - Archosaur
    Miyavi_ - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    synchroze wrote: »

The Player Rankings page will also be taken down once the transition takes place.

Funny, that shtty Player Rankings page never worked so why does anyone give a sht? Sadly the DQ being taken away from people who use it to farm money will chase some people away as well.

Money pit... or PWI should make a new game called Money Pit, especially after the devastating sht that happened on Arch server.
  • NigeIus - Dreamweaver
    NigeIus - Dreamweaver Posts: 399 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    will be have a new ranked page?or that will disapear permanently? if we get new rankings, will u consider the old rankings? or everything will start from 0? tys.

PS: i wonder the day ppl use the important threads to ask things and not to troll our mods/other players.... for that we have other threads......
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    whyyyy does it have to use arcccccccc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    We are currently in the process of developing a new rewards system using the ARC platform.

COME ON!!
    After all the posts in the DQ System suggestion thread asking not to make it a part of ARC?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Once again it seems the advertizing part of a company has suggested negatively impacting changes to a perfectly good program in the mistaken belief that they know better than their clients as to what the client really wants.

This is the same type of mistake that Microsoft made with the new start screen in Windows 8 and 8.1.
    I personally believe this was introduced as the Desktop is not very Microsoft Store friendly, whereas the start screen is built around it, and in future all updates will be delivered via the store.

This led to a dramatically reduced uptake in the new OS after release, so bad it took 9 months for sales to beat its worse selling OS of all time Vista.
    Also 75% of people forced to drop XP due to Microsofts cutting of support have gone to win 7 rather than deal with the new Start screen.

But they still insist they are right even when their own sales show so clearly they are wrong.

Arc is just the same for a lot of us, its forced unnecessary advertizing of a companys other products, disguised as changes to provide a better service, instead of providing the personal needed to properly supervise their games, which probably costs more than providing us with this garbage.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well at least i can play threw the end of the year.
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • TZoner - Raging Tide
    TZoner - Raging Tide Posts: 1,764 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Funny how we finally get told SORTA when the DQ is being removed just to also be told you are forcing arc down our throats still. Wonder how many people are gonna quit after arc is completely forced on us. IK ill start a poll xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Funny how we finally get told SORTA when the DQ is being removed just to also be told you are forcing arc down our throats still. Wonder how many people are gonna quit after arc is completely forced on us. IK ill start a poll xD

I am already on the list :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why not wait to see what arc games has to offer and the offers we can get before you all complain more. No one is forcing you to DL arc ijs.

No i don't currently have arc on this laptop. As long as my sage/demon cards and random dyes are there i'm good with downloading it
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Why not wait to see what arc games has to offer and the offers we can get before you all complain more. No one is forcing you to DL arc ijs.

No i don't currently have arc on this laptop. As long as my sage/demon cards and random dyes are there i'm good.

You must have not read any posts relating to arc, it will be the only way to play and download their games. You will be using arc if you want to continue playing when its implemented. I will not be continuing when this change occures as I have already tried to get arc to work. I had a similar problem with a different game company where their installer/launcher would not run on my computer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Murcas - Sanctuary
    Murcas - Sanctuary Posts: 299 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Arc is just so damn buggy...It makes me wonder why they decided on sailing with such a buggy program. I mean, you don't sail a boat when the compass doesn't work, why would you put so much on a program that does so much, so poorly? Yeah, it can do a lot, that also means when that fails, the whole program fails. I have never experienced Malware linked to Arc, but then again I don't USE Arc a lot. I don't see "the end", but I do see the smoke and when you see smoke, it stands to reason there is a fire somewhere.
  • Selak - Dreamweaver
    Selak - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

No i don't currently have arc on this laptop. As long as my sage/demon cards and random dyes are there i'm good with downloading it

If you read all you will realize its going to be compulsory for all, and as much as I personally dislike Game Managers as useless Bling software, I can understand that some of you may like its additional features,
    but that does not give you or anyone else the right to force people like me to have to use it to access your product.

Not asking for much, just the simple democratic right to say no to parts of a product I do not want to use without removing all my rights to share in the use of this product.
    There are old Warriors, and bold Warriors,
    but there are very few old bold Warriors. b:chuckle
  • koann
    koann Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I will quit if arc become mandatory or if i lose too much for not use it.
    Only that b:angry
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If it isn't too late could we get sporadic 'warnings' in red on the game that it is ending soon... there are some people who don't check the forums, and see these warnings... I can so see there being uproars after it being removed, even if you did mention it on a stick on the forums.

Obviously I have seen it, but I do have a feeling lots of people haven't seen it and yes I do indeed thank you all for the stickied warnings.

<-- already spent his dq points.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Great way to go outta your way to still > Shove the faces of everyone who've made it clear too you (that they don't want to use ARC) back into the Dirt {PWE} I commend you...b:embarrass Not ~_~'

You know, I'm glad I finally decided to put 1-comp here at my place (with the ARC Varient install // Where as I've kept my main gaming comp with the Pre-ARC version for actual playing of {PWi})...b:surrender

I can atleast use the other-1 to keep dibs on all the stuff that you've been taking away from everyone who want the old version to play on only, while you're still trying to force arc on everyone>>>W2G {PWE}...

((You know, many people who still play your games, likely may not have access to a number of comps in-home to do what I finally decided to do with this never-ending forced ARC debacle (that you're so blindly set on imposing on everybody {PWE})... So why not try having a heart once in awhile for them, before you go and risk further alienation of all of those who've still tried to remain loyal to you who may not have access to more then 1-comp in-residence at their places???))b:surrender???
  • lambo2
    lambo2 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I do not like
  • Athrel - Raging Tide
    Athrel - Raging Tide Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just wanted to give everyone the heads up that the DQ Rewards system will soon be coming to an end. We are currently in the process of developing a new rewards system using the ARC platform.

If you currently have points in the DQ Rewards system we ask that you use your points before December. The page will be disabled after we launch our new Arcgames.com website.

You guys had better have all the DQ points updated before this happens. I have already had to send in a ticket because the DQ page has not updated for me in like 3 days!b:cry
  • killeshan
    killeshan Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are you going to resend the items or re appoint all those dq points used buy ppl on the archo server in the last 4 says I redeemed 130 random pigments and a demon/sage card I want them back
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Boy, your company has really just completely stopped listening to the players to allow you to operate as a corporation of any shape or form. Might as well close the doors to this "open" message board, because whatever we as players have to say is irrelevant to your company.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If ya'll gonna qq go to pwcn and qq ijs
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
  • bluestuffzzz
    bluestuffzzz Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    If ya'll gonna qq go to pwcn and qq ijs

PW-CN runs ARC? No? Lol. IJS.

PW-CN doesn't run anything. Wanmei does, and Wanmei did not create ARC or make it mandatory to obtain item(s) in the future.
    I host an Ecatomb mirror here: ecatomb.gdevtalk.net
    I've been actively playing since late 2008.
    Youtube: youtube.com/user/thecryotonic
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    arc is corrupt so what else ya got?
  • Waldhard - Dreamweaver
    Waldhard - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So however the company decided that wanting to play will have to use the force of dubious quality program. It is a pity, a great pity ... f:shh
  • Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide
    Crazy_Roxy - Raging Tide Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I Downloaded PW to play a amazing game not to download another thing in my laptop and hearing comments how bad it is no thanks b:bye
    b:cryMiss My ChildHoodb:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    No Better Movie
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have seen and read all of what arc does. i'm on here daily. I had it on this laptop once. i took it off i didn't need it on.

If i really need it so be it. i'll get it.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Most people gave their feedback in the DQ feedback/suggestion thread and asked for this not to be put in ARC but deep inside I had a feeling from the start that this was their intention all along.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
This discussion has been closed.