[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Currently, we are working on getting everyone's lost ZEN transferred back to their in-game account. Those that charged ZEN into Archosaur during 11/9 @ 10:02AM PST - 11/13 @ 6:30AM will also receive their ZEN promotion rewards as well.

We are still looking into how to recover more from this rollback.
    Updates will be coming.

And what about those that brought packs and got items from them? they going to lose out?

Typical, you sort out the people that used real money, but always you forget the people that used in game coins. Even though they used gold to sell for coins & now lost out. This game is becoming worse more & more every day
  • EvilYeti - Archosaur
    EvilYeti - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI,

If you enjoy those fat stacks of money your sittin on atm, take this time to enjoy it. Due to your most recent **** up people will have even less faith in investing in a company that offers little in compensation. You may not care about your players anymore, but I know you care about the money your players give you. For your players and your wallet, find a way to fix this.

Yes, it apparently only happened to one server. But every member on every other server knows that if it can happen to one server it can happen to any of their servers as well. Meaning less interest in buying zhen, especially considering we all know it can just go away know at any time. b:sad
    the loudest person in the room usually has the least to say... b:chuckle f:hehe
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And what about those that brought packs and got items from them? they going to lose out?

Typical, you sort out the people that used real money, but always you forget the people that used in game coins. Even though they used gold to sell for coins & now lost out. This game is becoming worse more & more every day

Remember that it was originally stated that they'd compensate the purchases (I'm assuming that's where this lies) and that he's bugging his bosses for ways to help everyone else.

Considering this post itself even says that he's looking into the ability to recover more and that there will be more updates, I'd say give him the benefit of the doubt here. He's been good to his word so far whenever he's posted and at least now we have an update with more word on what they're trying to do because of this.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • jairoluis
    jairoluis Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ive been in games where they did a rollback constantly, and some where a rollback is nonexistent. Ive also been in games where when a rollback was needed, they shut the game down due to the issues. So instead of complaining, be happy that they are fixing the issue. They also said, by fixing this issue, people will be able to access there toon's. So if u don't want a rollback,,,don;t complain when u lose access to ur toon's. Missing some gold or exp? so? its just reverting back is all, nothing is lost on a permanent bases. they ALSO said they are working on recovering the stuff. So be happy they are doing something they don't actually have to do. Nothing in ToS gives us the right to demand replacement of things if and when the hardware fails. So be happy its getting fixed and NOT being shut down like some mmos i have been apart of.
    Thank you pwi team for getting to this as fast as u did :)

A) nw tokens "permanently" lost
    B) paying for a service with "real money"
    c) problem with archosaur server...no dreamweaver server...go play and leave them alone
    D) rather shut down the server for 1 day than loose coins/exp/valuable items
    E) people will try to take advantage from this situation
    think before posting anything else
  • ArrowArtemis - Archosaur
    ArrowArtemis - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ive been in games where they did a rollback constantly, and some where a rollback is nonexistent. Ive also been in games where when a rollback was needed, they shut the game down due to the issues. So instead of complaining, be happy that they are fixing the issue. They also said, by fixing this issue, people will be able to access there toon's. So if u don't want a rollback,,,don;t complain when u lose access to ur toon's. Missing some gold or exp? so? its just reverting back is all, nothing is lost on a permanent bases. they ALSO said they are working on recovering the stuff. So be happy they are doing something they don't actually have to do. Nothing in ToS gives us the right to demand replacement of things if and when the hardware fails. So be happy its getting fixed and NOT being shut down like some mmos i have been apart of.
    Thank you pwi team for getting to this as fast as u did :)

all i have to say is shut up! people have a right to be pissed and you acting like they should be grateful is a load of ****. those are about the nicest things i can think to say to you right now..how about some consideration for the people who have been seriously ***** over and the only thing they can do is express their frustration and anger..you trying to minimize that and actually trying to side with pwi is not doing anyone any favors. #inconsiderate
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Remember that it was originally stated that they'd compensate the purchases (I'm assuming that's where this lies) and that he's bugging his bosses for ways to help everyone else.

Considering this post itself even says that he's looking into the ability to recover more and that there will be more updates, I'd say give him the benefit of the doubt here. He's been good to his word so far whenever he's posted and at least now we have an update with more word on what they're trying to do because of this.

when ever something goes wrong, people do 2 things, one book a ticket, and then come to forum for the rage and troll,

it seems that there is no co ordination between what DoD is trying to do, and what the customer service people are saying.

I dont blame DoD for what has happened, but the position he holds, he IS going to take all the heat, cause neither his boss nor the dev's or the tech's will ever come upfront and speak up XD
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    interesting response... play a while longer and see how you will feel.. and your wrong.. the ToS doesn't give them open license to take money for services not rendered... many states do not allow companies to just hide behind a bunch of legal talk when something goes wrong.

Actaully, november 2nd was my 5 year mark for pwi. but anyways.
    They didnt TAKE anything, they are fixing a problem. when ur car breaks down after 5 years, no warranty, or anything. Do u go after the person u bought it from? I wouldnt. Also did or did not the GM post about replacing what was lost? I believe he did. Infact, he said they are currently working on replacing ZEN now. AND the charge rewards will also reflect what you've spent. I fail to see how they took something when their hands are open to replacing what was lost. When someone takes something, they dont plan on simply giving it back, hence the word "Take"
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Actaully, november 2nd was my 5 year mark for pwi. but anyways.
    They didnt TAKE anything, they are fixing a problem. when ur car breaks down after 5 years, no warranty, or anything. Do u go after the person u bought it from? I wouldnt. Also did or did not the GM post about replacing what was lost? I believe he did. Infact, he said they are currently working on replacing ZEN now. AND the charge rewards will also reflect what you've spent. I fail to see how they took something when their hands are open to replacing what was lost. When someone takes something, they dont plan on simply giving it back, hence the word "Take"

THATS BECAUSE SOME SMART *** SITTING BEHIND CUSTOMER SERVICE HELP DESK SENT US THIS

" Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation."

read english or should i translate ?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    when ever something goes wrong, people do 2 things, one book a ticket, and then come to forum for the rage and troll,

it seems that there is no co ordination between what DoD is trying to do, and what the customer service people are saying.

I dont blame DoD for what has happened, but the position he holds, he IS going to take all the heat, cause neither his boss nor the dev's or the tech's will ever come upfront and speak up XD

And that part in bold is why I never bother with tickets right when something goes wrong. b:laugh

Yeah. It's a shame DoD is gonna be stuck taking heat for something he's not to blame for even though he's trying his hardest to get us as much restored as possible. Just gives me more respect for the guy for toughing it out through it all instead of choosing to be hands-off about us.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI,

If you enjoy those fat stacks of money your sittin on atm, take this time to enjoy it. Due to your most recent **** up people will have even less faith in investing in a company that offers little in compensation. You may not care about your players anymore, but I know you care about the money your players give you. For your players and your wallet, find a way to fix this.

Yes, it apparently only happened to one server. But every member on every other server knows that if it can happen to one server it can happen to any of their servers as well. Meaning less interest in buying zhen, especially considering we all know it can just go away know at any time. b:sad

you are so right! I havent done anything but stand in-game. I seriously dont see the point in doing anything. the amount of time put in over the last 4 days can not be replaced by 2x or getting my gold back. The amount of farming that I did over four days to gain 15% exp on my 102 toon is gone..my warsong badges..can i have those back? I dont even know where to start in game to begin to get me back to where i was before maintenance. I cant just resume playing after losing so much. my trust is shattered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • speedracer1488
    speedracer1488 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i lost a lil bit of stuff wasnt to bad for me i was helping my girl work on her sin she had got it to 93 tt 90 gold wrists and lost coin as well if u r not a cash shopper like most are thats alot of time and effort to get all that i hope the non cash shoppers that spend time playing to get what they need all can get there stuff back as well we had been working hard on her sin being loyal to the game plz pwi fix this for the non cash shoppers thank u
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Currently, we are working on getting everyone's lost ZEN transferred back to their in-game account. Those that charged ZEN into Archosaur during 11/9 @ 10:02AM PST - 11/13 @ 6:30AM will also receive their ZEN promotion rewards as well.

We are still looking into how to recover more from this rollback.
    Updates will be coming.

I guess people Choose to not see this post so they can rage on like they wont get there zen back b:chuckle
  • jairoluis
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I guess people Choose to not see this post so they can rage on like they wont get there zen back b:chuckle

fanboy b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited November 2013
    Options

i am glad i will get my money (coin and zhen) back...however..it is the TIME and ENERGY that has been erased that is what truly has ppl raging..the hours spent farming that CANNOT be replaced..the gear made and progress achieved that CANNOT be replaced..U CHOOSE NOT TO SEE THIS SIDE OF WHY PEOPLE ARE SO UPSET?? Try using some thought process before u speak b:angry
  • baroness2
    baroness2 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    A class action lawsuit? What have you lost besides time, which you sacrificed on your own will and in-game pixels/pixel-luck? Get educated in how video games work. PWE owns your account. Unless you pay for a service, fail to receive said service, and then can show the actual damage in the court of law, you will loose.

Actually there have been several successful lawsuits because of downed servers, delayed or failed expected launch dates etc. Time itself is a commodity which can be calculated in regards to monetary compensation. There is also the whole issue of implied warranties that the developers would safeguard against something like this from happening. I for one have a reasonable expectation that what I have bought, earned etc. is safe from just disappearing.

Blizzard, the makers of -snip- was sued for failure to provide adequate security for their accounts just last year

It could also be seen as consumer fraud, since as many have pointed out, real money was spend on virtual items. Now these people have neither the cash nor the items purchased. Irregardless of any terms of use, the courts might find that a violation of consumer law.
  • jairoluis
    edited November 2013
    Options
    baroness2 wrote: »
    Actually there have been several successful lawsuits because of downed servers, delayed or failed expected launch dates etc. Time itself is a commodity which can be calculated in regards to monetary compensation. There is also the whole issue of implied warranties that the developers would safeguard against something like this from happening. I for one have a reasonable expectation that what I have bought, earned etc. is safe from just disappearing.

Blizzard, the makers of -snip- was sued for failure to provide adequate security for their accounts just last year

It could also be seen as consumer fraud, since as many have pointed out, real money was spend on virtual items. Now these people have neither the cash nor the items purchased. Irregardless of any terms of use, the courts might find that a violation of consumer law.

see??? there you go... someone at least is well informed
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    even if get zen back items not on sale nowb:shutup
  • jairoluis
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Everyone unlike the PWI Facebook, if you are that mad then why do you like them?

you have no option...you are forced to like it in order to get jone's blessing thats all b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle
  • juicybluca
    juicybluca Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    did this really happen on a retail server? b:shocked
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Giving back zen doesn't give me back the 7% exp I lost at level 103. Not even close and since everything is no longer on sale I guess I'm back to a channeling cleric since I have no ability to deal with R9 now.
  • AnubisFlame - Archosaur
    AnubisFlame - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ok, do you people not know what a rollback is or something?

It means everything on the server and toons will be the exact same as it was on the stated date. Everything that happened after it is gone. if you bought anything after the states time, you won't have it.

If you got an awesome pack item like a scroll of tome a day after the stated date, it's gone.

Yes it means that all TW's from that weekend are moot and never happened.

Wrong the TW map is just like it was during maint im in Defiance on archo server and we still have the area we took over on the 9th
  • Shadowswifey - Archosaur
    Shadowswifey - Archosaur Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Maybe it's not PWI's fault. Maybe they are really stupid!

is there a way to get a refund for 5 years of playing? im not a cash player real life money has gone in when weve had extra or as a anniversary gift from hubby christmas maybe tax season refud but for last 2 years weve been cash poor as kens cancer has left him disabled and me his caregiver during this lovely reset ive lost more then i care to refarm weeks of farming to have a g 13 wizzy weapon be missing and the coin and mats not returned has me willing to quit no i dont want to ticket and wait and get 9 months of resoultion tickets back weve done that with a tapjoy issue[never resolved ended up with a 3 year direct tv account and never our gold in game for it] so how do i just dump my accts back on pwi and let them give me gold on even a differnt game? there are many toons who make get great gear items hand over fist i am not 1 of them it takes me months to get something wich others can and do farm in a day. i dont want to work months because you pwi employees ****ed up nor do i want to ticket every damn item from every toon thats missing or in case of timers on some stuff that was not reset at this point i just want to be compensated and leave pwi
  • leiron026
    leiron026 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yo everyone lol, i just want to share what i lost on this Rollback

- 4 days Merit for doing Base QUest,
    - attendance for 9/10/11/12
    - 4 days of BH? i guess
    - 276 Iron Guard LOL
    - Warsoul WEapon 2nd Tier returned to 1st Tier lol
    - Blessing LOL
    - Meridian

i say theres nothing i can do about it, all we can do is wait and see how is this SO CALLED GM will action on this issue.

on those thing that i lost what i cared most is Base Quest, BH, Attendance and Meridian.

PWI, i will keep playing this untill the end of this Game, i will see the END of this Game. no matter how long it takes. i spend about 50k AUD already on this game so theres no way for me to QUIT lol, im not mad of lossing those things that i mentioned above, but im scared of lossing alot of players due to this issue. because i care about those player.

Hope you GMs can give them a good compensation. and try to take care this Game because you guys have alots of costumer (players), stop slacking off, dont think that Machine doesnt get tired, because they also do some works.

its not too late yet, players might blame you all for having such an error but its your job to fix it, to take care of it.
  • AnubisFlame - Archosaur
    AnubisFlame - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I lost the purgatory lion lord mount that a friend had gotten me lost 3 lvls in apoth skill lost 35mil+ in xp and lost over 60k rep 2x doesnt compensate for it so how do u guys plan on fixing this
  • farone1
    farone1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    look all im saying is that regardless of laws or rules for conduct cash shoppers are the only ones being helped at this point no see i have noticed nothing said about compensating the free players that didnt spend money to get stuff like the guy that farmed for 4 days to get mats to make charger orbs to sell cash shoppers no thing has been said about how he will be helped other than some weak azz buff to the drop rate lame again
    not cool i just want my gear and money back i worked for it why is that to much to ask just because i did not buy zen to get my things dose not make me any less of a person oh my grammar without free to play who would there be game would be pointless
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Love You Sk b:dirty You rock
  • missbytch2u
    missbytch2u Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    forced cash sales. If the server were as unstable as you say, there would have been login issues, ejected from game due to lag, missing npc/instances, just to name a few... Some ppl may think that bowl of steaming dog food smells like McDonalds French fries, but those of us who happen to be a little smarter, clearly recognize a big bowl of BS when we see it. When can we expect to see reimbursement? Last I checked when ppl spend REAL MONEY at a merchant (PWI= MERCHANT), and the merchant keeps the money and doesn't give you what you purchased, that's stealing.
  • baroness2
    baroness2 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    farone1 wrote: »
    look all im saying is that regardless of laws or rules for conduct cash shoppers are the only ones being helped at this point no see i have noticed nothing said about compensating the free players that didnt spend money to get stuff like the guy that farmed for 4 days to get mats to make charger orbs to sell cash shoppers no thing has been said about how he will be helped other than some weak azz buff to the drop rate lame again
    not cool i just want my gear and money back i worked for it why is that to much to ask just because i did not buy zen to get my things dose not make me any less of a person oh my grammar without free to play who would there be game would be pointless

Chances are the developers spoke to their attorney(s) and were told that the cash players had a much stronger case for a lawsuit. These people were the immediate danger. The non-cash shoppers would have a harder case to prove (though not impossible as I pointed out in a previous post). That case would take more time to prepare, which buys the developers time to address those issues.
  • SeaAnna - Archosaur
    SeaAnna - Archosaur Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    farone1 wrote: »

I do both spend money and farm and it takes me a long time to do this! I had not gold at reset but I had farmed and had lots of mats and a friend made me a genie it is now gone, Members that also get gear without gold lost tm robe and new weapon another member made. Levels reset on my alt and I worked had on her! No can not be fixed that easy and just giving to paying catshop will not help some of us!
  • farone1
    farone1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i know why they do what they do im simply saying that what they are doing is lackluster
    it could be done far simpler a mass account credit to all archo players ranging in the 100 to 400gold area