[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• BringinDeath - Archosaur
    BringinDeath - Archosaur Posts: 393 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I suppose i'm just so angry coz i saved all the items & my coins from packs, and if i sold them all,( which was what i was intending to do ) i could have had my R9 weapon. Now it's all gone tiits up b:cry
  • Athozaken - Archosaur
    Athozaken - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay, I don't care that you need to fix this issue and had to rollback. but we deserve COMPENSATION FOR OUR LOST ITEMS I LOST A GOOD 30MIL WORTH and thats only ME my friend lost G16 gear shes been working on for a long time. 2X ISNT GOING TO COMPENSATE, THERE ARE ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT WILL ACTUALLY BENEFIT FROM 2X, WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US?
  • Borntoheal - Lost City
    Borntoheal - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well, this is the last straw. I quit this game for a year because of the terrible service provided by the developers. Just recently came back and decided to started fresh on Archosaur server.

Because it's reading break, I spent even more time online in the last few days than I normally would and made a ton of progress in quests, etc. Now I find that the majority of my reading break has been wasted and I get to go back to school in a couple days. 2x EXP, spirit, and drops isn't NEARLY enough to compensate.

I'm quitting for good this time. **** you PWE...
  • Wolfblizzard - Archosaur
    Wolfblizzard - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ok then... i lost my new sin...
    and maybe stuff on my barb...
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Okay, I don't care that you need to fix this issue and had to rollback. but we deserve COMPENSATION FOR OUR LOST ITEMS I LOST A GOOD 30MIL WORTH and thats only ME my friend lost G16 gear shes been working on for a long time. 2X ISNT GOING TO COMPENSATE, THERE ARE ONLY A SMALL AMOUNT OF PEOPLE THAT WILL ACTUALLY BENEFIT FROM 2X, WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US?

x 2 is for the Bot runners, 95%+ of us aint bots
  • SinfulLia - Archosaur
    SinfulLia - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    One more thing, my rolls on r8r is it possible I will get them back?

2.56x10^-8%....and 1.72%

that's not going to come back anytime soon.... either of those rolls >.>
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    tinkagirl wrote: »
    Ok sorry to state the obvious here, but u are all QQ ing about losing this and losing that - yes it sucks monkey balls, yes its bad, yes something went seriously wrong, but can they do anything about a critical error??? YES! - they rolled back the servers to when they were safe, the only thing they could physically do, which yes means items/exp/culti/whatever was lost BUT would u rather lose 3 or 4 days of this stuff, or potentially lose EVERY toon on EVERY account you have? Read between the lines of the very first post, by a gm, they did this so that toons were accessible. Do you really think GM's would WANT to do a roll back and face all this rage??? If they didnt you could have potentially lost everything, yes this sucks, and people will still rage quit and QQ about it for lord knows how long, but in comparison to losing everything, it really is a very small price to pay...

you would agree, that if the issue was so big that it had to be rolled back, then our gameplay would have been effected right ? but the gameplay was effected as hard that it needed a roll back.

The reason given by them saying we would lose access to our toons, well the person from Heavens tear in my previous quoted post explained it. So yeah, IF there was an issue, it was created by the negligence and stupidity of the technical team, so why do we have to pay for it. ?
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    On a side note of compensation.

Guys remember what DoD said, the only immediate compensation was 2x. Since that can be done easily without a large amount of research or **** something up.

He also said that he's going to talk with the higher ups about getting us something more. So let's see what he can get us as well before we start talking as if the 2x is all we get.
    (Insert fancy image here)
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Meh. I can see that being problematic due to how easily people could request things they don't have and how PWI wouldn't be able to say anything for sure about it... but overall that's a question you'd have to ask the people who are in an actual position to do that. I'm just a forum mod, I don't have any power or sway when it comes to that.

But what about the people that HAVE lost items? They lose out because it will be 'too problematic'?

Nah, to me that would be just a lame excuse. I sent a ticket in, and i have even offered a fair agreement, but waiting for the usual **** excuse now

People are slowly losing faith in PWI & i, plus many many others, are understanding why more & more
  • cgatsby
    cgatsby Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Giving us x2 for now? really kinda an insult i said.

Engineer: Oh no, we make a mistake
    Boss: Just give them x2, they will shut up. b:shutup

Basic Badge, it wont come by x2 to cover up our loss.
    Merchant profit, it wont come by x2 to cover up our loss.
    Herb farmed, it wont come by x2 to cover up our loss.
    Rare item from pack, it wont come by x2 to cover up our loss.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Meh. I can see that being problematic due to how easily people could request things they don't have and how PWI wouldn't be able to say anything for sure about it... but overall that's a question you'd have to ask the people who are in an actual position to do that. I'm just a forum mod, I don't have any power or sway when it comes to that.

And I'm a merchant too. You think I don't have the same problems? I could place blame on myself for not handling my spreadsheets better this time around, but I really don't need to do so normally and only have to adjust every once in a while most of the time.

As for the tech side, you don't seem to really understand how that works. We players don't get to see everything going on. We can see the final product but we don't get the underlying code, system, and mechanics. If they found something deep enough that would **** us over in the long run and tried to fix it every other way they could think of, but in the end weren't able to... it's just as possible for us to not see any effect as it is for it to have been some typo that causes a wiz in DB to have an AoE range large enough to hit everyone on the map. We're not the technicians so we don't know. And while I'd love to know exactly what was going on... not only are they under no obligation to tell us, but in many cases their bosses actively prohibit them telling us every detail. So yes, knowing what I do about how tech and development work as well as how they try their best to avoid rollbacks, I'm going to accept their word that whatever the problem was required one. I'm not happy it did, but better to have it happen and be dealt with quickly than us wait a couple of months and find out all the server data was corrupted because they didn't want to perform a rollback and now everyone there has to start from scratch.

your words speak sense, but doesnt fill in for the loss, you know i get 2 hrs a day to actually play the game, rest of the time my shops are up, i had a leave for personal reasons for the past 1 week, and now i will have to get back to work again from next monday, what will i do ? how are they going to compensate for that ?

and i dont believe in that long term thing, why reason is

the back was made on 9th right ? Thats why we rolled back to that date, and in my knowledge there was no changes done after 9th, cause if it were, then we would have had a maintenance for it. SO it is safe to say that w.e happened, it did happen during maintenance.... the roll back to 9 was done cause of the back up was there....
    edited November 2013
    Options

Guys remember what DoD said, the only immediate compensation was 2x. Since that can be done easily without a large amount of research or **** something up.

He also said that he's going to talk with the higher ups about getting us something more. So let's see what he can get us as well before we start talking as if the 2x is all we get.

Why should it be 'something more' though? How about just replacing what people had lost in the first place?

Yup, i'm angry, and i think i have a VERY GOOD reason to be
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Options

Yah u gonna give us what? x4 x8 x16??
    Still:

Basic Badge, it wont come by x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to cover up our loss.
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cgatsby wrote: »
    Yah u gonna give us what? x4 x8 x16??
    Still:

Basic Badge, it wont come by x10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to cover up our loss.

i aint giving you nothing coz i don't work for PWI -,-

They CAN replace the items i lost though from packs
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i aint giving you nothing coz i don't work for PWI -,-

They CAN replace the items i lost though from packs

sorry was meant to quote what u quoted.
  • Styfiler - Archosaur
    Styfiler - Archosaur Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    WE'RE ALL ANGRY b:surrender
  • lostinco
    lostinco Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    i decided not to buy an amazing pair of boots and keep the money to buy zen for black friday sale... i lost irl money in your roll back and have since lost faith in your company i won't be spending that money on zen and i will now be the owner of those amazing boots cause when you purchase an item from nordstrom you get to leave and keep that item without fear of finding them removed from your closet.
  • Parsly - Archosaur
    Parsly - Archosaur Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Didnt knew so many ppl got their r9 in past 4 days. Grats b:chuckle
  • EvilYeti - Archosaur
    EvilYeti - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would like to thank the pwi community, and all its members for rushing to show their sadness about what has happened to the arch server. Its not often that the servers as a whole agree on anything. Its just nice to be supported by members from other servers as well. It just sucks it had to come to this to see the community so united. b:victory b:sad

And would like to thank OPKossy for atleast trying to communicate with the player base unlike many other mods and GM's who have chosen to quietly sit back and see what happens. I feel the arch server is losing some hope due to the current situation, and i appreciate that mods like urself are atleast trying to adress what's going on rather than issuing a blanket "im sorry but i can't help you" apolegy.

Stay strong arch server b:sad

and pwi technicians...please get your head on straight, and fix this mess you created.
    the loudest person in the room usually has the least to say... b:chuckle f:hehe
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Options

Its last week of chip sale, what u expect? ofc ppl will try hardest to get their target before its gone.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OP how would you feel when you get the common automated response ?

Hello XXXXX

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.
    edited November 2013
    Options

I was saving for mine, was SOOOOOOOO close too b:cry
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I would like to thank the pwi community, and all its members for rushing to show their sadness about what has happened to the arch server. Its not often that the servers as a whole agree on anything. Its just nice to be supported by members from other servers as well. It just sucks it had to come to this to see the community so united. b:victory b:sad

And would like to thank OPKossy for atleast trying to communicate with the player base unlike many other mods and GM's who have chosen to quietly sit back and see what happens. I feel the arch server is losing some hope due to the current situation, and i appreciate that mods like urself are atleast trying to adress what's going on rather than issuing a blanket "im sorry but i can't help you" apolegy.

Stay strong arch server b:sad

and pwi technicians...please get your head on straight, and fix this mess you created.

Their heads are high, its empty and gas filled, so they are floating above.... ask them to get back to earth.....

or wait, head ?? errrr... confusion..
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello XXXXX

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.

used to it tbh, so asked to speak to the manager this time
  • exacerbation7
    exacerbation7 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are you #$%^&*( kidding me b:angry You could run 2x for a year straight and the only thing it would accomplish is to continue to ** up the economy. The runs, items, gear, exp, NW...so much lost. Until I see items replaced from this time lost I won't give a sht how long 2x is on b:angry Never cease to amaze PWI, keep up the great work
  • cgatsby
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello XXXXX

OP: Okay i understand. I accept your appology, I will farm again and redo all my loss.
    I really understand because im calm and i understand a lil too about the tech. So feel free to do nothing other than x2. Ouh feel free to rollback again after i farmed again this time. thanks b:laugh

fixxx ittt..
  • jana#5397
    jana#5397 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OK PWI give 2x but 2x not exist for cube and who will give me back my 15 cog's? b:cry
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

Hello XXXXX

I wouldn't get that message because I'd rather keep up on the forums and the posts made here while waiting for word from a GM instead of adding yet another ticket with low information demanding something I've already realized I likely won't get back.

Especially since I know that the automated messages tend to suck and that, depending on who you get, the person dealing with a ticket for something like this may know less than the person sending the ticket in. b:chuckle
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • lavhin
    lavhin Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    przfighter wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

Update:

Let alone the items we all missing+xp+coin + + + lost of stuff actually people bought things in game and ended not having the item after the roll back but not the money either..you guys should really figure out stg either on check the state each toon was before the roll back or tickets that explain detailed what lost(i realiss people will lie but that a risk you must take)..i personally already send a ticket(barely cause event he ticket page not exactly workin) and will be waiting on my compansation ..would really hate to quit once again..b:cryb:surrenderb:angry TY...
  • Rixoth - Archosaur
    Rixoth - Archosaur Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Too bad I'm one of these people. Only thing I got left from all my rrr9 is my ring and my belt. Chest, legs, sleeves -gone. Just my ****ing luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]