[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ZEN Update:

All ZEN transfers into Archosaur that took place during the rollback time (11/9 - 11/13) should now have been properly restored. The gold should be listed in your account when you log in (push the O key).

If you log on and do not see the proper in-game gold in your account, please put in a support ticket so we can properly address your issue.

There has been some headway concerning options for further recovery, as well as compensation, and I will be providing an update on that tomorrow morning.

Tomorrow Morning? Seriously?!? You took the money in a much more timely manner.b:angry
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Tomorrow Morning? Seriously?!? You took the money in a much more timely manner.b:angry

That's... because... it's automated...?

You can't expect people to work 24/7. Calm down and wait.
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • awesomellama1
    awesomellama1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I really wish more people on that server would read this.
  • Cantabrum - Archosaur
    Cantabrum - Archosaur Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    well atleast seem they worring and trying fix this issuse... i wish i couldsaid i lost alot but was a mere sunday nw tokens it happend i guess lets see what happend b:cute
  • killeshan
    killeshan Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What about DQ points redeemed this should be an easy fix because the data is still available on the dq page I would like the random pigments and demon/sage cards I got yesterday back
  • gatitakarin
    gatitakarin Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    przfighter wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

You people supposed to have experience ruining the game, you should have done a backup of the current stuff, fix the "Critical Error" on that back up, put the new stuff and put the sht back on (Like a normal process).
    So please just dont say 1 week of stupid 2x and stuff that wont work for us the players, besides "Custumers are always right" Dont for get that, better get a nice "solution" or players might eventualy decrese their "donations".
  • cindy91111
    cindy91111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.

Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service
    officer decision already made

I think the only 2 options that we can choose after this incident :
    1. Accepting all this ****** rollback and continue playing (
    we can only see what we got lost once, and we played with overshadowed Loosing another item/coin/gold next times)

2. Stop Playing and This will be the end of the PWI Archo Server

Or Maybe GM/Officer has another option we should do now after this rollback??????

ArchoServer - RapeYourBuff -102 Veno (active)
  • Sevchenko - Dreamweaver
    Sevchenko - Dreamweaver Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Imagine that you work for a game company and someone makes a bigass mistake, giving you and your team a huge work to be done manually...

I'd kill that guy.
    [S.E.V.C.H.E.N.K.O]
    Synthetic Electronic Variant Calibrated for Hazardous Exploration, Nullification and Kamikaze Observation[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    farone1 wrote: »
    You worked 4 days to get a sword? thats a "very hard" thing? you gotta be kidding...

no i wasnot it was hard to get mats and as far as im concerned if your not upset about losses why are you posting about it

What kinda sword is that for what you needed 4 days to farm?? just wondering
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    cindy91111 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service

I think the only 2 options that we can choose after this incident 1. Accepting all this ****** rollback and continue playing (
    we can only see what we got lost once, and we played with overshadowed Loosing another item/coin/gold next times)

Or Maybe you guys has another option we should do now after this rollback??????
    Your font size causes overlap so it's a bit harder for people to read your post and some may skip it.

That being said,
    OPKossy wrote: »
    I wouldn't suggest bothering with a ticket right now. The responses pretty much always suck during and immediately after any sort of major issue. Wait to see how it goes with DoD and hopefully once he gets us more information the support responses will be... not completely useless. >.>

So yeah. Give it til we get the news tomorrow and basically ignore the automated message you're getting from the ticket right now. Depending on what information we get, then yeah, choose whether or not to go for it.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • cindy91111
    cindy91111 Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.
    cindy91111 wrote: »

I think the only 2 options that we can choose after this incident :
    1. Accepting all this ****** rollback and continue playing (

Or Maybe GM/Officer has another option we should do now after this rollback??????

ArchoServer - RapeYourBuff -102 Veno (active)

RePostb:shutupb:shutupb:shutup
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This is an online game, online games working from servers, servers contains hardware, and noone i mean noone can garantee that hardware will not fail, i know im working with them, so shiet happens in RL and that affects online games, everyone should be thankful that we talking about ONLY 4 days and not like 1 month or so...and yes im upset too, but will not leave the game cause 4 day loss, and yes i have a lot of money and stuff lost with 4 day rollback, but il work it back, like..in 4 days? ooh and il get some compensation what will be free, who know what, some promotion items, +10 orb sale b:laugh no matter what but it will be free, and without this rollback there wouldnt be anything, so we should thank the Admin for his work and Kossy for talking all day with raging ppl on this post :) tou i dont know who is Kossy but he would be a good President b:victory oh and yes i still want back my Cuddles !! b:laughb:laugh
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farone1
    farone1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    duhhb:sad
  • draquonmage
    draquonmage Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I dunno about others, but I have 15 toons on 2 accts that I log in daily, and my wife has 7 that SHE logs in daily... mostly lower levels (below 60), granted... but we've both lost mass levels, coin & gear... what I mind the most is the lost days of sign-in though: will we be getting 3 free "Absent Note"s for each toon, for the three days that we logged in & lost due to the rollback? 'cause otherwise the month is frakked & a HUGE waste of time
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    be thankful for getting screwed out of m time yeah right b:shutup
    what your saying is its life well no ****
    but when bad **** happens to me thats not my fault i complain to the people that are responsible
    after all if it happened to them they would be mad
    so dont pls dont give me the higher road lecture
    i wrote it and frankly it was a sorry piece of work
    no if you want to do something of that sort without being a over spoken member of this community just say sorry for your loss dont talk **** about what im going through and try to make light of it cuzz while it may seem that way to you it might truly be heavy to me
    after all i did not poke fun at you so pls wax off if you dont like what you see stop looking b:angryb:sadb:cry
  • Mak_Lampier - Archosaur
    Mak_Lampier - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ****ing this ****b:angry
  • namngo19929288
    namngo19929288 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    So with the rollback up to 4 days is way to damn much. If something is wrong with system and took awhile to log in. I think it's best to fix the problem which I know will take sometime. I would rather rather wait 1-2 days to log in and play instead of losing what I worked for 4 days being all gone. I do see the post about roll back just for 11-13-2013. Please make it happen soon rather than having player continue to play the game now and decide to rollback in a few days. Currently I stopped playing so that making sure all my time and effort don't get wasted again. So talk to your manager and do a rollback from 11-13-2013 only fast as you can. Just to let you know the game don't make the players. But the players make the game. I know you don't want to lose tons of players over this rollback. Rollback up to 4 days should be for hackers that generate money that cost the economy to crash.
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Meh, I'm a bit irritated about how everything went down but at least I was fortunate enough to only really lose time and XP.

I farmed FW like a boss over the weekend and made about 40 badges and lost all of them as well as my rewards from the Tigers event on Mondays and a few BH rewards, as well as a couple things I merched totaling about 50m which I can easily get back from this 2x compensation (Ty!), and about 4% XP at level 102, and a summerwind token that I had made after Sunday night NW.

I'm irritated but I know I didn't get hit as hard as some of the other members on my server. I don't really charge on this game so I can't imagine the mess it is for the people that do.

GMs are people too. They're human, they have lives. And no offense to the people on here, providing for your in-game life and your happiness is not always their first priority. If they need sleep then they need to do what's best for them and take care of themselves. Whatever problems people may have can wait until the morning. Would you rather have a half asleep GM working on these complicated problems or a GM that's fully rested to try tackle these issues with a level head. GMs are not Gods, they don't hold the power to everything and it's silly for anyone to expect them to.

Also, the attacking of the mod (OP) is a bit childish, he's just doing his job as well and raging at him isn't gonna make your stuff come back.

I lost items too. I lost time. But it is what it is and I'll patiently wait for whatever they decide to do next and just try to catch up from the progress that was lost during the Rollback.

I understand people are upset. I don't blame people for being upset. I just think some people may be a bit irrational and impulsive because of how emotional they are. Everyone just needs to take a step back, take a breather and just wait. BE PATIENT. Raging isn't gonna make the wheels turn any faster.
  • CLU_ - Archosaur
    CLU_ - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Are you ****ing Serious!!
    if you were having troubles with the server or any updates or anything WHY in the hell would you put the server back up knowing that everyone lost at least 4 days of anything they've done, and not only that when you put the server back up, where do you notify players about the issue, on the front page of the Perfect World International web site where everyone would see it right; No, you stick it and hide it in a Forum. Something like this you don't stick in a forum; put the information on the first page of the web site to let everyone know "Houston we have a Problem!" and that it is a serious issue, instead of taking the time to fix it, in someones Boneheaded wisdom you put it back up and what are the results; you **** off a ton of players, allot of them left the game which I don't blame them at all, then you make an excuse that your going to have 2x XP and drops and whatever else to make up for the problem. That is nothing more than a tiny *** bandage on a ****ing gaping wound.
  • kazo069
    kazo069 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Oh please you morons are giving us 2x exp, spirit, and drops for a major **** up on your part? Classic PWI, **** the people who pay to keep the game running with a worthless 2x period. What a joke.
  • Kwailah - Archosaur
    Kwailah - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well I was all b:sad, b:shocked and b:angry at the whole "loss" but after reading all this b:angry I've realized it's not that big a deal. In fact, I'm feeling a little sorry for the workers that gotta fix this **** and even more sorry for the customer service people that gotta deal with our b:angry
  • whippedcreamee
    whippedcreamee Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    how about aclass action law siut, class suit? how many days we spent playing and lost? 4? including weekend? wans it the long weekend there in usa? that means 3 days off from schools and jobs? how many 'unhappy' ppl from usa only? how much would it be?

i mena common ppl! it is possible! ppl were suing companies for more rediculous things and they won.... so....

how about class action law siut? im quite sure there is some pi.ss.e.d lawer among those who are so verry pleased by losing their time they spend past 4 days here or know someone :)
  • Aritorsha - Archosaur
    Aritorsha - Archosaur Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well I was all b:sad, b:shocked and b:angry at the whole "loss" but after reading all this b:angry I've realized it's not that big a deal. In fact, I'm feeling a little sorry for the workers that gotta fix this **** and even more sorry for the customer service people that gotta deal with our b:angry

+1 to this.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Meh, I'm a bit irritated about how everything went down but at least I was fortunate enough to only really lose time and XP.

I farmed FW like a boss over the weekend and made about 40 badges and lost all of them as well as my rewards from the Tigers event on Mondays and a few BH rewards, as well as a couple things I merched totaling about 50m which I can easily get back from this 2x compensation (Ty!), and about 4% XP at level 102.

I'm irritated but I know I didn't get hit as hard as some of the other members on my server. I don't really charge on this game so I can't imagine the mess it is for the people that do.

GMs are people too. They're human, they have lives. And no offense to the people on here, providing for your in-game life and your happiness is not always their first priority. If they need sleep then they need to do what's best for them and take care of themselves. Whatever problems people may have can wait until the morning. Would you rather have a half asleep GM working on these complicated problems or a GM that's fully rested to try tackle these issues with a level head. GMs are not Gods, they don't hold the power to everything and it's silly for anyone to expect them to.

Also, the attacking of the mod (OP) is a bit childish, he's just doing his job as well and raging at him isn't gonna make your stuff come back.

I lost items too. I lost time. But it is what it is and I'll patiently wait for whatever they decide to do next and just try to catch up from the progress that was lost during the Rollback.

I understand people are upset. I don't blame people for being upset. I just think some people may be a bit irrational and impulsive because of how emotional they are. Everyone just needs to take a step back, take a breather and just wait. BE PATIENT. Raging isn't gonna make the wheels turn any faster.

qftw

Wow, someone here is an adult.
  • Kwailah - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Feel free to pass out some free ABs notes, demon sage cards, maybe some free hyperXP stones and NW supply tokens. Basically embrace the word "free" as much as possible b:chuckle b:victory b:cute
  • Fissile - Archosaur
    Fissile - Archosaur Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    2x only helps farmers. All the CS players get their gold back. The ones that got hurt the most (merchants) haven't gotten anything. 4 days of merchanting, especially during an R9 sale, means hundreds of millions of coins for some people. Not to mention the hours I spent crafting GSTs b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kwailah - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Not sure how to repost that comment on the class action lawsuit, but OMG

HAVE

YOU

LOST

YOUR

MIND

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options

I farmed FW like a boss over the weekend and made about 40 badges and lost all of them as well as my rewards from the Tigers event on Mondays and a few BH rewards, as well as a couple things I merched totaling about 50m which I can easily get back from this 2x compensation (Ty!), and about 4% XP at level 102, and a summerwind token that I had made after Sunday night NW.

If only I could upvote these posts
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    so give it up i wont be happy till i get it and i do think they should have told us all in a better way than oh well log on and find all your **** gone like dude said its kinda front page news
  • CLU_ - Archosaur
    CLU_ - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I agree its not customer service that should get the heat but the developers that should , They gave the OK to release time and time again a glitchy game that they barely fix.