[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• Jarkhen - Archosaur
    Jarkhen - Archosaur Posts: 990 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    At least put the chips back on sale, so people who bought r9 gear can buy them again with same price they already had the gear with.

^ This, and the event gold promo.

See my earlier post:
    - Boutique purchases taking advantage of sales no longer in effect

- Event gold gained through the promo, which is no longer in effect

- Loss of attendance records, which could potentially cause people to lose not just their monthy attendance but yearly as well

- Time and effort spent

- Inability of people changing factions to TW this weekend, due to missing cutoff

- Luck-based rewards - refines, etc (I lost +8->+10 on wrists and +5->+9 on boots)

- Names of both new players and new factions being taken by "ghost" characters/factions which apparently were not rolled back with the rest of the server and are no longer associated with their proper accounts or leaders

These are just a few of the many things lost by the players due to this rollback, none of which are addressed even remotely by a pitiful week of 2x. Some of these cannot be properly compensated, but others can. A week of 2x is not compensation, it is a spit in the face of your playerbase and your paying customers.

The item in orange can be compensated, but only with significant effort (which I have little faith in PWI putting forth for this) and a significant chance of people attempting to take advantage of the situation with false claims.

The items listed in red, however, can be compensated without much issue:

- Reinstate the sale on chips and HP charms, at least until next week.

- Reinstate the event gold promotion.

- Make sure these last at least until after players have had a reasonable amount of time to recover lost charged zen.

- Allow players to receive 3 Absence Notes to recover the lost attendance days.

- Delete records of characters with no associated account and factions with no members, since this should apply only (and completely) to toons and factions made after the rollback that are no longer accessible and therefore reserving names. I'm hesitant to suggest this, since I get the feeling that it'll be screwed up and lead to even more issues, but if you can manage to, do it.

And, for ****'s sake, back up your data more often. I used to be co-developer for a completely free-to-play game (no purchasable bonuses at all) with ~1.5k active daily users and two staff members total, and we handled our data better than this. In fact, literally every company I have ever worked at has backed up its data on a daily basis. You are a relatively large company, with significant resources at your disposal, operating a game that people do spend money on, that has quite a few thousand active players, and you don't even do a daily full backup?
    Current: http://mypers.pw/1.8/#133167
    105-103-102

TW/NW Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/Axel3200

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    F_M_Joshua - Archosaur Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    [QUOTE=Jarkhen - Archosaur;20122221
    And, for ****'s sake, back up your data more often. I used to be co-developer for a completely free-to-play game (no purchasable bonuses at all) with ~1.5k active daily users and two staff members total, and we handled our data better than this. In fact, literally every company I have ever worked at has backed up its data on a daily basis. You are a relatively large company, with significant resources at your disposal, operating a game that people do spend money on, that has quite a few thousand active players, and you don't even do a daily full backup?[/QUOTE]

This.... ALL OF THIS.... COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED IF YOU BACKED UP BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO IMPLIMENT ANYTHING NEW.

I know you were trying to make it so that people didn't have to do a 4-10 gig download to update their games when the expansion releases, therefore your update server wouldn't of been overloaded, your data usage costs wouldn't of been high, and you would've been in the black....

But Damn pwi, just damn.....

You've reminded me of a song after this **** up.... It's title is What have you done now?
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    Severus_S - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What you need to do is shut down the server right now, fix it to right before maintence, and your issue will be solved. I think we all can agree we can live without pwi for a few hours or a day or whatever so all our work and items are not gone. For example my friend lost 128 mil she had farmed in that time frame. I am missing as well as my items from NW and my cat shop profits, or items I bought to resell, or had resold, my RRR9 chest. 2x doesn't help people like me who work and are full time students as well. This is again my 1 day off, and the last one I will have with my husband for at least 2 months. You have already wasted about 2 hours of my time, as I have had to update my officers, recover lost memebers due to them joining in the last few days. You are losing cash shopping players, so you are losing money, so I don't say fix this for me, because I know you don't care about any of us, just fix it for your own money bottom line, and prove to those who do invest in your game that you can recover from a **** up this bad.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    What you need to do is shut down the server right now, fix it to right before maintence, and your issue will be solved. I think we all can agree we can live without pwi for a few hours or a day or whatever so all our work and items are not gone. For example my friend lost 128 mil she had farmed in that time frame. I am missing as well as my items from NW and my cat shop profits, or items I bought to resell, or had resold, my RRR9 chest. 2x doesn't help people like me who work and are full time students as well. This is again my 1 day off, and the last one I will have with my husband for at least 2 months. You have already wasted about 2 hours of my time, as I have had to update my officers, recover lost memebers due to them joining in the last few days. You are losing cash shopping players, so you are losing money, so I don't say fix this for me, because I know you don't care about any of us, just fix it for your own money bottom line, and prove to those who do invest in your game that you can recover from a **** up this bad.

I'm fairly certain, Sev, that at this point a restore to pre-maintenance server state is not technically feasible.
    105-103-102

Some people get R93 and become another cookiecutter DD, other people get R93 and get called out as serious threats. At some point, it's just not about gear anymore. - Qui
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • astaroth6113
    astaroth6113 Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just think pwi developers are about to quit so they want take all the money they can.
    Sadly but i think is just a make up.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    BDoomed - Archosaur Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    dekcuffk wrote: »
    What is wrong with you guys ? My Character is deleted just for nothing ? My coins , stuff , gear all wasted just for nothing ? I want my Character back anyhow . b:angryb:angryf:fume

and the roll back was done to save the "loosing" of toons ? ROFLMAO!!!
  • Lazyneko - Sanctuary
    Lazyneko - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:shocked From reading this thread, it seems that everyone on archosaur decided to suddenly open packs over the last 4 days, or get the rest of their r9rr gear. Of course, all of these packs gave amazing items, and all of the r9rr gear had perfect stats.

Can I buy some of this luck for sanctuary? b:surrender A server rollback of 4 days here would mean my refines back to +8 not the +3 I am stuck with atm, as well as all the money back that I spent on fashion that turned out to have horrible colours b:victory
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I'm fairly certain, Sev, that at this point a restore to pre-maintenance server state is not technically feasible.

That is true, and it is true we will most likely not get anything back, as there is probably something in TOS to cover themselves. Which leaves me, and you as faction leaders in a very bad spot, as we have dedicated ourselves to the people we over see as leaders. While I really would like to leave now, finally after 5 years of gameplay, I feel it would not be fair to those to whom I have dedicated my time and effort to. Just because the company screwed them, and me, doesn't mean I should **** them further by abandoning them.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • _Warfox - Archosaur
    _Warfox - Archosaur Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Archosaur server is raging at the moment and with good reason. There's just so many instances where people have lost this or that and expect no reimbursement for it, they are very disappointed.
    I think PWI could take a step in the right direction toward re-establishing player confidence in admitting their mistake and making an attempt at restoring some of what we lost as a result of the rollback. It's impossible to give back exactly what was lost so I am making a suggestion that it is possible to give each of us something like a demon/sage event card to replace some of the material pixels that we no longer have. (What is it but pixels for them anyways and they are always giving out stuff like this.) Also, to replace some of the items we no longer have as a result of events... give us something such as the Swift as the Wind event for a week. (For myself personally, I lost 9 mil from losing bh rewards.)
    That would go a long ways toward re-establishing player confidence that PWI does care about its members. A lot can and does happen in game in four days. PWI it was on your part that this error occurred, you need to make-up for this by showing you care more than just a flip of the switch for 2x.

f:strive
  • Healer_Star_ - Archosaur
    Healer_Star_ - Archosaur Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just wanna know how they plan to reimburse ppl that had put money into the game. Because they still get to keep my 20 bucks while i have nothing to show for it. Also my other main problem is my nw tokens... i make most of my money via what i make from nw so how do they plan to compensate for that? Unfortunately a 2x cant replace any of that. Seeing as i have no time to farm nor have properly geared toons to farm properly.
    QQ to me ......so i can punch you in the face :D b:cute

YOU CAN LIVE WITH OUT FC SO STOP ASKING FOR IT BACK b:surrender

I <3 NYJ b:dirty
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    b:shocked From reading this thread, it seems that everyone on archosaur decided to suddenly open packs over the last 4 days, or get the rest of their r9rr gear. Of course, all of these packs gave amazing items, and all of the r9rr gear had perfect stats.

Can I buy some of this luck for sanctuary? b:surrender A server rollback of 4 days here would mean my refines back to +8 not the +3 I am stuck with atm, as well as all the money back that I spent on fashion that turned out to have horrible colours b:victory

I'm not saying I lost any of that. Yeah a few of my alts lost exp.... my toons all got screwed out of attendance.... you know what I lost.. Time that I was wasting....

My Faction leader, and RL wife, Severus_S, however, lost an R9RR chest that we had just gotten for her, which is no secret now, as the server roll back had caused us to let the secret out early. We had spent hours finding the MOGs, Raps, GSTs and Cannys for this to happen.

Beyond that, all that was lost on my end was about 500 NW tokens....

You know why I don't complain about losing it?

Because. TOS states that people have no claim to ITEMS, MONEY or EXP.

TOS.

To quote Huey Freeman from the boondocks, Episode: The passion of Ruckus; "It'll kill ya, read about it."
    If you don't like the way I talk, please, for everyone's sanity, keep in mind that I have ASPERGERS. I don't see a reason to not tell you like it is, or what I think of you. If you are being an idiot, or one minded, I tend to disregard you like trash.
  • Shimizau - Archosaur
    Shimizau - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    congratulations this has to be the worst decision ever made in the history of this game ive been playing this game since day 1 and never have I ever felt so insulted. ive lost over 300m shards and refines on my gear and 187 gsts which im not going to get back coz I made the money and bought them over the last 2 days so help me there had better be people answering the tickets and reimbursing people with what they lost coz no amount of 2x drops is gunna solve this issue.
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

I am not saying I got full rrr9 I did get my chest which I work my butt off for weeks to get. I did not open packs as if I do it is rare. I also was in the first place nation sunday, so I did get a good amount of tokens, which get turned into coin. I buy and sell items in a cat shop. I am not trying to get pwi to give me free stuff I didn't have, I would just like the items I did work to get, and the members of my faction worked to get back. Also the fact that some put money on this game in the last few days and that money is missing. I do not put money on this game.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

How lovely one of the over smart cuties, well if u got that thing inside your head, called brains, then you should realize its not a matter of weekend, but it was the end date for the chip sale, and ppl would ofcourse pour all their resources to get their GST's, packs well we do have a LOT of pack openers round the clock, the GM's can confirm that over the old data.

Nothing being said here is unbelievable, i wouldn't say that everyone who is demanding is saying the truth of what they lost, but major part of the people are speaking the truth. Atleast the ones i know of personally are.
  • Allarion - Archosaur
    Allarion - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    And so the Archosaur server fell like Troy... almost.

Guess there's no use crying over spilled milk. Well, some of my stuff went down the drain as well, but it's not really that big of a deal. Hope everyone here who lost something worth the while gets compensated accordingly. f:thanks

I'm trying to see the big picture here, though. Nothing overly optimistic or anything but... things could've been worse, I'm certain of it. Imagine what would've happened if the server had to be shut down completely. All of us would've been long gone by now. Pretty sure some serious lawsuits would be raining instead of men on PWE's parade.

So I'm actually glad that it didn't have to come to this, in a way or two. But yes, backing up your data more often would be much appreciated. f:beg

Hope you have a reasonably valid excuse, or I'll be forced to believe that something like this was the true cause of your downfall. f:bike
    ☆ It's not a lake, it's an ocean. ☆
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI staff in its element, incompetent and having no clue what to do or how things work, heck, if I worked like that I`d be sacked immediately, considering the insane amounts of money the suckers give you, you should be on your knees 24/7 addressing issues and hiring people THAT ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE!
  • cawcawwww
    cawcawwww Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

The people that didn't lose anything or hardly played for the last several days obviously have no reason to rage on forums. I don't think many will login to post "ah well it wasn't so bad for me :)"

Me personally - Was on a 5 day PWI bender working nonstop on a new archer. QQ Can't really stomach the thought of doin it again.
  • BDoomed - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    PWI staff in its element, incompetent and having no clue what to do or how things work, heck, if I worked like that I`d be sacked immediately, considering the insane amounts of money the suckers give you, you should be on your knees 24/7 addressing issues and hiring people THAT ARE KNOWLEDGEABLE!

they even closed the live chat, which was there only for their working hours.... i guess they are shy XD
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I just wanna know how they plan to reimburse ppl that had put money into the game. Because they still get to keep my 20 bucks while i have nothing to show for it. Also my other main problem is my nw tokens... i make most of my money via what i make from nw so how do they plan to compensate for that? Unfortunately a 2x cant replace any of that. Seeing as i have no time to farm nor have properly geared toons to farm properly.

LOL all of this stary all of this
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Currently, we are working on getting everyone's lost ZEN transferred back to their in-game account. Those that charged ZEN into Archosaur during 11/9 @ 10:02AM PST - 11/13 @ 6:30AM will also receive their ZEN promotion rewards as well.

We are still looking into how to recover more from this rollback.
    Updates will be coming.
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Of course they fix the cash shoppers money as people can cancel those payments. That I believe they will do but the rest not a chance.
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well...they have never done a server rollback throughout the years I've played and I've been around since almost the launch of PWI. Even when Sanctuary had that whole duke rose thing happen and people asked for a rollback, they didn't do it.

If they ended up doing a rollback on Archosaur the it might mean the problem was serious and couldn't fix it in any other way.
    I don't blame you for feeling the way you do for losing your things and time but they probably had no choice.

I don't like defending PWE but I'd rather have a rollback than have server instability and possibly end up worse.

Currently, we are working on getting everyone's lost ZEN transferred back to their in-game account. Those that charged ZEN into Archosaur during 11/9 @ 10:02AM PST - 11/13 @ 6:30AM will also receive their ZEN promotion rewards as well.

Updates will be coming.

Thanks for the heads up :o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • F_M_Joshua - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

Updates will be coming.

^This, above, is done in the accounting tables. It is an EASY fix. IT IS A GIVEN THAT IT WAS NOT CORRUPTED AND SIMPLE TO FIGURE OUT.

Now, let's see what else they can do.... I'm relaxing, sipping a cup of coffee, not moving my toon anymore, just to see what happens.

Ya know... I think people are starting to Prefer EA GAMES over PWE right now...b:chuckle
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

YOU KNOW WHAT, YEAH I GOT R9 ON SUNDAY SO ****. Was I full RRR9 +12 with JOSD's? No! But I did get my ring, worked 3 years for that ****. Lost 7% exp, I've been busting my butt and at 103 that is alot of exp. Lost NW tokens a I was saving to go RRR9 and all the gst's in the bank are gone, the rep is gone. Had 300157 rep now 217,???. My husband recast his RRR9 ring, all gone, SOW's gone, gold gone, ring gone, so yeah some of us are a little P*SSED! I don't claim to have gotten 5 SOT's and lost 2k gst's and 1k SOW or anything but Yeah I got my R9 and they took it. Last time I checked that's theft. b:angry
  • Severus_S - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Well...they have never done a server rollback throughout the years I've played and I've been around since almost the launch of PWI. Even when Sanctuary had that whole duke rose thing happen and people asked for a rollback, they didn't do it.

If they ended up doing a rollback on Archosaur then it means the problem was serious and couldn't fix it in any other way.
    I don't blame you for feeling the way you do for losing your things and time but they probably had no choice.

I don't like defending PWE but I'd rather have a rollback than have server instability and possibly end up worse.

Besides the loss of stuff, and exp and whatever that isn't what has some of us mad. I mean yeah we are upset. The real thing most of us are mad about is how a company of this size does not use backups that are common. For example there are companies smaller ones that backup there servers once a day. This way should a fetal error accure that requires something like this, it can be done with as little lose as possible. It isn't that they lost one days worth it is that they lost 4 DAYS worth of information. How can a company of this size not back up there info in 4 days. Also and especially during updates that could cause issues when implemented?
    I KILLED DUMBELDORE!!!
  • Jarkhen - Archosaur
    edited November 2013
    Options

Updates will be coming.

And those of us who spent gold in the boutique during the affected period, but didn't charge it in that time? This includes both people who purchased it with coins through the AH, and those who purchased their zen before 11/9 @ 10:02AM PST. Both of these groups were also supposed to get the benefit from the promo.

And restoring the sales? Chips and HP charms, which people stocking up on in the last 4 days of the sale are now SOL for?
    105-103-102

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jewelofdragons
    jewelofdragons Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    First off anyone from sanct needs to hush it. You didn't lose the stuff they did on Arch. I play both servers and ya no1 is friggin happy. You all want a rollback so bad (LazyNeko) let them do it to you all for the last 4 days. Then you'll see why everyone is so friggin peeved. Yea, everyone lost **** and I agree x2 won't compensate for my loss in coin, gear, time, and effort. Nor will it bring back the playerbase. They shouldn't have said oh, here's x2 for you guys. GMs should of JUST DID IT. I guarantee you people wouldn't feel like you were throwing it out to fix the damn problems that have occurred. And I think everyone has a right to know a little more about the situation that caused them a rollback. I mean they do pay you people they expect answers. I'm just as mad as everyone else, granted I wasn't in TW or 103 that lost 5% but those lower people will gain NOTHING, bc you've taken EVERYTHING that they gained. And some are gonna say wth did you gain over the last 4 days. I busted my butt to get what little I had. Fact is people not effected need to zip some lips and go back to your functioning server. And as for the ones that were effected they're either quitting or (and have every right to) raging like hell. Oh and to the GM that said to people they can only gain those attendance days back by sheets, that's a crock of ****, you guys caused the issue and now you're penalizing people who can't afford those sheets. Perhaps, you all (GMs) should consider what you say to people and how they'll take it. You issue free **** in Dreamchaser you can issue all those people sheets for the attendance they lost. Just one of many suggestions I'll be filling the ticket box with :3
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    interesting - the only way to lose an access to the character is changing its ID. But that means the database has been f...d up = some1 manually changed there something - sounds like a lame excuse or.. you rly hire **** it administrators b:surrender

Maybe they were trying to see if they could come up with a way to merge the databases and screwed up? f:ponder
  • Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver
    Ninety_nine - Dreamweaver Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ive been in games where they did a rollback constantly, and some where a rollback is nonexistent. Ive also been in games where when a rollback was needed, they shut the game down due to the issues. So instead of complaining, be happy that they are fixing the issue. They also said, by fixing this issue, people will be able to access there toon's. So if u don't want a rollback,,,don;t complain when u lose access to ur toon's. Missing some gold or exp? so? its just reverting back is all, nothing is lost on a permanent bases. they ALSO said they are working on recovering the stuff. So be happy they are doing something they don't actually have to do. Nothing in ToS gives us the right to demand replacement of things if and when the hardware fails. So be happy its getting fixed and NOT being shut down like some mmos i have been apart of.
    Thank you pwi team for getting to this as fast as u did :)
  • thatguy123456
    thatguy123456 Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Ive been in games where they did a rollback constantly, and some where a rollback is nonexistent. Ive also been in games where when a rollback was needed, they shut the game down due to the issues. So instead of complaining, be happy that they are fixing the issue. They also said, by fixing this issue, people will be able to access there toons. So if u dont want a rollback,,,dont complain when u lose access to ur toons. Missing some gold or exp? so? its just reverting back is all, nothing is lost on a permanent bases. they ALSO said they are working on recovering the stuff. So be happy they are doing something theuy dont actually have to do. Nothing in ToS gives us the right to demand replacement of thigns if and when the hardware fails. So be happy its getting fixed and NOT being shut down like some mmos i have been apart of.
    Thank you pwi team for getting to this as fast as u did :)

interesting response... play a while longer and see how you will feel.. and your wrong.. the ToS doesn't give them open license to take money for services not rendered... many states do not allow companies to just hide behind a bunch of legal talk when something goes wrong.