[Rollback - Archosaur Server] UPDATED 11.20.13

Options

Comments

• opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    farone1 wrote: »
    look all im saying is that regardless of laws or rules for conduct cash shoppers are the only ones being helped at this point no see i have noticed nothing said about compensating the free players that didnt spend money to get stuff
    So... you didn't read the first post?
    -snip-
    2x EXP/SP/Drops was the only immediate compensation possible at the time, but I will be speaking with the managers on what our options are for further compensation. Whether that means a restoration of items, coins, etc lost over the past few days (Nov 9th-12th) is actually possible, I do not know.

I will keep you all updated as soon as I can.
    -snip-

We are still looking into how to recover more from this rollback.
    Updates will be coming.
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • DarkPawner - Archosaur
    DarkPawner - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That I have especially lost its my trust on PWI staff. This is first time they reach the point of loosing data but isnt de first time the server present a total lack of stability. Each week people from different servers get Connection Error messages, each week maps crash and people cant reach them or get stuck on them, each week they have issues with website on blessings and DQ rewards. If the solution to all this problems its giving a certain amount of days of 2x this official server have no single advantage to a private server and if i would like to play a server with those characteristics i would be there instead of here. They PWI staff use as excuse they arent devs so they cant change lot of things on the game content, but they get some epic fails on implement the things that they can manage. Last update got so many broken quests, bugs, missing NPCs, missing quests that it would take just so long to write them all, and all that is just from last update, not talking about bugs that being here from years.

PWI staff seem to be amateurs, if they cant keep the website working nor the servers working why people keep puting money here?. The solution to all this has been posted already, CSers need to stop CSing at least till PWI staff start solving something, why would they start worrying about their pittyfull service if they get payed the same? If they are amateurs the players should give them that treatment and stop giving them money till they start acting professionally and reliably.
  • farone1
    farone1 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    or what words mean looking for ways to do something dose not by any means mean they are doing something cash shoppers are the ones being helped and i can count promise as well as mouth farts eh just because no compensation is given or promise of compensation has been given to free to play players and the statement dis condoning that conduct is made is not reason to forget what words mean nor what they mean when strung togetherb:fatbb:fatbb:fatbb:shutup ok
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    or what words mean
    You say I should learn to read and yet seem to be backpedaling from your statement of:
    i have noticed nothing said about compensating the free players that didnt spend money to get stuff

So which is it? Have you not seen anything said about compensating others (in which case, I once again direct you to the first post), or are you mad that "Only cash shoppers" get compensation right now, in which case I point you to the reason of 2x and ask how you expect DoD to force his bosses to do something without risking his job even through right now he's trying his best for us and has kept his word so far whenever he's told us something.
  • OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur
    OMGBowPewPew - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    This has class action lawsuit written allover it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArrowArtemis - Archosaur
    ArrowArtemis - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    That I have especially lost its my trust on PWI staff. .

agreed..i am finding it VERY difficult to do anything in game because what is the point..all ppl are seeing is $..yes i have lost money..i am way more affected by the things i cant get back..like the hours and hours that were for nothing..what is the point of spending the next 4 days to and countless hours just to get back to where i was..i am a good player that stays out of drama and helps others..I have put money in the game as well as worked extremly hard to farm for myself and for others. The doubt and mistrust for pwi is something that can not be easily repaired or regained..feeling lost and unsure of what to do..after the raging and angry is expressed..all that is left for me at this point is the hurt and sadness to lose what has been worked so hard for and knowing I cant get it back..4 days of so much just gone in the click of a button, a flip of a switch..

#perspective
  • rogerio6
    rogerio6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    How are you going to do to return our zen (gold)? Any prediction?
  • framinator
    framinator Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The most damaging thing about this is the blow to shopping confidence. If I have no belief that anything I do, or the money I spend is protected from just poofing then there is no point in spending any money or any time in this game.

I am stuggling with the details of this.

player database should be seperate and protected from game engine and mechanics.

player database is shared with another server database for the eventualllity of server mergers yet only arch server player databse affected. Maybe someone can explain these inconsistencies to me.

I do know this. Many people who have spent ALOT of money and reperesent PWI's best paying customers are quitting game if this is not resolved to their satisfaction.

PWI may have jsut lost the game.
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Just noticed i lost my Love fash bought on auction couple days ago and my Cuddles got on saturday :( dont want any money...but i want my cudles and fash back !
    f:cry f:cry f:cry f:cry f:cry
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    give me my 60 mil exp back b:cry
  • rogerio6
    rogerio6 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    How are you going to do to return our zen (gold)? Any prediction? Number need to send my deposit zen? R9 lost my dagger and my gold ... What do do to get back?
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you call 2x drops compensation maybe you should go farm then my statement stands and is valid nothing is said to help free to play players i guess i found the resident bully mod have i **** in your cheerios or something or do you just wish for an argument pls do tell me why i should stop posting what i feel in a forum about the game i play if your opinion is different great dont reply to me i said what i said inspite of reading the very post you posted to me because i feel the response in inadequate just as i feel yours to me is unwarranted and unnecessary from a mod so again if your opinion varies from mine then dont reply because tone carries far more weight than that eh bro so pls backpedal away now back to the topic at hand oh yeah im pissed because all im getting is 2x drops and you dont even notice those unless you farm for many hours in a row and barely even then
    b:thanksb:victoryb:chuckleb:sad
  • edendawn
    edendawn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    It doesn't look like TW rolled back? Anyone else notice this?
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Sorry Archosaur but your server has been "Removed due to client instability". b:sad

Really though, sorry to hear so many of you have lost so much. I hope that the GMs can come up with a proper compensation for you all.

~Skog
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • insanewayne
    insanewayne Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I will not buy zen again until the zen I purchased is returned. period.

I understand tech issues caused this so I shall give PWI a short while to refund my zen, it's fine to simply put it back on the server, Im not looking for my bank account to be refunded.

I am the type of ******* who will pay a lawyer $10,000 to sue over $100
  • ilovejing2x
    ilovejing2x Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    przfighter wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

During tonight's server maintenance, we discovered a critical issue for Archosaur server. After many attempts at fixing it, we decided the best and only way to fix this is to do a character roll back to a time when the server was at a stable state. We will be rolling back Archosaur to November 9th at 10:00 AM PST.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur after the servers open.

Update:

Update:

wtf is that!!i just brought my r9 ring and now its gone omg!! im thinking to quit pwi this time theres no security with this game anymore all ur item and coins will be gone including my r9 ring. ok time to quit
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    you call 2x drops compensation maybe you should go farm then my statement stands and is valid nothing is said to help free to play players i guess i found the resident bully mod have i **** in your cheerios or something or do you just wish for an argument pls do tell me why i should stop posting what i feel in a forum about the game i play if your opinion is different great dont reply to me i said what i said inspite of reading the very post you posted to me because i feel the response in inadequate just as i feel yours to me is unwarranted and unnecessary from a mod so again if your opinion varies from mine then dont reply because tone carries far more weight than that eh bro so pls backpedal away now back to the topic at hand oh yeah im pissed because all im getting is 2x drops and you dont even notice those unless you farm for many hours in a row and barely even then

... You're confusing. First, I address your comment directly. Then you claim that I can't read and your comment didn't mean what it means. Now you're claiming I'm bullying you and talking about opinions and such when... nothing of the sort is happening? I haven't said anything about not posting what you feel or the like. Merely pointed out that DoD is, in fact, attempting to help everyone not just the cash shoppers and pointed out the relevant part of his posts which have been quoted in the first post.

It's not a matter of opinion in any way. Just simple information. I'm not sure why you're getting so worked up and defensive about it, or resorting to the name calling and such. Yeah, you're upset... and that's fine. But there's no need to shoot the messenger for pointing out the available information.

Edit:
    Sorry Archosaur but your server has been "Removed due to client instability". b:sad

Really though, sorry to hear so many of you have lost so much. I hope that the GMs can come up with a proper compensation for you all.

~Skog
    We will never let them live down that client instability BS will we? b:laugh

I am hoping whatever DoD manages to get out of the higher ups can help console us a lot better than 2x, if not flat-out restore things. He's been good so far, so keeping my fingers crossed.
  • ArrowArtemis - Archosaur
    ArrowArtemis - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options

~Skog

ty..finally someone from another server that is not being a total jerk..ur post is greatly appreciated b:pleased
  • LadyAgrona - Archosaur
    LadyAgrona - Archosaur Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    They keep saying wait, they are working on it!

Hello Tammy

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.

There was my answer and my ticket in considered resolved? WTF?!? Inconvenience my *** PWI, give what I bought or I'm filing suit with the CC company. Full of ****, not get zen, gold, r9 nothing back.
  • kaylam1821
    kaylam1821 Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    yes, ty skog b:cute
  • SkogDyr - Lost City
    SkogDyr - Lost City Posts: 561 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    OPKossy wrote: »

We will never let them live down that client instability BS will we? b:laugh

Never!!! I quit playing months ago but still remain on forums to rub the GMs' noses in it now and then. b:chuckle

TBH, in a way, I wish they would have rolled back after the Rose fiasco, the "send yourself a LUaD" bug, and the goon glitch. Would have made people mad but also would have undone much of the problems we had.

Again, I hope they do provide more than just 2x. If not, Kossy, better get a new keyboard ready. It's gonna be a mess in here. b:shutup

EDIT: thanks for the TYs. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together

Quando omni flunkus, moritati.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • opkossy
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Never!!! I quit playing months ago but still remain on forums to rub the GMs' noses in it now and then. b:chuckle

TBH, in a way, I wish they would have rolled back after the Rose fiasco, the "send yourself a LUaD" bug, and the goon glitch. Would have made people mad but also would have undone much of the problems we had.

Again, I hope they do provide more than just 2x. If not, Kossy, better get a new keyboard ready. It's gonna be a mess in here. b:shutup
    Totally worth it! b:victory

And I was among those who had wished we'd had a rollback back then too. Granted, them doing it the manual hard way strengthens my current point about them avoiding it like the plague but still... would have solved a good few issues even if people got mad. >_>!

As for the new keyboard... maybe I can get sick leave from volunteering for the forums if all that's there is 2x? I.. I'm scared of the stampede if DoD isn't able to get his bosses to give more. b:shocked

They keep saying wait, they are working on it!

Hello Tammy

Thank you for contacting us about this issue. During our regularly scheduled server maintenance, our engineering team encountered a critical error that required the Archosaur server to be rolled back to a prior stable state. All progress made after November 9th at 10 AM PST on the Archosaur server was affected by this issue. Unfortunately, items, EXP, and coins, and any other character progress lost because of this rollback cannot be recovered by Customer Service. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and we'll be running 2x EXP, spirit, and drops for Archosaur as compensation.

There was my answer and my ticket in considered resolved? WTF?!? Inconvenience my *** PWI, give what I bought or I'm filing suit with the CC company. Full of ****, not get zen, gold, r9 nothing back.
    I wouldn't suggest bothering with a ticket right now. The responses pretty much always suck during and immediately after any sort of major issue. Wait to see how it goes with DoD and hopefully once he gets us more information the support responses will be... not completely useless. >.>
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    even here from a mod you are say that my post is incorct by showing me a post that says 2X drops is compensation and that they are looking for ways to maybe if even possible give items back im saying that it was said in conjuncture to giving zen back aka saying nothing about non paying players im not confusing you are confused simply put i said what i felt and what i felt did not change even after reading post from gms witch funny thing here!!!! i ironically read before making my first statement witch goes back to the unwarranted and unnecessary statement you made saying i had not read so if you wouldnt mind i would like to get back to my posting of how pissed i am at pwi because they took away my money robe and mats as well as sword i worked very hard to get
  • defenderofdreams
    defenderofdreams Posts: 78
    edited November 2013
    Options
    ZEN Update:

All ZEN transfers into Archosaur that took place during the rollback time (11/9 - 11/13) should now have been properly restored. The gold should be listed in your account when you log in (push the O key).

If you log on and do not see the proper in-game gold in your account, please put in a support ticket so we can properly address your issue.

There has been some headway concerning options for further recovery, as well as compensation, and I will be providing an update on that tomorrow morning.
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    **** on
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    make it 10x drops
  • coteagabriel
    coteagabriel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I want my exp, coins and Rotating Cog of Fate back pls.
    a lot people have left the game, please fix the problem!
  • koann
    koann Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    The start of end? doubt alot of ppl will still playing on archo now...
  • Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur
    Gyurakzoltan - Archosaur Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited November 2013
    Options
    even here from a mod you are say that my post is incorct by showing me a post that says 2X drops is compensation and that they are looking for ways to maybe if even possible give items back im saying that it was said in conjuncture to giving zen back aka saying nothing about non paying players im not confusing you are confused simply put i said what i felt and what i felt did not change even after reading post from gms witch funny thing here!!!! i ironically read before making my first statement witch goes back to the unwarranted and unnecessary statement you made saying i had not read so if you wouldnt mind i would like to get back to my posting of how pissed i am at pwi because they took away my money robe and mats as well as sword i worked very hard to get

You worked 4 days to get a sword? thats a "very hard" thing? you gotta be kidding...
    pwcalc.com/962fb48be545fa7b

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • farone1
    edited November 2013
    Options
    You worked 4 days to get a sword? thats a "very hard" thing? you gotta be kidding...

no i wasnot it was hard to get mats and as far as im concerned if your not upset about losses why are you posting about it