New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Out of curiosity, which animation is the Aqua Cannon?

Was a neutral observation.

First video.
    1:31~1:33
    1:35~1:38

Its become a Zhen skill costing a spark. It looks so...eugh.

I...I...cant.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    If that's the case, that pose is hilarious and priceless. I might dust my Psy off and just stand there doing that for the laughs.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Or, now hear me out, r9t3 casters won't oneshot r9t3 HA, and r9t3 physicals won't oneshot r9t3 casters.

Just because a fight will rely more on balanced skill than it would sheer attack power doesn't mean forever, just longer, and sometimes longer is funner.

dude, did you see 2 toons full +12 with end game shards fight? even unbuffed can takes ages if they arent stupid to be suicidal. defense are fine
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    What kinds of fights are going on on your server? The only fights we have that last more than 30 minutes are basically Barb vs Barb, BM vs BM, or Barb vs BM, and on occasion, Psy vs Cleric, and that's when the pros fight. And that's in 1v1, 1v1 is pretty much shot now because of the oneshot factor, impliment the oneshot factor into group PvP and literally everyone drops like flies.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Looks like you guys got to the video before I had a chance to finish everything.
    10/16/13-
    Added Asterelle's Gallery Weapon Group 28
    Added Skill Updates Section
    Added Wanmei Post Enemies in the Old World
    Added Mirror for The Old World Trailer (Youtube)
    Added Wanmei Post Reincarnation System
    Added Mirror for Skills Update Trailer (Youtube)

Today's news post goes into the reincarnation system.

The new system will be 100+.
    It'll add extra "attribute points", which I presume it means stat points.
    Either you'll be reborn as level 1 with extra points or you'll have reborn levels with the system. I'm not entirely sure here.
    The server will record your highest level and gear set up.
    There is a new stat that increases your damage against players (like how attacks levels work?).
    Pets and summons will benefit 100% from this new stat.

The skills updates might come from this system. Some skills are apparently merged.

"Passionate confrontation coming soon, magnificent skills will make you blood boil."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Looks like you guys got to the video before I had a chance to finish everything.

Today's news post goes into the reincarnation system.

The new system will be 100+.
    It'll add extra "attribute points", which I presume it means stat points.
    Either you'll be reborn as level 1 with extra points or you'll have reborn levels with the system. I'm not entirely sure here.
    The server will record your highest level and gear set up.
    There is a new stat that increases your damage against players (like how attacks levels work?).
    Pets and summons will benefit 100% from this new stat.

The skills updates might come from this system. Some skills are apparently merged.

"Passionate confrontation coming soon, magnificent skills will make you blood boil."

That could be the new gear then, potentially coming with the new instance! Sounds pretty cool, actually. So like Warding levels and slaying levels but for players only instead? Makes me question it now that I think about it.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    omg yes. Is that a ****ing radius indicator on rb and bb? All I ever wanted 'cause I'm horribly distance-challenged. b:cry

Also, lmao @ at the psy zhen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited October 2013

>Be 100+
    >Use Reincarnation system
    >Set back to low levels (1 or otherwise)
    >Buy frost till you can run it
    >Run frost till you're 100+ again

Nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    >Be 100+
    >Use Reincarnation system
    >Set back to low levels (1 or otherwise)
    >Buy frost till you can run it
    >Run frost till you're 100+ again

Nice.

Guess I'm dusting off my claws and selling FC again
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guess I need to step up my leveling on my sin, I want 105 so bad prior to expansion now <.<. Then again, I so wished I`d be done leveling after hitting 105. Guess not, guess I go 105 twice then! "We heard you like leveling so we added level reset so you can level after you are done leveling!"
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm liking the mystic and wizard changes.

Instant cast lysing? This makes some fairly new OP combos possible, especially with our sleep plant. If it doesn't have channel, that would be lovely.

Our big nuke just got faster casting and higher damage, plus a chance to proc an upgraded rapid growth? Gives us amazing kill potential, especially combined with weeping breeze's hp debuff.

Swirling mist seems like an okay'ish nuke to use now, and the timed DOT proc is probably one of the best of all the DOT type spells.

All in all some pretty nice mystic changes.

Wiz barriers will be nifty as well. Gives them an entirely new playstyle element to get used to with just a few changes, which is pretty impressive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm liking the mystic and wizard changes.

Instant cast lysing? This makes some fairly new OP combos possible, especially with our sleep plant. If it doesn't have channel, that would be lovely.

Our big nuke just got faster casting and higher damage, plus a chance to proc an upgraded rapid growth? Gives us amazing kill potential, especially combined with weeping breeze's hp debuff.

Swirling mist seems like an okay'ish nuke to use now, and the timed DOT proc is probably one of the best of all the DOT type spells.

All in all some pretty nice mystic changes.

Wiz barriers will be nifty as well. Gives them an entirely new playstyle element to get used to with just a few changes, which is pretty impressive.

As if they needed any more firepower lol.

Also, offtopic but bravo on still not having your signature removed, mods must be blind b:thanks
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Interesting thing with that Reincarnation...I'm curious about it but guess we have to wait till we find out more about it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I just like that now Psychics can go WRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY, regardless of how useless Aqua Cannon will now be.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • FlyingStab - Archosaur
    FlyingStab - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was trying to understand the new reincarnation system with the help of my google chrome translate system:

"Reincarnation players can wear consistent with the historical highest level of equipment, but if the property is equipped with a limit, you need to add the appropriate attributes reincarnation players can wear"

So basically with this new reincarnation system u have to level again and get more stats, but the system record ur previous lvl so u can use at ur new lvl1 anything that isnt dependant on stats (accesories, robe, etc). I can imagine lot of people begging for dreamchaser packs or people buying wedding candies for r8cast (no stats requirement) if all this is confirmed. I got one doubt about a phrase that my google chrome translate as:

"comprehension level reaches the upper cents spree players can master at the reincarnation"

this mean u need to be celestial (highest comprehension lvl rigth now) in order to use the reincarnation system? Anyway, i guess we have to wait 1 week before get an actual confirmation on any of this things.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    omg yes. Is that a ****ing radius indicator on rb and bb? All I ever wanted 'cause I'm horribly distance-challenged. b:cry

I would be one happy cleric if that's the case. I have issues with the range too...I used to put my Proxy on 15m just for this >.>
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I was trying to understand the new reincarnation system with the help of my google chrome translate system:

"Reincarnation players can wear consistent with the historical highest level of equipment, but if the property is equipped with a limit, you need to add the appropriate attributes reincarnation players can wear"

So basically with this new reincarnation system u have to level again and get more stats, but the system record ur previous lvl so u can use at ur new lvl1 anything that isnt dependant on stats (accesories, robe, etc). I can imagine lot of people begging for dreamchaser packs or people buying wedding candies for r8cast (no stats requirement) if all this is confirmed. I got one doubt about a phrase that my google chrome translate as:

"comprehension level reaches the upper cents spree players can master at the reincarnation"

this mean u need to be celestial (highest comprehension lvl rigth now) in order to use the reincarnation system? Anyway, i guess we have to wait 1 week before get an actual confirmation on any of this things.

It's basically a stolen system that's been done in dozens of MMOs. I'd imagine the release of this system and rehiring of the original devs is no coincidence: they'd probably run out of ideas completely and thus hired the original devs to create more original ideas. This reincarnation update is probably something that was done to keep us busy and buy the devs time to create something truly new.

On that note, typically you roll back to a certain level and level up again and retain certain stats, meaning you just got stat points. EXP required to level up might increase drastically for reincarnation. One should DEFINITELY note though that, say for example you roll back to level 60? That alone is enough stat points to provide a r9rr +12 wiz or psy with 8000 extra magic attack. That's absolutely massive.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's basically a stolen system that's been done in dozens of MMOs. I'd imagine the release of this system and rehiring of the original devs is no coincidence: they'd probably run out of ideas completely and thus hired the original devs to create more original ideas. This reincarnation update is probably something that was done to keep us busy and buy the devs time to create something truly new.

On that note, typically you roll back to a certain level and level up again and retain certain stats, meaning you just got stat points. EXP required to level up might increase drastically for reincarnation. One should DEFINITELY note though that, say for example you roll back to level 60? That alone is enough stat points to provide a r9rr +12 wiz or psy with 8000 extra magic attack. That's absolutely massive.
    You're right. This is almost a spitting image of the old MUD remort system I encountered in the mid 90s. I suppose a bit of the population might be satisfied given the unlikelihood of multiclassing.
  • GlenRoss - Archosaur
    GlenRoss - Archosaur Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Guess I'm dusting off my claws and selling FC again

b:beatup

Just what this game needs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure the old devs mentality was SLOW progression. So bubye to FC selling. b:bye

If for whatever reason they don't fix all lvls of power leveling, imagine all of the rrr9s reincarnated with 105 lvls worth of stats to add within a week.

Would be good tho if they make it a grind to re-level- Most R9ers were lazy from the start. would prob scrap the idea of starting at lvl 1 again.
    re
    edited October 2013
    I just like that now Psychics can go WRRRRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYY, regardless of how useless Aqua Cannon will now be.

>No Muda da!/Ora! multipunch with Earth Vector
    >No Za Warudo
    >No Steamroller

Not worth it.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    I'm pretty sure the old devs mentality was SLOW progression. So bubye to FC selling. b:bye

If for whatever reason they don't fix all lvls of power leveling, imagine all of the rrr9s reincarnated with 105 lvls worth of stats to add within a week.

Would be good tho if they make it a grind to re-level- Most R9ers were lazy from the start. would prob scrap the idea of starting at lvl 1 again.

Im not sure you could goon from 1 to 105 in a week - current FC power leveling is nowhere remotely on the same level. I guess its the attitude what counts? Quick leveling currently is PV spam, for the OP players soloing it several times a day.

I am curious why people are against FCing for reincarnation players if turns out as it seems. Its not like those players would grind/quest on early/mid game w/o said addition. Oh but I forgot, they suck if they dont grind/quest, silly me, move on.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Im not sure you could goon from 1 to 105 in a week - current FC power leveling is nowhere remotely on the same level. I guess its the attitude what counts? Quick leveling currently is PV spam, for the OP players soloing it several times a day.

I am curious why people are against FCing for reincarnation players if turns out as it seems. Its not like those players would grind/quest on early/mid game w/o said addition. Oh but I forgot, they suck if they dont grind/quest, silly me, move on.

Because the point of reincarnation would be then? If we could get it in (whatever current time frame is for power leveling) Why not just hand out a pack, hand everyone the attribute points, so that all will have it.....then we'll more less be at the current (un) balance.

BTW I never said I was pro/against power leveling, I was second lvl 100 seeker on server thanks to it b:victory
    re
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2013
    10/17/13
    Clarified dates for beta patch and official patch
    Added PWCN Patch Notes (Test Server)
    Added Wanmei Post New Website Layout is Up

Patch notes are up.
    Maintenance for the test server will be at 10/18 8am, or 10/17 8pm EST (4 pm PST).
    It'll last 2 hours as usual.
    New website layout is up, teaser site has been replaced by something else.

Patch Notes:

1. The Reincarnation System

Requirements: 100+, must have sage/demon fairy
    (not sure which fairy it's asking for)

Reincarnation:

You will be set back to level 1.
    You will gain stat points as you level up.
    You will gain 2x the exp.
    There could be different cycles in the reincarnation system kinda like meditation.

There is a snippet there about a historical high level.
    I'm going to take a guess that in order to use some of your gear or pots, it might record what you had before you were reborn so you can use these items.
    There is no mention about skills or other level-dependent features.

2. The Book

You will be given a book to help you on your path from 1 to 99 as a newly reborn.
    The book in mention sounds a lot like the red book I was given for the Instant 80 thing back in Rising Call.

At level 1, I was given items such as weapon, gear, accessories, and charms. The items I wasn't given at level 1 I got later on via his book. Each time I did culti, the book would give more items at a mailbox.

Perhaps the instant 80 was a trial for the reincarnation system?

3. Realms

There are two realms that will apparently make the classes stronger.
    Two realms: [Goze the environment - Tien] and [Goze envy habitat - magic day].

4. Spirit

There is a new attribute called spirit.
    It is the pvp version of warding and slaying.
    It will increase your damage in pvp and decrease your damage from players.

Why wanmei had to make circles here is beyond me.

5. History

The new maps will be partially locked at launch.
    Players in a server are going to have to work together to complete certain objectives in order to unlock these areas.

6. Spiritual Warfare

Players will need to collect war spirits in order to enhance their abilities.
    I'm guessing in order to increase your spirit, you will need to fight against something, or fight against other players.

7. Goze Skill

Reaching a certain level(s) in the reincarnation system will net you new goze skills.
    Perhaps this is the name for the updated skills?

8. Dome world?

Not sure here.
    Either it's talking about the old world, or something else.

9. Alexander

Something about Alexander being corrupt and abusing magic.

There are requirements for entering his part of the world I guess:

Level 100+
    Certain fairy
    Meet certain requirements within the reincarnation system
    Open certain parts of the map

10. New login Screen, new character generation screens, "Account save feature"

p2p pw recently got an update that changed a bit of the chargen screens.
    I can dump pics of these later.

Dunno about Account Saving.
    Could be a security feature of some sort.

11. New Events Calender

12. Auto Teaming

A perfect match-like system, but for grouping people together for quests.
    Can be turned off.

13. Transferring

Not sure here, but you can apparently transfer specific events in the event calender.
    Requires an item.

14. Auto-botting?

The new menu is set to F12.
    Here, you can choose what skills you use and certain other features.

15. New Encyclopedia

The encyclopedia will be more interactive with a desktop assistant that'll allow you to click on in game items to pull up their entry on the encyclopedia.

I hope I'm misinterpreting this.

16. New Icon Shortcut bar

More hotkey bars?

17. New Rewards Interface

Not a lot of info given here, I suppose like the achievements system but gives rewards instead.

18. Perfect Attendance

Not sure here. Mentions about not needing something for perfect attendance.

Newly reborn, new tasks

1. There will be new quests for you after completing reincarnation.

2. One such quest, Heroes, requires a second turn in reincarnation.
    It'll apparently explore some of the people I've been talking about in the old world.

3. Not sure here.

4-6. Events for the test server spanning 10/18-10/24

7. Something about a Silver Palace and the White Emperor's Sword.

8. Not sure.

Optimization

1. Quest levels 1-20 have been streamlined further.

2. Reduced the amount of money needed for skills pre-90. Something about strengthening them.

3. Increased Order prestige/influence in the dailies

4. Not sure.

5. Fairy Boxes for TT removed?

6. Updated FB Dungeon Maps that I mentioned early have been reduced in difficulty and have a higher chance to drop gear/molds.

7. Something about Wraithgate.

8. Not sure.

9. Something about armament boxes. Added to the rewards system, removed from wherever they came from.

10. Something about SvS.

11. Something about Lv. 15 gear and mirage celestones.

12-16. Not sure.

17. Treasure maps have been optimized to make it easier to locate treasure.

18. UI has been optimized.
    New practice menu with categories such as meditation, skills, and spiritual warfare.

19. Auto-pathing has been optimized.

20. Help menus optimized.

21-22. Not sure.

Reincarnation Related:

1. Limited use of certain items
    Some pots can be used as a reborn.
    You won't be able to use regular mediation pills at first. There will be special green ones.

2. Not sure here.

Too many notes here.
    I should've thought twice about this. b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xirone - Dreamweaver
    Xirone - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    really? All you can think about is Power leveling? I personally would love to start over again. I like my seeker and mystic and i miss when I used to go to low level bhs b:pleased

I hope this reincarnation thing is true so I can enjoy my mains once again b:victory
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Who participates in those testing servers? Just the devlopers, or they invite Chinese players too?
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    very interesting.
    and ** low lvl, I don't want to go through that sh*t again.

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bubbles - Morai
    edited October 2013
    Who participates in those testing servers? Just the devlopers, or they invite Chinese players too?

It's just a regular server that gets updates early.
    There's are no special requirements.

It's just like server rerolling here.
    Open up server list, try and find the test server among the mess of servers they have, bam. Test server.
    I suppose the appropriate name would be Public Test Server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited October 2013
    Not sure how I feel about this (if I understood right)...I mean it was hard work to get to 105 through dailies and PV...@.@ I don't think I want to go through with this again.

I know, just doesn't sound so good to me but I'll have to see more about it before I can judge.

As for the rest of the changes, kinda meh. Nothing in particular that strikes my interest besides the increased influence/prestige. The party thing might be interesting though.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    It's just a regular server that gets updates early.
    There's are no special requirements.

It's just like server rerolling here.
    Open up server list, try and find the test server among the mess of servers they have, bam. Test server.
    I suppose the appropriate name would be Public Test Server.

If there is nothing such as a regional ban preventing me from entering, im gonna try to download the chinese client...
This discussion has been closed.