New PW Expansion (PWCN: Glory and Rebirth)

Options

Comments

• Asterelle - Sanctuary
    Asterelle - Sanctuary Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Finally managed to get the actual new weapons working in my personal test client.

Here is what Group 28 weapons look like
    Again those are the brand new ones.

Our client already has 2 other groups of unused weapons but these are about a year old.
    Group 26 weapons
    Group 27 weapons
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    PWI Calculators - aster.ohmydays.net/pw
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Those are pretty and all, but i want to know what they are D:
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Those new weapons.. o.o They look like Pimped Nirvana in some ways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Xirone - Dreamweaver
    Xirone - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

That wand is amazing and beautiful *O* i want it!!
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Rumor has it that they will revamp Nirvana and make it to farm either r9 tier 4 or Nirvana tier 4. I really hope for Nirvana tier 4 to balance things out a bit.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Rumor has it that they will revamp Nirvana and make it to farm either r9 tier 4 or Nirvana tier 4. I really hope for Nirvana tier 4 to balance things out a bit.

Pretty sure NV4 would pale to R9.4
    Just as NV3 to R9.3...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Maybe I didn't make the either or aspect clear. I'll explain clearer...

Either they will implement r9 tier 4 and make it needed to be farmed in Nirvana, or they will implement Nirv tier 4 instead of r9

As r9 stands it has a higher attack than defense ratio, so maybe if they implement Nirvana it will be the defensive equivalent. HA might get a 100 vit bonus instead of a str bonus. Just a thought that would balance the people that would rather have more tank than spank, such as myself.
    edited October 2013
    Options

Either they will implement r9 tier 4 and make it needed to be farmed in Nirvana, or they will implement Nirv tier 4 instead of r9

As r9 stands it has a higher attack than defense ratio, so maybe if they implement Nirvana it will be the defensive equivalent. HA might get a 100 vit bonus instead of a str bonus. Just a thought that would balance the people that would rather have more tank than spank, such as myself.

Or perhaps they'd implement both the same way they did with Warsong and Lunar.
    Either way - should they come together or separately, one will likely follow the other sooner or later in some way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Finally managed to get the actual new weapons working in my personal test client.

Our client already has 2 other groups of unused weapons but these are about a year old.
    Group 26 weapons
    Group 27 weapons

That sphere looks like a snitch form harry potter. lol But man, WANT those daggers and wand/glaive o_o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Or perhaps they'd implement both the same way they did with Warsong and Lunar.
    Either way - should they come together or separately, one will likely follow the other sooner or later in some way.

I hope not. I still think the attack to defense ratio is ridiculous, I want to see defense ear come out aside from r8r weapon.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I just want defense to not be so hard to get compared to attack. -____-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    defense is fine as it is. fights would last forever
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Or, now hear me out, r9t3 casters won't oneshot r9t3 HA, and r9t3 physicals won't oneshot r9t3 casters.

Just because a fight will rely more on balanced skill than it would sheer attack power doesn't mean forever, just longer, and sometimes longer is funner.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Please don't spread rumors like that. Get your sources or ... well you know the rest.
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Or, now hear me out, r9t3 casters won't oneshot r9t3 HA, and r9t3 physicals won't oneshot r9t3 casters.

Just because a fight will rely more on balanced skill than it would sheer attack power doesn't mean forever, just longer, and sometimes longer is funner.

Sorry, but that's not likely to happen. The trend of balancing in all PWE developed games is towards one-shot gameplay. Chances are, we have a better chance of seeing them implement "super" HP charms that have a 5 s cooldown and even more attack levels rather than more balanced defensive options.

Jade Dynasty was all one-shots, Forsaken world's wrath system enables everyone to 1-shot everyone else, etc etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Please don't spread rumors like that. Get your sources or ... well you know the rest.

This isn't a rumor, it's a hope. If I made it sound like a rumor I'm sorry, but seeing as I neither had a source nor provided an actual process and simply said my thoughts as to what could be, I thought it was obvious it was nothing shy of a shimmering speck of hope.

I'm suddenly inclined to believe you to either be a wee tired and let your mind slip, or that you don't know how to infer from implications on the internet.
    Just a thought that would balance the people that would rather have more tank than spank, such as myself.
    edited October 2013
    Options
    This isn't a rumor, it's a hope. If I made it sound like a rumor I'm sorry, but seeing as I neither had a source nor provided an actual process and simply said my thoughts as to what could be, I thought it was obvious it was nothing shy of a shimmering speck of hope.

I'm suddenly inclined to believe you to either be a wee tired and let your mind slip, or that you don't know how to infer from implications on the internet.

>Unable to discern implications
    I was thinking about slapping a [citation needed] in the earlier posts about your sources too though. Can't blame Azura
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    >Unable to discern implications
    I was thinking about slapping a [citation needed] in the earlier posts about your sources too though. Can't blame Azura

Mmm...well at least you aren't so abrasive about it o.O

Just let it be known it was just a thought, an idea that I'd personally like to see. To prevent further confusion, my disclaimer is that I by no means can be arsed to go through anything in PWCN and even if I could, I can't read Chinese and English is my second language, so reading googles broken English is too much for me to handle translating. I could translate it into Spanish and then into English, but that's a lot of effort and double translations are always sketchy regardless of who does it.
  • Apostasy - Raging Tide
    Apostasy - Raging Tide Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Saethos, do not mind the forum culture here. Believe it or not, there are people on these forums that need to get out of their house more than anyone we are used to on RT b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I wouldn't go that far, Apostasy, we have a few, no name and shame though. Still, I was under the impression the "just a thought" phrase would have made it clear.

Back on topic, I'm anxious to see the new gear and how it will effect gameplay.
  • Bubbles - Morai
    Bubbles - Morai Posts: 1,143 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Saethos, do not mind the forum culture here. Believe it or not, there are people on these forums that need to get out of their house more than anyone we are used to on RT b:chuckle

The pony person is a flamboyant display of culture alright... But his culture is not from here. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2013
    Options

Easy there. We're not jumping on him. While I don't disagree with the idea of a NV revamp and a new tier of gear for it (defensive or otherwise) I just feel like it wont come without some new R9 update as well (be it at the same time or later down).

Gotta give both geared players a reason to get orbs or chienkuns, you know.

The pony person is a flamboyant display of culture alright... But his culture is not from here. b:bye

I guess that makes me an alien.b:pleased
    What if the new gear isn't related to Nirvana or R9 at all?
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    A few friends of mine think it might be another Morai style gear, something that comes with the new instance that will rarely be seen. It's always possible it will have slaying and warding levels, though I doubt it. Honestly, it would be nice to see something new entirely, something unrelated from both Nirv and r9, and not similar to morai PvE gear. So far, if you don't have one set, you have the other.
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Introducing SKILLS video!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjIyMjg5MTM2.html

better quality and faster:

http://v.qq.com/boke/page/q/5/d/q0119joth5d.html
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I saw a lot of skills we already have, and it didn't look like a single new skill for the assassin. Makes me wonder if they are starting to recycle animations or if it's also displaying updated skills? A cleric skill looked like the Omni Buff they seem to get, but something else reminded me of BB a lot, though it looked completely different.
  • Walpurga - Dreamweaver
    Walpurga - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,028 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I want NVT4 with the -interval that my archer needs b:cry dat r9 so expensive
    Channels

youtube .com/user/WallyPWS Active

youtube .com/user/tehnewblife Semi Inactive
    edited October 2013
    Options

Why you did this to our Aqua Canon PW?
    b:sad
  • STrickeeN - Harshlands
    STrickeeN - Harshlands Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    I saw a lot of skills we already have, and it didn't look like a single new skill for the assassin. Makes me wonder if they are starting to recycle animations or if it's also displaying updated skills? A cleric skill looked like the Omni Buff they seem to get, but something else reminded me of BB a lot, though it looked completely different.

i didnt say skills for every race i said new skills in general , u need some air fresh.
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Why you did this to our Aqua Canon PW?
    b:sad

Out of curiosity, which animation is the Aqua Cannon?
    i didnt say skills for every race i said new skills in general , u need some air fresh.

Was a neutral observation.
  • Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear
    Lunari_Fenix - Heavens Tear Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options

Right off the bat, noticed quite a few things:

Archer- I do believe this could be our mystery skill, I personally get a Zhen-like vibe off it, what with the multiple shots and the frost around the bow.

Psychic- Once again, looks like the new Zhen Aqua cannon: Circular area of water, the kneeling down in a hilarious stance.

Cleric- At first I thought they could be showing off the new "omniblessing" but, a second take made me think of the upgraded RB/BB

Aside from the above, there wasn't anything that caught my eye for the other classes.
    Just a few new skill animations that could be tied to new moves/upgrades, 'cept the Seeker.
    He was just fluffing about with nothing new.
This discussion has been closed.