What about Game Advisors ?

Options
15678911»

Comments

• KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I go away for a bit, and this thing really takes off! Glad to hear that Hey, you wants to get something like this in place, and I'm going to anxiously await his update.b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,811 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Options
    I wont poke Val Just Yet as we just had the update.

After this weeks update (Wed) ill give him a PM n see if he can catch up with us. Unless anyone already has.

just im sure he has enough to deal with after an update...

EDIT 30/06/13

Just a quick update to say i have sent Val a quick PM.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Update:-

02/07/13 18:12 GMT
    Pro 311 84.28%
    Against 58 15.72%

Vote not changed much as all.

Just so you all know i have sent Val a quick PM. I have said tho for him to take his time as we would like some info in stone rather than guess work.

I have added a bit of info about the talked about GAs using different account as well.
  • matty2354888
    matty2354888 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Ok so whats going on with this now Val has gone any answers from other gms is anyone going to take this over and make sure it is in progress or do we have to wait for another CM?
  • heerohex#3018
    edited July 2013
    Options
    HUM....

as im sure your all awear Val was a big supporter of this and was in the process of making this happen or trying to make things happen.

At the moment i have no more info than anyone else has and i dont expect to either. Hopefully this will be suported by the next CM and i will make sure this is chased where i feel it is in this ideas intrest.

For the moment a question i would like to ask as this is something that has not been asked.

What are we calling this Program?

Are we sticking with (GA) Game Advisors... Or do we need to come up with another name for this as in all fairness this idea was taken from another game. How about something like " (SP) Support Player" ... " (PS) Player Support" ... Ideas Open...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I like it named as Game Advisors, I don't need it needs a change o.o
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • ovenusarmanio
    ovenusarmanio Posts: 6,695 Community Moderator
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I like it named as Game Advisors, I don't need it needs a change o.o

I don't.

Who are the GAS for this server?
    ^

That's why.

kritty%20sig_zpsp0y7ttsb.png
    Thanks to MikoTenshi for the Avi and Kritty for the Signature.
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited July 2013
    Options
    I don't.

Who are the GAS for this server?
    ^

That's why.

Dx okay okay name change
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    Dx okay okay name change

Archosaur's Sturdy Saviours? http://thenoobcomic.com/index.php?pos=333
    you only purge once #yopo
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Options
    That is a great idea!
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Ok so ive been thinking of some names n the ones i have are here...

(GA) - Game Aids

(GC) - Game Consultant / (PC) - Player Consultants

(GC) - Game Coach

(TGC) - The Game Counsel or (GC) Game Counsel

(GG) - Game Guides

(GH) - Game Helper

(GS) - Game Suport

(GV) - Game Veteran

(GG) - Game Guru

(GS) - Game Sage

Open to Ideas... Ive used the Word Game in front of mine but i guess we dont have to go with that...

As much as i like the term Game Advisor is it becasue we have got to used to the term? the question is really should we come up with another Name?

On a side note ill be trying to get some more info on this in the next few weeks... Im hopin this wont die off but i feel it will become not worth my effort to keep this going if nothing is going to happen...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I like Game Support or Game Helper :o
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I like GA because it also makes the think of guardian angel :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I think we need to wait until we see if the new permanent CM is going to get behind the idea; synchroze is just a standin, and unlikely to do anything (even if he likes the idea, he's not going to be here long enough to matter, most likely.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2013
    Options
    I think we need to wait until we see if the new permanent CM is going to get behind the idea; synchroze is just a standin, and unlikely to do anything (even if he likes the idea, he's not going to be here long enough to matter, most likely.)

I agree but the more we support this and keep it going the better... If they decide to not go with this idea and they say that then so be it. for now...
    I like GA because it also makes the think of guardian angel :p

LOL!

"Guardians"
  • SinFishy - Heavens Tear
    SinFishy - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Game Advisor = GM
    GM's never get online so either we need new GM's who will actualy play or forget about the topic
    SinFishy - 102 Sin LoveFinder - 91 Psy
    _TheLoverBoy - 100 Cleric Noble_Archer - 82 Archer
    Noble_Evil - 100 Bm SatansThird - 81 Wiz
    BeoBarb - 86 Barb Dark_Pets - 82 Veno
    falseVeno - 67 Mystic FishySeeker - 54 Seeker
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Game Advisor = GM
    GM's never get online so either we need new GM's who will actualy play or forget about the topic

It's different.

Players who play this game regularly know the server better than any GM thus they are more suitable for sending tickets and reporting violations.

GMs do get online, but do you know what happens every time people find out they are around? I've seen a fair share of GMs in the 5 years I've been playing and every single time people find them they start spamming them things such us "fix this game" "give me money" "give me your gm gear" "what's the next sale" "can you give me this and that" and other stupid things.

Don't argue that it's become GMs are never online so people bomb them with questions, because I've seen that from the beginning. If I was a GM and had to deal with such players I'd rather hide the fact that I'm online.

Additionally, PWE is short on staff and GMs also deal with tickets. I send tickets (usually reports) on a regular basis so I'm a little more familiar with this.
    I think I'd rather have them deal with the tickets and solve problems than roam around in-game while the GAs (that have some tools such as muting) could be the ones reporting things, which is why I support this project wholeheartedly.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Let's pray & hope the up-coming CM push forward this program. Seems almost everyone's eyes are on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2013
    Options
    Very Little GM activity. I have sent a few E-mails.

Ill let you know if anything comes up.
  • drake0181
    drake0181 Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Funny if there was a staff member at game maker in a game ..... if you want this game like a private server ..... PWI is in fact not a new game, many web2 which gives us the answer to every difficulty we are in the play ... every player is very easy to find on the internet.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited November 2013
    Options
    I have not given up with this one yet.

I have been really busy with RL BUT! i have been checking back and forth still.

for the moment it seams we still have no CM? Tho i have been trying to get some GM to look over this and get back to us. With no LUCK!

They could use the title system for this idea I think! It could be activated via a setting GMs control?

thats as far as ive got to be fair.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited November 2013
    Options
    Yeah. Right now DoD and synchronize are working as temp CMs for us but they're also flooded with having to deal with other games as well, so we won't really get the same kind of steadiness we had with hey, you! right now. b:sad
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • heerohex#3018
    edited December 2013
    Options
    Hi All,

Just a quick note to say i have spoken to people regarding this. However like thought Val was the driving force behind a lot of ideas when he went so did they.

The item will be brought back up but its gonna be on the back burner if anything again. Ill let you know if I hear anything else.

Taking into account recent events I would like to add something to the list.

GAs used to test new content and codes for bugs / places where it could be abused. - where possible.
  • ThaSpectre - Archosaur
    ThaSpectre - Archosaur Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I think we need this as son as possiable, sense GM's don't log in too even play the game they work on, we need someone who can speak for PWE.
    Seeker-A dominant warrior who deftly manipulates a colossal blade; his sword skills are a sight to behold.

[SIGPIC]http://i41.tinypic.com/nya1j6.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited March 2014
    Options
    Hey all,

With the Summer coming (Not that that makes much odds) and the amount of WC Spammers coming on-line again im going to bring this back up with our new CM.

Any new additions to this I will keep my eye on.

Thanks,
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Hey all,

With the Summer coming (Not that that makes much odds) and the amount of WC Spammers coming on-line again im going to bring this back up with our new CM.

Any new additions to this I will keep my eye on.

Thanks,
    This looks like a NECRO!

heero200 replied to a message that was 3 months 2 days 23 hours 12 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    In my observations GM (General Managers) are more corp these days, so have a GA (General Assistant), someone who actually plays the game every day would help a lot. The GM could be compensated with game gold for their service. I usually like to help other players but many times players are just lazy and do not want to search for the answer in the PW WIKI or the Forum.

Which is another problem....
    To many players used the PW Forum to post game guides instead of putting them in the PW WIKI. The forum is supposed to be for discussion not guides, so a moderator should say this and have the guide moved to the PW WIKI. Using the forum to post a guide makes it harder to find solid information just because of the nature of the forum's many topics.

I have written to support for many things about this game and they do listen but the direction of the game shows that it has become mostly driven by what makes the most money. They need to trim their upper level staff and get the game back to what it should be, a fantasy game theme that is player effected and driven by the fun of the chalenges.

When I asked support about a game function they had no clue about how the game worked and told me that they let the players figure it out. Well some of the game stuff should be a mystery but what I needed to know was how to finish a quest that they change when they did an upgrade, which left me with half finished old way and unable to get the quest finished with the new way. They simply did not know what to do so they told ME to figure it out. DUM This was a technical game structure issue but sometimes all a player needs is a little suggestion to head them in the right direction.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • BriarFoxy - Raging Tide
    BriarFoxy - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This looks like a NECRO!

heero200 replied to a message that was 3 months 2 days 23 hours 12 minutes old.

Any thread over one month (30 days) old is considered to be a dead thread and you're not supposed to post in them. The person you are replying to probably doesn't care any more or can no longer be found on the forums. The topic itself could be out of date. Next time just make a new thread.

Let's see how long it takes for a mod to close this :)

I disagree, the topic is valid until it is not discussed or has been dwelt with not because someone doesn't come to the forum to add more blather to the discussion. Adding another thread makes a topic harder to find in a search because the threads do not go away.
    Rise to Become Mighty so on the Wings of the Leviathan We will Soar....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch! Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun The frumious Bandersnatch!" He took his vorpal sword in hand: Long time the manxome foe he sought -- So rested he by the Tumtum tree, And stood awhile in thought. And, as in uffish thought he stood, The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame, Came whiffling through the tulgey wood, And burbled as it came!--Poem part by: Lewis Carroll
  • heerohex#3018
    edited August 2014
    Options
    Really need to kick this off again. With the game system update im really hoping to see something like this come into the game.

Last time I spoke to Sparkie about this he said he would be speaking to the mods. Well I really hope that after that something is now in process. The ammount of tickets and problems this could save the GMs allowing them to join us in game more! Also allowing us to have Mod controlled events in game!

Need a refresh of the plan for a GA. Look Here!

Sweetiebot please Tag this Thread as Purple with note Highly Supported GA Program - Logged and on current agenda.

Thanks,
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »

Sweetiebot please Tag this Thread as Purple with note Highly Supported GA Program - Logged and on current agenda.
    This thread has been tagged as purple
    Note: Highly Supported GA Program - Logged and on current agenda.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451