What about Game Advisors ?

Comments

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Yes, it even says so in the forum guide lines b:cute I've removed the name of the game and the links. Continue this discussion without mentioning it, please.

For one, and not to be rude, I think we have the right to know what this *removed* game is, so that perhaps we could take an educated look into these sorts or things and find out how these games are succeeding, where we fail, and also vice versa, so that we can create a more productive community for everyone, instead of QQing about how the GMs are irresponsible. All it takes is a little research, perhaps look at this site's biggest competitor, who I will not name here, and look at how they've attracted so many customers. Then the next step is to look into their customer service and in-game management system, and then implement a system similar, but go one step further and completely reinvent the wheel.

I know I've heard alot more QQ than I'd like to of late, and perhaps it's time someone steps up as an unofficial GM or CM, and start taking some of the GM's duties off his hands, because it seems like they are a little short staffed. If the situation in this game doesn't get better, that person will be me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking any kind of fraud or scam, or anything of that nature, but rather openly admitting I'm not a GM or anything of the likes, and telling people that I will gather a summary of their issues, make reports, and find a way to send them directly to the Dev's, because in my honest opinion, I don't think the Dev's get reports on half of the things we send tickets for. Perhaps a middle man will do this game some good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • syringelos
    syringelos Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    GA's are in several MMORPG's now, they should have an instant report/connection tab to the main GM's. Should be able to report bugs, hacks, harassment, etc. Should also only be given to those that are active enough (at least 2 days a wk.) and should earn some sort of pay be it in-game or out of game. It would help strengthen the community and it's goals.

I have many suggestions for this game, wish there was someone who would actually hear the idea's out, and the fixes aren't very costly at all a few minor coding tweaks etc... My other MMORPG I was actually able to speak with developer's directly to give them input and they changed stuff (bugs, typo's etc) within the next week of mention. Wish the staff here was like that. I just started this game with a few people who have been playing since beta, or a litte after and it seems that it's dying off, but I have a consensus to bring it back, HxC

xD
  • Dragoneast - Sanctuary
    Dragoneast - Sanctuary Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello PW,

I don't know if this exists in PW, but I played another game called -removed- and they have what is called a GA : Game Advisor.

Who is the GA and what's his job ?
    A GA is basically a normal gamer. He has no special item and is not in charge of cash shop nor discipline nor tickets.
    What he does is that he plays and he relays informations directly to the GMs and is in charge of creating a good ambiance within the server to make it a pleasant place to play.

The effect is very clear to me :
    - removed
    - It has a cash shop, with the sales and stuff
    - They make lots of money because removed was up before PWI and still is attracting new gamers (it's the 6th expansion right now, when we are at like 3rd expansion...)
    - I didn't find a single QQ thread in the removed forums complaining about "free to play, pay to win", "how GMs don't give a damn about the community", etc...

It's true that the GMs don't give a damn about the community.
    Maybe we should have GA, so someone cares about us and relays our feedbacks to them so they can see clear in what is missing and what is working well. I do imagine that the GM's job isn't a piece of cake and that it's annoying to deal with QQers all day when you read the forums.
    That's why a GA would be helpful. It will let the GMs focus more on their other stuff.

It's just a suggestion (but don't move it in the suggestions forum, because nobody reads it, even less the GMs and hypothetical CMs). A GM or CM answer would be very welcome.

Drak.

NB : For the lazy butts, here is the first sum up.

mind sending me a mail through forums with game name? or is that forbidden too?
    I do not need much,
    I do not have much,
    I do not miss much,
    I have love and friendship,
    To compensate for that!
    Dragoneast-rb1-soon to be 100 again- sanctuary
    Back in pwi, always returning to my first real mmo
    Started in genie patch :)
  • phntmthief
    phntmthief Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello PW,

I don't know if this exists in PW, but I played another game called -removed- and they have what is called a GA : Game Advisor.

A GA is basically a normal gamer. He has no special item and is not in charge of cash shop nor discipline nor tickets.
    What he does is that he plays and he relays informations directly to the GMs and is in charge of creating a good ambiance within the server to make it a pleasant place to play.

- removed
    - They make lots of money because removed was up before PWI and still is attracting new gamers (it's the 6th expansion right now, when we are at like 3rd expansion...)
    - I didn't find a single QQ thread in the removed forums complaining about "free to play, pay to win", "how GMs don't give a damn about the community", etc...

Maybe we should have GA, so someone cares about us and relays our feedbacks to them so they can see clear in what is missing and what is working well. I do imagine that the GM's job isn't a piece of cake and that it's annoying to deal with QQers all day when you read the forums.
    That's why a GA would be helpful. It will let the GMs focus more on their other stuff.

It's just a suggestion (but don't move it in the suggestions forum, because nobody reads it, even less the GMs and hypothetical CMs). A GM or CM answer would be very welcome.

Drak.

I think something like this would be interesting...Who knows? Maybe have a few GAs WOULD benefit everyone...(this is the first I've heard of GAs by the way...^^;; )
  • griffinsoul
    griffinsoul Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hello PW,

- removed

Drak.

really? i suggested this in Raiderz lol only i know them as GS (Game sages)
    Robert David Griffin
    (Gift)
  • ArmaniEx - Harshlands
    ArmaniEx - Harshlands Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is no point in bothering to introduce anything to PWE, why? Because the company is purely interested on how to make money. They don't care that the game is unbalanced, gold is high, gear cost 2k + why? Simply because while ppl keep crying about the game they still play it; it's like a drug addict.

You cry , we make money, you cry, we are still making money, you're still playing, we are still making money.

Want them to listen to you, stop charging gold as a whole for 3-5 months and see what happens ^^ but then again this is pretty much impossible.
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    There is no point in bothering to introduce anything to PWE, why? Because the company is purely interested on how to make money. They don't care that the game is unbalanced, gold is high, gear cost 2k + why? Simply because while ppl keep crying about the game they still play it; it's like a drug addict.

You cry , we make money, you cry, we are still making money, you're still playing, we are still making money.

Want them to listen to you, stop charging gold as a whole for 3-5 months and see what happens ^^ but then again this is pretty much impossible.

Pretty sure PWE don't have a choice in the updates as they come from China, if they had devs in the US then it would be different.
  • KrittyCat - Dreamweaver
    KrittyCat - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    heero200 wrote: »
    Looks like another forgoten item...

Gotta say ive been helping players in game a lot at the moment. my line is "im not a GM but can i help may be i can point you in right direction"

Seams to work well.

Im still in suport of this!!!

And to think as well you mods get nothing for your time... when u could be grinding or makin coin lol. May be some coin is in order...

While PWE doesn't compensate the volunteer moderators, there is nothing in the rules about players banding together to make the moderators feel appreciated, to throw that out there.

If players really like a mod, they can support them however they choose. I know that I had help leveling on a new server because of people I came in contact with as a moderator. Make them feel appreciated, and they'll stick around (or come back and chill, like me b:mischievous).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (Signature credit to NowItsAwn)

Survivor of Snow-Mageddon 2010, "The Great Earthquake" of 2011, and Sandy 2012 b:victory
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Hey guys, I've been keeping an eye on this idea for a little while. I cannot promise anything at all on behalf of PWE or the rest of the PWI Team, but I personally intend to investigate this possibility, with the help of the moderators and from the insights of the community.
  • iexze
    iexze Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    v4liance wrote: »
    Hey guys, I've been keeping an eye on this idea for a little while. I cannot promise anything at all on behalf of PWE or the rest of the PWI Team, but I personally intend to investigate this possibility, with the help of the moderators and from the insights of the community.
    Nice! Looking forward to see what happens :)
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited November 2012
    Just bumping this so it doesn't get forgotten or necroed. I have actually played a role like this in games since "name edited" and would love to do so here if it were an option.

In the other games we didn't have full GM rights, but had the ability to use some tools given by the GM's to help other player in-game, and to be a voice between the players and the support/management teams.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Kaeriyr - Sanctuary
    Kaeriyr - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Hello PW,

- removed

Drak.

I like this idea, would put players that know more about the game than just end-game content in a position to advise the GMs. Edit: Just thought about another game I used to play (not going to say names), what they did was had a Faction called Guards. they helped police chat, and helped players that didn't know things or needed help, yet were standard players, and would have a special symbol next to their faction emblem, so that people could tell who they were and be able to talk to them.
    Yes, it even says so in the forum guide lines b:cute I've removed the name of the game and the links. Continue this discussion without mentioning it, please.

Removing the name in this case doesn't really censor it. Most of us still realize what game he is talking about, b:shutup
  • Oishii - Dreamweaver
    Oishii - Dreamweaver Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope people are still really pushing for this. It's a good idea to have someone in game for the players.
  • SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bump? O.o
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    bump? O.o
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

SaphirHealer - Archosaur replied to a message that was 3 months 20 days 12 hours 25 minutes old.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• SaphirHealer - Archosaur
    SaphirHealer - Archosaur Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    NECROOO!!!!!!!

SaphirHealer - Archosaur replied to a message that was 3 months 20 days 12 hours 25 minutes old.

SweetieBot why did you call me a Necro? D:
    SweetieBot you are mean :(.
  • SweetieBot - Lothranis
    SweetieBot - Lothranis Posts: 18,978 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    SweetieBot why did you call me a Necro? D:
    Hello.
    SweetieBot you are mean :(.
    I'm sorry. I like you, but I don't love you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I only respond if you begin a line with "SweetieBot", read the link below for commands
    SweetieBot FAQ / Usage: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1566451

• Tsyn - Raging Tide
    Tsyn - Raging Tide Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I still think this thread should be looked into!
    Bumpity bump. The community on the forums seems to be more active, thanks to the help of those volunteer players, now forum mods. It would be great if PWE got some help in-game, too!
    Forever overlooked.
    Forever forgotten.
    Forever alone.

This is a good thing. People don't notice me, and they don't notice the knife whistling towards their throat.
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Mods probably wont lock this because it is still relevant. At least if you ask nicely. :P
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Nope, it's still relevant.

f:cool
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys,

Quick update:

This has not been forgotten. I am in the process of convincing everyone I can to make this a reality. I've got plans in motion that I hope will lead to new tools, or at least new titles and positions to allow our dedicated players to help keep PWI a fun and friendly place for everyone.

I can't say much more at this point, but I hope to have more to report within a few weeks (or months.... sorry, but this won't be a quick process), once more data is acquired.

But I can say this - I love how dedicated so many of our players are, and I have no question that this would be a fantastic program.

- Val
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I can't say much more at this point, but I hope to have more to report within a few weeks (or months.... sorry, but this won't be a quick process), once more data is acquired.

- Val
    OTL this reminds me of how I've been trying to get back an old account of mine activated somewhere and I originally sent in the ticket more than two months ago.
    And I still think GAs would be a good thing :3
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands
    Soul_Ripper_ - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Since the servers are in the US and EU, how about we just take the game over in its entirety? (It is call Perfect World International after all...) Sure still receive patches from China, but modify them before broadcast if not make our own patches. Legit, do we really even have a connection to the Chinese server at all? And if not, why can't we do our own thing to the game? Noob question, I'm sure, but hasn't it been thought about? f:confused

Even though this is merely a thought that will likely not be possible, but there may be one day that it is.
    Soul_Ripper_ Lv 98 Sage Assassin Leader: MyLtlPwny

If you see this, then the thread has been PONIFIED!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flutterbat is going to steal your apples! b:shocked
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    To Mr. v4liance,

I wasn't aware this was in place, and I'd just like to give a big thank you, on behalf of the PWI community. I gotta admit, your the first GM that I've seen that actually pushes for these kinds of things. I had no respect for FrankieRaye, and I'm glad it was you who took his/her place. I look forward very much to seeing what this kind of program has to offer, and what it shows for your convictions. Thanks again! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XScootaloo - Dreamweaver
    XScootaloo - Dreamweaver Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i forgot all about this thread. lol. i remember posting something like this a long time ago (idk if this thread was first or mine was but in any event nopony read it and it got deleted by somepony. or so i think because i cant find it any more) idk what game the OP saw this in. cuz i didnt know a game existed where this happened. i just remember having the idea wile watching .****//sign and they were explaining the crimson knights and thought it would be a cool idea to pitch. i'm glad to see its getting attention though regardless. ive been gone for about 4 months trying out other MMOs and wound up back here after seeing it wasn't as bad as all the doom sayers were making it out to be.

with all the new content ive yet to explore i think ill stick around. grass isnt always greener.
    With the living avatars of friendship by your side and the orbital friendship cannon at your back, look the wraiths in there soulless eyes and ask them. "will you accept my friendship undead scum?"

[sigpic][/sigpic]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,880 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Hey guys,

Quick update:

This has not been forgotten. I am in the process of convincing everyone I can to make this a reality. I've got plans in motion that I hope will lead to new tools, or at least new titles and positions to allow our dedicated players to help keep PWI a fun and friendly place for everyone.

But I can say this - I love how dedicated so many of our players are, and I have no question that this would be a fantastic program.

- Val

+1 Val

To be fair this is something that should have been in place from Day 1 when the GMs pulled out of the game to deal with the other games and Tickets.

I find it unbelievable how much i help people out ingame when people ask for a GM by just saying "im not a GM but i can try help point you in the right direction" 8/10 times resolving issuses like a player being stuck last week.

Val Your Comitment to this game is truly what this game needed!

EDIT

After catching up a bit more on the thread. this clearly needs a chat log for the person doing this. to be fair i would perfer this my self as it gives security to any issues. Idea?
  • Shoenfein - Archosaur
    Shoenfein - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    For my two cents worth, I think this is pointless.

The ultimate problem being that if the people with the actual ability to implement change and/or enforce rules do not care to, what difference does it make if a GA or a player brings them the information. What will end up happening is that players will tell a GA that (for example) someone is botting in Lothranis. The GA reports it to the GM(s). Nothing gets done. It's not a problem-solving solution; just adds a link in the chain.

The only appreciable change is now someone that has volunteered to be helpful in-game takes all the blame for the inaction of the GMs.

Frankieraye gave a thumbs up to the idea, in 2011. v4liance has recently thrown his hat into the ring, but I've seen v4liance in Archosaur (city and server), and people were talking about the well-known bots with him, and he elected to ignore it. I don't see it making a difference if a GA becomes a go-between. If the GM has no desire to administer ToS violations first hand, it's unreasonable to expect that a second-hand report will improve the responses.

I think the only way to really make it work is for GMs to actually be present in-game, and frequently. Not just to enforce rules, but to take stock of who is doing what, and be familiar with the community. Popping in once a year, it's very easy to mistake a sarcastic comment in world chat for a ToS violation, without knowing context. If GMs simply made themselves visible, most of the real problems would dry up overnight. The fact that people that scam, bot, etc can act with certainty that GMs will not know, nor care, allows them to act freely and without concern.

Major kudos to Kris and Kritt who have stayed with this for what...2 years? You both should move here to California and get jobs as GMs. Then I believe actual progress could be made in improving the game.
    Lvl 102 Resident of Lothranis

Smith 8 | Apoth 8 | Crafts 7 | Tailor 8 | Runes 6

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kitkate - Dreamweaver
    Kitkate - Dreamweaver Posts: 869 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Val cant really do anything like a GM can. He is the CM, not GM. He handles small things and reports to a higher authority. He cant do anything about glitches and stuff but report them the same as us. His report makes a slight more difference, but still the same deal.

Also, the meetings on the servers are just to pop in, say hello, and give some things away to the players. He isnt there for everyone on the server to yell at him about bots and glitches. He was on HT and a wedding glitched. People continuously yelled at him to fix it even though he repeatedly told them he couldnt do anything and for them to send in tickets.

The GAs would basically be players who can only report things the same way other players can, but it would be their job to look for botters, scams, glitches, etc. It doesnt exactly add another link in the chain, because you wouldnt have to report to the GAs. You could send a ticket the same way you are doing now. The GAs would just be there to help with small things like getting players unstuck, reporting spammers on world chat..that kind of thing.

Val is trying hard to get this rolling because he really thinks it will do some good. Some connection with the players is better than nothing.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    I think that GA's should have some power, like a mini GM Console, with some obvious things missing from said console. Drop the ability to spawn mobs, and things of that nature. Keep the ability to silence people, and useful things like that.

To help safeguard from potential abuse, implement a chat logger, which records a GA's chat, and any other actions that they take. If abuse is found, they get "fired".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shoenfein - Archosaur
    Shoenfein - Archosaur Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Val cant really do anything like a GM can. He is the CM, not GM. He handles small things and reports to a higher authority. He cant do anything about glitches and stuff but report them the same as us. His report makes a slight more difference, but still the same deal.

Also, the meetings on the servers are just to pop in, say hello, and give some things away to the players. He isnt there for everyone on the server to yell at him about bots and glitches. He was on HT and a wedding glitched. People continuously yelled at him to fix it even though he repeatedly told them he couldnt do anything and for them to send in tickets.

The GAs would basically be players who can only report things the same way other players can, but it would be their job to look for botters, scams, glitches, etc. It doesnt exactly add another link in the chain, because you wouldnt have to report to the GAs. You could send a ticket the same way you are doing now. The GAs would just be there to help with small things like getting players unstuck, reporting spammers on world chat..that kind of thing.

Val is trying hard to get this rolling because he really thinks it will do some good. Some connection with the players is better than nothing.

Thank you for the reply. That actually makes my point. The GAs would be put in this exact same scenario that you related. Something would go wrong - like a wedding glitch - and people would expect them to be able to make it right - and they cannot.

As far as a player's perspective, it does add another link in the chain, because they would make their complaints with GAs, just as you say they do with Val - to no end. It would still be possible to submit tickets around GAs, just as it would to submit to GMs not to Val - who everyone in Archosaur mistook for a GM - myself included. Adding more people that report the same things everyone else already reports - pointless - if the people that are GMs (or not) still do nothing about it.

I did not know Val wasn't a GM. I look at his avatar on here, and it's marked "GM".
    Lvl 102 Resident of Lothranis

Smith 8 | Apoth 8 | Crafts 7 | Tailor 8 | Runes 6

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]