What about Game Advisors ?

Options

Comments

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    Crixxix - Raging Tide Posts: 848 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's great to see so many supportive posts here! I also call dibs on being the RT GA, as I'm able to provide good quality customer service! And we all know haters gonna hate! b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,845 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Someone in Sanctuary keeps advertising a private server site in WC, and everyone is getting tired of it. I just wanted to see if anything is gonna be done about it.
    Someting our GA team could deal with!
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Honestly I can care less, but I did vote "pro" for it. The question is : Is PWI willing to pay another human being to put up and listen to every QQer on every server and is there anyone that wants to listen to QQing 24/7?" f:hehe
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • heerohex#3018
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Dibs on Morai GA. I'm on all the time and can deal with hate!b:laugh

Not sure if calling Dibs is the right way for this. Please check the Sum Up for information on this. If you have anything i can add to this let me know n ill get it put in.

Anyone got anything to add or comment on as ill be updateing the list in a few days.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    heero200 wrote: »
    Not sure if calling Dibs is the right way for this. Please check the Sum Up for information on this. If you have anything i can add to this let me know n ill get it put in.

Anyone got anything to add or comment on as ill be updateing the list in a few days.

Are you a PWI employe? Cause you speak like you was a GM or was a part of PWI staff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Are you a PWI employe? Cause you speak like you was a GM or was a part of PWI staff.

Actually, I admire that he's taking what's called initiative. We need more people like that in the PWI community, people that are willing to stand up and do what some people won't. Let's keep up the great work everyone! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Updates in Orange,

Click Here.

Will update again if anything to add.

Sorry, No on both accounts.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Heero, I'm liking your work here, as far as keeping track of all of the suggestions. I agree with basically everything that you've said, and I personally think that in the end, this program will be beneficial to the entire community.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    - Bot Spoting?
    From the forums i see this is an issue not big but a problem even so. Should the GA have any tools to be able to deal with this or should it just be reported? SS Needed ETC?

I saw a post asking about bots VAL responded, and its was rather quick. Just wondered what the Community thinks about the above. Ill have a look at the older posts again.
    Heero, I'm liking your work here, as far as keeping track of all of the suggestions. I agree with basically everything that you've said, and I personally think that in the end, this program will be beneficial to the entire community.

Thanks.

Any chance a mod could edit the first post and add Post 190 into the list of Sum Ups I will continue to update that post so no need to change again.
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I saw a post asking about bots VAL responded, and its was rather quick. Just wondered what the Community thinks about the above. Ill have a look at the older posts again.

I believe your referring to this thread here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1591251
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I believe your referring to this thread here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1591251

Yes.

and after reading the thread over again their are a few comments about this. So ive added it in.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Ok i feel fairly conifident that we are 99% close to our goal.

Updates Here.

As alwayz anything to add or question?

Ill update in a few days if anyone has anything. As we have most of the information now i feel this will need updates less and less.

Current Vote Standing as of 06/05/13.
    Pro 290 85.80%
    Against 48 14.20%
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    How about this. If after all of the public support for this, PWI fails to implement this, we kick in the company doors and storm the keep. b:laugh

No seriously, how about this? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Options

Any chance a mod could edit the first post and add Post 190 into the list of Sum Ups I will continue to update that post so no need to change again.

I doubt mods will edit someone else post to add your stuff on it.

And please credit the people from who you took ideas, there's things in there that are from other players (even from me) and you don't credit them, it's really rude.

More you add more I think it's definitely a job and would not something a normal player can do in his free time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I doubt mods will edit someone else post without the person permission.

More you add more I think it's definitely a job and would not something a normal player can do in his free time.

MODs edit people's post everyday without permission.

If say, I write a post that goes something like this:

Hey guys, has anyone heard of that new, awesome MMO called "Trollface Online"?
    It's so cool, you play as a troll, and go around trolling other people. I give
    "Trollface Online" a better rating than PWI. Everyone who's sick of PWI should go
    play "Trollface Online".
    The MODs will come in and edit every instance of "Trollface Online", and likely leave in it's place "-removed-". Do they ask my permission? Nope.

As far as I'm aware, there is no such MMO as Trollface Online. I'm also not trolling, just used the name as an example.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Options
    MODs edit people's post everyday without permission.

If I say that I write a post that goes something like this:

True, but they edit posts that are against the rules, like naming, other games discussions and stuff like that, but I never saw them edit the post of someone to add someone else posts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Not sure. While I've been in-game since 2008, I only started using forums about a year ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Orange - Eddits By Heero200
    Red - Important notes and (Quotes By other players)

Some Qualities we are looking at from our GAs.
    -Sacrifice a lot of time and miss opportunities like events. (if it's a player)
    -Be really patient.
    -Be polite.
    -Be able to communicate
    -Know how to use forum and support.
    -Be fair,
    This is important as its a reason people may take a disslike to, people should be warned when actions will be taken should the actions continue?

-Know the game.

I'm not a professional or either know that but here a list of qualities and qualifications that I think a GA should have:

-Sacrifice a lot of time and miss opportunities like events. (if it's a player)

-Be really patient.

-Be polite.

-Be able to communicate in English obviously.

-Know the game. (the only point that really a player would have advantage over someone that don't play)

-Know how to use forum and support.

-Be fair, if a GA have any kind of power even just mute then he must be aware that he might need to mute his friends and to don't mute people just cause he don't like them and players are humans with feeling so that might be hard for a in game player.

If you use my words/ideas/comments please put it in red or credit me, but don't pretend it's from you, thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options

Agreed. But then I entirely disagree with a lot of that post.

You can't really take a player and give them a bunch of GM powers. You can only have them have a more direct line of communication with GMs. So, they see a problem and report it, but unlike the average player they can contact a GM immediately. That would be the key thing I think, is having some way for them to be able to contact a GM at that moment on any urgent issue (not sure how this could work; ticketing definitely takes too long).

If you are going to attribute powers to them and give them piles of duties, then really you are just asking for them to put GMs in game. Which would also be great (the best idea really), but since that isn't happening I assume they don't have the time/resources or whatever. And you can't expect an unpaid person to totally give up playing and just work all day in the game.

That's they key thing here. If they were allowed to hire someone for something like this, we'd just have GMs in game. Since that isn't the case, you can't expect too much from people. It would have to be a player, because who would take an unpaid position to monitor a game every day that they don't even play? But someone who does play a lot might be willing to sacrifice some time to help moderate things a bit. I think this program would be great to help cut down on specific issues but I don't think it can quite do everything that people seem to be hoping for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Agreed. But then I entirely disagree with a lot of that post.

You can't really take a player and give them a bunch of GM powers. You can only have them have a more direct line of communication with GMs. So, they see a problem and report it, but unlike the average player they can contact a GM immediately. That would be the key thing I think, is having some way for them to be able to contact a GM at that moment on any urgent issue (not sure how this could work; ticketing definitely takes too long).

If you are going to attribute powers to them and give them piles of duties, then really you are just asking for them to put GMs in game. Which would also be great (the best idea really), but since that isn't happening I assume they don't have the time/resources or whatever. And you can't expect an unpaid person to totally give up playing and just work all day in the game.

That's they key thing here. If they were allowed to hire someone for something like this, we'd just have GMs in game. Since that isn't the case, you can't expect too much from people. It would have to be a player, because who would take an unpaid position to monitor a game every day that they don't even play? But someone who does play a lot might be willing to sacrifice some time to help moderate things a bit. I think this program would be great to help cut down on specific issues but I don't think it can quite do everything that people seem to be hoping for.

Why can't a player be a GM? A lot of the private servers promote players to GMs, so long as they demonstrate the ability to act as one. This is a great idea, and the player base whines a lot less then here.

I'm not sure if the GM console is a separate program, or if it's a built in part of the game for GMs, but they could just give the GAs a GA tag, so that people know what they are, then let them have GM powers, so long as the GA knows that the power can be stripped at any time, in the event of abuse.

As far as your last sentence, Annalyse, I have to disagree. I think that this program could go above and beyond our hopes, and actually help save this game from dying, and we all know that's the path the game has started to go down.

Edit: Forgot to respond to:
    And you can't expect an unpaid person to totally give up playing and just work all day in the game.

I would actually make this sacrifice. If they made me choose between Crixxix, and being a GA, I would tell them to delete Crix from the servers. Yes, it's a huge sacrifice to put in so much time, that you'll barely get to play, but if it's what's necessary for the game to succeed, then it's a sacrifice that I'm willing to make.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Why can't a player be a GM? A lot of the private servers promote players to GMs, so long as they demonstrate the ability to act as one. This is a great idea, and the player base whines a lot less then here.

And privates have **** community cause of it, there's a LOT of favoritism issues, the player base don't whines less there, they don't whines for the same things, it's different. You can't compare PWI to privates, they don't have the same issues so ofc they don't whines on the same stuffs. (as the player base is WAY lower on privates then here)

The majority of players becoming GMs on privates don't stay a long time (usually after 2 months the player/GM is gone) cause of the favoritism issues become to hard to handle and cause they can't enjoy the game anymore and they realize that it's a job.

Plus GMs on privates are more there for entertaining (animate event etc...) then resolve issues, here we don't need entertaining GMs we need people that will see the bugs and communicate them to who can fix them.

I do agree at 100% that it would be nice to have GMs always online on every servers, but not players becoming GMs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    If you use my words/ideas/comments please put it in red or credit me, but don't pretend it's from you, thank you.

Over all Bella i find you very negative however i find you do have some good information.

The information you gave was of your own opinion, it was good information that expalined how most where expecting from someone in this roll. however also at no point does this state that this was my idea. The colours and Edit info at the top has been put in to allow a mod to edit the first post and add the 190 post as the latest sum up. as this was not my work i have agreed to note any changes to his work and make that clear. The Red txt was quotes and important information. I decided not to add peoples info in quotes as this would make the post to big and difficult to read. So your notice only a few quotes that backup the information. Since this is only gathering information into one place and not my Ideas or work credit is to eveyone that has made a contrubution to this idea (including yourself) and the person who started the thread.

However if you consider that it is your information i will remove this and reword this as nessary. At the end of the day we are trying to put together a positive idea of what WE as a community are expecting form this program. I only offered to colate this infomration to help the communtiy.

As i would like to keep eveyone happy i feel that the post should have also been added to the important posts at the bottom of the SUM Up post. These are any post that i have taken information from or refer to that is not a quote.

If you have any questions please feel free to PM me. And that applys to anyone not just Bella.
  • MasterPerian - Lost City
    MasterPerian - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Honest answer in my opinion is that its not that they don't care. I believe there are just too many people to accommodate and that if they were to accommodate everyone with a complaint or ideas there would be no end to it. They are human-beings too and they need their rest. Its kind of like playing god you please too many people or show up way too often things can get very out of hand. f:ponder
    What can you expect from filthy little heathens? Their whole disgusting race is like a curse. Their skin's a hellish red they're only good when dead they're vermin, as I said and worse. They're Savages! Savages! Barely even human. Savages! Savages! Drive them from our shore! They're not like you and me
    which means they must be evil we must sound the drums of war! They're Savages! Savages! Dirty redskin devils! Now we sound the drums of war!
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I dont think players sould be GMs.
    for a few reasosn that players have already said. The GM tag would make people think they can do all GM functions. where in this case a new tag would be required as setting someone to be able to do some of the functions would set a GM tag to the players name. The GM console is built into the game you just need to have the GM stat and the item ticked so your allowed to peform the action. Much like Val where he is only a CM not a GM he has the GM tag but i expect does not have the power to do items. Thats just how the system is designed.

The more i add to this SUM UPs the more i look and go wow my self. But just to keep in mind most of the information is the requirements or tools needed and and not so much of the jobs.

I really dont think their is much more to add to the Sum up to be fair. All thats left is for Val to get back to us and give us some info. After all it will be for the GMs / CM to decide after all what will and wont happen. Nice that they are trying to listed to this idea tho... In the meen time if anyting does need to go into that thread let me know.

and just for a laugh.. Crixxix i Vote no to the breaking down doors last time i hurt my foot. LOL!
  • XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary
    XSonOfCircex - Sanctuary Posts: 1,173 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I think Player-GMs would be very dangerous, especially with the recent banfests that have occurred on several servers. The ticketing process itself is already biased because people use ticketing as a way of getting revenge for being held accountable for actions that go well beyond what's been considered acceptable. If that were augmented by GMs who also were on various sides of the issue, it would be chaos.

As it was:
    Player A in faction 1 tickets member of faction 2 for attacking with 8 or 9 alt factions at the beginning of the TW season.

Players from faction 2 got 1 week ban.

Players from faction 2 ticket faction 1, 3, 4, and 5 players since they don't know what faction actually was responsible for their ban, and all of those factions have a single alt faction. This is against the rules so:

Varying numbers of players from factions 1, 3, 4, and 5 all get banned for 1 week.

Various bans continue as people continue butthurt ticketing.

As it could have been with biased GMs

Player A from faction 1 tickets member of faction 2 for attacking with 8 or 9 alt factions at the beginning of the TW season.

Ticket is handled by a GM in faction 2 SO nothing happens, citing the reality that people have always had alt factions.

OR

Ticket is handled by a GM in Faction 1, 3, 4, or 5 who actively dislikes faction 2, leader banned for 1 month.

If this is the case, retaliatory tickets are fired off and handled by a variety of GMs with their own individual biases with punishment for what is technically the same rule violation ranging from nothing to long bans.

The problem with player gms is players are biased. The only way to ensure that GMs won't have biases is to ensure that GMs don't play the game.
    xSonOfCircex-105/103/102 Sage Wiz
    DrakeEmpress-101/102/103 Sage Cleric
    Gaygasm-101/101/101 Sage Stormbringer

Because I can't stand playing melee classes
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I don't think players being GMs or GA's is a bad idea, so long as the people can handle the role appropriately. We don't need someone with a degree who is employed by PWE (Who probably has never even played the game), we need people who have common sense and have been a part of the community already. When it comes to being a GM, you don't need some awesome piece of paper saying you attended this or that school, and are probably going to be paying back loans for the rest of you life. You need common sense, and no school can teach that.

I also don't think that PWE is willing to pay more people, so volunteers are probably the only option. As I said, I would sacrifice my toon for the job, so that I can be as unbiased as possible if this is what it took.

I really don't think that all players would act in a biased nature, some people will see that this program could be a way to help solve many of our problems. I think that in the event of someone abusing their powers, some pretty heavy consequences could follow. I know for sure you'd be perma banned, very possibly IP banned. Either way, I'm pretty sure that GA's would be watched very closely.

LOL @ heero... last time I stormed the keep, I had to have a cleric rez me. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Looks All good to me.

I think we have reached a complete lists of what players expect and are hoping from this Idea. Still open However for anything to add?

In the meen time ill be adding another Post to help people understand what GAs can and cant do? May be An idea?

P.S. if u wanna look at the sum up @ any time you can check the first post now.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    It's fine as it is. We know Val has been checking in on this thread and is working on things so he has lots of feedback now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Crixxix - Raging Tide
    edited May 2013
    Options
    I agree with Annalyse. I'd like to see Val stop by and give us an update on this, so could a MOD maybe poke him for us? I'd like to see his insight on our ideas, and maybe even give us a few of his own, and see where we stand with the GA Program.

I think the direct communication with the players would be great. I think I'll poke a MOD and see if they can get Val to drop by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • v4liance
    v4liance Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response here! I hadn't gotten around to a response here, primarily because I was hoping to have a more detailed explanation ready first.

Unfortunately, certain aspects of my plan are taking longer than I'd originally anticipated, and I can't dive into details yet.

That said, I hope to have a more informative response soon-ish.

Just please know that this hasn't been forgotten by me, at all. I'll check back in by the end of the week, for sure, even if it's just to let you know that things are still in motion.

- Val