New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Options

Comments

• Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    There are some free pets that are getting upgrades too as well as exclusive skills so some of the regular pets are going to be stronger.
    Legendary pets are still going to be the top tier pets available for solo, pvp and squads but they don't render the regular pets completely useless.

Regardless, I would suggest to wait until the content update arrives here to our version before buying any legendary pets. You might want to save up your coin for the new ones (harpy or monkey) or perhaps the current ones (herc, nix) may have a drop in price like you said.

Just a little point out: legendary pets, when the veno has decent gears and refines, WILL render normal pets useless in terms of damage, esp in pvp.

My nix is gonna inherit 90 attack levels, Monkey would get 120, a normal DD pet would get only 60, that's some big difference....

Not all this difference in terms of Crowd control and buffs.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Just a little point out: legendary pets, when the veno has decent gears and refines, WILL render normal pets useless in terms of damage, esp in pvp.

My nix is gonna inherit 90 attack levels, Monkey would get 120, a normal DD pet would get only 60, that's some big difference....

Serious endgame PvP (and not) Venomancers will already make sure they have the best pets in-game so there's not much of a point to argue there.

People who have trouble affording any legendary pet are also people who can't afford serious endgame gear (r9/r999/high refines etc.).

I wasn't referring to damage only though. Some of the regular pets are getting some pretty neat exclusive skills and all evolve-able pets are getting a general boost in damage and defence.

Besides, these are all assumptions at the moment so we'll have to see the actual effects when the update comes over to our version, unless someone is able to get data from the PWCN servers though I doubt anyone here can do that as it requires a lvl 100 Venomancer.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

Sure. Many normal pets can acquire a good resistence + attack, but never will overcome a legendary.

There are many Personalities, that give for pet, skils like:
    Reduce 55% of damage taken by players
    Cannot be selected by players
    Chance of stun, seal
    Reduce the P.Attack/M.Attack...
    Increase the Def/Atk lvl.

The Harpy's AoE Skills aren't exclusives, so another pet can learn these skill, and deals a good AoE damage in RB, FC...

Will have a lot of possibilities, and many normal pets can be a good tanker pet/DD pet/PVP pet...
  • Pyroki - Harshlands
    Pyroki - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Can anyone confirm whether or not the two new legendary pets (Harpy and Monkey King) are cash shop exclusive or not? I'm sitting on a pile of supply tokens and wondering whether or not I will need them or not for the new pets. D:
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All we know so far is that they are in the boutique. I don't think they are anywhere else and I highly doubt they are at the NW forges however, we don't know if there will be any changes on our version or if they will be included in packs etc.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    All we know so far is that they are in the boutique. I don't think they are anywhere else and I highly doubt they are at the NW forges however, we don't know if there will be any changes on our version or if they will be included in packs etc.

I assume it wouldn't be that hard for someone that has an account on the CN servers to just go log and check if the pets or the mats for the pets are in the NW forges.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I assume it wouldn't be that hard for someone that has an account on the CN servers to just go log and check if the pets or the mats for the pets are in the NW forges.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7523/175123p9yv2rv43ebn5k2r.jpg
    http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2987/175133htzotpqpo1l60u7p.jpg

Do these two images prove something for you?
  • Pyroki - Harshlands
    Pyroki - Harshlands Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I assume the second image is from Mrs. Zoologist?

Technically those two images don't prove anything for Eo at all. It proves that the items are in boutique as well as being able to use them at Mrs. Zoologist to make the pets. It does not prove that they don't exist in the NW forges because we have no screenshots of the forges at this time.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I've been wondering about this for awhile, especially when doing quest for new fox form. Why all the good stuff for veno must get it on boutique or u need to do hard quest w it. To get good pet (but useless now) such as Nix and herc. We need to buy from boutique. Now, to get our harpy, we also need to buy stuff from boutique. Im just worry that this pet is not worth it compare with the price. When we buy rep, MoG and GST, we know that we will get OP gear. sad cause its contrary with venomancer's pet
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Well, with the last images posted in here, and with the mats I did, it would cost around 13-14 US dollar/Canadian dollar to get a stack of 1000 of those things for the pets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • evilf3n1x
    evilf3n1x Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    They could change the 9999/10000 feather/source to 1000.
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    evilf3n1x wrote: »
    They could change the 9999/10000 feather/source to 1000.

Knowing PWI and it's greedy prices... Not gonna happen, sadly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options

I hope the new pets will come in a new battle pack pet because right now buying those 2k units of source of force or phoenix feathers is way more expensive than opening battle pack pets.

Yesterday I made the calculations. A pet costs like 275m if you open with battle pet packs, and with the other option of 2k units for 45 gold is 416m~
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    At least our prices are likely to be more attractive than the ones pictured in the Chinese boutique. 2 gold for battle pet pack, or 80 gold for 1000 SoF/nix feathers/whatever the other two pet mats are, is way over our prices.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hey dupethefile, do you know how much costs 1 gold in yuan?
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Hey dupethefile, do you know how much costs 1 gold in yuan?

It's about 16 cents according to converters...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    It's about 16 cents according to converters...

Are you saying that 1-wanmei-gold costs 16 american cents?
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    According to what converters are telling me, 16 cents in China are the equivalent of one dollar in the US. I would assume that it is the actual thing though I'm pretty sure PWE will find a way to **** us over with the pricing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't you mean that 1 yuan is US$0.16? But the question was how much is 1 gold on the Chinese servers in yuan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Don't you mean that 1 yuan is US$0.16? But the question was how much is 1 gold on the Chinese servers in yuan.

Exactly, and if we assumed 1 yuan is one gold over there, that means they pay 64 american dollars for one new legendary pet.

But, we can't never know for sure until we know how many yuans one gold costs
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm not completely sure but by checking the wanmei overall site, I stumbled on some monetary values that can be put in the game, like ours starting from 5, 10, 20, 50, 100, 200.

According to their website, their monetary value goes from 30, 50, 100, 300, 500.
    I cannot be sure that this is their exact rates, but if those are then by some basic maths, it would mean that it's 30 yuan for our equivalent of $5, well actually it's 4.8USD but it's probably going to be estimated to $5.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Now I understand what you say. You want to know if there is a another way to get the harpy and monkey king. Well Bubbles should know this.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Prices and whatnot will be modified for our version so don't keep your hopes up. I can only imagine PWE lowering the price/cost for the current legendary pets but I highly doubt they'd make the newest ones cheaper than ~200 gold or so.
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Prices and whatnot will be modified for our version so don't keep your hopes up. I can only imagine PWE lowering the price/cost for the current legendary pets but I highly doubt they'd make the newest ones cheaper than ~200 gold or so.

it will be funny if we have to spend 200 gold but the strength not so great compare than mystic summon or a one shot against other player. I hope it will be good tho.

i waste around 80 gold to get nix and i leveling it till 100. sad part is, when i tried to grind, she often stuck and in pvp, she is soo weak. its just too much for it. But im hoping that the future pet will be stronger like most ppl say in here.

I keep my hope for now :)
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Options
    i want the new skill already i wish i knew when we was getting it.

i have the new foxform.

and i will keep the herc and nix for now. who says the new pets will be worth it in the end. All veno pets are pretty weak to other players. Maybe it will change with the new pet stuff coming.
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I know we will have a different price here in our version, but I wanted to know how much Chinese pay, just to compare. Either way, I think it's completely unfair we have to pay like 200 gold for a legendary pet. We venos not only have put up with gear costs like any other class, but also with pet costs. They don't charge a ridiculous amount of gold to any other class to be able to have access to all the game content.

Imo, legendary pets should costs 50 gold only, maybe 100 max.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    Yeah, I agree with that and it does suck....>.> but what can you do? Good venomancers will still try to obtain those pets no matter what, PWE will still get their money.
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I think that the inherit coeffcient probably only will work at level 100. And these prices are very expensive.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the coefficient works for the evolve-able pets only; which kinda sucks for those who would like to use other pets for whatever reason (or have already leveled pets that are not evolve-able).

However, maybe they will add more evolve-able pets in the future. It's quite understandable that they couldn't work this out for every single tameable pet and they had to limit them to a few (generally) popular pets instead.
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    Options
    I was searching in the web, and look what i founded in this website

Personalities skills: http://imageshack.us/a/img829/4921/tabelh.png

Description of Skills

Spirit
    Preparation time: 0.1 seconds
    Cast: 0.1 second
    Reduces damage from players by 55%, and increases the level of attack and defense level on 6 points. Passive Skill

Tu Magic
    Wait: 10 seconds
    Increases damage by 30% on mobs. Overrides Spiritual Ruin (Skill exclusive harpy). Unspecified duration.

Fire Fist
    Prep Time: 0.4 second
    Cast: 0.6 seconds
    Wait: 30 seconds
    Deals fire damage on target equivalent to 80% of basic attack power.

Spirited Away
    Prep Time: 0.4 second
    Cast: 0.6 seconds
    Can not be selected by players for 8 seconds.

Fighting spirit
    Increases the level of attack in 12 points, and reduces the damage taken by players by 55%. Passive Skill.

Pa body
    Immune to the negative effects of motion (anti-stun). Unspecified duration.

Accurate
    The preparation time of 0.1 second
    Boom time 0.1 second
    Increases your hit rating by 300%. Duration informed.

Unyielding
    Increases the level of defense on 16 points. Passive Skill.

Hunting Magic
    Wait: 30 seconds.
    Cause physical damage equal to 200% of attack power base attack. Additional physical damage on monsters equivalent to 120% of basic attack power.

Mars
    Increases the level of attack and defense level on 9 points. Passive Skill.

Haemophilus
    The pet gets a buff, in which every normal attack caused by the pet, there will be a 30% chance to recover 12% of the pet's maximum HP. The buff lasts 1 hour and just disappears until the effect happens.

The Shining
    The pet gets a buff, in which every normal attack caused by the pet, there will be a 15% chance to dodge a normal damage. The effect of the skill has a lower probability of happening in mobs. The buff lasts 1 hour and just disappears until the effect happens.

Maimed
    Preparation time of 0.1 second
    Wait: 10 seconds
    The pet gets a buff, in which every normal attack caused by the pet, there will be a 4% chance to slow the target by 70%. The effect of the skill has a lower probability of happening in mobs. The buff lasts 1 hour and just disappears until the effect happens.