New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Comments

• meixblue
    meixblue Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    WTB Chinese-speaking friends to translate stuff for me :< .
    You mean Chinese-reading friends? XD 'Cause not all Chinese speakers can read Chinese .__. -points to self-
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    meixblue wrote: »
    You mean Chinese-reading friends? XD 'Cause not all Chinese speakers can read Chinese .__. -points to self-

Oh my ... hmmm, never thought about it like that lol .
    Point taken!
    Well then, WTB Chinese- reading friends that also know English, in order to translate stuff :o !
    That should cover most bases. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soleida
    soleida Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sounds all nice these plans. But what the heck I'm doing in between. Try to get BH100 done a veno sucks. Basically the answer is : Venomancer are outdated. Mystic took our spot in debuffs. Barbs can use their own bramble. Seals took away the lure. And who needs a lending hand for a spark these days? They speak on 2 new classes in the game soon too.

Where does it left the older class..........its dying! It wont be so bad if ppl really need to have Team-work more in this game .........but some classes are able to do their own instance and BH's in this game. TT, maybe its me but accept form the culti do we run it still in squads? NW took away nirvi. Lunar is a joke to pay 3 mil to only enter. PWI is going down hill........because off the bad balance between the new classes and older once's. Venomancer are the first call outdated. Barbs are getting less on every server. Just take a Seeker or a sin and FF can be done.

I like to know if there is any reason to keep play PWI as a Venomancer?
  • Kymraja - Raging Tide
    Kymraja - Raging Tide Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    soleida wrote: »
    Sounds all nice these plans. But what the heck I'm doing in between. Try to get BH100 done a veno sucks. Basically the answer is : Venomancer are outdated. Mystic took our spot in debuffs. Barbs can use their own bramble. Seals took away the lure. And who needs a lending hand for a spark these days? They speak on 2 new classes in the game soon too.

Where does it left the older class..........its dying! It wont be so bad if ppl really need to have Team-work more in this game .........but some classes are able to do their own instance and BH's in this game. TT, maybe its me but accept form the culti do we run it still in squads? NW took away nirvi. Lunar is a joke to pay 3 mil to only enter. PWI is going down hill........because off the bad balance between the new classes and older once's. Venomancer are the first call outdated. Barbs are getting less on every server. Just take a Seeker or a sin and FF can be done.

Venos aren't outdated, whoever plays a veno decently knows it, both in pvp and pve
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Venos are very much alive. i love my veno <3 always amping, purging. soul. bramble etc i'm very well needed :Db:victory
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It's less solo friendly now is all.
  • Castgurl - Raging Tide
    Castgurl - Raging Tide Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Veno forever <3 b:cute

Just peeked through the updated material - WOW. I'm excited b:victory Can't wait until this update comes out~ And my nix, everywhere, anytime? INCLUDING instances? Omg...b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Castgurl.com - Beast Domes comic soon to be under contract.
    People that act tough in this game are the lowest people irl...
    2nd RB Veno 103/TooLazy/TooLazy (I will update.)
    2nd RB Sage Barb - Lrugtasc (Active)
    Youtube/Castgurl - PWI
    Facebook/BeastDomes and you can find it on Google+
    If you flame me or disrespect me I will BL you. No questions asked. b:kiss
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

BH100 done a veno? It's easy isn't it? You just get and squad do it, am I wrong?b:puzzled Or do you mean doing it alone? Why would you want to do it alone? It's time ineffective. Even a sin would prefer to have a team bh just because is more time effective. I don't know why you would want to solo BH100. Also, being able to solo bh100 is not class related, it's gear related. But, once again, even with the best gear, that's a waste of time.

Now, mystics taking our place for debuffs? Dafook? Mystics don't have amp, mystics don't have debuff. All they have is a buff to decrease magic defense and physical as well, which we have too. Our role in pve is pretty much just to amp. It may sound simple, but if you are squaded with 2 r9 sins, for example, your amp is equal to another sin like them, or more (I think is more than them), if you ask me, that's pretty damn good.

Now, old classes being weak. Have you logged at all in the last year? Ever since the morai update came, it balanced very well all the classes, and the most benefited were the old classes. Wizards, bms, clerics, barbs, archers and venos are all awesome.

I invite you to update that old client and see how the game is now.
    edited May 2013
    and with the update coming whenever that is...we will even more badass then we was before b:victoryb:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Try not to derail the thread xD but yeah I have to agree. Venomancers aren't really outdated, it's just that some people have the wrong mentality coupled with people that don't know how to play their Venomancer properly or people who play the class as if it's a pure DD class or refuse to play support.

The only thing that was really outdated was the pet system and that's going to be fixed soon.
    I do think some of the fox form skills need a boost though.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    Ecatomb - Lothranis Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seems bramble skill changed.
    Reflect 60% of melee damage and 20% of melee skill damage.
    No idea if it's 80% or only 20% from skill ...

Chinese text of the skill at lvl10:
    为目标施加护体荆棘,可以反弹60%的近身
    物理普通攻击和20%的近身技能物理攻击,
    持续10分钟。

物理反弹效果在大部分场景对玩家无效。
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Sounds like only 20% from skills.

Nice nerf. ****ing idiots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Sounds like only 20% from skills.

Nice nerf. ****ing idiots.

That doesn't sound so good but...I suppose it's still going to be effective against APS.

No idea where this came from though..were people on the PWCN forums complaining about bramble?
    Curious to know what are the effects for the Demon one >.>
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    [COLOR=""]BH100 done a veno? It's easy isn't it? You just get and squad do it, am I wrong?b:puzzled Or do you mean doing it alone? Why would you want to do it alone? It's time ineffective.

It can be faster to solo SoT on a mystic than being in a squad as a veno dependent on others.
    Even a sin would prefer to have a team bh just because is more time effective.

Only occasionally. I'll often clear a BH on a single toon then make squad for boss.
    I don't know why you would want to solo BH100.

Because HT is filled with fails and care bears which can make soloing faster.
    Also, being able to solo bh100 is not class related, it's gear related.

More like cost related. I'd rather solo on mystic because it barely costs me anything, and gets done quicker. I don't want to sit there potting on a Wiz, Cleric, Barb, Bm, etc when Mystic can do w/o and faster.
    Now, mystics taking our place for debuffs? Dafook? Mystics don't have amp, mystics don't have debuff. All they have is a buff to decrease magic defense and physical as well, which we have too.

Mystic is weak but is AoE. Veno is 1-1. Slight difference there. Also; 20% more skill damage (invigorate) doesn't need time consuming application to every mob, or require close proximity for each application of amp. I like amp, but invigorate is far more preferable in most instances.
    Our role in pve is pretty much just to amp. It may sound simple, but if you are squaded with 2 r9 sins, for example, your amp is equal to another sin like them, or more (I think is more than them), if you ask me, that's pretty damn good.

Sage sin has 50% amp, Demon has 15s of 30%, Clerics have Mark of weakness which is like a 20% amp but is sustainable, clerics also have seals to reduce mdef and pdef, BMs also have an amp in HF, Barbs have an awesome skill called devour, Archers have BV, Seekers have some amazing debuffs as well. Don't think for a second that veno has any advantage over all other classes simply because of amp. A lot of these other classes can apply these debuffs/buffs w/o getting in melee or close range of the target costing cleric time as well.

Now, old classes being weak. Have you logged at all in the last year? Ever since the morai update came, it balanced very well all the classes, and the most benefited were the old classes. Wizards, bms, clerics, barbs, archers and venos are all awesome

Veno got barely any advantage in PvE. BMs are still a mess when it comes to defenses vs offenses vs choices of weapons to focus on. Wizard got NOTHING for PvE and has always and continues to suck for PvE (I'll still squad them often over sins and BMs just because it avoids the derpa derpa time wasting idiocy). Mystic was strongest to begin with and got best new skills that I know of.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited May 2013

My Chinese friend confirmed me that it says bramble will reflect only 20% from skills, and 60% from aps. This is the level 10 version.

Tbh, I can't complain. I use bramble guard pretty much to kill those aps sins. They will continue to die as always after this change while the melees who were using skills to deal damage will continue to survive.

Really, as long as they don't touch blazing barrier, I have no problem. Blazing Barrier is great skill. Last NW I killed an archer with it b:chuckle

However if they are gonna change bramble like this, why the heck can't they enable it for normal pvp. It works everywhere else, why not in the normal map? Makes no sense to me.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013

Pff
    All of the venos: Unnerf bramble! Unerf bramble! D: [aka the open map thing]
    Pwi: *nerfs bramble*
    OTL
    ??
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited May 2013
    My Chinese friend confirmed me that it says bramble will reflect only 20% from skills, and 60% from aps. This is the level 10 version.
    It's what I thought, but it's a big nerf so I was expecting I was wrong ...
    That doesn't sound so good but...I suppose it's still going to be effective against APS.

No idea where this came from though..were people on the PWCN forums complaining about bramble?
    Curious to know what are the effects for the Demon one >.>
    Sage one is 60% and 25%
    Demon one is 75% and 25%
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    What about Reflect pet skill?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013

Good question.

Also, they could enable it in open world PvP then since they are nerfing it.
    They better not touch Blazing Barrier though for sure, I love that skill.

Another note, what about Bramble Hood?
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited May 2013
    Good question.

Also, they could enable it in open world PvP then since they are nerfing it.
    They better not touch Blazing Barrier though for sure, I love that skill.

Another note, what about Bramble Hood?

Both skill didn't changed
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Probably a silly question, but I didn't see anything concrete on it. Can we exchange the older souls of force/phoenix feathers for the new legendary items?
    edited May 2013
    I want the new stuff now i do wonder how much longer we gotta wait!!
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    Probably a silly question, but I didn't see anything concrete on it. Can we exchange the older souls of force/phoenix feathers for the new legendary items?

Good question...considering right now we can exchange SoF for feather and vice versa.
    Technically speaking, we should be able to do so but I don't have any information of whether it is possible or not.

There is a chance that you'll only be able to exchange between the new items required for the legendary pets because I suspect the developers won't want to get involved with old game data (SoF, feathers) seeing as the majority of new additions to the game don't work in the same way older parts of the game work (and that's related to not having the original developer team that created PW).
  • Fenrina - Heavens Tear
    Fenrina - Heavens Tear Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Good question...considering right now we can exchange SoF for feather and vice versa.
    Technically speaking, we should be able to do so but I don't have any information of whether it is possible or not.

There is a chance that you'll only be able to exchange between the new items required for the legendary pets [....]

Agreed on both.

Found some old battle packs from way back when. Got me wondering if they'd be useful for the harpy.
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited May 2013
    I updated the skill page of pet. 4 skill are already in pwi files.
    http://pwi.ecatomb.net/pet-skill.php

Do you know if we can level up the new skill? Some have only 1 level, but other seems to have max 9 level.
    And did you find a page with exact data of the new skill ? I found nearly nothing ...

ex: Spirit => don't know how long it last
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I updated the skill page of pet. 4 skill are already in pwi files.
    http://pwi.ecatomb.net/pet-skill.php

Do you know if we can level up the new skill? Some have only 1 level, but other seems to have max 9 level.
    And did you find a page with exact data of the new skill ? I found nearly nothing ...

ex: Spirit => don't know how long it last

According with my searches at pwch forums, some of the new skills are passives skills. And spirit is one. Then I will try to do a upload of a material from PWBR forums that i copied to my computer, this material can help you ecatomb. The pwbr forums is disabled now.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited May 2013
    According with my searches at pwch forums, some of the new skills are passives skills. And spirit is one. Then I will try to do a upload of a material from PWBR forums that i copied to my computer, this material can help you ecatomb. The pwbr forums is disabled now.

I'd appreciate it :/ I was trying to make a spreadsheet with the skills but since the PWBR forums are down I gave up because translating from the chinese website via google translator just sucks b:surrender
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited May 2013
    Could be usefull, thank you.
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I only put the personalities skills: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxsxuxNwlwRhRC1MVDdYdXNnN0E/edit

I didn't put the full material to not devalue the pwbr user while the pwbr forum is disabled.

@Edit: The skills with "Unespecified duration" may be Passives Skills, nothing confirmed yet.
    The Confirmed Passives SKills have "Passive Skils" in the description.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    g3917g0uwqgbkjsb35yg138gb9qnh

..keyboard cat...?
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]