New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why the hell did they have to nerf demon Bramble!!! just why!!! that was something that helps me in NW!!!!! and sorta tw lol
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Pelli - Dreamweaver
    Pelli - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Why the hell did they have to nerf demon Bramble!!! just why!!! that was something that helps me in NW!!!!! and sorta tw lol

Actually, I had noticed since a while that my demon bramble did more damage on auto-attacks than from skills. Ever reflected an auto-attacking r999 sin for 16k on a zerk crit? It's funny as all hell.

In any case, bramble is only helpful against auto-attacking people, mainly since it offers no damage reduction compared to Blazing Barrier or Bramble Hood. It's not so much of a nerf as it is a skill translation that was supposed to do the same. Have you ever see a sin kill himself on bramble with skills recently? I haven't so that kinda piqued my curiosity and have you noticed the high damage Gemini Slash does to you when you're brambled compared to how much the seeker receives upon damage reduction? It's very low.

All those things make it so bramble hasn't been nerfed but instead just has had its description translated to fit the new skill description.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ponies! :3
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Something so far undocumented: Bramble Hood no longer overwrites Bramble Guard. Not sure about Alpha Male yet.

Alpha Male doesn't overwrite Bramble Guard either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Options
    Something so far undocumented: Bramble Hood no longer overwrites Bramble Guard. Not sure about Alpha Male yet.

Alpha Male doesn't overwrite Bramble Guard either.

Kewl :3!!!
    I actually accidentally used bramble hood while in the veno training place...but I didn't have bramble guard on at the time in order to see that OTL
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]