New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Comments

• dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Double. I couldn't post all, I don't know why.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I have a list of them too, albeit from a chinese website. It's nice to have one in spanish though (or whatever language that is), it makes it easier to translate the skills then o.o

Vacation coming up, I'll sit down and put together the guide as well as try to translate anything that's left.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Is there any further informations, which skills belong to which pets?
    Are we able to choose any skill we love by our own?

And.. how about the exclusive skills?
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    Is there any further informations, which skills belong to which pets?
    Are we able to choose any skill we love by our own?

And.. how about the exclusive skills?

Exclusive Skills:
    All of evolvable pet will get exclusive skills at level 100.

Personalities Skills:
    At level 100, all pet is able to be trained. In this training you can choose a personality for the, pet, each personality give two extras skills, but the personality is random.

At level 100 all evolvable pet can have until 7 skills: 4 normal skills (old skills) + 1 Exclusive Skills + 2 Personality Skills.

These skills that I tried translat are Personalities Skills.

@Desdi: I found this website in PWBRChannel, the language is portuguese, because it's from PWBR Forum.
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Exclusive Skills:
    All of evolvable pet will get exclusive skills at level 100.

Personalities Skills:
    At level 100, all pet is able to be trained. In this training you can choose a personality for the, pet, each personality give two extras skills, but the personality is random.

At level 100 all evolvable pet can have until 7 skills: 4 normal skills (old skills) + 1 Exclusive Skills + 2 Personality Skills.

These skills that I tried translat are Personalities Skills.

@Desdi: I found this website in PWBRChannel, the language is portuguese, because it's from PWBR Forum.

I mean, the list of skills you provided in your previous post, do all of them just belong to personality skills?

Aren't the exclusive ones there yet?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    I mean, the list of skills you provided in your previous post, do all of them just belong to personality skills?

Aren't the exclusive ones there yet?

Personality skills can be found here. It has to be google translated though.

@duptethefile - oh, thanks for the correction b:chuckle

Question is...if the personality a pet receives is random, can it be changed?
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013

Question is...if the personality a pet receives is random, can it be changed?

Sure. But when the personality is changed, the personalities skills are replaced automatically.
    The level of the Personality SKill is random too.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Theres actually a partial list of the personalities already translated in our clients:

- Ruthless
    - Justice
    - Brave
    - Fearless
    - Sensitive
    - Unyielding
    - Calm
    - Steady
    - Silent
    - Irritable

The complete chinese personality list has about 70 entries though across 3 different levels each. The higher levels give you better versions of the 2 associated skills. I'm not sure if all of those personalities are available though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ynessitta
    ynessitta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    what about new kirin pet (water and land one) which at start was new pet whit harpy and monkey king ?
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    ynessitta wrote: »
    what about new kirin pet (water and land one) which at start was new pet whit harpy and monkey king ?

No word on that o.o
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    Ecatomb - Lothranis Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I remember that, but didn't saw any pet or mount looking like it.
    Maybe they will add it later ...
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013

f:stareI had completely forgot about the Kirin pet
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    Kiszmet - Heavens Tear Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know anything about the butterfly (spirit f:meh) fox and panda skills we were supposed to get? You know, the things that were supposed to make there be a point to getting the new forms?
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Anyone know anything about the butterfly (spirit f:meh) fox and panda skills we were supposed to get? You know, the things that were supposed to make there be a point to getting the new forms?

China got both transformations and skills at the same time, so it's something to do with PWI's team, i reckon. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Untamed_pain - Archosaur
    Untamed_pain - Archosaur Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i want that skill already! id like it before the big tws come and for nw.

and whatever else veno stuff coming for pets. b:pleased
    untamed_pain demon veno 103-100-101
    SweetAzHoney Sage Cleric 102-currently rebirthing
    xXZoeMarieXx sage seeker 101-currently rebirthing
    StormyRainz Demon Mystic 101 Not rebirth yet
    EsmeStorms Demon wizzy 101 not rebirth yet
    UhitLikaGirl Almost sage barb 100 buffer
    and loads of other alts...
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    My guess is that we'll be getting the skill along with the new pet system and new pets. It would make sense to get it then, otherwise I don't see how else we'd get it, unless they decide to randomly send it to us in some patch lol.
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    I think that the Demon Linghuan Fox and Kirin(Dog) pet, were a project abandoned. There isn't a official topic from wanmei about these stuffs.

I have a doubt: I don't have the new fox form yet, but i've seen a veno that she was transformed in the old form, and her mp doesn't change. Are the benefits of the new fox form implemmented in the old form too?
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    I think that the Demon Linghuan Fox and Kirin(Dog) pet, were a project abandoned. There isn't a official topic from wanmei about these stuffs.

I have a doubt: I don't have the new fox form yet, but i've seen a veno that she was transformed in the old form, and her mp doesn't change. Are the benefits of the new fox form implemmented in the old form too?

When you get the ether essence at the end of the quest, you trade that for 2 books. One is to upgrade fox form to spirit fox form, and another one is a book for a new look. You can't use the book for new look until you upgrade the old fox form. It's like bewitch puffbird and tiger. You need the puffbird version, the original to learn the tiger bewitch.

So, yes we have 2 fox forms now, which both are spirit fox form. One is the classic red fox, and the other is the new one.
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2013

I'm confused about your post... China did indeed, from what all the reports came in to us a few months ago, get the demon Linghuan Fox skill, as well as the barb skill along with their new forms.
    The kirin indeed was not mentioned, but i do remember someone posting that the kirin would have been an upgrade to the turtle legendary cash shop pet the p2p version of pwi had, so since the turtle legendary never was in f2p version, it wouldn't appear after all. That, alongside the picture made public featured a kirin identical to a Jade Dynasty kirin mount, made it seem only an idea at that time. No clue about the truth behind this, I remember reading that here on the forum.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    I'm confused about your post... China did indeed, from what all the reports came in to us a few months ago, get the demon Linghuan Fox skill, as well as the barb skill along with their new forms.
    The kirin indeed was not mentioned, but i do remember someone posting that the kirin would have been an upgrade to the turtle legendary cash shop pet the p2p version of pwi had, so since the turtle legendary never was in f2p version, it wouldn't appear after all. That, alongside the picture made public featured a kirin identical to a Jade Dynasty kirin mount, made it seem only an idea at that time. No clue about the truth behind this, I remember reading that here on the forum.

What i want to say is: The first time that we had the notice about these new forms, and the new pets. These infomations were translated from a topic of PW China Forum, so it isn't a official information. After some weeks, the wanmei starts to talk about these notices.

In the Forum Topics, we had the information about the kirin, and the Demon Linghuan fox skill, but in the Offcial topics from wanmei, they never talk about the kirin and the Linghuan. But I think that in the future, will have new things in the panda/butterfly form.
    When you get the ether essence at the end of the quest, you trade that for 2 books. One is to upgrade fox form to spirit fox form, and another one is a book for a new look. You can't use the book for new look until you upgrade the old fox form. It's like bewitch puffbird and tiger. You need the puffbird version, the original to learn the tiger bewitch.

So, yes we have 2 fox forms now, which both are spirit fox form. One is the classic red fox, and the other is the new one.

So after you learn the Butterfly Form, the old form is upgraded too, and has all of the benefits of the new form. So I can use the old fox form and my mp isn't reduced.
    Thank you for the information.
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    The butterfly fox and panda skills weren't abandoned projects, they were indeed intended for the new forms. I've heard from somewhere that we didn't get them because they are having trouble translating the code for our version of the game, but that's just rumor. I do hope we get them soon, fox forms NEEDS new skills, ( or at least some love for the older ones) The only two good skill to come out of morai were bewitch and synergy (blazing barrier is good too but is really just a different version of bramble and can't be cast in fox) and the lev 100 upgrades don't really upgrade much in comparison to other classes.

I'm hoping the pets come soon as well, would be nice for them to be a factor in pvp again b:sad
  • dupethefile
    edited April 2013
    The butterfly fox and panda skills weren't abandoned projects, they were indeed intended for the new forms. I've heard from somewhere that we didn't get them because they are having trouble translating the code for our version of the game, but that's just rumor. I do hope we get them soon, fox forms NEEDS new skills, ( or at least some love for the older ones) The only two good skill to come out of morai were bewitch and synergy (blazing barrier is good too but is really just a different version of bramble and can't be cast in fox) and the lev 100 upgrades don't really upgrade much in comparison to other classes.

I'm hoping the pets come soon as well, would be nice for them to be a factor in pvp again b:sad

Yeah, i agree. I believe in the future we'll have some new things in the new form.
    I don't know if we are recquiring so much from wanmei, but the venos have 6 useless skills:
    - Fox Wallop
    - Befudding Mist
    - Leech
    - Consume Spirit
    - Malefic Crush
    - Stunning Blow (For venos with a high accuracy, this skill is used in many cases)

I think that the wanmei could increase the range of fox skills, change these skill for something like Arcane Antinomy: A Physical Attack based in the Magical Attack and 100% accuracy...
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, i agree. I believe in the future we have some new things in the new form.
    I don't know if we are recquiring so much from wanmei, but the venos have 6 useless skills:
    - Fox Wallop
    - Befudding Mist
    - Leech
    - Consume Spirit
    - Malefic Crush
    - - Stunning Blow (For venos with a high accuracy, this skill is used in many cases)

I think that the wanmei could increase the range of fox skills, change these skill for something like Arcane Antinomy: A Physical Attack based in the Magical Attack and 100% accuracy.

Fox Wallop and Consume spirit I agree are 100% useless. All the other skills suffer from static damage which could be fixed by changing those static numbers to %s. Malefic suffers from a useless curse that was meant to account for the lower damage, but yah... It is frustrating when you realize in the time it takes you to cast most of your fox skills your actually doing less damage then if you just used regular attacks f:worry. Stunning Blow is still quite useful though and I use it all the time for freezing runners f:victory.

A physical attack based on mag attack already exists. It's fosillized curse (which used to be based on physical attack). It does magic damage, weapon damage, and wood damage based on HP, but since my physical damage is higher than my mag damage and I have high HP the numbers tend to be wonky when I use it f:confused. However, it is still the only spike I have in my arsenal.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Consume spirit is somewhat useful for regaining a bit of mana when grinding in fox, though its usefulness diminishes with increased HP, due to its costing a %age of HP to cast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Azura - Lost City
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, i agree. I believe in the future we'll have some new things in the new form.
    - Fox Wallop
    - Befudding Mist
    - Leech
    - Consume Spirit
    - Malefic Crush
    - Stunning Blow (For venos with a high accuracy, this skill is used in many cases)

I think that the wanmei could increase the range of fox skills, change these skill for something like Arcane Antinomy: A Physical Attack based in the Magical Attack and 100% accuracy...

I agree, those 6 skills are complately useless. If those skills were to be changed, the first thing they should do is to make them all skills that never miss.
  • Veneir - Dreamweaver
    Veneir - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,541 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Fox Wallop and Consume spirit I agree are 100% useless. All the other skills suffer from static damage which could be fixed by changing those static numbers to %s. Malefic suffers from a useless curse that was meant to account for the lower damage, but yah... It is frustrating when you realize in the time it takes you to cast most of your fox skills your actually doing less damage then if you just used regular attacks f:worry. Stunning Blow is still quite useful though and I use it all the time for freezing runners f:victory.

A physical attack based on mag attack already exists. It's fosillized curse (which used to be based on physical attack). It does magic damage, weapon damage, and wood damage based on HP, but since my physical damage is higher than my mag damage and I have high HP the numbers tend to be wonky when I use it f:confused. However, it is still the only spike I have in my arsenal.

I started using Consume Spirit at like.... level 100 or something because I was bored and wanted to increase my saged-skills count, and while it works 'okay if you don't have alot of HP' for grinding or while you don't have aggro and are in fox at a boss, it could be sososososososo much better and also if you have a good amount of HP because you can actually refine your stuff like everyone today then it really is useless in that it's more detrimental than anything to use OTL

I wouldn't really call any of the skills 'useless' per se(seeing as I use all of them), but they are obsolete in damage/application and really do need an increase in everything/some sort of mechanic. However, every single other class has the thing where their physical and magical attacks are based on a single 'main' attack stat, and venos never were like that(there was some sort of reason I'm sure), so I can't see venos randomily changing to this system, too.

Pfff Malefic and Degeneration both could use some sort of tweak so they prevent mana(or HP)charm/potion ticks for a duration because as is, the idea was good but in application it doesn't work at all, and this was never fixed so it actually could work like other design errors have been overtime. (Degen sage is good for HP cut of course, and it's decent to put on a boss in amp's cooldown, and demon does something I don't even know, but that's a very limited application range that wasn't supposed to be so limited.)

I'll use wallop in PvE against casting mobs(well, I did; I'm thinking about 95% of my pwi experience before I got my r8rr pataka and my physical attack was quite the bit higher than my magic attack), and as something in my cycle of skill-spams to keep aggro if I'm tanking in say 69 or something, but it coooould. This post is getting too long, basically I agree that all the fox forme attack tree skills need some sort of thing so they're more effective. x3 Especially since veno shapeshifting cooldown is six seconds, so most venos end up just 'stuck' once they amp o-e Barbs are only two.
    Also
    but since my physical damage is higher than my mag damage and I have high HP
    :3!! Myuu! *gives a cookie*
    "Clearly, the only logical option is Squid." -Decus <コ:彡 <コ:彡
    I'm helplessly needless, and needless to say I owe you | Well I'd pull, teeter away, at the earth with my teeth, to touch your face alive | You lie, helplessly still | As your face falls apart | Well I can make your face brand new | Come take my hand and I'll take your hand | And I will pull you out | Into the sun.
    First fell into an army of noob mobs on 19/3/2009~ Upside-down fox and old-colour squid <┻┻~ [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mahabharatha - Archosaur
    Mahabharatha - Archosaur Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, I'm still a bit wondering about the inherited coefficients from the veno towards the pet, maybe someone can make it clearer.

So, let's take the dino, for example. According to ecatomb , he has:

> hp: 3420
    > phys atk: 4478
    > phys/mag res: 8361

According to the pwbr page with the stats for the new update, dino has Bonus :

> Atk. : 70%
    > Res. : 20%
    > HP : 20%
    > Atk. level : 50%
    > Res. level : 50%

Let's make ourselves a high level pure magic g16 veno, with budget refines/shards, nothing op: http://pwcalc.com/9ae79a7c6976c844

After evolution, will the dino have the following stats (as in initial pet stats with added bonus from veno) ?

> HP: 3429+ 1053= 4473
    > atk: (no sure if they inherit from veno's mag attack or phys attack)
    - if mag attack, then 4478+ 8751= 13229
    - if phys attack, then 4478+ 889= 5267
    > phys resist: 8361+ 600= 8961
    > mag resist: 8361+ 2584= 10945

It seems obvious the attack will be based on the veno's phys attack value, which sucks for the wand I selected and will favor a pataka veno for better attack values, but I'm just putting it out there lol.
    Also, will the defense value be 20% of mag resist and 20% of phys resist or will the coefficient be based on an average of the 2, since there is no specifications towards that in the news? Even the attack could be based on an average between mag and phys attack, so that it lets venos have diversity in their weapon of choice.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Barring someone finding a relevant post on the Chinese or Brazilian forums, I guess we'll just have to wait until it comes here to find out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Kiszmet - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2013
    Hmmm, I'm still a bit wondering about the inherited coefficients from the veno towards the pet, maybe someone can make it clearer.

It seems obvious the attack will be based on the veno's phys attack value, which sucks for the wand I selected and will favor a pataka veno for better attack values, but I'm just putting it out there lol.
    Also, will the defense value be 20% of mag resist and 20% of phys resist or will the coefficient be based on an average of the 2, since there is no specifications towards that in the news? Even the attack could be based on an average between mag and phys attack, so that it lets venos have diversity in their weapon of choice.

I'm a little concerned about that myself. No matter what the new damage will be better, but there are a lot of things to consider. For example, will the old "magic" skills be based off of magic attack while base phys attack will be based off phys attack? Either way one set of weapons/builds gives one bonus one set gives the other... Mag and phys resistances will probably have their own coeficients are they are two separate values. As long as they are a factor in pvp again I will be happy f:cute