New skill & new pets-upgrades discussion

Comments

• Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:stare wow that's so cool... but I think there won't be enough space in pet bag...f:weep

WTB bigger pet bag b:cry
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Guys does anyone know a link to a video of a veno using the new system like the one which was posted for foxform?
  • Xdmghyper - Lost City
    Xdmghyper - Lost City Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i heard the herc will have the ability to fly, any idea if the monkey king will be able to fly too? b:dirty
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    i heard the herc will have the ability to fly, any idea if the monkey king will be able to fly too? b:dirty

Been confirmed that the monkey can fly too, or even swim.

Anyway, It is such a great deal if the pet slot bag is being upgraded too.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    All the legendary pets will be able to fly which will give them that advantage for being a legendary/boutique pet.
    At least then we can get rid of the water pet and, with Harpy being potentially ideal ranged-pulling pet among other things, we'll get to free 2 slots.
  • Marengo - Lost City
    Marengo - Lost City Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited April 2013

At least then we can get rid of the water pet ...
    Does anybody still keep water pet in cage? with all these pve dailies there is no time even to summon it, not talking about lvling x)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/elmarise
    pw art ◊ tinyurl.com/q6ca7ar ◊
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    Does anybody still keep water pet in cage? with all these pve dailies there is no time even to summon it, not talking about lvling x)

I still have my asgard plumpfish named Sushi in my pet bag....... f:shame
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013

Same here but with a turtle I leveled from like... 5 or so all the way up. It and I had good memories in dragon Temple in the 08/09 days. b:cute
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    These 2 pets seem to have been forgotten, anyone know more about them, or are they even pets?
    snowape and silver fox, the last 2 pets in the list.

http://bbs.w2i.wanmei.com/viewthread.php?tid=2163684&extra=page%3D1
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013

Lol, I also have my fish pet too, which I haven't really used in years. It is still level 89.
    edited April 2013
    All the legendary pets will be able to fly which will give them that advantage for being a legendary/boutique pet.
    At least then we can get rid of the water pet and, with Harpy being potentially ideal ranged-pulling pet among other things, we'll get to free 2 slots.

does the flying thing applies to dino too? cuz if yes the nix is really replaced
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    Ecatomb - Lothranis Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    does the flying thing applies to dino too? cuz if yes the nix is really replaced
    ONly the cash shop pet (phoenix, hercules, harpy and monkey)
    edited April 2013
    ONly the cash shop pet (phoenix, hercules, harpy and monkey)

Oh now i have a reason to b:cry. but at least i have my hercy b:pleased
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    My Abysmal Turtle is level 100... disappointed that the plumpfish gets an upgrade, but the turtle doesn't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • StxChubaka - Raging Tide
    StxChubaka - Raging Tide Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    well, this kinda sucks... They should had left the two original Legendary pets to be the supreme.. after all we did payed a lot for em.. now making us to pay more for two more, and one of em is stronger than the Nix???

Well, time for WoW again lol
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    What I want to know is if the pet's stats differ with gear changes, like mystic pets, or if the stats the pet inherits when it first transforms are permanent. If they weren't dynamic, it would suck, because one would have to shard,refine and upgrade gear to the max before upgrading.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    I'm quite sure it will work like the Mystics' summons o.o
  • evilf3n1x
    evilf3n1x Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I've a doubt, will the inherit coefficents work only at level 100?
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I found a video with the new daily event demonstration.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013

Nice finding! I'll add it to the front page.
  • helovesu
    edited April 2013
    In this two topics, I got the name of the Monkey King and Harpy SKILLS.
    Harpy: Icecicles/Fingers Broken Yue/Deciduos Fly. Exclusive skill = Spirtual Ruin.
    Monkey: Pressure Top and Swept Luwe. Exclusive Skill = Eucharist.

In the Asterelle List: These 5 skills are in the final of list.
    And you can compare the tradution of Chinese Topic with the Asterelle List, it has some differences, but i believe that these skills in the Chinese topic aren't in max lvl, while in the Asterelle List these skills are in the Max Level.

So the harpy has 2 magic skills (water - Icecicles and wood - deciduos Fly) and 1 physical skill (Fingers Yue). The Fingers Broken Yue and Deciduos Fly can be AoE skill, but Icecicles i don't know.

The swept luwe deals damage (300% of base attack) and increase the attack power of monkey in 30%, lasts aprox. 10 min according the chinese topic, the monkey has a unlimited claw.
    Pressure top, i didn't understand this skill, but i think the skill stun the target.

If the monkey flies, I say: Good-Bye Phoenix.

100%(Monkey) inherit coeffcient for attack vs 75% (Phoenix) inherit coefficient for attack.
    4483 vs 4922 atk.
    Swept Luwe vs Claw. Sorry venos with nix but the monkey is better than nix.

I think that Mag/Str points does not affect the pet attack. So HA, AA and LA venos with a R9 pataka +12, their pets will have the same attack. This was what I understand.

Can you give us an explaination about the 2 out of 4 existing skill of the monkey bar skill?
    1st skill : unknown (might refer to Swept Luwe?)
    2nd skill : unknown (might refer to Pressure Top?)
    3rd skill : Pounce
    4th skill : Flesh Rearm (Raging Bite)

And, what about the 3 exclusive lv 100 skills of this pet?

Monkey has an unlimited claw, does it mean that the monkey can not be applied a claw skill to him?

If it can be applied, then the monkey has a really more superior attack power than a niex.

But.. but he may possess a less HP compared to the Niex.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    Can you give us an explaination about the 2 out of 4 existing skill of the monkey bar skill?
    1st skill : unknown (might refer to Swept Luwe?)
    2nd skill : unknown (might refer to Pressure Top?)
    3rd skill : Pounce
    4th skill : Flesh Rearm (Raging Bite)

And, what about the 3 exclusive lv 100 skills of this pet?

Monkey has an unlimited claw, does it mean that the monkey can not be applied a claw skill to him?

If it can be applied, then the monkey has a really more superior attack power than a niex.

But.. but he may possess a less HP compared to the Niex.

The monkey's skills are the following (translated from PWBRChannel);

Swept Lune: cause physical damage equal to 300% of basic attack power and increase physical attack by 30% for 10 minutes.

Pressure Top: attack all enemies within 6 meters, deals basic physical attack and palayzes enemy for 2 seconds.

Eucharist (exclusive post-evolution skill): reduces damage taken from players by 75% and increases max HP by 30%.

Now, you do have a point...does Claw stack with Swept Lune or not? Does Blessing of the Pack stack with Eucharist or not? If they do I see a rather big imbalance between the Phoenix and the Avatar of War. If it doesn't, the monkey probably still has the upper hand but not as much.
  • helovesu
    edited April 2013
    The monkey's skills are the following (translated from PWBRChannel);

Swept Lune: cause physical damage equal to 300% of basic attack power and increase physical attack by 30% for 10 minutes.

Pressure Top: attack all enemies within 6 meters, deals basic physical attack and palayzes enemy for 2 seconds.

Eucharist (exclusive post-evolution skill): reduces damage taken from players by 75% and increases max HP by 30%.

Now, you do have a point...does Claw stack with Swept Lune or not? Does Blessing of the Pack stack with Eucharist or not? If they do I see a rather big imbalance between the Phoenix and the Avatar of War. If it doesn't, the monkey probably still has the upper hand but not as much.

What are the 2 regular skills after evolution?

The post-evolution should give us 3 more skills (2 regular skills, and 1 exclusive skill which Desdi had mentioned as Eucharist).

I still want to know 3 post-evolution skills for Phoenix and Hercules.
    Is there any informations about that? b:thanks
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    helovesu wrote: »
    What are the 2 regular skills after evolution?

The post-evolution should give us 3 more skills (2 regular skills, and 1 exclusive skill which Desdi had mentioned as Eucharist).

I still want to know 3 post-evolution skills for Phoenix and Hercules.
    Is there any informations about that? b:thanks

Post-evolution the pet gets one exclusive skill and two personality skills, the latter is entirely based on what personality you choose for your pet so it varies. I have a list of them but they are in chinese and google-translate is not helping much.

Phoenix exclusive skill is Fung Wing TianXiang; deals fire damage equal to 165% of attack power, deal triple damage in the air.

Hercules exclusive skill is Full Metal Jacket; attack all targets in straight line, 10 meters and increase threat level (aka aggro), reduce damage taken by 15% for 15 seconds.

I think I'll start preparing a guide/information thread for the upcoming update and post it after it gets released here (including localized names and whatnot).
  • helovesu
    edited April 2013
    It would be very nice if the monkey can apply self-buff "Claw" (does not stuck). b:pleasedb:pleasedb:pleased

Replacing the flesh rearm to Claw sounds crazy (if it were able to do so)
  • gibbertyflibbet
    gibbertyflibbet Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will the freely-obtainable pets still have an advantage over the cash-shopped ones?

I'm planning on rolling a veno and from what I can tell, cash-shopped pets are only good for soloing whereas free pets are good in squads because of the useful debuffs. Will this still be the case?

It's also been implied that the cash-shopped pets may recieve a significant price drop. No rush for me to buy one now, then?
  • dafuq222
    dafuq222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013

lol tower defense.b:surrender
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will the freely-obtainable pets still have an advantage over the cash-shopped ones?

I'm planning on rolling a veno and from what I can tell, cash-shopped pets are only good for soloing whereas free pets are good in squads because of the useful debuffs. Will this still be the case?

It's also been implied that the cash-shopped pets may recieve a significant price drop. No rush for me to buy one now, then?

No, the legendary pets (cashop) will be definitly be better. But, the normal ones should be good enough.
  • helovesu
    edited April 2013

I am afraid that this is some kind of sentiment.
    The boutique cash pets are all beneficial for both solo and team.
    You know that the latter harpy has 2 AoE skills, that will be good for your team mobs.

And even for then, niex can be summoned inside a dungeon. This should be helpful to take down every bosses more quicklyb:chuckle
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013

There are some free pets that are getting upgrades too as well as exclusive skills so some of the regular pets are going to be stronger.
    Legendary pets are still going to be the top tier pets available for solo, pvp and squads but they don't render the regular pets completely useless.

Regardless, I would suggest to wait until the content update arrives here to our version before buying any legendary pets. You might want to save up your coin for the new ones (harpy or monkey) or perhaps the current ones (herc, nix) may have a drop in price like you said.