Very Good. But i have a doubt: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/pet-new/38602.jpg

Will This pet be land?
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    Ecatomb - Lothranis Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Very Good. But i have a doubt: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/pet-new/38602.jpg

Will This pet be land?
    It can only be used in water.
    I used a program to have these skin instead of another one. That's why I took the screnshot in a town and not in water. It's the same for other water pet.
  • dafuq222
    dafuq222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Will the eldergoths evolve?Also,can the cactus still range combat after evolving?b:laugh
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    So it's confirmed that the monkey can fly... I don't think the phoenix will remain as a choice for endgame PvP pet. b:shocked Unless people go for the looks and those, of course, who already have it.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    It can only be used in water.
    I used a program to have these skin instead of another one. That's why I took the screnshot in a town and not in water. It's the same for other water pet.

Okay.
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    dafuq222 wrote: »
    Will the eldergoths evolve?Also,can the cactus still range combat after evolving?b:laugh
    The eldergoth don't evolve.
    The cactus is still ranged after his evolution (20.7m range)
    Harpy is ranged too (27m range), so that's why her atk is low f:melon
  • kenshin151
    kenshin151 Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    The two new battle pets (Harpy and Monkey) not evolve? Or their evolved versions have the same skin of their primary forms? Even if so, it's disappointing.

And still no images of the evolved forms of other pets? Nivastok Shieldbearer, and others?

And that old problem with LOD models, in which the old pets had a low detailing skin compared to the wild mobs, was fixed?
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    kenshin151 wrote: »
    The two new battle pets (Harpy and Monkey) not evolve? Or their evolved versions have the same skin of their primary forms? Even if so, it's disappointing.

And still no images of the evolved forms of other pets? Nivastok Shieldbearer, and others?

And that old problem with LOD models, in which the old pets had a low detailing skin compared to the wild mobs, was fixed?
    Will check after next patch of chinese client, but it was the same skin at the begining.

Evolved pet: 鲲鹏 (harpy), Celestial Giant (Baby Hercules), Heliacal Phoenix (Baby Blazing Phoenix), Avatar of War (Avatar of Might=monkey), 魔纹蝎 (scorpion), 月宫蟾 (froglin), 崔斯特 (Kowlin), 忠良公 (Cuddly Pup), 嘟嘟熊王 (Armored Bear, Shaodu Cub), 永夜徘徊者 (Dark Wanderer), 仙幻离别刺 (cactus), Flaming Crystal (Volcanic Magmite, Crystalline Magmite), Supreme Walker (Glacial Walker), Imperial Skeleton (Derjan's Ancient Hatchling), 豚小白 (Windwalking Piggy), Thorn Bee (Petite Sawfly, Petite Vespin, Petite Waspkin), 幻境神仙鱼 (Asgard Plumpfish, Celestial Plumpfish)

There aren't any other evolved pet atm.
  • dupethefile
    dupethefile Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    kenshin151 wrote: »

According a Chinese Topic that I read some days ago, The harpy and Monkey King elvove, their appearance don't change but they grow up. The monkey King and Harpy are smalls, when they evolve, they become medium-size.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    So many new things, can't catch up!
    Harpy being range is great; we're basically getting a Venomancer version of the Mystic's Storm Mistress (except that Mystics get it for free..).

List of evolve-able pets; that's very handy. Maybe they will add more to that list later although seeing as Venomancers already limit themselves to the top tier pets there might not be a real reason to go further with that. It would be too much work for the developers anyway.
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Oh, so the great monkey king shall be the end game pvp pet.
    Just like what i said, my niex becomes my contigency in case of dead monkey.
    The niex can substitude for a time being while your great monkey dies in a battlefield.

It might be a developer strategy, as a consequency of a new huge path, to publish 2 new seducing pets.
  • dafuq222
    dafuq222 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2013

b:sad I wish they give the eldergoth an evolution...In any case, given the harpy's low atk power, I don't think many venos would be inclined on getting one,regardless of it being ranged and magic dd.
  • helovesu
    helovesu Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    b:sad I wish they give the eldergoth an evolution...In any case, given the harpy's low atk power, I don't think many venos would be inclined on getting one,regardless of it being ranged and magic dd.

Somehow, people are looking for its beauty over the utilization.
    Another says that this pet is really powerful againts monster (PvE type), so this might be good for those venos whose playing style is just to fight againts mobs.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    In any case, given the harpy's low atk power, I don't think many venos would be inclined on getting one,regardless of it being ranged and magic dd.

Don't forget that pets will no longer be about their base stats but also the Venomancer's gear from which the pets gain a boost and of course, there are always the rare pet skills to further boost the performance.

I still think the harpy will be a good PvE pet and even if it has lower attack, having AOE skills will be very very useful in places like GV, Lunar and Warsong.

I'm opting for the harpy first myself since I don't get to PvP as much as I PvE.
  • X_volcano_y - Harshlands
    X_volcano_y - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Don't forget that pets will no longer be about their base stats but also the Venomancer's gear from which the pets gain a boost and of course, there are always the rare pet skills to further boost the performance.

I still think the harpy will be a good PvE pet and even if it has lower attack, having AOE skills will be very very useful in places like GV, Lunar and Warsong.

I'm opting for the harpy first myself since I don't get to PvP as much as I PvE.

Add to that the ability to solo frost in a reasonable amount of time with low expenses.
    A harpy with with strong will rock in that situation.
    My comments about the news:

Herc can fly..YAY thats awsome news-Although i wonder how-i hated doing air quests because of the squishy swafly/ or the useless atk piggy.

I dont understand how the inherit coffecient will affect the pets well ofc i will increase but to what Limit ie will a herc veno be able to solo tt3-3 with r9/g16 gear?

When i heared about atk and defense levels i became concerned about pet damge dealt and recieved vs ? mobs and bosses. will it change?

And can i choose between old and new looks because i luv the herc the way it is compared to the evolution.

and btw People are still selling nixes around 150-200m in HL such rumors should get the prices to the ground as it will no longer be the best pvp pet.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013

Herc can fly..YAY thats awsome news-Although i wonder how-
    I'm scared to know how that fatty will manage to fly b:shocked
    And can i choose between old and new looks because i luv the herc the way it is compared to the evolution.

I question that myself; there are pets such as the Hatchling and the cactus that I don't really want to change the looks of. foxy alone
    and btw People are still selling nixes around 150-200m in HL such rumors should get the prices to the ground as it will no longer be the best pvp pet.

I think the news/rumors haven't hit the markets yet. There are a lot of people who don't even know about the content update in PWCN let alone know about the pet changes.

It may be a good thing for poor Venomancers though...they might be able to get a Phoenix for cheaper, even if the monkey ends up outperforming it. Non top tier gear endgame Venomancers will probably also not care about having the top tier endgame pvp pet. Just assumptions though.
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Pet skin are in the file system. It's linked to other stat of the pet.
    So you can't choose it's skin. Maybe it could change in the future ...
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013

f:stareWoah, Harpy is ranged? I did not know this. I was thinking that the monkey was a lot better than the harpy, but if the harpy is ranged (and 27m...) that will be very useful too...

So, from what I've read here so far, it seems harpy will be like a dd pet, but for pve, because it has an skill that deals 400% of its damage, on mobs only (I think). That pet will be like the mystic's mistress, I guess.

As for the phoenix, I think it will be still a great pet, (and pretty too f:cute)
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    Harpy being ranged too means I won't need my cactus anymore.

Nice to know~
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear
    Sisterreaper - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I really wished that wolfkins appearance improved or generally the wolf pets.

I'm sorry I just love wolves so much b:surrender
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    I don't know... I think there might still be a niche for the cactopods/eldergoths for pulling. We don't know if Harpy has a single target attack that has a 27 meter range, as I understand it she has 27 meter AOE skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    OPKossy wrote: »
    Harpy being ranged too means I won't need my cactus anymore.

Nice to know~

I've very very curious about this. If the harpy has a single target ranged skill or has ranged auto-attack my cactus is definitely getting replaced. That's something good since that cactus was occupying a pet slot just for pulling and nothing else.
  • opkossy
    opkossy Posts: 11,177 Community Moderator
    edited April 2013
    I've very very curious about this. If the harpy has a single target ranged skill or has ranged auto-attack my cactus is definitely getting replaced. That's something good since that cactus was occupying a pet slot just for pulling and nothing else.

Same here. I really hope it has some sort of ranged single target attack and that it's not all AoEs. b:surrender
    (Insert fancy image here)
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    It's the range of normal atk. I added that on the pet-list page. Should I add the food needed too ? f:ponder
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    edited April 2013
    It's the range of normal atk. I added that on the pet-list page. Should I add the food needed too ? f:ponder

Not a must but adding the food will be a nice addition b:pleased
    And damn...so harpy's getting 27m range of normal attack? That's even better than the cactus/eldergoth. Yep, I think my cactus is getting replaced!

EDIT: I updated the first post again; I removed some of the old links that include wrong information or past speculations as well as other sources that are no longer viable or useful. It should be easier to navigate now.
  • Ecatomb - Lothranis
    edited April 2013
    Pet seems to eat the same food after the evolution (checked only hercules and phoenix). Harpy and monkey can eat a lot more food than hercules and phoenix f:grin

Hercule : Meat
    Phoenix : Hay
    Harpy : Meat, Fruit, Pure Water
    Monkey : Meat, Pure Water
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking at the PWBRChannel link in several places in this thread,http://www.pwbrchannel.com/2013/03/reformulacao-no-sistema-de-pets.html
    It now shows the exclusive pet skills much clearer. I think non legendary pets will still be good to have for specific situations, the wind walking pigy gets a 10 meter knock back that works in pvp. Kowlin gets a holy path and 400% evasion, the puppy and dark wanderer both have a mini veil of shadow ( psychic skill) makes them untargetable, there are others too. b:sin
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    Looking at the PWBRChannel link in several places in this thread,http://www.pwbrchannel.com/2013/03/reformulacao-no-sistema-de-pets.html
    It now shows the exclusive pet skills much clearer. I think non legendary pets will still be good to have for specific situations, the wind walking pigy gets a 10 meter knock back that works in pvp. Kowlin gets a holy path and 400% evasion, the puppy and dark wanderer both have a mini veil of shadow ( psychic skill) makes them untargetable, there are others too. b:sin

f:stare wow that's so cool... but I think there won't be enough space in pet bag...f:weep
  • TJTLegend - Archosaur
    TJTLegend - Archosaur Posts: 102 Arc User
    edited April 2013
    f:stare wow that's so cool... but I think there won't be enough space in pet bag...f:weep

b:laugh+1