TW reset every 6 months...

Comments

• ExodusKnight - Archosaur
    ExodusKnight - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    so map reset twice in a year, i think that's reasonable because then other factions get a chance to experience TW too instead of the same factions over and over again. b:victory
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree! IT should be harder for even a full R9 faction to do in 3 hours. Plus I do think the level 3 lands should be even harder. Here's a kick to think about. After taking over the TW lands have random mobs/bosses appear. I mean think about it, You took it over from mobs/bosses don't they want their land back too? The mobs could be programmed to attack either side or both sides. So that both sides not only have to look out for each other but also random attacks by mobs t oo that say attack a certain class or whoever is doing most damage or someone in stealth mode etc... Just a thought. And it can be done. They have something similar in other games.[/COLOR]

If there's gonna be over 100 PvE TWs a year, they really do need to make them a bit more difficult. I just don't see that happening. PvE TW isn't challenging at all. At least Arch and 1k should be. They should be nearly impossible to win.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    this change is better for the life of the game I think it is pretty obvious a in game monopoly just promotes boring non-fighting... and despite what some think eventually it will happen on all servers if left alone.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    gyroki wrote: »
    never met some1 of CQ farming herbs or mats

Decent troll. You are too obvious though.

btw, Lrod hit 100 first not Elayne. Go away scrub.
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    So many colorful alt facs! b:cute

You really need to tell us whose main faction are Outlaw, Amplified, Damnation, Awakening, Seijiitsu, Oldies, Godsbane, Chance, Valkyr, Farmer, Nefarious, conquest, knightrlm alt . But yes having Legendary and Leg&Ary on the same map give credit for a whole server i guess b:sweat
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    PvE TWs are so boring b:sweat

Meh our faction usually tries hard to keep a certain other faction from taking over the entire map, often ignoring the weaker, less big factions; allowing them to fight amongst themselves. Now that one color map is going to be impossible, I'm curious what will the new plan be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree! IT should be harder for even a full R9 faction to do in 3 hours. [/COLOR]

The problem is that if it's difficult for a full R9 faction, it will be practically impossible for a faction of lesser geared players, thereby making R9 virtually a requirement.

I do agree that R9 players should be challenged, but I don't think it should be at the extent of excluding lesser geared players from the event.

However, if PWE were to do like Blizzard and implement a sort of *gear score*, and then base the difficulty of the mobs on the average gear score of the players entering the instance, that would work. Factions of well geared and not-so-well geared players could all receive a challenge this way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    You really need to tell us whose main faction are Outlaw, Amplified, Damnation, Awakening, Seijiitsu, Oldies, Godsbane, Chance, Valkyr, Farmer, Nefarious, conquest, knightrlm alt . But yes having Legendary and Leg&Ary on the same map give credit for a whole server i guess b:sweat

b:kiss
    of the whole server is LG except the 40% that is kirby and his alts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mystic_Man - Harshlands
    Mystic_Man - Harshlands Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    A lot of us in Catalyst simply did TW on alts with other guilds instead (probably the most notable being the Kylin vs. Crimson wars) while waiting for good TWs on our mains.
    You forgot the part where you went back and steamrolled the factions your alts were in. Example: Kylin
    Since you know, you had their vent information, knew their attack patterns from your alt wars against Crimson, how hard was that?
    But at least you admitted that your "alliance" was nothing more than for your own gains; which I'm willing to bet hard cash is what's going to end up happening to Crimson now that this news is out.

I actually think (and I hesitate to use these words together in the same sentence,) that Petal is right about you PLAYERS killing off TW. Catalyst hogged and recruited all the R9's who were worth a darn, and now you whine and moan about having nothing to do.

That's your fault--Not Crimson's, not Kylin's--YOURS. (albeit, they could have stopped whining at one another and worked together to beat you down like you SHOULD have been, but that's besides the point.) YOU decided to do that. YOU decided to take the map. YOU decided to make enemies with everybody on the server.

You were never going to get any TW for your mains. What Catalyst does isn't TW-- It's a five minute B lane push to the enemy crystal! How many factions stacked you last week? Given, some were fake bids, but how many ACTUAL factions stacked you, two, sometimes three at a time? YOU STILL rushed B and won each and every one UNDER TEN MINUTES.

That's not Tw. That's pathetic--and I don't mean the attacking factions.
    Are you so terrified of losing that you have to hoarde all the R9's for yourselves--or are you that self-centered that you feel like you DESERVE the best players on the server?

And you know, it honestly wouldn't be so bad if you all weren't such egomaniacs. At least Kingdom and Zulu had some courtesy--a lowbie could actually have a decent conversation, or hell, even get some help from one of them. Little guys like us could respect people like Jlung, or UrDian, or Nurfed--But not you guys. Now we see people like Curso, or Guna, who kill 3x's for...what, exactly? A Challenge? (Not to say the others didn't, but it wasn't even close to the degree that it happens these days, particularly with the two people I mentioned.)

How your guildies act reflects on your faction...and frankly, everybody thinks you're a bunch of jerks--even if you all don't do it, you're still a bunch of jerks in everybody else's PoV. In fact, I'd be hard pressed to find an average joe from Harshlands who actually LIKED you.

That's why you've gotten your butts stacked. That's why you get ganked out in PvP hotspots, and have to bring in a small army to Silver Pool--and then everybody leaves because you're simply no fun to fight. There's no challenge, no toe-to-toe. That's why you're talked so badly, in and out of forums.

YOU did that, to yourselves.

So while you're busy QQing about how you're going to have to start all over, and how you're going to lose all your money and land (big deal, most of you need money like I need a third eye on my face,) the rest of us are laughing at you.

The Punchline:
    Joke's on you, Catalyst--looks like you really ARE just Zulu with another color, but with leadership that has the combined IQ points of a wet sponge. All that money thrown at the game, all that ego, all that smart talk...and you STILL can't take the map.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=15105911002&dateline=1334936268[/SIGPIC]

Save PWI: 2012
    ttp://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i206/xyz_02/Save%20PWI/

We play this game---We know how to fix it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    b:cryb:cryb:cryb:cryb:cry
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    b:chuckle

Hai Michael b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Its funny the core of a single faction can dominate a server after having played together for years. Shameful, really.

Someone tried to slip us the memo that it was our job to make sure everyone else on the server was having fun, but unfortunately we got it a few years too late.

Im not sure how letting every faction on the server have PVE TWs and 5 minute crystal sprints of their own translates to having fun though.

Oh well, Catalyst wins Harshlands.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The problem is that if it's difficult for a full R9 faction, it will be practically impossible for a faction of lesser geared players, thereby making R9 virtually a requirement.

I do agree that R9 players should be challenged, but I don't think it should be at the extent of excluding lesser geared players from the event.

However, if PWE were to do like Blizzard and implement a sort of *gear score*, and then base the difficulty of the mobs on the average gear score of the players entering the instance, that would work. Factions of well geared and not-so-well geared players could all receive a challenge this way.

That would make them a lot of munay. I'm surprised they didn't do it earlier.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    That would make them a lot of munay. I'm surprised they didn't do it earlier.

Would be to hard to make that happen. And people would manipulate that system to easily. Let me give an example, High levels would put on **** gear or/and have an alt guild bid then after bidding is over change gear and/or invite all the high levels to faction after the fact. Only way the later would not happen is if they extended the time before you could TW with the guild...say a week. Which that part at least IS doable. But having it say gear oriented before the TW people would just put on **** gear and change once they got inside the TW. Unless they could make it where they could tell if gear was changed after the fact and kicked them outa the TW, I don't see this as a viable solution. But I really like the idea.
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Troll much??
    If u want to prove ur skills u r in the wrong game. Play chest instead. PW was never ever about skills. E.g. CQ on LC server was a bunch of heavy CSers RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING!!!! Idc if they dont admit it nowadays. I know it because i talked to them and they WERE PROUD to spent such a huge amount of money - even when they were reliant on welfare state in rl.

The game was about buying gold hp charms and esos, buying herbs from farmers (never met some1 of CQ farming herbs or mats) and they ALL power-lvld their toons as fast as they were able to do it to lvl 99/100, NOTHING was different. And no, there wasnt alot of competition at grinding spots, there were always enough mobs in world. I saw often Elayne (1st who hit 100) grinding at same spot in morning and at same spot when i logged in again in the evening. And he even didnt want to team up with any1, he was like a human bot.

There is no difference if a lvl 100 HH99/+5-7 kills a lvl 8x or a r9/+10 kills a r8/+5. Its also "no skill" to buy a demon/sage or lvl79 skill. Its also no skill to lvl up a skill to lvl 10. Its just expensive, thats it. There was always a bunch of heavy CSer on our server who spent everything, all their rl money and their full lifetime, to beat all others in tw or events. Those sad-life ppl r now pissed. I'm not b:laugh Btw, even if they would spent 24h per day in game and not "just" 18-20, they still would not be "the real gamers". They r the ppl who destroyed the game for many and moved many ppl to leave the game (and now the complain that servers r not stuffed enough...).

lol this is where I say Bitter much. I know for a fact many of them farmed, as I was farming with them. My cleric earned her rep for r8 the old fashioned way, Fb's....We used to have to grind for a level not hyper stone our way through the game. Armor had to be earned, it was not "buyable" for the higher level items, which are now flooding the markets from the packs. I was not CQ back then I was DarkRain. NyKage and Kristoph ***** the server forever in hh70. There were MANY players with MASSIVE skills. Just because you were never exposed to this does not mean they did not exist, or that every member of every big faction cash shopped their way to their armor. This game broke the second they put packs in it. What else is there to do anymore? You dont have to farm out armor, buy packs and you can cover all the event items, buy rep and you have your r8-r9. Anything that was actually worth playing at the beginning has been trashed now for all the " I want it now" people. That is what is killing this game. There is nothing to do in it. Leveling is too easy, armor is buy-able, and any instance that would give you something to do has been dumbed down for the QQing frost babies. THAT KILLED THIS GAME. Not players being smart enough to work as a faction to reap their rewards =\
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Territory Map Reset

Sorry, this fails on more levels than I care to even explain.

I guess their profit margins are higher after a map reset with more nubs wanting to cash shop R9 so they can "participate".

b:laugh All I see is QQ from you, what to expect from a nocturnal no-lifer?

Oh wait... you cash shopped your gears too, b:bye

Who the hell cares :P

Marriage pack sale is more interesting....
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I agree that pve TWs should be made harder, I mean, when the game first started guilds that were basically 5x and 6x were able to take lands. Now that's considered a low lvl. It's easy to BH your way to 6x, so as far as that aspect goes...

But if they do make pve TWs harder (to the extent of r9 guilds being challenged by lvl 3 territories) then they really need to extend the re-set time of the server because it will take longer to take all of the land in the first place.

On a separate note: do they have to reset all servers at the same time? Because if not, they should just monitor each individual server to decide when to re-set. I know, it's an idea that's already been said in this thread. b:surrender I'm just echoing it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    I really enjoyed the PvE TW against a lvl 2 territory last reset. Way more than any of the actual TWs. Yeah, I was in a 'noob' faction, but it was a ton of fun. They can reset it every month for all I care b:chuckle

Oh well, all the QQ is very entertaining too I must say.
  • stereotyper
    stereotyper Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    LOL. I already counted 3 TW alt guilds for the top guild on HT. There is probably more that I don't know of. Heck... I am even thinking of using my alt guild for TW. Going to be a fun FB69 TW and then tab one shot for a few weeks before anyone strong enough will be able to take me on. The average guild out there is not going to stand up against even a single squad of r9s.

You're saying Radiance is the top guild? b:puzzled
  • Skilzman - Heavens Tear
    Skilzman - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Now everybody can have fun with stuppid mobs just like all the other things in the game.
    I gues the wanne kill the player vs player things.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    lol this is where I say Bitter much. I know for a fact many of them farmed, as I was farming with them. My cleric earned her rep for r8 the old fashioned way, Fb's....We used to have to grind for a level not hyper stone our way through the game. Armor had to be earned, it was not "buyable" for the higher level items, which are now flooding the markets from the packs. I was not CQ back then I was DarkRain. NyKage and Kristoph ***** the server forever in hh70. There were MANY players with MASSIVE skills. Just because you were never exposed to this does not mean they did not exist, or that every member of every big faction cash shopped their way to their armor. This game broke the second they put packs in it. What else is there to do anymore? You dont have to farm out armor, buy packs and you can cover all the event items, buy rep and you have your r8-r9. Anything that was actually worth playing at the beginning has been trashed now for all the " I want it now" people. That is what is killing this game. There is nothing to do in it. Leveling is too easy, armor is buy-able, and any instance that would give you something to do has been dumbed down for the QQing frost babies. THAT KILLED THIS GAME. Not players being smart enough to work as a faction to reap their rewards =\

Uve obiviously no idea about the opinion of the majority of ppl who play(ed) this game. U know obviously only the point of view of a major CS faction. Armor and rep was always buy-able - i know it cz i sold thousands of green mats - till today. And LOOOOL @MASSIVE skills. Every real gamer knows that (non-action) mmorpgs have NOTHING to do with personal skills.
    Ppl like u even dont know why so many ppl left the game. Too many saw that it make no sense to compete with ppl who r willing to spent thousands of dollars + whole lifetime for a game. And like to kill unprepared toons who dont fight back. In other games ppl like u dont have this kind of advantage. Games which need REAL skills (= ABILITY!). But ull never understand what im talking about. Ull believe ur own myths forever, like the OP is doing it too (not only in this thread).
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    going To Point Out To You, The Minority Of Heavy Csers As You Call Them, Are What Carries The Game. Point Aside, Most Of The People Complaining About This Are The Ones Who Have Been Here From The Beginning. Over The Years We Have Played, Pwi Has Revamped Itself Numerous Times In Favor Of The "newer Players" Who Came In Versus The Older Player Who Have Been Here Awhile. Back In The Day It Took Skill To Play. Now, It Takes Incessant Amounts Of Qq, Trying To Force Pwi To Change The Game Play To Make It "easier" For All The People With "limited Time And Limited Resources. Packs, R9 In The Cash Shop, Rep In The Cash Shop, Bounty Hunters, Frost Revamp, Nirvana, Phoenix Valley, Etc Etc Etc. All Of This Content Added In For Newer Players. Asking Them To Leave Some Portion Of The Game Alone Is Really Not Too Much To Ask. Yes I Want A Revamp On It Too, But I Completely Understand Where Michael And Them Are Coming From. This Was An Amazing Game Of Skill And Wit Back In The Day. Now, Pwi Is All About The Money And The Content Is Geared Towards The Qqers.

Qftmft
    edited February 2012
    b:chuckle

Hai Michael b:cute

Haidere cutie b:kiss

The point wasn't that all PvE TWs should be harder, but cities like Arch and 1k should be nearly impossible and all of the major cities should be much harder.

If you don't think that's the case, you must never have PvE TW'd.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    The point wasn't that all PvE TWs should be harder, but cities like Arch and 1k should be nearly impossible and all of the major cities should be much harder.

If you don't think that's the case, you must never have PvE TW'd.

Ah, I must have misunderstood then. I thought it was referring to all PVE TWs.

Would be to hard to make that happen. And people would manipulate that system to easily. Let me give an example, High levels would put on **** gear or/and have an alt guild bid then after bidding is over change gear and/or invite all the high levels to faction after the fact. Only way the later would not happen is if they extended the time before you could TW with the guild...say a week. Which that part at least IS doable. But having it say gear oriented before the TW people would just put on **** gear and change once they got inside the TW. Unless they could make it where they could tell if gear was changed after the fact and kicked them outa the TW, I don't see this as a viable solution. But I really like the idea.
    Blizzard's gear score takes into account two scores: equipped and overall (i.e. all the gear your character owns). If the TW difficulty was based on the overall score of the gear the players had, they wouldn't be able to manipulate it by putting on **** gear at the start.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Ah, I must have misunderstood then. I thought it was referring to all PVE TWs.

No. I agree lvl 3 lands should be updated, but it shouldn't be that much more difficult to keep lowbie factions in the running. lvl 2 lands should be much harder than they are. And I think lvl 3 lands should be nearly impossible, to at least give some challenge for end-game factions.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Uve obiviously no idea about the opinion of the majority of ppl who play(ed) this game. U know obviously only the point of view of a major CS faction. Armor and rep was always buy-able - i know it cz i sold thousands of green mats - till today. And LOOOOL @MASSIVE skills. Every real gamer knows that (non-action) mmorpgs have NOTHING to do with personal skills.
    Ppl like u even dont know why so many ppl left the game. Too many saw that it make no sense to compete with ppl who r willing to spent thousands of dollars + whole lifetime for a game. And like to kill unprepared toons who dont fight back. In other games ppl like u dont have this kind of advantage. Games which need REAL skills (= ABILITY!). But ull never understand what im talking about. Ull believe ur own myths forever, like the OP is doing it too (not only in this thread).

If you think PK in PWI doesn't involve at least a little timing and knowledge of skill, then consider why some people simply stand out among the R9 population. There are always R9s that fail as opposed to R9s that can prevail against other R9s. Is it just luck? Higher refines? Personally I think games like DoTA is a lot more skill intensive, but to not at least acknowledge that some players simply play their class better is just pathetic. If you're such a real gamer, then why are you playing PWI? Why aren't you in paying tournaments? All I see here is a non-gamer in denial about how someone else could play a game better.

What EmeraldFire said was absolutely right and you missed the point of that post completely.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited February 2012
    If you think PK in PWI doesn't involve at least a little timing and knowledge of skill, then consider why some people simply stand out among the R9 population. There are always R9s that fail as opposed to R9s that can prevail against other R9s. Is it just luck? Higher refines? Personally I think games like DoTA is a lot more skill intensive, but to not at least acknowledge that some players simply play their class better is just pathetic.

You're arguing with someone that probably thinks C2D requires 'personal skill'. lol But, I'm just guessing this based on their grammar and the sentence "Every real gamer knows that (non-action) mmorpgs have NOTHING to do with personal skills.".
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    If you think PK in PWI doesn't involve at least a little timing and knowledge of skill, then consider why some people simply stand out among the R9 population. There are always R9s that fail as opposed to R9s that can prevail against other R9s. Is it just luck? Higher refines? Personally I think games like DoTA is a lot more skill intensive, but to not at least acknowledge that some players simply play their class better is just pathetic. If you're such a real gamer, then why are you playing PWI? Why aren't you in paying tournaments? All I see here is a non-gamer in denial about how someone else could play a game better.

What EmeraldFire said was absolutely right and you missed the point of that post completely.

nope, u missed the points too. learn to read - im not in mood atm to answer another troll.
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    @Michael
    did u ever think if they make PVE wars harder ( combined with new pve gears ( soon obtainable by CS)) will make them just more profit

@ the troll who never saw CQ farm i says lolololol, and yes Lrod was 1st to hit 100 not Elayne

back then at the time when a r9 char couldn't just solo all bosses and u ACTUALLY needed a barb or a GOOD bm to tank it took skill
    it also took thinking of ur skills not to take agro and die, so saying it never took skills is just wrong
    as for 6 months it's too short and as i said on other thread rewards shold be way higher

on LC i think 3 guilds can hold whole map just with their top guild and alts and have WAY more fun wars then with what are u pulling now

this will just end up in losing more of the player base ( wich is way too thin as it is)
    most of people just log and afk or chat occasionaly and 2x is when there IS some activity (farming on normal drops makes me depressed)

SO instead of trying to fix what ain't broken ( and u do that alot BTW) go try and solve the real problems of this game: low lvls need more content, stop the frost exploits for plvlin, fix some god damn bugs that are here since beta, stop the constant rep/pack/orb sales... in short GET NEW PEOPLE TO PLAY
    there. problem solved.
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    tw is poo pooo

me sin me get one shotted all times b:surrender

nerves get on my nerves