TW reset every 6 months...

Options
12345679»

Comments

• X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I hear fights between GoldDigrz and Enrage on HT were getting really good too, so good the so called number 1 spot is being challenged. Shame this will come to an abrupt end with the reset, at least for afew weeks. Why take the wind out the sails?

I stand by what I said. Monitor each TW map on each server, and reset them separately when they become stagnant. It shouldn't be hard with PWE being a multi million dollar corporation, but these GM and the CM are so ignorant they don't read this thread or this post.

I love you (random mod), don't edit my post, we aren't Communists remember.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think they read quite a bit, it's just that often the hardest QQers post the most, so the various threads of "server owned by 1 guild we should reset" have probably added up.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy, listen to me. The top faction always says they want a good tw, a competitive one. If you check past TW reports you will see this is not the case. They will not choose to go against each other right away.

You are right no one forces anyone. And that is my point. PW doesn't force best factions against each other. This new change will not better TW at all. It will be the same as always was except no incentive to let small factions even own 2 lands. Each large faction will be consuming as much land as possible racing to that 6 months mark.

No one is telling them to attack the weak factions. If an OP guilds wants the dumb prize at the cost of having no real wars that's their own problem.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    No one is telling them to attack the weak factions. If an OP guilds wants the dumb prize at the cost of having no real wars that's their own problem.

Agreed, and +2
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

And it isn't a problem for them either. You guys really think a small faction owning a land for 2 weeks is better than them having 2-3 lands to TW for over a year + is better? Which gives better practice to learn it? No one seems to want to answer that. Because you know dang well they will lose those lands in 1-2 weeks and sit for the next 6 months waiting for the next hand out.

That's pretty much the whole problem. No one wants to try and work for TW greatness, they want it handed to them.

And everyone saying that this is just the big factions complaining, it isn't my faction is lucky to have 90 actual players in it.. like 126 if you count alts.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    work for TW greatness

b:laughb:laugh

OMG I needed that (I actually fell out of my chair on that one) b:surrender

b:laughb:laugh

Like anyone 'works' for TW 'greatness' (unless by 'work' you mean opens their wallet/credit card/bank account to PWE) Since god only knows the 'monopolistic' guilds that take over or almost take over an entire TW map are the heaviest cash shoppers

OMG thanks for that laugh I needed that!
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Since god only knows the 'monopolistic' guilds that take over or almost take over an entire TW map are the heaviest cash shoppers

Not always.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Not always.

True, not always. Though it is pretty common.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I just like the way a few conversations went between me and a few people. I wont name any names but I will say I've had the same result out of two different conversations from two different people.

In regard to Rank 9:

ME: "So, how much did that cost you, refines and all"
    PERSON: "Oh, R9 can totally be 'farmed'"
    ME: "Oh, ok, so how long did it take you to 'farm' it?"
    PERSON: "Oh, I never said *I* 'farmed' it"
    ME: "Oh, ok, so you cash shopped it"
    PERSON: "Yea"

I just like how "it is totally 'farm-able'" as so told by two people, yet ofc they did not, which is I guess how they justified 'buying' it, because well in doing so they just got it quicker and easier =\ IDK

I found it funny....

It's a fact, this game is:

FREE to PLAY
    PAY to WIN

I always hear how it could be free to win (how it could be done), but I would guesstimate that this would take two natural human lifetimes to obtain b:chuckle
  • Leviath_Imp - Lost City
    Leviath_Imp - Lost City Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I PROPOSE, let all the noob factions battle for the bottom 1/2 of the maps. Venge and Insurrect fight for 1k and just keep on twing in that area so we actually have fun tw's. If reset is so often, why not just go for the fun experience rather than the money? we're all rich cash-shoppers anyway :P
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I PROPOSE, let all the noob factions battle for the bottom 1/2 of the maps. Venge and Insurrect fight for 1k and just keep on twing in that area so we actually have fun tw's. If reset is so often, why not just go for the fun experience rather than the money? we're all rich cash-shoppers anyway :P

But if you don't have absolute proof of your superiority, you can't walk around with your epeen exposed and smack people's faces with it. And that's just boring.

And I'm pretty sure quite a few of the "winners" at the game are only doing it for the sake of winning, not the rewards.

b:cute
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Yeah, cause putting all your effort into TW is worth it every reset. I really could use a new mount. (not really)
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yeah, cause putting all your effort into TW is worth it every reset. I really could use a new mount. (not really)

I would hope the follow-up prizes will be better. I think they're just giving away those crappy prizes at first because that's their 'consolation' for not giving any advanced notice about the reset ("so at least 'we' gave you 'something'" kinda thing) b:surrender
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I would hope the follow-up prizes will be better. I think they're just giving away those crappy prizes at first because that's their 'consolation' for not giving any advanced notice about the reset ("so at least 'we' gave you 'something'" kinda thing) b:surrender

So a faction of 200 people will probably get 30 Demon/Sage Event Cards to split between them.

b:victory
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So a faction of 200 people will probably get 30 Demon/Sage Event Cards to split between them.

b:victory

b:laugh ROFL!
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    In the end, I don't think this change is going to make a huge difference on either side of the fence (the other thing to remember, every fence has two sides)... It's not like it's going to make the game die, it's not like it's going to make it blow up in popularity (I don't think so)...

If anything, I think some of the other aspects of this 'expansion' may have bigger impact on the game opposed to this one b:surrender
  • Zgod - Lost City
    Zgod - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hey look mister I'm not rich talking about how he's a rich cash shopper hmmm... But seriously every 6 months reset is dumb it takes 2 months to even tw another faction that's not gonna let you just crystal walk make is every year reset cause there's 54 lands and 54 weeks in a year means a faction could own the whole map again but not very long.
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lost city is a zoo full of carebears that shoot little level 60s and get epeen and pk point
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think anyone would care about the main map if they would just create some kind of inter-server TW map.

Of course, it would never happen, but that would spur far more competition than anyone could imagine. All the big factions would stay off server maps if there were inter-server wars. And it would unify the game as a whole. That might actually breathe a little new life into game.
  • Riverwell - Archosaur
    Riverwell - Archosaur Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I don't think anyone would care about the main map if they would just create some kind of inter-server TW map.

Of course, it would never happen, but that would spur far more competition than anyone could imagine. All the big factions would stay off server maps if there were inter-server wars. And it would unify the game as a whole. That might actually breathe a little new life into game.

That would be awesome, actually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -
    Previous Enemy Executor
    Current SentineI Member
    -
    "I'm sorry, but if you cant aggro control, then you better have the gear/charm to back yourself up. And falling short of that, you simply deserve to die. It's PWI darwinism tbh." - DaKillanator - Raging Tide
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I have to third that motion (I think that would be awesome too) !
  • Transcend - Lost City
    Transcend - Lost City Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's so sad when I hear of other games having interserver wars or pulling people from other servers to start their pvp arena battles b:cry
    youtube.com/transcendpw

Latest Release: Electric Daisy Carnival [20 June 2013]
    Total Videos: 38
    Subscribers: 1,775
    Total Views: 1.21 million

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eldunready - Lost City
    Eldunready - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    What if they allowed attacks on non-contiguous land? So you didn't have to be touching something to attack it? It seems that some of the objections are that people won't necessarily be able to attack a "like level" faction because they start out far apart. What is the purpose of restricting the attacks? If the point is to have "fun wars" then having attacks pop up from all sources in any location would at least generate more wars and therefore statistically, more fun wars. It does negatively affect consolidating and holding territories but given all the dismissal of the rewards, what does that matter? And if one is worried about epeen recognition, just keep track of attack and defense success percentages. Unless we need the colorforms of the map...
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's so sad when I hear of other games having interserver wars or pulling people from other servers to start their pvp arena battles b:cry

Yeah, it's not as if the technology isn't available, it's just that PW doesn't want to put in the effort to make it happen. Either that or they completely lack the skill to do so.