TW reset every 6 months...

Options

Comments

• ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    How about having the larger factions split some people off from them and form new competitive facs...

Easier said than done. Most larger factions are simply a compilation of easy mode winners, that chose insta victory > competitive fun in the fist place-
    re
  • Heartz - Dreamweaver
    Heartz - Dreamweaver Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Q_Q it takes time alrdy getting to the other good factions. first like 2 months are usually wasted on noob factions of 4:50 to 6:00 rolls.. som1 didnt think much about this.. would work if alot of factions had same strentgh, but pwi does not have enough people pr server for this.

more fast boring noob tw's here we come b:angry
    105 - 105 - 105 (14th march 2014)

• LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Q_Q it takes time alrdy getting to the other good factions. first like 2 months are usually wasted on noob factions of 4:50 to 6:00 rolls.. som1 didnt think much about this.. would work if alot of factions had same strentgh, but pwi does not have enough people pr server for this.

+1...
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • deathrider35
    deathrider35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    IDK about other servers, but looks like the big factions may be losing people since they started WCing for more people...b:shocked

Looks like there might be more than 3-4 big facs b:laugh
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i love how people who dont log on are complaining

yay go pwi!

yes i cant spell and i dont give a fock
  • Ceiba - Sanctuary
    Ceiba - Sanctuary Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like the idea of a reset, but every 12 months not every 6, IMHO there should be a map wipe every january, and each TW season should be named after the year (for example: Terriotry War 2012, Terrytory war 2013 etc).

At the end of the 12 months period, the faction that managed to get more lands of their server, will have to fight the respective winners of other servers in cross server wars, the winner of the cross server war of the year will recieve 6 PWIC weapons as prize to distribute among their members b:dirty.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Easier said than done. Most larger factions are simply a compilation of easy mode winners, that chose insta victory > competitive fun in the fist place-
    Then I think they should stop QQing about not having competitive TW in the first place, don't you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • deathrider35
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Then I think they should stop QQing about not having competitive TW in the first place, don't you?

+1
    Noone's forcing them not to have competitive wars. If they want to spend time rolling smaller facs, that's their problem.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I like the idea of a reset, but every 12 months not every 6, IMHO there should be a map wipe every january, and each TW season should be named after the year (for example: Terriotry War 2012, Terrytory war 2013 etc).

At the end of the 12 months period, the faction that managed to get more lands of their server, will have to fight the respective winners of other servers in cross server wars, the winner of the cross server war of the year will recieve 6 PWIC weapons as prize to distribute among their members b:dirty.

I like the way that sounds. +1 o.o
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So yeah, don't be a total **** and let the smaller factions have their fun every now and then. This game isn't just about WINNING and being THE BEST to everyone, for some, it's till about that thing called FUN that maybe you cashshopped away years ago.

LOL. I already counted 3 TW alt guilds for the top guild on HT. There is probably more that I don't know of. Heck... I am even thinking of using my alt guild for TW. Going to be a fun FB69 TW and then tab one shot for a few weeks before anyone strong enough will be able to take me on. The average guild out there is not going to stand up against even a single squad of r9s.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Say goodbye to competitive TWs. It's just going to be big factions crystal walking tiny factions for 6 months.

It does take at least 6 months for the major players to emerge. The first 3 months of a map reset are never competitive wars.

I dislike arguing with you, but competitive TW's are no fault of the developers*, but the fault of the players.

*We could argue that, based off CERTAIN items they've released, that it is their fault, which, I won't deny--but this is a Tw QQ thread. I give the developers some credit, they managed to do something that keeps things interesting...upon which, I use the word interesting in hesitation....

If you want competitive wars, why don't people think smart about which people are going into which faction? People complain about wars being too hard (or worse, and what I REALLY hate people whining about, wars being too easy--) but do nothing about it. The developers only partially control the way TW goes when they release gear, but it's the responsibility of the MANAGERS of the factions to keep things balanced.

Split the heavy guns into factions that CAN'T devour the map in less than a year. Stop accepting bandwagoning sore losers from other factions who are only there for TW wins.

EVERY faction should do what they can to stop bandwagoning--PERIOD. If you could win without all these guildhoppers before, you could win without them afterwards. If they don't like the way their faction runs, they can make their own--but it's the PLAYERS who control the Tw map, when they make the choice in recruiting.

If you want an exciting, competitive TW, stop being greedy-->hoarding all the R9's to yourself, and quit whining about how Tw isn't fun anymore.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So only the top CS guilds are crying? Not bad, because I agree with the reset.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You don't seem to understand the problem. There wouldn't be a problem of "everyone piling into the one good faction" if the server simply had more population and activity. In an active PW game, everyone with top gear shouldn't be able to fit into one faction. The "band wagon" problem would simply away with if game can become GOOD.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Sjuggs - Lost City
    Sjuggs - Lost City Posts: 617 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    You don't seem to understand the problem. There wouldn't be a problem of "everyone piling into the one good faction" if the server simply had more population and activity. In an active PW game, everyone with top gear shouldn't be able to fit into one faction. The "band wagon" problem would simply away with if game can become GOOD.

But that's how it is, Ins... is where all the best geared players are going and 2 other guilds barely have enough r9s to fight them back (though they are losing)

That's how im seeing it, so again reset thing was a great idea
  • Slickery - Dreamweaver
    Slickery - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

+1

I hope that the noob factions actually show up for defence this time. I need to pad my stats b:thanksb:laugh
  • deathrider35
    edited February 2012
    Options
    But that's how it is, Ins... is where all the best geared players are going and 2 other guilds barely have enough r9s to fight them back (though they are losing)

That's how im seeing it, so again reset thing was a great idea

Pretty much describes Sanctuary. Certain faction can pretty much double defense against other top 2 facs and still attack and win.
  • HappysHAIL - Harshlands
    HappysHAIL - Harshlands Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The problem with having "competitive" TWs is that server populations at the moment simply dont support more than one - two dominant factions. Its always going to be true that power and strength attract others to it. This is why you see so many "geared" players flocking to the few dominant factions on each server.

PWI has used claims of increasing the "competitiveness" as justification for the numerous rank and d.orbs sales over the past year. Unfortunately, while this does pad their pocket books it also serves to alienate a rather significant portion of the playerbase as well. And, for those individuals who are unable to continue cash shopping or no-life farming, or simply unwilling to do so, it creates an increasing level of disparity between the "casual" players that are typically found within mid-sized factions and the larger, dominate, "geared" factions.

As far as Im concerned, the best way to increase competition is to increase the playerbase. As has always been true, when there is a scarcity of resources (In this case TW / lands) with high demand there will always be an increase in competition. Unfortunately, there is no longer a large influx of new players to PWI like there was two years ago.

If you want to increase competition, and create a competitive TW scene, start merging the servers.

Six month resets will be dominated by middling crystal sprints and five minute TWs. Regardless of the size of the factions involved, there are simply not enough players on each server to create a competitive scene in such a short amount of time. In truth, when you know you're going to lose something in such a short time, why bother competing for it? Why work for something you know is going to be taken away?
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm sure all servers have different reasons for being upset/pleased with this announcement.

On Sanctuary the problem is that one of the major 3 factions truly enjoys competitive TW's, while the opposing two factions of near equal strength seem only interested in land. Despite the fact that they can 2v1 and win (while one of the 2 is guaranteed to lose a land) each week. Due to this a pseudo-boycott versus the faction getting double team has emerged, which means the competitive faction no longer gets any TW fun because the other two factions are more interested in whatever they claim to be interested in.

The future of TW on Sanctuary if continuing down it's current path doesn't look to be all that entertaining for some of our larger factions x) Once the small factions get knocked off after the reset(s).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The future would have been entertaining indeed if some faction joins in a picnic of triple attack, which really hasn't happened yet.

As for double defending...sometimes one of the attacking factions fields like 30 people...sooo go figure man. If the other two can show up with full 80 it's a decent fight. Unfortunately the faction that can't field much people suffered drama and emptying of officers as well as bank....but there are plenty of other factions that can field close to 80 at the moment. Sanct was in no danger of being uninteresting.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Resets are fine, they can even be good. Every 6 months is too fast.
    Just adding my voice to whoever has any control takes it int account.

Btw, after the last reset, my faction had at least 3 alt factions holding land.

In the end this is just a sales pitch to make more people want to buy rank 9. But it has such a negative impact on competition, it will probably turn out to be counter productive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    6 servers fighting for territory on one cross-server TW map could spark some competition.
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There's usually one faction, or maybe two, per server where the top-geared (and top-skilled, if everyone had the same gears) players tend to flock. Primary reason for that is, in the end, people don't care for competitive TW nearly as much as being able to win it and get the associated prizes. That's why I lol'd so hard when they first changed the TW rewards to mirages, way back when. But either way, you can't judge the population of a server just by how many r9s it has. You've got to look at the larger population, especially people who have been turned off from serious PVP because of the frankly ridiculous barriers to entry.

And as far as wishing for the game to "become good," well, I'm gonna have to tell you to get in line. Non-"top" geared players have been screwed over in quite a number of ways since the devs started to suck. And now something works out not-necessarily to the top guilds' advantage, but all they have to do to adapt is actually live up to the spirit of competitive TW that they so often trumpet. If you ask me, they're getting off easy. All PW* is doing is calling their bluff. If they really wanted to **** over the top guilds, they'd reset everyone's gear to NPC stuff the minute they enter the instance (actually, I'd love to see that, it would be hilarious).
    If you want competitive wars, why don't people think smart about which people are going into which faction? People complain about wars being too hard (or worse, and what I REALLY hate people whining about, wars being too easy--) but do nothing about it. The developers only partially control the way TW goes when they release gear, but it's the responsibility of the MANAGERS of the factions to keep things balanced.

Split the heavy guns into factions that CAN'T devour the map in less than a year. Stop accepting bandwagoning sore losers from other factions who are only there for TW wins.

EVERY faction should do what they can to stop bandwagoning--PERIOD. If you could win without all these guildhoppers before, you could win without them afterwards. If they don't like the way their faction runs, they can make their own--but it's the PLAYERS who control the Tw map, when they make the choice in recruiting.

If you want an exciting, competitive TW, stop being greedy-->hoarding all the R9's to yourself, and quit whining about how Tw isn't fun anymore.
    This post wins the thread, IMO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    6 months is not time enough for any faction to "take the board" and where this is the goal of most factions TWing now, a 6 month reset period might very well end the larger factions willingness to participate. There is a lot of preparation that goes into every character file used (pots, charms, refines, armor, weapons) and not allowing for time for "total domination" defeats the purpose of Twing to begin with.

As for allowing for factions to have to defend more than 3 lands..Why would they do this? There is abuse on a grand scale of fake bids by alt factions, allied factions, etc. They need to change the way the times are set now as it is.

The only way I can see this as being "fair" to smaller factions and to the larger factions, make separate tw boards for comparative factions, or make cross server tw wars, adding in the factor that larger factions can compete with other larger factions, faction with mid level gear can compete with other mid leveled gear factions etc. I realize this would be a massive programming issue because the server were set up the way they were to begin with (totally separate), and a lot of "same name issues" would have to be dealt with, but it would be worth the headache to allow your player base to compete at comparative levels.

Half the time when a larger faction goes into a tw, 2 people have shown up for it anyway. This is a waste of time and resources, as it is usually one of the other larger factions who have paid said faction to bid to begin with. They do not show up for these, and viola, my Friday night at the movies got put off.
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    A lot of people seemed to have missed a key element in why it's going to be a 6 month period instead of a year. This is so that they can tell who takes the MOST land and reward that guild for their hard work at obtaining so many lands in a short amount of time (even though the majority of the lands would of been won in a PvE fight instead of PvP fighting).

This allows PWE to say they are trying to control the TW to help promote competition while also helping line their pockets with more cash (and as we know, they love more cash). From this though, we do gain the ability to see a bunch of factions that have never had a chance at owning a TW land at least feel somewhat accomplished in owning a land (even for a week). Making them feel like they, at least at one point, where part of the big dogs. This then occurs a feeling of want into the playerbase (in the smaller factions mainly) to gear up their characters so that they can take land again, or better yet hold their already gotten land from the other "Big Dogs" and prove they are hell on wheels.

So in a tl;dr for most of these people:

6 month time period to help put a desire to spend cash, merchant, or farm better and higher gear for TW competition; while also lining PWE's pockets.
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just going to point out to Frankie, it is no longer just Lost City wanting to get at these other servers, they want at us equally bad now.

Cross server competitions on an actual physical competition level would be amazing for this game.If PW really wants to keep this game going, and not just continue to milk the current player base, they need to spark the interests of both the current player base, as well as people who are player other games from other companies. The "TW" concept is one that is popular in most games that are doing well, and revamping our system to allow for real competition across the game, could bring in not only a larger player base, but more revenue. Bottom line is the dollar is it not?

The character creation module you have in this game is one of the best I have seen, and is a huge draw in point for this game. Open up that module, allow for cross server wars, cross server competitions, charge for these services if you must. I know we would gladly pay for the opportunity to utilize such a system. You could even go so far as to make it a new subscriber only service, charging a monthly fee for factions to participate in cross server tw's, and players to be able to participate in cross server functions for a fee as well. I would be happy with that. Just give us a chance to save our damn game =(
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Just going to point out to Frankie, it is no longer just Lost City wanting to get at these other servers, they want at us equally bad now.

That's not new. It's always been that way. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And as far as wishing for the game to "become good," well, I'm gonna have to tell you to get in line. Non-"top" geared players have been screwed over in quite a number of ways since the devs started to suck. And now something works out not-necessarily to the top guilds' advantage, but all they have to do to adapt is actually live up to the spirit of competitive TW that they so often trumpet. If you ask me, they're getting off easy. All PW* is doing is calling their bluff. If they really wanted to **** over the top guilds, they'd reset everyone's gear to NPC stuff the minute they enter the instance (actually, I'd love to see that, it would be hilarious).

Non top geared players have more opportunities than ever before to become top geared. Rank 9 is in the boutique almost constantly, any active player that want it can pretty much get it with time and activity. Like I said before, on Sanct I see players in non-TW guilds that are full R9 +10. People are starting to have alts that are in R9. Saying the game is not good refers to the game sucking so bad the population on some servers is simply low.

Top guilds can certainly take advantage of this by simply carving the map with alt guilds. It doesn't change things one bit for servers that were not active enough to challenge the top guild in the first place. All the empty servers are going to do is have PvE tw then ***** as a R9 alt squad takes away land from their whole guild. You will never have competitive TW without enough players on the server.

Am I actually mad about the effect of this change on my faction? No..because my server is active enough to have decent TW reset or no reset. I'm simply complaining because this is yet another attempt by PWI to mask the real problem (dying servers) by imposing some stupid rule.
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ummmm... You know what? It's the lols when you see a faction FAIL at PVE TW.

So yeah, don't be a total **** and let the smaller factions have their fun every now and then. This game isn't just about WINNING and being THE BEST to everyone, for some, it's till about that thing called FUN that maybe you cashshopped away years ago.

and by fun you mean getting *** ***** by top factions on week 2. Sounds awesome i must say. I love how when some people disagree with another person they always gotta add a "you cash shopper" comment in.
  • Willbert - Dreamweaver
    Willbert - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Still think if a faction holds a land it should be fought for due to a faction bid or reclaiming of the hordes on a weekly bases .

PWi is about players. .not factions or who is most knowledgeable or the richest.

Should be and must be about each players and their diverse contribution to the gaming community.

There are individuals who wish to see certain dynamics of the game based on what THEY or a small group of individuals want out of the game to be. That is their prerogative but not that of the others who invest what they can with limited time and/or resources.

I applaud PWi for finally allowing others in game to contribute with what they have to offer to make it fun for themselves and their friends.

To those who feel there is no challenge in TW until two equal opposing forces merge.. Then expedite it by going after each other instead of QQing about it. Fuzzy is right... now is a good time to talk the talk or walk the walk by leading by example.

No longer will some factions hold a strong player base due to being the only faction who can TW.. Now .. Players will have a choice and will not have to ser-come to others rules and a$$ kissing to do what some like to do, TW for the fun of it. Seen too many times where faction officers and leaders have USED their members to their own advantage..

Now maybe the player base, nubs as some call them who are not umber, can have fun and do things in the scope where only the selfish and greedy kept to themselves and small circle of "friends".

Look forward to the coming months, years of exploring PWi.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The map reset should be based on the lands.
    With 51 lands it should be 51 weeks then reset.
    I am sure everybody would agree with that.

Nope, i dont agree with that. And most ppl i talked about it in game r happy with 6 months, 6 months r more than enough, uni-color on map is not wanted by the majority. The minority of heavy-CSers (which call each other "the real players" like michael (LOOOOOOLZ!!!) dislike it ofc. Just GTFO this game if dont like the changes, the majority appreciates it b:pleased