TW reset every 6 months...

Options

Comments

• Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So this is what the map looked like on HL right after the map reset.

This is what the map looked like six months later.

This is what it looks like now. (Grey = Catalyst, Green = Crimson, Purple = CrimsonJr...which isn't really related to Crimson beyond the name.)

Those first six months were mostly boring steamrolls because of the reasons Michael stated earlier in the thread. A lot of us in Catalyst simply did TW on alts with other guilds instead (probably the most notable being the Kylin vs. Crimson wars) while waiting for good TWs on our mains. Six months is just not long enough to have proper competition. Even nine months would be better than six. But ideally, if you're going to reset it regularly, make it one year.

And as much as I'd hate to admit it, the unfortunate thing is that we probably do need to merge servers. So pretty much just merge all the east coast servers into two- one PVP and one PVE. Give people a choice as to which server to go to and emphasize that it is a permanent choice. They will not be able to switch after the choice is made. Same thing for the west coast servers except they might be able to get away with two PVE servers. I honestly don't know. The only other alternative to this would be cross-server TWs, but we all know that won't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    gyroki wrote: »
    Nope, i dont agree with that. And most ppl i talked about it in game r happy with 6 months, 6 months r more than enough, uni-color on map is not wanted by the majority. The minority of heavy-CSers (which call each other "the real players" like michael (LOOOOOOLZ!!!) dislike it ofc. Just GTFO this game if dont like the changes, the majority appreciates it b:pleased

Going to point out to you, The minority of heavy CSers as you call them, are what carries the game. Point aside, most of the people complaining about this are the ones who have been here from the beginning. Over the years we have played, PWI has revamped itself numerous times in favor of the "newer players" who came in versus the older player who have been here awhile. Back in the day it took skill to play. Now, it takes incessant amounts of QQ, trying to force PWI to change the game play to make it "easier" for all the people with "limited time and limited resources. Packs, R9 in the cash shop, rep in the cash shop, bounty hunters, frost revamp, nirvana, phoenix valley, etc etc etc. All of this content added in for newer players. Asking them to leave some portion of the game alone is really not too much to ask. Yes I want a revamp on it too, but I COMPLETELY understand where Michael and them are coming from. This was an AMAZING game of skill and wit back in the day. Now, PWI is all about the money and the content is geared towards the QQers.
  • Dumpfback - Sanctuary
    Dumpfback - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The reason why maps look unicolor is simply WTJ(winning team jioning).
  • EmeraldFire - Lost City
    EmeraldFire - Lost City Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Frankie, here is a simple solution. Have them open up a new server for end game players to jump to. Charge us 20 bucks to switch our characters to the server to help cover the costs, and in the long run, that sever will more than pay for itself as it will have all the "cash shoppers" with it. Then the other servers economies can fail, as all the cash shoppers jumped to the new server for competition, you can start merging them downward.

End QQ. End game (atm) geared players will be off the other servers giving the "little guys" a "fair chance". On the new "end game" server you can place new content geared towards the higher lvl players, and on the "old servers" you can place new content geared toward the lower to mid level =)
  • Kanmi - Sanctuary
    Kanmi - Sanctuary Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    3-4 Months? Sanctuary was down to top 4-5 factions within 5 weeks.

Stop exaggerating.

Sanctuary 5 weeks after reset... b:sweat
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Non top geared players have more opportunities than ever before to become top geared. Rank 9 is in the boutique almost constantly, any active player that want it can pretty much get it with time and activity. Like I said before, on Sanct I see players in non-TW guilds that are full R9 +10. People are starting to have alts that are in R9. Saying the game is not good refers to the game sucking so bad the population on some servers is simply low.

Top guilds can certainly take advantage of this by simply carving the map with alt guilds. It doesn't change things one bit for servers that were not active enough to challenge the top guild in the first place. All the empty servers are going to do is have PvE tw then ***** as a R9 alt squad takes away land from their whole guild. You will never have competitive TW without enough players on the server.

Am I actually mad about the effect of this change on my faction? No..because my server is active enough to have decent TW reset or no reset. I'm simply complaining because this is yet another attempt by PWI to mask the real problem (dying servers) by imposing some stupid rule.
    The funny thing about this is, a lot of people would be more competitive if the gear system weren't so pathetically broken, but that's beside the point.

How many people do you think HT and Sanctuary have, exactly? Quantify that for me. I would agree that those two have a much more thriving and stable population than, say, Archosaur (lol), but that's because PWE jumped the gun and released new servers way too often once they figured out that a few sad individuals will gleefully cough up ungodly amounts of cash if it means they can be TEH BEST on the new server. XD So it's not that we have a population problem, per se, it's that the people we have are spread too thin.

But even so, look around at the people you see wearing r9 versus the people who you see NOT wearing r9. Then tell me with a straight face that anyone who wants r9 can get it (and that's assuming they all want it - I'm certainly not the only one who wouldn't get it if you paid me).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Anyone who wants R9 and actively works for it can get it in time. I will say that with a straight face.

I'm not even a very active player myself. I play less than 2 hours a day, and pretty much miss all the highly lucrative weekly events. The last 2x all I did was a couple of 99 runs with a friend of mine, resulting in 30m at most when there are players who farmed hundreds of millions in a single weekend. With that level of activity I have R9 without having payed anything. Granted I don't have full R9 yet, but it's achievable in the future.

Imagine how fast a player who

moderately cash shops
    plays 5 hours a day
    attends events
    farm instances during 2x

can get R9.

A lot of players are like that. If you have a busy schedule and don't get to play a lot, then you shouldn't expect to do better in a game than people who can play more.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Apparently some servers don't have enough people to field more than one serious TW faction, so everyone else will be punished for this.

Our faction just got on the map and we were hoping to take it away from the other guilds. Now it's just a give away freebie.

Way to kill end-game content.

What took you so damn long?

If you'd just got off your @ss and done something beside whine you could have owned the map by now.

No problem, just tell us when you're done taking over the map, and *then* we can reset.

\gotta be kidding me
    \\honestly surprised you're playing still
    \\\assumed you were another one of those "I don't play the game anymore, but still troll the forums" types
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    *Waits for the rewards to be 10* 11* 12* orbs, Gen Summers Tokens and Medals for top faction after 6 months which will then proceed with EVERYONE saying OMG what a brilliant idea go PWI*

b:avoid
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Anyone who wants R9 and actively works for it can get it in time. I will say that with a straight face.

I'm not even a very active player myself. I play less than 2 hours a day, and pretty much miss all the highly lucrative weekly events. The last 2x all I did was a couple of 99 runs with a friend of mine, resulting in 30m at most when there are players who farmed hundreds of millions in a single weekend. With that level of activity I have R9 without having payed anything. Granted I don't have full R9 yet, but it's achievable in the future.

Imagine how fast a player who

moderately cash shops
    plays 5 hours a day
    attends events
    farm instances during 2x

can get R9.

A lot of players are like that. If you have a busy schedule and don't get to play a lot, then you shouldn't expect to do better in a game than people who can play more.
    But that's not what we were talking about, was it? We were talking about why all the R9s seem to be concentrated in one or two factions per server, and your argument was that there simply weren't enough people to fill the spots. Well, apparently there are, but they just don't put in the time/money to acquire R9 for whatever reason. So which is it? In your preconceived scenario, are there not enough people, or are there enough people but you just consider 95% of them to be idiots?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I, for one, like the change... multiple wars on different days will be nice instead of the average. .. 1 or 2 a weekend that last for 15 minutes and are done.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Boo, KR had one poopy geen colour. Gets reminded and shivers XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I honestly don't think this allows for more competition, it just allows those who aren't serious about competition to participate in TW more regularly. There's quite a distinction between the two, really.

This is just a last resort grab for cash. This may push other people in less-serious guilds to gear up for TW.

And to the clueless little guy who said I QQ about everything, well that's about as wrong as you can get. I didn't complain about SP PvP. I don't participate on a majority of QQ threads. I'm not on the goon glitch thread either. lol. However, I did disapprove the last changes to TW, which I was completely right about in the end.

Reset isn't a bad thing for a stagnant map, but not many maps are currently stagnant.

On LC, Instinct basically fell apart and people are getting free lands, yet none of the smaller guilds are even trying to take any from them... our faction recently got on the map and our first real war will be tonight. A reset at this point is going backwards for our server.

End QQ. End game (atm) geared players will be off the other servers giving the "little guys" a "fair chance". On the new "end game" server you can place new content geared towards the higher lvl players, and on the "old servers" you can place new content geared toward the lower to mid level =)

This is actually a pretty decent idea.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    But that's not what we were talking about, was it? We were talking about why all the R9s seem to be concentrated in one or two factions per server, and your argument was that there simply weren't enough people to fill the spots. Well, apparently there are, but they just don't put in the time/money to acquire R9 for whatever reason. So which is it? In your preconceived scenario, are there not enough people, or are there enough people but you just consider 95% of them to be idiots?

No, inactive does not mean a server has no players at all, it means a server does not have enough active players who are interested in playing and competing.

Of all the players around you without R9,

some of them are new
    some of them are alts
    some of them don't have time to play
    some of them don't care about gear
    some of them just chat with people and afk

The latter 3 doesn't count as "active player." You can't expect people to do nothing and get R9, you can't expect people who don't even care to have top gear to get R9 handed to them. Go look at the celestial tiger rankings on various servers, how many class rankings don't even have the top 20 spots filled? How many people with 0 contrib gets placed on the top 20 spots? That's what I mean by inactivity. It is partially because there are not enough players on the server period (Archosaur), but it's also partly because the game is unattractive and players who are online are not actively playing.

Consider the time Sanct got dominated by 1 guild. Anni packs came, and the competing faction became a definite loss against the big faction overnight because of the number of players that just outright quit. A lot more players stopped farming and only signed on to talk, much less wanted to compete in PvP and TW. That's how it was until players recovered from Anni packs. From that you can see how a change decreased server activity to such a point that the map became dominated. The game needs to be good and worthy of active play so more people will actively play.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    A lot more players stopped farming and only signed on to talk, much less wanted to compete in PvP and TW.

It would seem to Fuzzy that you gloss over the point that semi-frequent resets may very well be a big encouragement for lesser geared players to work harder on their gear etc since they will have the opportunity to participate in an aspect of the game they are currently more or less frozen out of. Over time, this effect would contribute to many more semi-stronger guilds which in turn builds up the "competitive" factor.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    It would seem to Fuzzy that you gloss over the point that semi-frequent resets may very well be a big encouragement for lesser geared players to work harder on their gear etc since they will have the opportunity to participate in an aspect of the game they are currently more or less frozen out of. Over time, this effect would contribute to many more semi-stronger guilds which in turn builds up the "competitive" factor.

There are not enough players on the servers for this to start to change. If they wanted to really start building up TWs they need to start getting more of an influx of unique players instead of power leveled alts.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Alt Factions vs Alt Factions GOOOOO
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I never understood why people complain before something is even implemented. Yea sure past events might have indications as to what "MIGHT" happen, but no one knows for sure how this is going to play out. People have adjusted their playing styles before and they will do so again.

Trying the new changes out and then complaining seems like it would make more sense. It's like people talking about how horrible part 2 of a movie is before it's even released and then when they go and see it they are pleasantly surprised.

I don't know if this is going to be a posative change or not. But I do recognize that this is a move by PW to include a large majority of people into some thing that has been over saturated by the Elite. It's obvious that no name factions are tired and have no desire in fighting or trying to dethrone a faction that has consistantly beaten the competition no matter who it is.

And yes it will encourage players to buy High end gear. I don't see why people see that as a bad thing. If anything it gives the elitest more competition because now there are more people to fight against that are on their lvl.

And lastly no one said this is a perm change. If anything after it has been out for a few they might see the issues and change it for the better. At least they are doing something. Everyone complains that PW does nothing to encourage playing. But when they do people just moan about it because it's not exactly what they want. This games for everyone not just the High lvls and Vetern players.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There are not enough players on the servers for this to start to change. If they wanted to really start building up TWs they need to start getting more of an influx of unique players instead of power leveled alts.

Agreed. So now people will be able to TW on multiple alts if times don't get mixed up. I don't see how so many people who don't care about TW will start caring. They might TW just to get a land or two once every six months. But I guess we'll see.

Just judging by the amount of responses for any issue that pops up, there just isn't as many playing. A year and a half ago, there were over 4000 responses to TW changes in a relatively short amount of time. This thread will be lucky to hit 400 responses.

And lastly no one said this is a perm change. If anything after it has been out for a few they might see the issues and change it for the better. At least they are doing something. Everyone complains that PW does nothing to encourage playing. But when they do people just moan about it because it's not exactly what they want. This games for everyone not just the High lvls and Vetern players.

How can you be so naive? You've been here since 2008 you said? It took them a year to fix TW the last time they screwed it up even though they new relatively soon that they broke it. And this change is far more drastic than the last one. Just saying xP
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

So many colorful alt facs! b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »

This will greatly depend on if TW is made so that the first one is a challenge and the guild must work together as a team to kill the mobs and boss's inside the TW. Make it so that one class (Seeker or Sin) doesn't monopolize the TW and make all classes useful again. And make it so you actually have to know WTH your doing with your class and with your squad. Working as a TEAM needs to be a factor. Most people who are playing now power leveled there and might not even have been around for the first TW's. Make it a challenge again, we at the beginning didn't know who would even tank what boss until we got there.

If you leave the mobs the way they were in the beginning of PW game onset one person will solo it. One person or one squad WILL just go in and wipe out the entire TW in no time. Thus still making it STILL a one faction map because the faction with the most money and highest players will just win the TW bids and win all the locations. I am pleased that you will be balancing out the classes as well. This is long overdue with the addition of the new classes. (new to me...since I am just coming back into the game after 2 years MIA)

Overall I am excited about seeing how this whole thing progresses. Good Job guys! --love, stazzy
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Slivaf - Dreamweaver
    Slivaf - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,106 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is truly interesting.

Not sure if anyone has posted this tidbit yet, but when you think about it, NO faction can hold more than 24 lands in that 6 month time frame provided they never lose an attack, or defense. Granted the strongest faction on each server has been able to do that pretty much since they started twing it's hard to believe that they wont ever lose again. They will even need to pick their attacks very carefully, and ganks should at least in theory become a bit more difficult to defend against, especially if 2 factions are tied, or close to it for the most lands. The "ganks" at least on dreamweaver have become increasingly harder for the top faction to defend against, granted their has been a bit of a power dip inside of it.

It is really sad that it has come to this though, just shows how much some people couldn't come together and be strong enough to go back and forth with the strongest faction on their respective server.
    Ah, Mistakes are so easily made. ~ laura resnick

What kind of message are you sending when you insult my intelligence? ~ Me ~ 5/29/2015 (Yes it is possible someone said this before just no idea who/where.)
    edited February 2012
    Options

This will greatly depend on if TW is made so that the first one is a challenge and the guild must work together as a team to kill the mobs and boss's inside the TW. Make it so that one class (Seeker or Sin) doesn't monopolize the TW and make all classes useful again. And make it so you actually have to know WTH your doing with your class and with your squad. Working as a TEAM needs to be a factor. Most people who are playing now power leveled there and might not even have been around for the first TW's. Make it a challenge again, we at the beginning didn't know who would even tank what boss until we got there.

If you leave the mobs the way they were in the beginning of PW game onset one person will solo it. One person or one squad WILL just go in and wipe out the entire TW in no time. Thus still making it STILL a one faction map because the faction with the most money and highest players will just win the TW bids and win all the locations. I am pleased that you will be balancing out the classes as well. This is long overdue with the addition of the new classes. (new to me...since I am just coming back into the game after 2 years MIA)

Overall I am excited about seeing how this whole thing progresses. Good Job guys! --love, stazzy

It would probably take 3 R9 to take a level 3 land. You do need to clear 3 lanes and all the bosses in 3 hours. One person might not be able to finish it all alone. And there is that one boss that likes to random aggro one-shot people, or is that on the level 2 land... I forget.

In any event, a PvE war isn't going to be any difficulty except for the smallest of lowbie factions. Any decent and active faction should be able to win a PvE war without even trying. Level 3 is like, lvl 40 mobs? I forget.... it's been a while since I've been in a PvE war.

This is truly interesting.

Not sure if anyone has posted this tidbit yet, but when you think about it, NO faction can hold more than 24 lands in that 6 month time frame provided they never lose an attack, or defense. Granted the strongest faction on each server has been able to do that pretty much since they started twing it's hard to believe that they wont ever lose again. They will even need to pick their attacks very carefully, and ganks should at least in theory become a bit more difficult to defend against, especially if 2 factions are tied, or close to it for the most lands. The "ganks" at least on dreamweaver have become increasingly harder for the top faction to defend against, granted their has been a bit of a power dip inside of it.

It is really sad that it has come to this though, just shows how much some people couldn't come together and be strong enough to go back and forth with the strongest faction on their respective server.

Likewise, on LC it's unlikely that one faction would ever be able to hold the map again because there are far too many high level chars and it's unlikely that any new superfaction could exist that could take on the other TW guilds if they decide to double or triple attack.

Then again, this version of PW wasn't a reason for the change at all. I'd be interested in what the Chinese have to say about this.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

How can you be so naive? You've been here since 2008 you said? It took them a year to fix TW the last time they screwed it up even though they new relatively soon that they broke it. And this change is far more drastic than the last one. Just saying xP

It's not being navie it's being optimistic, unlike yourself who seems very pessimistic

it doesn't matter how long it took them to fix it, They fixed it(even if it might have been a botched fix, which I am not saying it was).

It will probably take them over a year to change anything on this alteration seeing how it only happens twice a year.

If anything it's a breath of fresh air to those who want to be a part of TW but can't find a faction that is willing to do TW due to those factions having given up on trying to go against these Uber factions. This move is for the little guys and not the uber players which I commend them for.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It would probably take 3 R9 to take a level 3 land. You do need to clear 3 lanes and all the bosses in 3 hours. One person might not be able to finish it all alone. And there is that one boss that likes to random aggro one-shot people, or is that on the level 2 land... I forget.

In any event, a PvE war isn't going to be any difficulty except for the smallest of lowbie factions. Any decent and active faction should be able to win a PvE war without even trying. Level 3 is like, lvl 40 mobs? I forget.... it's been a while since I've been in a PvE war.

Likewise, on LC it's unlikely that one faction would ever be able to hold the map again because there are far too many high level chars and it's unlikely that any new superfaction could exist that could take on the other TW guilds if they decide to double or triple attack.

Then again, this version of PW wasn't a reason for the change at all. I'd be interested in what the Chinese have to say about this.

This is why I say that has to change. To make it a challenge again and make it much harder since the levels of players are so high. I am old school and remember those TW's very well. They were a blast and we learned a lot about each other and ourselves and what to do with which boss etc... Good post! Thanks for the info.
    b:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It's not being navie it's being optimistic, unlike yourself who seems very pessimistic

I'm being neither. I'm being critically subjective.

If anything it's a breath of fresh air to those who want to be a part of TW but can't find a faction that is willing to do TW due to those factions having given up on trying to go against these Uber factions. This move is for the little guys and not the uber players which I commend them for.

But the little guys, of which there aren't many these days, weren't necessarily interested in TW. Those little guys even seem to grow tired of tw rather quickly when they realize that they'll need to buy charms, make attack and defense charms, buy/farm tw pots, etc... to even remain competitive between other 2nd tier TW guilds. Not everyone who plays PW is interested in TW and some never will be. The best 2nd Tier TW battles seems mostly to be alts, at least that's what it has been like on LC.

I honestly don't see this as anything but another giveaway, much like the fact that PW has given away everything including the kitchen sink to those 'content locusts'.

I support change, but it must be well-reasoned and meaningful. This 'fix' is haphazard and really only designed to help make more money.

This is why I say that has to change. To make it a challenge again and make it much harder since the levels of players are so high. I am old school and remember those TW's very well. They were a blast and we learned a lot about each other and ourselves and what to do with which boss etc... Good post! Thanks for the info.
    b:dirty

I agree, if they're going to make PvE TW's so prominent, they really need to update it. Maybe not much with the level 3 lands, but any of the cities should be much harder than they currently are. And by much harder, I mean difficult for even a full faction of R9 to take in 3 hours. Make cities like Arch and 1k to be nearly impossible to take.

I think this is the most relevant issue that has come up in this thread.
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    At least with more PvE TWs there are more chances that a boss will drop a Herc or Nix. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm being neither. I'm being critically subjective.

But the little guys, of which there aren't many these days, weren't necessarily interested in TW. Those little guys even seem to grow tired of tw rather quickly when they realize that they'll need to buy charms, make attack and defense charms, buy/farm tw pots, etc... to even remain competitive between other 2nd tier TW guilds. Not everyone who plays PW is interested in TW and some never will be. The best 2nd Tier TW battles seems mostly to be alts, at least that's what it has been like on LC.

I honestly don't see this as anything but another giveaway, much like the fact that PW has given away everything including the kitchen sink to those 'content locusts'.

I support change, but it must be well-reasoned and meaningful. This 'fix' is haphazard and really only designed to help make more money.

I agree, if they're going to make PvE TW's so prominent, they really need to update it. Maybe not much with the level 3 lands, but any of the cities should be much harder than they currently are. And by much harder, I mean difficult for even a full faction of R9 to take in 3 hours.

I agree! IT should be harder for even a full R9 faction to do in 3 hours. Plus I do think the level 3 lands should be even harder. Here's a kick to think about. After taking over the TW lands have random mobs/bosses appear. I mean think about it, You took it over from mobs/bosses don't they want their land back too? The mobs could be programmed to attack either side or both sides. So that both sides not only have to look out for each other but also random attacks by mobs t oo that say attack a certain class or whoever is doing most damage or someone in stealth mode etc... Just a thought. And it can be done. They have something similar in other games.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ariella_ - Lost City
    Ariella_ - Lost City Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm not wearing any pants right now.

That's hot.

And this sucks on so many levels!!!! I think I'm done playing PW.
    <3 b:cute
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Back in the day it took skill to play.
    Troll much??
    If u want to prove ur skills u r in the wrong game. Play chest instead. PW was never ever about skills. E.g. CQ on LC server was a bunch of heavy CSers RIGHT FROM THE BEGINNING!!!! Idc if they dont admit it nowadays. I know it because i talked to them and they WERE PROUD to spent such a huge amount of money - even when they were reliant on welfare state in rl.

The game was about buying gold hp charms and esos, buying herbs from farmers (never met some1 of CQ farming herbs or mats) and they ALL power-lvld their toons as fast as they were able to do it to lvl 99/100, NOTHING was different. And no, there wasnt alot of competition at grinding spots, there were always enough mobs in world. I saw often Elayne (1st who hit 100) grinding at same spot in morning and at same spot when i logged in again in the evening. And he even didnt want to team up with any1, he was like a human bot.

There is no difference if a lvl 100 HH99/+5-7 kills a lvl 8x or a r9/+10 kills a r8/+5. Its also "no skill" to buy a demon/sage or lvl79 skill. Its also no skill to lvl up a skill to lvl 10. Its just expensive, thats it. There was always a bunch of heavy CSer on our server who spent everything, all their rl money and their full lifetime, to beat all others in tw or events. Those sad-life ppl r now pissed. I'm not b:laugh Btw, even if they would spent 24h per day in game and not "just" 18-20, they still would not be "the real gamers". They r the ppl who destroyed the game for many and moved many ppl to leave the game (and now the complain that servers r not stuffed enough...).