TW reset every 6 months...

Options

Comments

• CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver
    CreamDrinker - Dreamweaver Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LMAO listen to all the QQr's all part of large 95% r9 factions I'm sure. Fact is that you ppl are vastly outnumbered by ppl in small factions that would like to TW or hold a territory if only for a couple weeks just to experience it. I think it gives smaller factions the chance to participate in something that is otherwise out of reach and it gives smaller factions the chance to actually grow into a stronger force.

And listen to yourselves each "champion" faction gets a pretty nice prize at the end of it all.

I think the big names are QQing bc they know it spells the end of their long standing monopolies over the TW culture.
    "With or without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion"-Steven Weinberg
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    Options

The point wasn't that all PvE TWs should be harder, but cities like Arch and 1k should be nearly impossible and all of the major cities should be much harder.

If you don't think that's the case, you must never have PvE TW'd.

should make PvE lands like trial 9
    level 3 land. trial 1-9
    level 2 land. trial 2-9
    level 3 land. trial 3-9
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    @Michael
    did u ever think if they make PVE wars harder ( combined with new pve gears ( soon obtainable by CS)) will make them just more profit

No, I didn't directly imagine that probability. You're correct though.

@ the troll who never saw CQ farm i says lolololol, and yes Lrod was 1st to hit 100 not Elayne

Yes, CQ did farm quite a bit. I don't know how many times I was killed by CQ for trying to steal someone's mat route. CQ was also a prolific farming guild. They were far more PvE oriented than PvP back when I was a low level.

on LC i think 3 guilds can hold whole map just with their top guild and alts and have WAY more fun wars then with what are u pulling now

Yeah there are enough people for 3 guilds to hold lands. It's highly unlikely any super-guild could take the whole map again, but that's why I came back, to see if Insurrect could take the map. I would have loved to have done that a second time.

this will just end up in losing more of the player base ( wich is way too thin as it is)
    most of people just log and afk or chat occasionaly and 2x is when there IS some activity (farming on normal drops makes me depressed)

SO instead of trying to fix what ain't broken ( and u do that alot BTW) go try and solve the real problems of this game: low lvls need more content, stop the frost exploits for plvlin, fix some god damn bugs that are here since beta, stop the constant rep/pack/orb sales... in short GET NEW PEOPLE TO PLAY
    there. problem solved.

I'm seriously considering giving away my acct info the next time I quit, which might be relatively soon with this new change.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm seriously considering giving away my acct info the next time I quit, which might be relatively soon with this new change.

We should be friends. b:cute
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Although I agree in lieu of another solution regular resets make sense, i do think 6 months is to short, after 6 months Twars are just starting to get interesting.12 months is a better term i feel

I think a better idea that would eliminate the need for resets and retain the idea of a Persistent world map would make it so territory's can only be held for a set period of time before they revert to their wilderness status and have to be conquered again and the faction that just lost that land is excluded from being able to bid on it for the first week.

Perhaps even a sliding scale for example.

lvl 3 lands reset after 2 weeks
    lvl 2 lands reset after 3 weeks
    lvl 1 lands reset after 4 weeks
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    what are you guys crying about TW will be better this way not to say there will be a money bonus as well and 6 months is more then needed to take the map
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LMAO listen to all the QQr's all part of large 95% r9 factions I'm sure. Fact is that you ppl are vastly outnumbered by ppl in small factions that would like to TW or hold a territory if only for a couple weeks just to experience it. I think it gives smaller factions the chance to participate in something that is otherwise out of reach and it gives smaller factions the chance to actually grow into a stronger force.

And listen to yourselves each "champion" faction gets a pretty nice prize at the end of it all.

I think the big names are QQing bc they know it spells the end of their long standing monopolies over the TW culture.

What you dont seem to be grasping is:

Largest faction on server getting 24 lands, second largest also getting 24 lands... 3rd largest gobbling up the rest, and small factions not getting jack diddly.

Compare that to the few lands that are actually owned by small factions right now. (Not many but at least some). They won't even have any once this is implemented.

This was a terrible decision on PW's part.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Largest faction on server getting 24 lands, second largest also getting 24 lands... 3rd largest gobbling up the rest, and small factions not getting jack diddly.

How does a 6 month, 12 month, 3 year or never map reset not result in basically the same scenario in the end, with the exception of perhaps one faction having more than 24? The only reason Fuzzy can see for any faction "needing" 24 or more is the income it would generate. The idea of only having 24 as a bad thing is a pretty thin argument since it seems to the panda to simply be based on coin income. Can't exactly say it's based on bragging rights for owning the most since that will still be in play. The only difference is nobody can have it all.
    Compare that to the few lands that are actually owned by small factions right now. (Not many but at least some). They won't even have any once this is implemented.

How exactly will the small factions have no chance? Fuzzy is a bit confused on that. For at least 3 or 4 months a year many small factions who are esentially locked out of TW right now on every server finally have the chance to try it should they so desire. (Be it PVE or PVE)

Many people posting here seem to be of the opinon that TW should only belong to the end-game players with end-game gear. Even though it will only be for a small window, any faction, big or small, will have their chance to bid and take part and even possibly win a land. Fuzzy for one is pretty sure this will encourage others who have not had the opportunity to try TW to throw their hat in the ring. If they enjoy the taste, it may motivate them in turn to gear up and try to keep ahold of it.

How is attempting to spur competition a bad thing?
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

there is 26 weeks in 6 month. There is 51 territories. Basically, there is going to is going to be 1 battle to decide who's the top dog in the server b:surrender
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The reality is that TW is not going to be end-game content anymore. They should have left the map resets at around every expansion which has been going steadily at ~ 1 year since the new Devs took over... The best end-game content you can find on a game with no more competitive TWs is probably the non-sense RPK that happens outside west gate / hidden orchid / silver pool on here. b:surrender
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    How does a 6 month, 12 month, 3 year or never map reset not result in basically the same scenario in the end, with the exception of perhaps one faction having more than 24? The only reason Fuzzy can see for any faction "needing" 24 or more is the income it would generate. The idea of only having 24 as a bad thing is a pretty thin argument since it seems to the panda to simply be based on coin income. Can't exactly say it's based on bragging rights for owning the most since that will still be in play. The only difference is nobody can have it all.

How exactly will the small factions have no chance? Fuzzy is a bit confused on that. For at least 3 or 4 months a year many small factions who are esentially locked out of TW right now on every server finally have the chance to try it should they so desire. (Be it PVE or PVE)

Many people posting here seem to be of the opinon that TW should only belong to the end-game players with end-game gear. Even though it will only be for a small window, any faction, big or small, will have their chance to bid and take part and even possibly win a land. Fuzzy for one is pretty sure this will encourage others who have not had the opportunity to try TW to throw their hat in the ring. If they enjoy the taste, it may motivate them in turn to gear up and try to keep ahold of it.

lol was thinking the same thing, how is reseting the map every 6 months keeping the smaller people out of tw it will let them have a shot at it

for real people stop crying about it. Most people seem to think this is a great idea why must there always be those few people who wanna QQ about everything
  • Eldunready - Lost City
    Eldunready - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The more important question here is why does Fuzzy speak in the 3rd person?
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The reality is that TW is not going to be end-game content anymore. They should have left the map resets at around every expansion which has been going steadily at ~ 1 year since the new Devs took over... The best end-game content you can find on a game with no more competitive TWs is probably the non-sense RPK that happens outside west gate / hidden orchid / silver pool on here. b:surrender

how.. a faction can still take it over. The map isn't that big... the big ones will still ahve there fun while letting everyone else take part in it as well
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options

Because each large faction will start at a different part of the map. It's a psychological aspect that PW didn't even think about. Each large faction will want as close to their 24 land limit.

How will reset give small factions a chance? They don't gear up like the large factions anyway. They rely too much on "TW for fun". That never results in good TW's. They have had 3 chances on DW to try it. None of them ever amount to jack. None of them end up holding land that isn't charity. I know this because when I led a TW faction I purposely left small factions alone. Sorry but it is the truth.

Tell me how this is spurring competition? I'm sorry I just don't see competition. If PW was "spurring competition", they would be putting restrictions on who may attack who, or having separate TW lands for small factions to learn, build, grow.

I think resets are good. I think resets should only happen after a faction consumes the whole map. Note that I have NEVER been in a faction who has consumed a map. There are answers to the TW problem for small factions. This is not it. Actually I think the seperate TW map for small factions is a good idea.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    how.. a faction can still take it over. The map isn't that big... the big ones will still ahve there fun while letting everyone else take part in it as well

The map isn't that big? There's 51 lands on the map; 52 weeks in a year. An undefeated faction winning every week for 6 months would get ~26 lands. It's only barely possible to take over the map with a 1 year reset date.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Nareeah - Lost City
    Nareeah - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The more important question here is why does Fuzzy speak in the 3rd person?

^this

@Fuzzy what u don't seem to grasp is little factions wont have incetive to TW after that one land they will get with PVE TW cuz the big guild will just well walk over them... and specially now u will kill TW cuz OP people WILL just go for the weakest link on the map and wipe em all out one by one untill it's 2-3 guild left on the board and u have to have 3v3 battle wich is **** and the best guild rewards are even crappier... if it atleast WERE a UNIQUE mount ( not that same lame fox u been pulling every bonus zhen thing not to mention is actually a ninetails......)

there is really nothing wrong with map being reset on every expansion - it was stabile 1 year reset
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The map isn't that big? There's 51 lands on the map; 52 weeks in a year. An undefeated faction winning every week for 6 months would get ~26 lands. It's only barely possible to take over the map with a 1 year reset date.

what you people fail to get is most of the bigger factions will want 1k or one of the other main citys... so the main factions will want to bid by there.. there for the bigger people can still have there tws...
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    what you people fail to get is most of the bigger factions will want 1k or one of the other main citys... so the main factions will want to bid by there.. there for the bigger people can still have there tws...

LOL The top faction will go for 1k ... everyone else will cut their pie somewhere else!

Yes the map is small, too small for the 2 strongest factions to not consume it within the 6 months. LOL These people arguing it's a good thing don't even know. But they aren't thinking about it like that. They get all giggly over owning 1 land for a week every 6 months.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ^this

@Fuzzy what u don't seem to grasp is little factions wont have incetive to TW after that one land they will get with PVE TW cuz the big guild will just well walk over them... and specially now u will kill TW cuz OP people WILL just go for the weakest link on the map and wipe em all out one by one untill it's 2-3 guild left on the board and u have to have 3v3 battle wich is **** and the best guild rewards are even crappier... if it atleast WERE a UNIQUE mount ( not that same lame fox u been pulling every bonus zhen thing not to mention is actually a ninetails......)

there is really nothing wrong with map being reset on every expansion - it was stabile 1 year reset

you can't jump lands to bid so once those OP factions are on the map they can't just jump and bid on the weakest link and as i said most of the OP factions will want 1k or arch due to the pvp pots you can make so there gonna wanna bid by there
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    LOL The top faction will go for 1k ... everyone else will cut their pie somewhere else!

most severs only have a few really op factions i know lost city has 3-4 main ones those 2 of those will try for 1k and im gussing the other 2/3 there are will want arch im sure its like that on most the severs as well
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    most severs only have a few really op factions i know lost city has 3-4 main ones those 2 of those will try for 1k and im gussing the other 2/3 there are will want arch im sure its like that on most the severs as well

Tell me how much tw, small factions get when those 4 faction pick 4 different corners of the map to start cutting out for their own? And don't think those factions won't either. It all about the land. 24 land max... well you not getting the picture yet?
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Tell me how much tw, small factions get when those 4 faction pick 4 different corners of the map to start cutting out for their own? And don't think those factions won't either. It all about the land. 24 land max... well you not getting the picture yet?

you don't get it do you. you play a carebare sever where you guys are more then happy to share the map come play lost city and see how a real tw is done b:bye
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

If the larger factions choose to pursue the goal of owning the most land and always go after the much weaker factions Fuzzy thinks they have no business ever complaining about lack of competitive battles.
    Nothing prevents them from initially bidding smack in the middle of the map so they can get to any opponent in as short a time as possible. Nobody forces anyone to start out in the farthest corner of the map.

The strong factions know who each other are and can easily choose to advance towards each other on the map as fast as they want. The result however may be that if they actually choose to fight the most equal opponent on the map each week at the end of 6 months they may not own the most land since they didn't just crystal walk the weak each time they bid.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Sparc - Harshlands
    Sparc - Harshlands Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ^this

So what incentive do they have to sign up for (bid on) a PvP TW (because the map hasn't been reset) against a guild that owns almost the entire map !?

At least this way they do get to own a land for a week (MAYBE more) =\
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If the larger factions choose to pursue the goal of owning the most land and always go after the much weaker factions Fuzzy thinks they have no business ever complaining about lack of competitive battles.
    Nothing prevents them from initially bidding smack in the middle of the map so they can get to any opponent in as short a time as possible. Nobody forces anyone to start out in the farthest corner of the map.

The strong factions know who each other are and can easily choose to advance towards each other on the map as fast as they want. The result however may be that if they actually choose to fight the most equal opponent on the map each week at the end of 6 months they may not own the most land since they didn't just crystal walk the weak each time they bid.

Fuzzy, listen to me. The top faction always says they want a good tw, a competitive one. If you check past TW reports you will see this is not the case. They will not choose to go against each other right away.

You are right no one forces anyone. And that is my point. PW doesn't force best factions against each other. This new change will not better TW at all. It will be the same as always was except no incentive to let small factions even own 2 lands. Each large faction will be consuming as much land as possible racing to that 6 months mark.
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Fuzzy, listen to me. The top faction always says they want a good tw, a competitive one. If you check past TW reports you will see this is not the case. They will not choose to go against each other right away.

You are right no one forces anyone. And that is my point. PW doesn't force best factions against each other. This new change will not better TW at all. It will be the same as always was except no incentive to let small factions even own 2 lands. Each large faction will be consuming as much land as possible racing to that 6 months mark.

again lost city most of the top factions bid pretty close to each other they want 1k or arch. If they don't bid close there more then happy to move towards the other one and attack them. As i said you play a carebear sever where your more then happy to do that over here in PVP we like the fight

bye you hugging trolllllllllllllllllllllllll b:byeb:byeb:bye
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2012
    Options
    again lost city most of the top factions bid pretty close to each other they want 1k or arch. If they don't bid close there more then happy to move towards the other one and attack them. As i said you play a carebear sever where your more then happy to do that over here in PVP we like the fight

bye you hugging trolllllllllllllllllllllllll b:byeb:byeb:bye

Lost city is also the most populated and I believe oldest server. You can NOT base everything from what you know about Lost City.

Carebear or not I still have more PK kills than you. You joined Lost City just for the status?
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Lost city is also the most populated and I believe oldest server. You can NOT base everything from what you know about Lost City.

Carebear or not I still have more PK kills than you. You joined Lost City just for the status?

again you must not know how to read as i said in the other thread my core connect has been messed up for the longest time. So you CAN NOT BASE EVERYTHING FROM READING THAT cause a lot of peoples are messed up i have a ton of awards i still haven't got. As for my pvp count it should be around 4-4.5k but i guess we wont know till the fix the pvp count now will we
  • Channman - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and yes 4k might be a low number but im not the type of person who goes and camps 3x i don't kill anyone under lvl 95 unless they hit me or a friend... Unlike most people on this game i spend a good time helping out faction members, friends, and doing guild base stuff
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Small factions often are willing to take a free land, but often they won't prepare or defend. They won't build towers, they won't buy charms, they won't farm/buy pk pots.

When it comes down to it, small factions don't want to pay out the normal costs associated with TW. So there will be no extra competition. It's all imaginary.

There have been a few smaller 2nd tier TW guilds that do have some competitive TWs from time to time, however this is the exception not the rule. Trying to mandate it is failure in itself.

This effectively removes TW as end-game content and turns it into another free for all giveaway for casual players that most small factions will grow tired of in a week or three.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.