TW reset every 6 months...

Options

Comments

• Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Doesn't matter to me if i'm fighting an alt faction of a higher tier faction. all that matters is that my faction has a chance against this alt faction that it doesn't have against the main one.

You clearly haven't seen the 'alt-factions' on sanc. lol
    They're really not much weaker than the main ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Fuzzy would think that with the knowledge of a reset every 6 months, the stronger guilds who want longer battles would make their across the map to a guild that offers a challenge asap instead of spending weeks crystal walking smaller factions.

In the past after resets Fuzzy has seen stronger factions doing anything but trying to advance towards another faction who may also be fairly strong. They seem to dilly-dally around and try to soak up as much land as possible before engaging each other in what may be a worth while battle.

Hopefully this change wil negate that from happening again.

The mechanics of TW and not knowing who places a bid where does not support this. Guild leaders will either need to collaborate in which lands they take (a bannable offense) or wait until their opposition decides to take land first.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • AnselTyme - Sanctuary
    AnselTyme - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is actually the first time I've been happy with a PWI decision in a long time. Granted, 6 months might be a little short, but I think it's fair to the smaller factions that get beat out because we don't CS as hard. Sanctuary is down to like 5 lands that are split between smaller TW factions. The rest of the map is controlled by 4 factions. Even more prominent factions on the map get rolled by Vindicate, just because that's where the powerhouses are.

I also love how Fuzzy talks in the third person. o.o
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The mechanics of TW and not knowing who places a bid where does not support this. Guild leaders will either need to collaborate in which lands they take (a bannable offense) or wait until their opposition decides to take land first.

It doesn't support it if you want to be on the territory directly next to your adversary from the get-go. Fuzzy's point was that if the strongest guilds want competitive TW's and an opposing faction able to hold their own exists on the server, nothing prevents them from engaging each other sooner rather than later.

The idea that it will take months for challenging TW's to appear for the strongest guilds simply doesn't ring true to the panda. Just don't waste time bidding week after week to crystal walk smaller factions and move in any direction on the map except towards the challenge you desire.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    6 months is too short of a time frame. It needs to be a separate time frame for each server, where it would reset every time the map becomes stagnant. Basically what Michael_Dark says.

I remember the HT server TW didn't get "fun" for the top factions until at least 3 to 4 months later. Until then EVERY big faction had 5 minute walks, and did TW on their alt factions against smaller factions. Heck, the top guild's alt faction dominated near half the map until another big faction was able to break through the land lock.

If >> BASE WARS << would just be implemented, this wouldn't need to happen. Least not in my opinion
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It doesn't support it if you want to be on the territory directly next to your adversary from the get-go. Fuzzy's point was that if the strongest guilds want competitive TW's and an opposing faction able to hold their own exists on the server, nothing prevents them from engaging each other sooner rather than later.

The idea that it will take months for challenging TW's to appear for the strongest guilds simply doesn't ring true to the panda. Just don't waste time bidding week after week to crystal walk smaller factions and move in any direction on the map except towards the challenge you desire.

TW isn't an end-game activity anymore.

And as for challenging TW's, I've already been through two map resets. I may be talking out of my ****, but I'm pretty sure the basis for my speculation has a solid foundation.

And without knowing where someone is bidding, it could take months to 'reach' the opposing similiarly geared faction without collusion.

Seriously, I'm not saying anything that can be proven wrong. You can have your opinions based on whatever you like, mine are based on two past resets....

If >> BASE WARS << would just be implemented, this wouldn't need to happen. Least not in my opinion

^ this.
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ehh... There's 51 lands on a map. 52 weeks in a year... If it's only 6 months even the most dominant faction would barely be able to take half the map in that time. If it's the full 12 months, the most dominant faction could take it over and hold it for 1 week assuming they were undefeated for the entire year before claiming a possible master prize.

There's less incentive for large factions to compete for what will be lost when they only reach half the map. Even the prize for the largest land owning faction is meh. Maybe if the prizes were those G16 PWIC rings / necklaces / capes it would be more appealing.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Breathe - Lost City
    Breathe - Lost City Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    While I am appreciative of PWE's attempt to create more TW competitiveness, 6 months is far too short. Like many other people are saying, the #1 goal of a TW-based guild was to take over the map, and now that's no longer a possibility. At least make it yearly. If not, then raise the prize value. If the reward for owning the most lands continue along the lines of mounts, etc., then it seems quite pointless for some to fight for almost nothing.

Of course, there are people who fight for the fun of competitive TW. The top guilds will start at opposite sides of the map (if history repeats) and pve/TW nub guilds for 1-2 months. They might move on to mid-level guilds for the 3rd month. Internal conflict & drama between guilds may take up the 4th month, and by the time you get any land and real TW, the map resets again.

It's a hypothetical situation, but a real possibility. Please make the time interval between resets at least a year.

edit; ninja'd by thedan.
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Michael, saying u talk smack doesnt mean I said You are a trash talker. You are not a trash talker and You right I havent seen You doing it. Although I've seen You coming to those forums and talking smack about the past when You were just as unsignificant as You are now pretending some1 that You arent. Got my point of smack talking? Its like You start talking abt CQ (when You were just nobody in OMINOUS) and old days and PvP that YOU NEVER PARTICIPATED. If You want to give Your input its great, ppl have different opinions and this is what forum is for - to discuss... But please stop talking abt things that You dont know and make no sense... Like You are saying abt Insurrect looking for challenge and stuff... Please log at least once a day for 30 minutes and wake up... Reading only forums and talking on MSN apparently doesnt help.

Crossing map to reach ur rival will take 4-5 weeks max even without knowing where they start...

I agree with Dan's post also... The time should be a little more extended... Maybe they should reset it every New year's eve or smth...
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Michael, saying u talk smack doesnt mean I said You are a trash talker. You are not a trash talker and You right I havent seen You doing it. Although I've seen You coming to those forums and talking smack about the past when You were just as unsignificant as You are now pretending some1 that You arent. Got my point of smack talking? Its like You start talking abt CQ (when You were just nobody in OMINOUS) and old days and PvP that YOU NEVER PARTICIPATED. If You want to give Your input its great, ppl have different opinions and this is what forum is for - to discuss... But please stop talking abt things that You dont know and make no sense... Like You are saying abt Insurrect looking for challenge and stuff... Please log at least once a day for 30 minutes and wake up... Reading only forums and talking on MSN apparently doesnt help.

lol look at you. So instead of responding to my legitimate concerns you start trash talking me.

Haha, how boringly typical of you Wadzio.

Yeah, I never dropped +10 CV wand, you're pro at that.

And yes, I've participated at quite a few PvP events.

My troll thread was pretty good, I think it's still top 5 thread with the most posts in LC forum.

/failmorepls

b:victory
  • _Kayno - Sanctuary
    _Kayno - Sanctuary Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    this is nice it allows other factions have better chance to enjoy it along with more faction names on the map instead of having the same factions going against the same people over n over n over n over again for a whole year while others can only see on youtube or talk about it. Im happy about this seeing that im one of those person who has new seen the TW area outside of youtubeb:victory
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    lol look at you. So instead of responding to my legitimate concerns you start trash talking me.

Haha, how boringly typical of you Wadzio.

Yeah, I never dropped +10 CV wand, you're pro at that.

And yes, I've participated at quite a few PvP events.

My troll thread was pretty good, I think it's still top 5 thread with the most posts in LC forum.

/failmorepls

b:victory

I replied to them earlier... Repeating myself few times doesnt make it any better and I just replied to Your post... Seriously You could pvp sg1 if that mattered... In big pvp fights You were not there and Im sure every old school LC player will tell You that, because by that time OMINOUS was too scared to PvP any1 and they would rather stay neutral with everyone like YaKuZa did... So please stop with the myths of You fighting CQ, Spectral, GZ, RQ...
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I replied to them earlier... Repeating myself few times doesnt make it any better and I just replied to Your post... Seriously You could pvp sg1 if that mattered... In big pvp fights You were not there and Im sure every old school LC player will tell You that...

Hmm... I was there at almost every world boss war between Essence and Spectral, sometimes your faction won, sometimes ours did. And there were some good Ominous vs CQ when you were nobody and didn't matter. I was never a RPKer, which is why you probably never seen me. Except when I killed your alt with mine. loool

It's amazing how short sighted and biased you are. I think it's because you need to compensate for being non-factor.

b:pleased

Look at me, you've made me sink down to your slimey level. lool
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If Wadzio and Michael want to continue arguing with each other take it to a different venue. Dont make Fuzzy close a legitimate discussion because it becomes derailed by some sort of personal vendeta.

b:irritated
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    A question to think about.

How much longer is the PWI lifespan? 2 years? or maybe more?

That would make only two more map resets. But if it is 6 months, than at least there will be a fresh start 4 more times. And add another year, 6 times.

I think owning the MAP is a thing of the past. Now the descision was made to involve more players or alts perhaps in TW. Perhaps an end of game plan by the Marketing team.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And you're suffering from black pot syndrome. I'm NOT a smack talker and never have been.

I'm pretty sure that any faction would take me because I've never personally attacked anyone in game, privately, publicly or on world chat. I've always stayed out of that **** and have almost always thanked my opposition for great fights....

It's amazing how short sighted and biased you are. I think it's because you need to compensate for being non-factor.

b:pleased

Look at me, you've made me sink down to your slimey level. lool

I havent seen micheal_dark in pvp or tw since I was in essence on my cleric. Unless you rerolled you haven't been active on pwi. You can't gauge how competitive tws are if you aren't in them. I was in lots of tws before and after the reset. There was lots of competition on the map, the only reason the map isnt vengeful purple is because they didn't tw for a few months so smaller guilds could.

If you want competition then compete. Don't war the small guilds war ones just as strong as you are, Being from insurrect you might not get that concept but who you compete with is up to you. Thats why vengeful declared war on insurrect the strongest competition on the map and insurrect declared war on a 15 minute crystal walk.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
    edited February 2012
    Options
    If Wadzio and Michael want to continue arguing with each other take it to a different venue. Dont make Fuzzy close a legitimate discussion because it becomes derailed by some sort of personal vendeta.

b:irritated

Yeah, I'm done responding to him.

I do think 9 months to 1 year would be a better interval or there needs to be better rewards for every land owning faction at the end of a 6 month period.

Just getting the most land in 6 months and rewarding one faction is pretty lame, especially if the big guilds left the smaller ones alone, who has the most lands after 6 months would hardly be indicative of who should reap rewards, IMO.

I havent seen micheal_dark in pvp or tw since I was in essence on my cleric. Unless you rerolled you haven't been active on pwi. You can't gauge how competitive tws are if you aren't in them. I was in lots of tws before and after the reset. There was lots of competition on the map, the only reason the map isnt vengeful purple is because they didn't tw for a few months so smaller guilds could.

If you want competition then compete. Don't war the small guilds war ones just as strong as you are, Being from insurrect you might not get that concept but who you compete with is up to you. Thats why vengeful declared war on insurrect the strongest competition on the map and insurrect declared war on a 15 minute crystal walk.

And you're right, I haven't really been active since March of '11 or so. I'm not an RPKer and have never really been and I'm not always looking for PvP. I would just log in and play whatever and let it take me wherever. And post R9 PvP isn't much fun so I don't participate in it.

I have been active during the last two resets though and saw what was happening. The good TW's between mid-tier TW factions did last for a while, but it didn't start out that way and took many months before they became competitive.

At 6 month reset, there isn't much point to TW anymore unless it's just to join an alt guild on an alt and fight that way. I'll consider that.

As to how this will actually affect TW, it's an unknown, you can say you like or hate the idea and that's fine. I'm not saying either, I'm just saying from what I've seen and done in game, it doesn't seem like a very bright idea for a number of reasons.
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i like the reset... keeps things interesting, and as like someone said before, it will make so not everyone just wants to join the strongest guild, we will have strong players spread throughout several guilds. there will still be a battle to own the most, not just for weekly income but also for the prize at the end.

and like i said, keeps things interesting. in fact, i was so bored of tw, but now i actually will want to play tw, especially since it could be vs different factions each weekend.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    There is however a flip side of the coin. If the big factions get bored, there is nothing to stop them from disbanding of their own accord into smaller factions if they wish to have longer battles.

Not really .. those of us in the big factions just put our alts in those smaller ones .. Retaining the strength of the main faction while still having the fun of smaller/lower level TW's
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think a better solution would be to level-limit TW. Make it so anyone over level 90 can't enter the instance.

That would promote far more competitive TWs.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    6 months is too short of a time frame. It needs to be a separate time frame for each server, where it would reset every time the map becomes stagnant. Basically what Michael_Dark says.

I remember the HT server TW didn't get "fun" for the top factions until at least 3 to 4 months later. Until then EVERY big faction had 5 minute walks, and did TW on their alt factions against smaller factions. Heck, the top guild's alt faction dominated near half the map until another big faction was able to break through the land lock.

emphasis added
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Eccii - Raging Tide
    Eccii - Raging Tide Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Base wars will be here right after Snowmen get here b:cute
    Retired on Barb-
    Currently playing mystic-
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is just funny, and ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I think this will be fun.
    I personally hate the fact of a faction totally monopoly on a server while other facs don't stand a chance.

It would make it more fun for smaller facs (who are still building up) to take a aim at some territory's as well.

Besides what is the hush about pwning small facs over and over again?
    Let the smaller ppl have some fun before they get totally cleared off the map and accept the fact ppl might get stronger and stronger instead of whining and be afraid of losing so now and than or not and just try pwning everyone in as short time as possible?
    up too you...

At least i have some fun out of this.

About the new skills: it might be a little overdone but i am looking forewarts to clers with metal mage and archers with rooted stealth in tw's b:victory
    it would be fun(5aps sins and high -chan psy's pwn about everything now...)

don't get me wrong,i am playing for over 3 years now and i always loved tw's while still playing on archosaur server,but on raging tide it is just no fun not having any tw's b:surrender

i want the fun back!!!b:sadb:irritated
    let's just do itb:angry

p.s. is it showing that i am lvl 84?
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Territory Map Reset

Sorry, this fails on more levels than I care to even explain.

I guess their profit margins are higher after a map reset with more nubs wanting to cash shop R9 so they can "participate".

I did not read all of the comments but I 100% agree with you! One Year would have been better...6 months does not even give some of the larger factions enough time to hit each other for a DECENT TW b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • AirialAce - Raging Tide
    AirialAce - Raging Tide Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I did not read all of the comments but I 100% agree with you! One Year would have been better...6 months does not even give some of the larger factions enough time to hit each other for a DECENT TW b:sweat

common...big facs can go head on anytime XD
    non cashop player here but i will do a shot at max gear anyways :D
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

+1. b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
    edited February 2012
    Options

Since bidding is anonymous, big factions will need to discuss which lands they take before each reset... but I thought factions colluding like this was a bannable offense? As I'll say again, I don't think resets are a bad thing if the map has become stagnant, I just don't think 6 months is appropriate.

I think PW just wants to remove TW as an end-game instance but still passive aggressively pushing rank sales otherwise putting a level cap on entering TW would make it much more competitive.
  • Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary
    Paolo_Silver - Sanctuary Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I just see this as a coin sink. So people will keep bidding and coins go down the drain, but I'm poor and a noob, people make all that money in like a day.

I'd like the intervals to increase though. I'm in a Faction that TWs but isn't as good as the top tier ones, but it would be nice to see people fighting, not just the steamrolls.
  • LoraTab - Dreamweaver
    LoraTab - Dreamweaver Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Kinda dumb argueing when it is already decided by the people who matter.

If anything, should blame all the leaders of those tw factions who dominated the map. The pwi people have spoken- one faction is not intended on owning the entire map.

Yeah some poeple wont like it, but im thinking that more will like it then don't.

I am excited to see the new stuff....