TW reset every 6 months...

Options

Comments

• fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The fact that a large faction will steamroll them for the easiest path to victory?

If a large faction chooses such a strategy Fuzzy thinks they then have no buisness ever complaining about a lack of competitive TW's. It's always difficult have your cake and eat it too.

If a strong faction simply wants to win the 6 month "season" and end with the largest number of lands, a price they may need to pay for that is 6 months of utterly unenjoyable 5 minute crystal walks. However, if this is the course they choose, it might prove difficult to maintain the strength of said faction when their members become bored. If a faction desires the land prize and makes the decision to always go for the weaker target, their members may very well choose to go to another faction they see on the map who are indeed having wars that last longer.

In turn, the stronger factions might choose to steak out their peice of the map around the main cities such as Arch and 1k and then attempt to fight it out for the season. The panda sees nothing wrong with 6 months of the strongest factions fighting a decent opponent (providing one exists on the server) if it provides the competitive nature of TW that alot of end-game players seek. Without a reset, the strongest factions will end up fighting each other for months on end anyway, so for those who simply seek the glory of a hard fought battle, Fuzzy is sure they will be able to find it if they look. It might however mean that at the end of 6 months they may not win whatever the prize may be for holding the most territories.

With a six month reset it would appear that factions might face a choice of what they want more... the prize for the most territory or a decent fight.

Not to say you can't get both but some factions may need to think on which takes priority.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    If a large faction chooses such a strategy Fuzzy thinks they then have no buisness ever complaining about a lack of competitive TW's. It's always difficult have your cake and eat it too.

If a strong faction simply wants to win the 6 month "season" and end with the largest number of lands, a price they may need to pay for that is 6 months of utterly unenjoyable 5 minute crystal walks. However, if this is the course they choose, it might prove difficult to maintain the strength of said faction when their members become bored. If a faction desires the land prize and makes the decision to always go for the weaker target, their members may very well choose to go to another faction they see on the map who are indeed having wars that last longer.

Wow that's a terrible justification for this change. So now the game is choose between salary or fun? If the devs would implement something with gameplay instead of money in mind we could have our cake and eat it too.

What happened to the goal of owning the map being the catalyst needed for fun TWs? We had our cake and were eating it too back when the game didn't suck.

What happens if all the good guilds bid on the other side of the map?
  • ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver
    ApocaIypto - Dreamweaver Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    6 months is too short. needed at least a year or when a faction take whole map

and what is this 3vs3? TW and then a 3vs3 to show off on forums? wth b:shutup
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    So now the game is choose between salary or fun? ...We had our cake and were eating it too back when the game didn't suck.

Salary or fun? Fuzzy is pretty sure that for those who arn't in today's largest land holding factions their "salary" barely covers their repair bill after a TW nevermind it actually being their motivation to fight. Might be nice for those in the biggest factions who are raking in the millions each week, but even the lagest land holding faction can only have 200 members so the panda is pretty sure that anything to do with "salary" falls on deaf ears to the vast majority of players on any server.

What happens if all the good guilds bid on the other side of the map?

Then spend the first weeks moving towards the competition you want. Worst case scenario is 8 weeks from the farthest corner to the other assuming the guild you advance towards sits still with 1 territory in the absolute opposite corner of the map.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Zanryu - Lothranis
    Zanryu - Lothranis Posts: 1,998 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm good with some easy-win TWs... at least until we get a charm sale, freaking expensive charms lately.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks to the beautiful and talanted Zheii for the sigb:dirty

youtube.com/ZanryuPWI
    youtube.com/ZanryuGaming

I read the forums naked.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    ...People would crystal walk on their main facs and have fun on their alt facs. Enjoy getting turtled by a big faction's alt while they gain land at twice as the rate as everyone else. Big facs can absolutely crystal walk and keep its members amused for just the reason I stated above.

There have always been possibility for competitive TWs, 3 attacks per slot is perfectly reasonable ASSUMING AN ACTIVE SERVER. Here on Sanct, random PvE guilds that have never seen TW can probably cobble together an R9 force 100 strong. R9 sale has been on forever...there are people that dress their chars and their alts in R9 like dolls. It just shows how dead a server really have to be to not be able to challenge the single guild successfully "because of gear and number difference." Maybe PWI should address the problem of low server population instead and not try to mask the problem with an imposed limit.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    First:
    If a large faction chooses such a strategy Fuzzy thinks they then have no buisness ever complaining about a lack of competitive TW's.

Dude really, get some professional help: The tendency to refer to oneself in the third person is often viewed by psychologists as a symptom of narcissism

Second: make better rewards or extend interval between resets, otherwise it sucks b:surrender
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I see it though as this...

Large Faction A bids North East
    Large Faction B bids South West

^ Those two factions want to fight each other in competitive/non-roll TW's. 6 months is enough time in theory to get to each other but by then both Large A & B factions would have had to go through some of the Small Factions C, D & E and roll them just to get to the ones that will give a fight worthy of TW'ing.

I guess it just seems bleh because, at least in Sanc, the map is not all that stagnant in my opinion. The large and medium/smaller factions TW every week. (Although I know that a few factions will most likely discuss their initial bid after reset, other's will just bid on where they think is a "best fit" for their faction and a guess on where the other's will go based on past land holdings)

Some of the Larger factions have no desire to HAVE to steam roll baby factions to get to a "real" fight. People will just get even more bored b:surrender

And in terms of the 3v3, I just lol'd b:chuckle

Yeah, not many people acknowledging this scenario which I see happening more often than not.

And yeah, the 3v3 is kind of hilarious. As if that proves anything except PW being cheap on rewards.

If they're going to give rewards, anyone who owns land should get something. At least that would help spur some wars close to the reset intervals.

There have always been possibility for competitive TWs, 3 attacks per slot is perfectly reasonable ASSUMING AN ACTIVE SERVER. Here on Sanct, random PvE guilds that have never seen TW can probably cobble together an R9 force 100 strong. R9 sale has been on forever...there are people that dress their chars and their alts in R9 like dolls. It just shows how dead a server really have to be to not be able to challenge the single guild successfully "because of gear and number difference." Maybe PWI should address the problem of low server population instead and not try to mask the problem with an imposed limit.

Excellent points, especially the one I emboldened.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • TheFire - Lost City
    TheFire - Lost City Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    i like this..it will keep tw interesting and new.the small guilds will AT lest get some guild base funds cuz most small guilds dont have the cash shoppers to help give them 20 mill to build a new wing.all the changes that i have read about seem like good ideas to me.so what if one faction cant take the hole map any more..on my server veg has held how meany lands for how long???lol and thay just NOW started moving?i have nothing at all bad to say about this.it is a awsome idea tyty devs for listing to your players for once.b:victory
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is stupid. All that this change promotes is high faction to keep pissing on the low ones to have as many lands as they can in those 6 months -_- If it was a year, things would be different and you'd have time to settle who actually deserves having the most territories.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • TheFire - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    This is stupid. All that this change promotes is high faction to keep pissing on the low ones to have as many lands as they can in those 6 months -_- If it was a year, things would be different and you'd have time to settle who actually deserves having the most territories.

and thay dont do this already????????
  • Alexis - Lothranis
    Alexis - Lothranis Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    and thay dont do this already????????

After a certain point the fights remain between the top guilds, but 6 months don't allow for that to happen and it will just be a continous get-lands-for-free. And don't try to tell me that the fact that they allow the weak guilds to get on the map just to be 5 mins rolls makes it fun for them.
    Youtube channel: youtube.com/user/FDB19
  • TheFire - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    After a certain point the fights remain between the top guilds, but 6 months don't allow for that to happen and it will just be a continous get-lands-for-free. And don't try to tell me that the fact that they allow the weak guilds to get on the map just to be 5 mins rolls makes it fun for them.

but you if you hold land no matter what you get money.lol if you lose one week just go try again next week some where eles or move around.this well keep factions from just setting on there lands each week and hey if you are able to hold your land for 3 weeks or more i say hell yea thats money to put in to your guilds base.yes the big guilds will always win the prize but the smaller guilds get some thing much more...thay get that tw exp that thay have been missing.thay get to do something more then just run around archo all day long.thay can see why you need to work on your nv or rank.it gives players a reson to stay on pwi rather then noob rage.b:victory
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I really like this

Once your faction have lost the power to defeat the top faction its over. All this gear up to be competive talk is just for comfort. You need R9 to defeat r9, everything else is just too weak.
    I havnt heard once from a Situation where the dominant faction was overthrown without a map reset or disbanded themself because they was bored to death.

I think a reset all 24 Weeks will bring more people on the tw fields and more people will enjoy tw , there will be options who to pick as enemy and when it come too static its reseting.

The flipside affect a minority of player, but this are the most dedicated and active ones pwi have.
    But life goes on, pwi screwed bigger things before and is still here so i assume this change wont kill pwi or tw at all.
    I hate Room 38
  • knightsdarksoul
    knightsdarksoul Posts: 265
    edited February 2012
    Options
    two side to every coin.

while on one side it will not offer stability or motivation to many top factions, as others have stated the TW's do not become fun for them until the larger faction clash
    on the other side it will offer fun for the lower tied factions and a lot of those in the top factions will get more fun on their alts than they have in a long time on their mains.

i understand what pwi is trying to do, they are trying to make TW less elitist and more accessible to all , but that could have been done with a more thought out reset every 12 months.
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Factions and their alt factions is what I was referring too, ty Xainou xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Its a great idea of resetting the map. Michael, You dont even play active, You are a seasonal fighter and You talk smack... If You wanna have fun and want competition instead of bidding on CT just go and bid on VF... Its perfectly clear that Insurrect goal is TO HAVE LANDS (same as TF and ESS was before) at any cost... But I will enligthen You - except better geared players in big factions - there are guilds like DARKnes, LIONBURN, YaKuZa, AcidRain, Legend's, KageBushi - guild that cant compete currently against VF, CT, Insurrect, but they can fight each other and have really epic long fights... Are You saying Your better than them? Because You CS few items to +10/11? If You want competition dont hide and fight and let others have fun instead of ruining fun for others... But yea I forgot how You work...

x6000 +1 b:pleased

I support a reset after 6 months, its great and it should have been always like this.
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Let's make a compromise and go for 9 months. That's long to establish some kind of server dominance without completely killing TW.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Cimon - Harshlands
    Cimon - Harshlands Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    is there any chance at all people could bich less. the goal of tw has not even changed you can still be the best R9 cashopped dooshbags on a server now it just takes half the time and effort. this reset dont hurt anything whatsoever. o lets bich about the rewards QQQQ ya all wasnt getting anything before.
    o the big tw factions will have to do it all over again QQQQ so what fight it out again just stop bichen. this definitly promotes more fun and less dooshbags buying out token markets and 10 orb markets to keep others undergeard. now that everyone realises there opinion dont matter can we move on to something else
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]ty mystic man for the sig
  • BungaSakura - Raging Tide
    BungaSakura - Raging Tide Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    map reset periodically is good. so 1 faction cant own whole land/dominate long for too long. but 6 months? omg this is just gonna be pve TW. so where is the competition on TW??? now im thinking wether i need to gear up. cause for 6 months im sure this is just gonna be an easy TW. sooo boring. if every 1 year, atleast some faction will try to make the faction stronger to meet other strong faction. but w 6 months. i dont think this gonna be happen. so now bye bye fun TW..... this game will be boring forever b:bye
  • Nahktuul - Archosaur
    Nahktuul - Archosaur Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ehh 6 months is pretty reasonable. TW tends to have a peak after a few months and slides down a smooth curve towards mediocrity. Most versions of PW have regular map resets.

This. I support a 6-month reset.

Michael, do you seriously QQ and complain about absolutely everything you can possibly think of?

At least PWE is attempting to acknowledge that they heard the suggestions thrown out there by the players and they are implementing them.

This kind of update shows me that PWE recognizes that the game is on a downward spiral and they are intent on keeping it alive. The rest of their games fail, and they know that PWI will continue to be their flagship game.

Kudos to the big shots for making the decision!
    PWI Gamer since Closed Beta (Under RisenPhoenix/Nahktuul - Sanctuary/Archosaur)
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    two side to every coin.

while on one side it will not offer stability or motivation to many top factions, as others have stated the TW's do not become fun for them until the larger faction clash
    on the other side it will offer fun for the lower tied factions and a lot of those in the top factions will get more fun on their alts than they have in a long time on their mains.

i understand what pwi is trying to do, they are trying to make TW less elitist and more accessible to all , but that could have been done with a more thought out reset every 12 months.

It used to be top factions to save face, so to speak, would go around smaller factions. Now with this change I see top factions squashing lower factions to goggle up as much as possible before reset. That seems more elitist and not less to me.
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    It used to be top factions to save face, so to speak, would go around smaller factions. Now with this change I see top factions squashing lower factions to goggle up as much as possible before reset. That seems more elitist and not less to me.

On HT, I remember all the big factions left 3 lands for smaller factions to have and fight over when it started to get dominated again, so everyone could have fun. Shame they won't do this anymore ...
  • Mitachi - Dreamweaver
    Mitachi - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree with Aubree.

But now alot of weaker factions and by weak i mean factions with no team work are going to get free land for a few weeks without having to lift a finger, while the top factions will have to face a boring tw's for a few weeks.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I agree with Aubree.

But now alot of weaker factions and by weak i mean factions with no team work are going to get free land for a few weeks without having to lift a finger, while the top factions will have to face a boring tw's for a few weeks.

Ummmm... You know what? It's the lols when you see a faction FAIL at PVE TW.

So yeah, don't be a total **** and let the smaller factions have their fun every now and then. This game isn't just about WINNING and being THE BEST to everyone, for some, it's till about that thing called FUN that maybe you cashshopped away years ago.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Skilzman - Heavens Tear
    Skilzman - Heavens Tear Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The map reset should be based on the lands.
    With 51 lands it should be 51 weeks then reset.
    I am sure everybody would agree with that.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Well, I like the idea of having a regular map reset. That way many factions have chances to do TW even for a few times and have fun until the big factions start dominating.

Now, I don't know if 6 months is good or not but I'm just happy we can get a regular map reset.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Salary or fun? Fuzzy is pretty sure that for those who arn't in today's largest land holding factions their "salary" barely covers their repair bill after a TW nevermind it actually being their motivation to fight. Might be nice for those in the biggest factions who are raking in the millions each week, but even the lagest land holding faction can only have 200 members so the panda is pretty sure that anything to do with "salary" falls on deaf ears to the vast majority of players on any server.
    This.

It's pretty hilarious that these top facs who "had their cake and ate it" for so long are unambiguously defending that same status quo. It was like this last time we had the discussion, too. There's just no room for compromise with these people. If TW ever turns into anything other than a walled garden for the CSers and pseudo-CSers (you know, the "I totally farmed this entire +12 r9 set myself gaiz ugottabelieveme" crowd), suddenly it's the QQ-fest of the millenium.

You want competition? Play against competitive guilds, wherever they end up on the map. You want there to be less chance of crystal-walking? How about having the larger factions split some people off from them and form new competitive facs... or better yet, put a few competitive people in minor facs that wouldn't normally stand a chance? Competition doesn't have to be an all-out +12 epeen fest. It just has to be about people standing on equal footing, even if that footing is not to your particular liking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • LadyofReal - Heavens Tear
    LadyofReal - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,993 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

That would make it once a year; but I could agree with that logic. I suggested 9 months because everyone else in the thread was debating whether it should be 6 or 12.
    Not motivated enough to make another PWI siggy
  • Barb_nico - Harshlands
    Barb_nico - Harshlands Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

agree