TW reset every 6 months...

Options
Michael_Dark - Lost City
Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
edited February 2012 in General Discussion
Territory Map Reset
From here on out, we would like to make Territory Map resets a regular, more frequent occurrence because it promotes competition, reduces the opportunity for a long-standing server monopoly, and creates a more dynamic TW landscape. So from now on, Territory Wars will be broken up into 6 month-long seasons.

Sorry, this fails on more levels than I care to even explain.

I guess their profit margins are higher after a map reset with more nubs wanting to cash shop R9 so they can "participate".
I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
Post edited by Michael_Dark - Lost City on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Gotta agree with ya here. Reset could be made a yearly event and it would accomplish the same thing.

But yup, they'll make more cash from a 6month reset, so that's the way it will be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Instead of reset every 6 months, than just allow no limit to attacks instead of the 3 only.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Instead of reset every 6 months, than just allow no limit to attacks instead of the 3 only.

Apparently some servers don't have enough people to field more than one serious TW faction, so everyone else will be punished for this.

Our faction just got on the map and we were hoping to take it away from the other guilds. Now it's just a give away freebie.

Way to kill end-game content.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ehh 6 months is pretty reasonable. TW tends to have a peak after a few months and slides down a smooth curve towards mediocrity. Most versions of PW have regular map resets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Don't see why its an issue. It means theres less likely to be a single dominant faction everyone wants to join. Even the best 2 would barely take up the whole map.

I can see why you dislike it, but meh, I like the plan.
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Gotta love the 'prices'. lol

Besides that, I don't really care. TW isn't in my time zone. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Say goodbye to competitive TWs. It's just going to be big factions crystal walking tiny factions for 6 months.

It does take at least 6 months for the major players to emerge. The first 3 months of a map reset are never competitive wars.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Last time we had a reset, the big factions got alt factions on the map that were able to defend against mid-sized factions. They only lost their alt faction lands when the free lands were gobbled up and they started fighting amongst each other so they could not field people to defend their alt factions. If you think a reset will get more smaller guilds on the map, not for long.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I'm not wearing any pants right now.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Last time we had a reset, the big factions got alt factions on the map that were able to defend against mid-sized factions. They only lost their alt faction lands when the free lands were gobbled up and they started fighting amongst each other so they could not field people to defend their alt factions. If you think a reset will get more smaller guilds on the map, not for long.

Yup.

We've already been through map reset twice on LC. It doesn't foster competition it just makes the map overly colorful for 3-4 months before the real players emerge. At least everyone with a guild will have a chance to own a land for a week or three twice a year. That's their goal. More people with a taste of land will get more people spending thousands of dollars.
  • darklywithers
    darklywithers Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    TT99, Vana, R8 is fine for me and all my toons, I am happy with this change.
    it has nothing to do with R9 and not only promotes people to spend more money on charms and earns PWE money in the process but also allows other factions the ability to own land and test their skills against other factions at their lvl.

This will cause other factions to become more TW involved, it will split up the power base and maybe spark new factions to raise while others fall.

You are right about it earning PWE more money but wrong in how it will do so.
    gear will still be based on the have's and the have not
    those that have the money to spend on R9 and those that do not.
    TW change doesn't mean my wallet will get fatter.
    just means everyone will see more TW action.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    TT99, Vana, R8 is fine for me and all my toons, I am happy with this change.
    it has nothing to do with R9 and not only promotes people to spend more money on charms and earns PWE money in the process but also allows other factions the ability to own land and test their skills against other factions at their lvl.

This will cause other factions to become more TW involved, it will split up the power base and maybe spark new factions to raise while others fall.

You are right about it earning PWE more money but wrong in how it will do so.
    gear will still be based on the have's and the have not
    those that have the money to spend on R9 and those that do not.
    TW change doesn't mean my wallet will get fatter.
    just means everyone will see more TW action.

The real cost of this change will be that there won't be any competitive TW anymore.

No more 3 hour mega wars.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    The real cost of this change will be that there won't be any competitive TW anymore.

Sure there will be 3 hour wars~ Just more 3 hour wars for the little factions to. Like when thaclick and darknes had 3 hour wars twice a week. Big factions will get fun tw's to if they focus on the other big factions.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • DeadlyPath - Harshlands
    DeadlyPath - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

On Harshlands the major faction that owns most of TW map here defeats all the other major factions in 5-15 minutes. And I've only played this game for 2.5 weeks and kinda hate the TW monopoly right now.

I agree with darklywithers
    ~They call me DP b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Best thing they could have done---

And I'm in a faction that dominates most of the map- b:thanks
    re
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Say goodbye to competitive TWs. It's just going to be big factions crystal walking tiny factions for 6 months.

Very real (and most likely) possibility.

There is however a flip side of the coin. If the big factions get bored, there is nothing to stop them from disbanding of their own accord into smaller factions if they wish to have longer battles.

Fuzzy knows that the stronges tend to converge into 1 or 2 factions on a server, but if they are in turn going the be the ones complaining of being bored, they are also the ones with the choice not to have it that way.

For anyone in a smaller faction with aspirations to TW Fuzzy is sure they will applaud this move. They will have ample opportunity to battle each other and enjoy the aspect of not being wiped by the strongest or not even being able to get on the map in the 1st place.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • darklywithers
    edited February 2012
    Options

those mega wars will still happen but maybe not in the way your thinking. if 2 evenly matched factions are fighting those battles will still occur it just won't be with 2 factions all 100+ R8 & R9/Vana. (which is just charm **** for 3 hours...)
  • ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide
    ICasTBiDS - Raging Tide Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Should be a yearly thing, I hope they change it.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Very real (and most likely) possibility.

There is however a flip side of the coin. If the big factions get bored, there is nothing to stop them from disbanding of their own accord into smaller factions if they wish to have longer battles.

Fuzzy knows that the stronges tend to converge into 1 or 2 factions on a server, but if they are in turn going the be the ones complaining of being bored, they are also the ones with the choice not to have it that way.

And...
    Sure there will be 3 hour wars~ Just more 3 hour wars for the little factions to. Like when thaclick and darknes had 3 hour wars twice a week. Big factions will get fun tw's to if they focus on the other big factions.

We've already had 2 map resets on LC. While it was fun for everyone to NPC/PvE war, real competition doesn't actually start to form until 3-4 months down the road.

This is just a sad attempt to make the servers look more active than they really are as well as a passive aggressive sales pitch for more R9 players.

EDIT: And, I'll agree that map resets in themselves aren't a bad thing, however only when a map has become stagnant. LC is not stagnant.

The plus side is that no faction will ever own more than half the map ever again. So if your goal was to try taking the whole map, that's no longer a possibility.
  • darklywithers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And...

We've already had 2 map resets on LC. While it was fun for everyone to NPC/PvE war, real competition doesn't actually start to form until 3-4 months down the road.

This is just a sad attempt to make the servers look more active than they really are as well as a passive aggressive sales pitch for more R9 players.

I think this is more of an attempt to show how active the factions on each server really are.

there are plenty of faction around with many high lvls in them. this gives them a chance every 6 months to get on the map and keep their land and hopefully add more members to their roster. The power house factions will only be able to gobble up as much land as they can for 6 months. then everyone gets to have a go with PVE TW and attempting to hold what ever land they can grab.

Edit: this wouldn't have been needed if every faction on the server bid on land every week. doesn't matter how powerful a faction can be if they do not have enough people to attend all the TWs. The dark little secret of TW, with enough people participating even power house factions will still lose land simply because they do not have enough people to defend against 7 factions back to back.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited February 2012
    Options
    real competition

Fuzzy does see your point Michael, and isn't unsympathetic. However, those in smaller factions will have the opportunity to duke it out with each other for several months. The panda doubts players in those factions would't call it "real competition" and there is nothing wrong with that.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    3-4 Months? Sanctuary was down to top 4-5 factions within 5 weeks.

Stop exaggerating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • darklywithers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    3-4 Months? Sanctuary was down to top 4-5 factions within 3 weeks.

Stop exaggerating.

you realize that's a mathematical impossibility right ?
    edited February 2012
    Options
    3-4 Months? Sanctuary was down to top 4-5 factions within 5 weeks.

Stop exaggerating.

/facepalm

5 weeks after voluntary reset:
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/Territory%20Map/map45-2.jpg

5 weeks after hard reset:
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/Territory%20Map/map113.jpg

5 months after voluntary reset:
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/Territory%20Map/map60.jpg

5 months after hard reset:
    http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk246/luminatingheart/Perfect%20World/Territory%20Map/map127.jpg

Please think before you speak. Or go to a server where there are more players. Thanks for proving Sanctuary is dead.

b:bye
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    you realize that's a mathematical impossibility right ?

Factions and their alt factions...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Wadzio - Lost City
    Wadzio - Lost City Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options

Its a great idea of resetting the map. Michael, You dont even play active, You are a seasonal fighter and You talk smack... If You wanna have fun and want competition instead of bidding on CT just go and bid on VF... Its perfectly clear that Insurrect goal is TO HAVE LANDS (same as TF and ESS was before) at any cost... But I will enligthen You - except better geared players in big factions - there are guilds like DARKnes, LIONBURN, YaKuZa, AcidRain, Legend's, KageBushi - guild that cant compete currently against VF, CT, Insurrect, but they can fight each other and have really epic long fights... Are You saying Your better than them? Because You CS few items to +10/11? If You want competition dont hide and fight and let others have fun instead of ruining fun for others... But yea I forgot how You work...

Only smart thing You said in this topic is that none guild will be ever able to take the whole map... I would agree more with 9 months resets (maybe eventually 12), but the idea itself will give a lot of fun to many players across the servers... It will make TW more active, ppl build new alliance and have some fun for a bit longer time.
    Because size really MATTERS!!!
  • darklywithers
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Factions and their alt factions...

Power house factions and alt mid ranged to low ranged factions that can still be fought against by other factions.

Doesn't matter to me if i'm fighting an alt faction of a higher tier faction. all that matters is that my faction has a chance against this alt faction that it doesn't have against the main one.
    edited February 2012
    Options

Its a great idea of resetting the map. Michael, You dont even play active, You are a seasonal fighter and You talk smack... If You wanna have fun and want competition instead of bidding on CT just go and bid on VF... Its perfectly clear that Insurrect goal is TO HAVE LANDS (same as TF and ESS was before) at any cost... But I will enligthen You - except better geared players in big factions - there are guilds like DARKnes, LIONBURN, YaKuZa, AcidRain, Legend's, KageBushi - guild that cant compete currently against VF, CT, Insurrect, but they can fight each other and have really epic long fights... Are You saying Your better than them? Because You CS few items to +10/11? If You want competition dont hide and fight and let others have fun instead of ruining fun for others... But yea I forgot how You work...

I don't disagree with much of that, however... we've been through this twice before. For the first month or two it's only stronger guilds wiping off the weaker ones with very little competitive TWs... in the months that follow is when those mid-sized guilds start to shine. It isn't even till 4-5 months later that the larger guilds start taking up those mid sized ones.

And you're suffering from black pot syndrome. I'm NOT a smack talker and never have been. I'm a troll, I'll admit that much, but I've never participated in trash talking like you or other members of factions I've been in.

I'm pretty sure that any faction would take me because I've never personally attacked anyone in game, privately, publicly or on world chat. I've always stayed out of that **** and have almost always thanked my opposition for great fights....

Only smart thing You said in this topic is that none guild will be ever able to take the whole map... I would agree more with 9 months resets (maybe eventually 12), but the idea itself will give a lot of fun to many players across the servers... It will make TW more active, ppl build new alliance and have some fun for a bit longer time.

Posted earlier:
    EDIT: And, I'll agree that map resets in themselves aren't a bad thing, however only when a map has become stagnant. LC is not stagnant.
  • fuzzywuzz
    edited February 2012
    Options
    For the first month or two it's only stronger guilds wiping off the weaker ones with very little competitive TWs..

Fuzzy would think that with the knowledge of a reset every 6 months, the stronger guilds who want longer battles would make their across the map to a guild that offers a challenge asap instead of spending weeks crystal walking smaller factions.

In the past after resets Fuzzy has seen stronger factions doing anything but trying to advance towards another faction who may also be fairly strong. They seem to dilly-dally around and try to soak up as much land as possible before engaging each other in what may be a worth while battle.

Hopefully this change wil negate that from happening again.
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Assuming they give out good rewards to the champions like pwic gear, there will be more than enough competition. If you're that desperate for good fights, then have your faction park themselves in the middle of the map and blocking everyone's way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]