Post your thoughts on them removig Fairy Boxes

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Anyone who is better than me in any way in the game is either a f'in cashshopper or a f'in no lifer.

I play the game and use a f'in curse word in every sentence like a baws.

The world is just f'in jelly of me.

I ain't even f'in mad.
    You forgot to f'in ignore or bash all other f'in suggestions made by anyone at anytime. Coz they are all automatically f'in 'tards.
    Just f'in sayin'.
  • Evanera - Heavens Tear
    Evanera - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,423 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Alasen is one of those people that you just need to ignore 100% of the time. >_> Makes me glad they're on my ignore list every time someone quotes one of their posts QQ

Mine as well put Tallain_ and Chadric on your ignore list too then. It's the same person.
    Though sometimes it's funny to toy with him instead of just straight up ignoring. b:chuckle
  • Ikarium - Dreamweaver
    Ikarium - Dreamweaver Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Mine as well put Tallain_ and Chadric on your ignore list too then. It's the same person.
    Though sometimes it's funny to toy with him instead of just straight up ignoring. b:chuckle
    LMFAO!!
    I need to check core connect more often. Chadric is def the same person anyway. That adds a whole new dimension of sad to their posts b:chuckle
  • Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear
    Mystic-Night - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LMFAO!!
    I need to check core connect more often. Chadric is def the same person anyway. That adds a whole new dimension of sad to their posts b:chuckle

It's not THAT hard to tell. Just look at how often those 3 aliases type the word "fracking" and the over usage of "......". Not to mention the constant vulgarity in their posts, which not many people do nowadays. Just a few things I can remember at the moment. He also made it way too obvious yesterday when he tried to type in 3rd person on Tallain_ about Alasen, after I called him out for it in another thread. Or was it this one? Anyway.. lol :D b:chuckle
  • rrghyydf
    rrghyydf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    b:tired any updates?
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    rrghyydf wrote: »
    b:tired any updates?

If you hold your breath, you WILL die.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    China is doing the expansion right now, we'll probably have to remind Frankie to do something about this again in February. You know, like with the guild bases.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh look... here's a fracking shock..... they took out the one way we REALLY had to make serious coin (like it's been said b4.. w/o leaving your pc on 24/7 merchanting **** or other things that were already mentioned.... that not everyone has the time for or can even DO... e.g. squad mode TT's all day) when we're not 100... then they put it in the BOUTIQUE.....

Look everyone... FAIRY BOXES in the BOUTIQUE NOW

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=416601#more-416601

<- definitely going to be looking for another game soon.......... this was the last slap in the face proving they don't give a ****, just pull out the C.C....
  • Kristina_t - Heavens Tear
    Kristina_t - Heavens Tear Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Now we all know why they wanted to limit the amounts of ways to receive mirages in game. Not that this is by any means a shock.
  • XXMistyXx - Dreamweaver
    XXMistyXx - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh look... here's a fracking shock..... they took out the one way we REALLY had to make serious coin (like it's been said b4.. w/o leaving your pc on 24/7 merchanting **** or other things that were already mentioned.... that not everyone has the time for or can even DO... e.g. squad mode TT's all day) when we're not 100... then they put it in the BOUTIQUE.....

Look everyone... FAIRY BOXES in the BOUTIQUE NOW

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=416601#more-416601

<- definitely going to be looking for another game soon.......... this was the last slap in the face proving they don't give a ****, just pull out the C.C....

Wait until next week when they put the chi stone box in with all the stones snowmen droppedb:surrender
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    ^ wouldn't surprise me at this point
  • MariGrimoire - Sanctuary
    MariGrimoire - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    We all love numbers, so here are a few. Damn near everyone thinks those mirage packs are a joke, and waste of money, but do you know how bad it really is? Lets just go by base value you can npc Mirage for alone. 10k each
    10- 100k
    20- 200k
    50- 500k

Now.. what are the odds of hitting 50 every time? Logically, not very good, 1 in 10 if your lucky. Or else why put 3 possible rewards on opening?

The packs cost 50 silver each, IF gold was 1 mil each... you would break even per pack since 50 mirages would equal 500k. But gold is hovering between 1.5 and 2 mil, that is a massive deficite of 250-500k coin in losses. Worse if you get 20 mirages... or 10.

So lets see... 10 mirage... 100k... half the value of a gold... for example, 1.5 mil, so 750k. That is 650k loss, for mirages that sell in cat shops for 10.5-13k each. So the only way to make a profit, is if gold prices comes down... *checks the temp in hell, themometer is on fire* .... *shrugs*

Now... if some packs apeared in the event gold section, even in inflated prices... *pokes pwi* How about refreshing the stock in THAT place for a change?
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    bring back our damn boxes in solo mode!
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LOL what did you guys do before they even had fairy boxes in solo or squad? Sit and play with yourself to make money or what?

Solo Mode TT bosses have always dropped Mirage Celestone, Fairy Boxes simply replaced them. So even before Fairy Boxes, one could at least cover the associated costs from Mirage drops.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    LOL what did you guys do before they even had fairy boxes in solo or squad? Sit and play with yourself to make money or what?

I gather most people got to 9x and quit.

The fairy box drops revitalised the game for many people.
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I gather most people got to 9x and quit.

The fairy box drops revitalised the game for many people.

It sure did for me b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I realize this is an old thread but I was thinking about posting and decided that adding to this was better than starting a new one.

Seriously what was the point of removing them from solo mode as well as adding keys? And why haven't mirages been added back to solo mode at the very least? There is now 0 incentive to do solo TT mode as you are almost guaranteed to lose money lol.
  • groovie2000
    groovie2000 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Box Removal Wut will I do with the 30 or more keys they gave me
  • Fail_BM - Raging Tide
    Fail_BM - Raging Tide Posts: 929 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I realize this is an old thread but I was thinking about posting and decided that adding to this was better than starting a new one.

Seriously what was the point of removing them from solo mode as well as adding keys? And why haven't mirages been added back to solo mode at the very least? There is now 0 incentive to do solo TT mode as you are almost guaranteed to lose money lol.
    Players were getting away too much money doing solo TT's (I got millions, it was a lot for someone who didn't know who to merchant back then), then they decided to reduce the amount of money injected to our poor economy removing the boxes for solo runs. If you are strong enough you can do squad mode, but you know it takes time to normal players to get enough money to to get gear and solo TT...

The keys is a "clever" idea to make people's alt do BH. It's actually something good, but it was implemented too late, because nobody is doing TT for boxes anymore. So it's another fail attempt to make people do something different.
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    I point you to this page:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1220801&page=5

Start at the orange post.

now that you're back, How u feel about it? the only real way to make coin that they gave us, and they took it away. Ya, i can sit on my *** ALL DAY and grind mobs EVERY DAY in a 2X and make.... 1/4 of what i would be getting averaging (in 3-1 at least solo mode) 10 boxes a run in TT during 2X, 10 runs a day. that's 100 boxes a day, and u still have time to go outside and have a life. rofl

Now they took that away. Like i said in the other thread i had JSUT got a alt to 70. Seriously PW? This would break your pockets that much leaving them in? ya a MONTH long 2X, 100 boxes a day, minus the cost of U subs I'd make somewhere around 160 mil, in SIX MONTHS after BOTH toons opened all the boxes....... And with the prices of **** on here that's STILL not a whole lot..... And how often do u even do 2X, hell that month long 2X was the first month long one i seen.... usually lately it's been rare, and only a week long, if not just a weekend. .....

Just make it more obvious u dont' care about people that cant' charge more then ten bucks a month...... hell i'm pissed.... between this and the dragoon nerf...... I'm sorry but the devs are freaking morons if they can't just make Cyclo w/e, the Jail Boss just NOT POP ANY DRAGOONS. Not like their more then a nuisance anyway.

Edit: can a mod edit the title plz........ i misspelled removing....... >.< lol

Well you know..
    I just feel that...............If the fairy boxes are removed then they should convert out profits into a more....fashioned order.....You know?....
    Like....
    ...If you get on that horse, you should ride it.

Okay, on a more serious note, yes, I want them back...Please..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Players were getting away too much money doing solo TT's (I got millions, it was a lot for someone who didn't know who to merchant back then), then they decided to reduce the amount of money injected to our poor economy removing the boxes for solo runs. If you are strong enough you can do squad mode, but you know it takes time to normal players to get enough money to to get gear and solo TT...

The keys is a "clever" idea to make people's alt do BH. It's actually something good, but it was implemented too late, because nobody is doing TT for boxes anymore. So it's another fail attempt to make people do something different.

I will agree that it was good income for players but realistically...does that matter? Many players have huge issues with earning coin.

But even with the removal of fairy boxes couldn't they have at least given mirages back? I just did a 3-1 solo out of boredom and only got Pstones and blue mats.

The changes are so stupid it's ridiculous. Needing to do bh for a "daily sign in" item and not being able to get boxes from solo mode. No one does TT squaded. People might farm it on squad mode but finding a squad for it at all is so difficult why try?
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    If you want us to hear you out you have to hear us out too, this is why there is no logic amongst players. Putting myself in your shoes yes sorry fairy boxes are going bye bye sorry sorry, now i have to find alternative methods to make coin. This is how pwi is, depends if you gonna adapt or not. Adapting = acceptance.

I stopped reading the thread at this point, so apologies for any redundancies.

I don't do TT, never really did, but I have to say I sympathize with those lower level
    players who utilized it & fairy boxes for their coin. They found their niche, were happy
    with it, and now it's been taken away. They were having fun in the game, had goals & plans.
    Which have now been up-ended by this change. I understand why they are upset.

(And let me say here, this IS a game, and SUPPOSED to be fun. We all have plenty
    of opportunities to learn real-life lessons in, well, real life. This is ostensibly why we
    play this game--to escape the harsh realities of life.)

But I especially take exception to the players WHO ARE NOT IMPACTED BY THE
    CHANGE, adopting the cool, worldly-wise attitude and telling those who ARE
    AFFECTED, to just chil . . . adapt & accept. All your advice comes off as rather
    patronizing.

As the other unhappy poster said--let PWI **** the hell out of your nice,
    enjoyable way of making coin, and see if you are as complacent about it.
  • ponyduck
    ponyduck Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @Alasen You probably are older than me, but your maturity sure as hell isn't. You came here, you made your point, We simply suggested alternative methods of coin for you. But as soon as someone disagreed with you, you started raging in caps and stars thinking that this would get your point across like a little girl thats daddy just took her favorite toy away and throwing major tantrum fits. If you want people to take you seriously you could be more respectful about it, but hey you're only in your 90's. Majority of the lower lvls than i that i meet also rant like babies and then they stop to wonder why no one would help them.

At my lower lvls, i'd go and farm tt back when costs were 35k for 1 sub. I made 1mil a day max. i merchanted my tt99 gear when i was lvl 90 so i still had 9 lvls to go. Even now i have 11k(im a pure magic cleric) hp buffed but i still farm 3-3 everyday cause i am not end game yet.

Yes you do not have nirvy as an option or 3-3 so lvl up to 100 then and roll with it.

Now again ill say: if you want your point to get across stop acting like a brat and try to be respectful (U R SO STOOPID U CANT READ) this is not respectful if you wanted to know what respectful means b:bye

Can anyone say . . . irony? lol

I don't know the op or anyone else in this thread, but I have to say after continuing
    to read the thread, Alasen actually seems one of the more perceptive ones
    participating. (lol, and all I can do is swear I never heard of him/her before this
    thread). And none can claim exemption from throwing ad hominem attacks. Don't
    attack someone for doing what you yourself will stoop to.

Your last line made me laugh. It reminded me of a joke I once heard . . . . a guy
    said he had a really easy way to make tons of money in the stock market. "First,"
    he says, "get a million dollars . . . ." b:laugh

Sorry . . . was your penultimate line I was referring to.