[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Comments

• kellkodi
    kellkodi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    prof wrote: »
    why are you playing pw if you don't want any part in the pvp? the pve in this game sucks. the only reason anyone should bother playing this game is pvp and tw. b:shutup

@thread:

open the arena already you lazy ****

You really don't understand the problem. We can't do quests & farm (we can't go to the inner room). And LVL100 vs LVL49 is a correct PvP. Don't be ... This is not PvP.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    People are now camping the spawn point of where you hit when porting into the FB and killing everyone.

Please change this back (your "soon" seems to mean any length of time; we do not want weeks or months more of this nonsense). Now FB29 is also becoming undoable, which I assume is the whole reason you banned it in the first place.

I noticed them doing it about a week ago, "Thankfully my charis have yet to have been successfully sniped while I've ported in to tank for peaple, but many of the others haven't been so lucky."b:surrender Its amazing how pathetically desperate, some peaple are to prove themselves to be such TO0L's! b:angry That they go after even the peaple who're porting in, for that 1 second they're vulnerable trying to make it to the 29 dungeon.. "It was bad enough when the lows had only the mobs near the chest to worry about, but now the snipers and AOE TaRdZ are hanging around there aswell..b:surrender

I do hope the DEVs call that a USERs AGREEMENT Breech and have someone Ban the OFFENDING Accounts that are doing it, Permanently... b:worried

Cause the DEVs gotta understand, that the BLANKET protection! Excuse of a rule, that all Pks in SP! are excusable! Has got to go or that they Better look at it from a violations point of view! Like they did to me, when they banned my account for awhile in (Year 1) of the game. When I was SoLo TRASHING Gouff! with my (then) Level 48 VENO "While I Flew Over his Butt!"

Why! If that was Bannable, for an arguable event! That didn't even have a posted rule on it, back then..Do these TARDs get a "GET OUT of JAIL FREE CARD" Too EVERYTHING THEY Do! As THEY! DENY in EVERY WAY POSSIBLE! the rights of ACCESS to other (PLAYING! and many PAYING!!) MeMbErS??!!

Please Explain that too me PWE, for the Logic ELUDE's Me...b:surrender
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    prof wrote: »
    why are you playing pw if you don't want any part in the pvp? the pve in this game sucks. the only reason anyone should bother playing this game is pvp and tw. b:shutup

@thread:

open the arena already you lazy ****

Some of us have had enough PVP experience on other games to want nothing to do with it. That is why PVE exists, for players who don't think the only enjoyment in a game is pleasing their Epeen by whipping players less then half their level who are trying to get their culti and progress.

If they really think new players should be able to learn about PVP then fix the arena, add a concept of level tiers so there can be no 30 vs 100+, and give them an optional quest introduction to the arena. Key word in that is OPTIONAL. Also a spectator's area might be a good way to show them what PVP is like first without just throwing them in and expecting them with enjoy it.

I'm playing a PVE server because I want nothing to do with PVP. Duels would be enough for me so I so choose. Also I'm a tad curious as to why duels and PK mode are not enough for the PVP enthusiasts on PVE servers? You get to kill other people interested in killing in PK mode and duels even announce you as the winner to the general area. Call me crazy but being announced the victor seems like a little more of a real congratulations then a PK kill.
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    Some of us have had enough PVP experience on other games to want nothing to do with it. That is why PVE exists, for players who don't think the only enjoyment in a game is pleasing their Epeen by whipping players less then half their level who are trying to get their culti and progress.

If they really think new players should be able to learn about PVP then fix the arena, add a concept of level tiers so there can be no 30 vs 100+, and give them an optional quest introduction to the arena. Key word in that is OPTIONAL. Also a spectator's area might be a good way to show them what PVP is like first without just throwing them in and expecting them with enjoy it.

I'm playing a PVE server because I want nothing to do with PVP. Duels would be enough for me so I so choose. Also I'm a tad curious as to why duels and PK mode are not enough for the PVP enthusiasts on PVE servers? You get to kill other people interested in killing in PK mode and duels even announce you as the winner to the general area. Call me crazy but being announced the victor seems like a little more of a real congratulations then a PK kill.

LoLz!b:chuckle Even my Brother! b:chuckle Whose been on since the Original Closed Beta And is a Fervent PK Fanatic! On many other (MMO's) "So much so, that it seems thats all he ever plays, or eats or drinks or breaths!! other then PWi!!" Is as annoyed as all H*,*L! about this debacle! He luvs the Questing part of Perfect World, on the PvE Servers! and his new charis he's started up on since the x2 event started, have all been Ganked in SP, he even talked to me about how much BS it was, that he watched an ENRAGE member Drag SILVERFROST! Into the SPs safety zone, the other day, just to watch all the lower characters run into the killzones to escape frost, so they all got MASS GANKED By the waiting PK campers, the ENRAGE member was partied with...b:tired

And ya KnOw ITs a BAD SITUATION, when someone WHO (pro PKs) in other games constantly! Comes too you to complain about it...b:laugh
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    They sure are taking their sweet time "implementing" this. Maybe they'll fix it by Christmas as a "gift" to the players. But by then I imagine there will be only high lvls left and no new players coming into the game.
  • Sanna - Momaganon
    Sanna - Momaganon Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I am glad that the community taking it upon themself to contact the chinese version of the game had effect and we managed to bypass frankieraye to get this change. Nice job everyone!
  • Ogedei - Dreamweaver
    Ogedei - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I would love to see a pvp pvp instance myself. But I think making fb29 a pvp instance is just.. Silly! People are killing others at level 29 trying to get their fb done, and I don't consider this good pvp at all. I myself don't pvp in this instance just for that reason. If you do make the arena work, or make an other pvp instance, then I would love to take part of it myself.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow that's a hammer down approach to this. Personally I love PvP, it provides a human element to the game, mobs are easy, predictable, they run to you and attack in a sequence, and never stray. I don't understand how people who are purely PvE stand it. b:surrender

Though I'm sad its being reverted, I like the penalty free thing, I don't have to keep relogging for SL. And from what I've seen on HL most people let you pass, and if they don't, wait a few they're gonna die and you can cross. and some will even take a break from from the fighting to help a random newbie.

Honestly if there were more active GMs enforcing the rules I don't believe there would have been such an angry backlash about Secret passage turning into a PvP arena this. But I doubt we'll ever get the same GM presence like when PW started, and thus no enforcement of the rules, so people will abuse them. b:surrender

TBH I'd volunteer to GM the game just to get it slightly the way it was.
    PVP is for people that have noselfesteam and like being compleat jerks to people that just want to relax and have fun
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    PVP is for people that have noselfesteam and like being complete jerks to people that just want to relax and have fun

I think this quote best represents why the free for all PK (notice I didnt say PVP) has shown the change in SP to be a huge failure to introduce new players to PVP. Until fewer players have a goal to harass other players instead of actually participating in TRUE PVP any area set up to be a true free for all PVP area will just be another FAILURE of the game. The real PVP players dont have interest in target practice of any player more then 10 levels below them.

I do want to note the quote above is not diminishing but only GROWING as more and more new players are becoming target dummies.
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    I would love to see a pvp pvp instance myself. But I think making fb29 a pvp instance is just.. Silly! People are killing others at level 29 trying to get their fb done, and I don't consider this good pvp at all. I myself don't pvp in this instance just for that reason. If you do make the arena work, or make an other pvp instance, then I would love to take part of it myself.

One place they could put it that would make it interesting for a free PvP zone, would be to make a parallel instance of the SNAKE ISLAND RACE instance without the racing path itself and any player number limits, but Keeping the little DEBUFF mob/blips that inhabit the SNAKE Isle! b:pleased "Now that would make it an interesting experience to Pk near, I imagine even Rank 9s would have the possibility of going down if 1 of those Rogue Blip Mobs paralysed them, and the blips may even keep PK cheat groups who run to save their loosing friends, from being able to save them, that could make Pk in there Quite interesting, would keep everyone on their toes too, b:pleased LoLzZz.... b:chuckle

And they could even put an entrance to it on SLITTs Island East of Archo, that would even put it within the same distance from Archo that SP is...b:victory

so that could make a viable, spot for Free PK, that could be easily made in little time..
  • ircguru
    ircguru Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Good, we need to remove pkers out of Secret Passage. You ruined it for everyone else. Pkers have been nasty and just don't let people complete it. It is a shame you could not penaliize these jerks for ruining for others or at least put a new rule. Only have it for people that want to do the Pking so it is fair. Thanks for wasting people's time. Perfect World has really ruined it for me and others. Thanks for nothing!!!! ):
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    please give me a timeframe for the pk'ers being gone. i'm seriously ready to quit the game every time i get ganked in there. and have turned down mates and guildies who desperately need my help in there.

also, me and everyone i know still ARE NOT BUYING ZHEN UNTIL IT'S REVERSED.

answer now, please. and 'soon' is just not going to cut it anymore

b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    Runelle - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ITT: whinewhinewhinewhine
  • Ellisandro - Archosaur
    Ellisandro - Archosaur Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    ITT: whinewhinewhinewhine

people from pk servers aren't having the issues with this that we are for many reasons already stated in these discussions. so, you really have no say in it. that being said, please go away now b:bye
  • Lady_Zylphia - Heavens Tear
    Lady_Zylphia - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Didn't realize how bad this really was until I made this toon and wanted to go in to do quests... As was typical of this guild they were guarding SP now like they used to certain rooms in the Cube. In Cube you just grit your teeth and bear it, since it's to be expected... but in SP the rules clearly stated that griefing of low levels who needed quests was not allowed. And yet people are still doing it.

One of their wizards just stood at the entrance way and AOE'd the entire time which wouldn't let anyone through, at least anyone low level (even 90+ sometimes).

I mean really what were you guys thinking PWE? Trying to play this down was just stupid. I can't enjoy the game like I want to because of this. PK servers don't even have this trouble.

I've reported anyone who killed me while I was trying to get through for questing already but I honestly doubt anything will be done. Especially to people who cash shop lol. So they go without punishment.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Any bets on if the NEW content will come before the fix to SP?
  • Darqueanisa - Raging Tide
    Darqueanisa - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    This is getting old.

I orginally thought I could skip the quest I had needing me to go into SP. But the list of quests that REQUIRE I go into SP are steadily growing.

I have over 5 current quest ALL of which REQUIRE SP.

WTF?!

Granted I do not lose Exp when I'm TKO'ed by a higher lvl....but I do lose Patience. It's one thing to be offed right in the entance...it's a whole other story when I make it where I need to be...only to have some sadistic higher lvl hand me my @ss and send me right back to where I came from.

So here I am in the b:cryboat with all my other fellow noobs, wondering what "soon" really means. A little clarification here would be nice. A week, A month...."Hey we'll fix it by this time NEXT YEAR."

Something....
  • Courtneyabwy - Lost City
    Courtneyabwy - Lost City Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Mad props on the revert. If they cant keep a player around and interested in this game for at least 30 levels (especially during double xp/sp) they will most certainly lose some revenue. It's always a good idea to keep the newer players around long enough to get them into the game :p I really don't think this decision was actually based on what the players wanted. It was however the best decision for the game. Anyhow r8, r9 players killing blue names will enjoy it a few weeks longer....must make them feel powerful sitting at their computer killing people 70 levels below them:) kkthxbai
    Haterz Gunna Hate b:laugh
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Don't worry people PWe say "soon" *sarcasm* b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    To be with in the time frame Frankie said it would happen... at midnight... 15 more days till deadline.

Will PWE make the cut or will the players start writing more emails and letters?
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    To be with in the time frame Frankie said it would happen... at midnight... 15 more days till deadline.

Will PWE make the cut or will the players start writing more emails and letters?

The players will have to do some more prodding, probably. If it's not within the next two patches(if there is any maintenance that is), then they need that fire re-lit under their bums.
  • Aowenn - Archosaur
    Aowenn - Archosaur Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.

So what are people doing now?

PKing when people go for Silverfrost quest.

I was pk'd when i was on my way to do silverfrost quest twice.

What's the point in having a quest if pvpers just kill you on the way?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Sheesh, chill. They will patch it whenever China includes it.
    No amount of threatening will make it go any faster lol

And the griefers on Sanc are rather amusing tbh. Went in to help a friend with frostie the other day, first a psy snuck up and hit me. I could literally see her go *OH SH** !!!* when I jumped out of fox form. They left after a few minutes since our high levels got fun in killing people who harass others lol

Arrvied at frost... I suddenly see arrows flying at it while were killing him. Look up, a sin there. Sin figures we noticed him, stealthes. Lost interest, killed frost. Later I see him again, pouncing on some innocent cleric who was going for FB29. Oneshot him, he gave me a wall of *QQ u bich* b:chuckle

Of course that's the exprience of a 101 veno but still.. I'm amazed by how our pkers actually stick up for the lowbies in there. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Eilexa - Heavens Tear
    Eilexa - Heavens Tear Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    The players will have to do some more prodding, probably. If it's not within the next two patches(if there is any maintenance that is), then they need that fire re-lit under their bums.

@Dracona, I saw your sig, and maybe you wanna ad my thread? I made it for the Pkers and non pkers who had some great ideas to share with the devs for an ideal pk instance.

New PVP Instance Suggestions:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1186101
    "Care Bear" b:chuckle

Proud member of Drakon - forever !! RAWR
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    @Dracona, I saw your sig, and maybe you wanna ad my thread? I made it for the Pkers and non pkers who had some great ideas to share with the devs for an ideal pk instance.

New PVP Instance Suggestions:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1186101

I loved your thread and thank you for taking the time to start it. It just irritates me that the 'Care bears' are the ones giving the majority if not all of the ideas. Watching the idiots scream for their play land to have target practice on low level players and not see ANY of them give any detailed thought out ideas other then "ugh open arena' sure doesnt give me much desire to do anything to help them. What upsets me even more is that the PWI developers would listen to those people when they could engage any of the 'care bear' players, who continue to pump money into this game, could give them a long list of creative ideas.

Players made threads offering suggestions to this and many other problems which have come up LONG before any of the MODs asked for ideas. The question to me are these ideas actually getting to the developers or do people have to go to the tournaments and camp the developers for ideas to get heard?

15days till the deadline
  • Broederjr - Lost City
    Broederjr - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    what surprises me most is this takes 3-4 weeks and some things take 3-4months+ i mean cmon first give us stuff you promised months ago instead this stupid SP **** funny how in lsot city there are 2-3 ppkl max there and here i see PVE servers camp them kind ashows tehy need to go pvp instead then the fun goes away from it
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    the kicker to all that is it's one variable in a plain text file ANYONE can fix. (it's server side)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    so it's still "being" reverted? trololololol.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I heard on guild chat a bit ago that the SP has been fixed. but i didnt feel like flying over there just to check it out. can anyone verify that?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I heard on guild chat a bit ago that the SP has been fixed. but i didnt feel like flying over there just to check it out. can anyone verify that?

It has not, I was just there today for Crimson Pendant on my Psy and was PKed repeatedly. Apparently using flight to reach the Hall of Deception and various quest items is no longer a safe method of travel as PKs now use that to hunt down lowbies who have figured out they can fly in SP.