[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

frankieraye
frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.
Post edited by frankieraye on

Comments

• Zanryu - Harshlands
    Zanryu - Harshlands Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    You say that like our feedback actually means something.
  • buffnuts
    buffnuts Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you soooooo much Frankie!!!!!! I take back all of the nasty things I said about you(and thought about you, etc....)b:victoryb:thanks
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Wow. Just wow. That is absolutely awesome news. Today has given me a LOT to cheer about.

Special thanks to Kritty and Shelly for all you've done. b:kiss

Thanks, too, to FrankieRaye. And I hope you're feeling much better.
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    yay! I can quest again :)
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I knew this would happen.......... now we won't get any pvp arena because pw can't spare a day or two to make us one.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Oh thank goodness!

Thank you Frankie and the PWE team for solving this problem *relatively* quickly!b:thanks

Frankie, KrittyCat and Shelly totally deserve an applause after going through a weeks worth of forum inferno with this issue. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Does this mean we will soon have a maintenance? Does this also mean the players on the Chinese servers were equally upset about this forced PVP and promoted harassment?
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Does this mean we will soon have a maintenance? Does this also mean the players on the Chinese servers were equally upset about this forced PVP and promoted harassment?

I'm wondering the same. But still extremely relieved.

Thank you for informing us Frankie.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lame. I guess time to change my sig.
  • Hera_aether - Sanctuary
    Hera_aether - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Lame. I guess time to change my sig.

Noobs: "QQ I gotz pked in SP QQ"
    PWI: "NO PKZ IN SECRET PASSAGE!!!"
    Okeano: "**** that!"
    Devs: "Oh btw, we made that into a PK instance, even for blue names. Trololol"
    Okeano: "Suckers."
    PWI Community: "Bullying is for sissies!"
    PWI: "True, dat."

Nah, go ahead and leave it. It's the perfect expression of how pathetic you are. Fixed it for ya though.

Pwnd.
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Let's have a round of applause for a well made decision! b:victory
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    It's the right decision but really it would be nice to have a free pvp area somewhere.

I bet it will take like 4 months to get here though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Nah, go ahead and leave it. It's the perfect expression of how pathetic you are.

Pwnd.

Loving the hate. b:victory
  • sephrep
    sephrep Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:byecensorship
  • Radamanthys - Heavens Tear
    Radamanthys - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    lol QQ'ers win
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    lol QQ'ers win

awe dont be upset ***hats still have the exploits and world chat to QQ because they cant harass.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yay they fixed something that the majority of the community wanted fixed.

And then they made the dumbest sale to date and have finally driven the nail into the coffin. The only thing left is to wait for the oxygen to run out before the game dies.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    b:victoryb:victory Thanks Frankie for working so swiftly on our behalf! And thanks to Shelly and Kritty for going above and beyond the call of duty with their responses and support during this issue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited September 2011
    I just hope it's not "Coming Soon" like the R9 gear for Earthguards, or reverting TT back to it's original state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andres - Dreamweaver
    Andres - Dreamweaver Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    And I just found a new sig!

But thanks for the change, I agree it was needed, even though I never go to SP. I mean, most endgame instances can be effed up. Warsong wont give you your token of best luck, frostcovered is bugged as hell, delta took you like 2 years to fix.... rank 9 for EG like 6 months and counting to bring out. Took almost the same 6 months to realize the TW pay change was killing TW balance even more, contrary to your own beliefs... Magic defense buff time duration never fixed....

But god forbids level 29 characters that probably don't even represent a tenth of your income gets PKed.

Priorities. you do it right. Good job!
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    We came, we saw, we painted it red.
    10/10/10 Calamity
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Wow. Just wow. That is absolutely awesome news. Today has given me a LOT to cheer about.

Special thanks to Kritty and Shelly for all you've done. b:kiss

Thanks, too, to FrankieRaye. And I hope you're feeling much better.

b:sad Ok, I see how it is... b:cry
  • Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear
    Dr_Jeckyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Awesome. It sounds like maybe the Chinese players don't like having lowbies Ganked by bullies either; since it is being implemented there too.

What about the Arena? Can we get some idea on that?
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Yay they fixed something that the majority of the community wanted fixed.

And then they made the dumbest sale to date and have finally driven the nail into the coffin. The only thing left is to wait for the oxygen to run out before the game dies.

I actually can't understand why such a fuss is being made about this sale, as if people were actually surprised it could happen. Every MMO I've ever played has the pattern of: expensive/hard to get
    > cheap/easy to get. It was really just a matter of time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver
    BaldwinBoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Cough edit old sticky saying PK is fine in SP cough to reflect this!
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    @Andres - Dreamweaver: Gamers reference in your sig?
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Another soon..... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    people got what they wanted, it's funny how they still complain.
  • FatalFem - Heavens Tear
    FatalFem - Heavens Tear Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I knew this would happen.......... now we won't get any pvp arena because pw can't spare a day or two to make us one.

I told all the people camping the instance that this would happen if they continued to harass players. They just wanted to LOL... and whatnot. He who has the last laugh....
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

SUBTEXT:

The Chinese PvE population complained too much, so they decided to revert it. It's nice that the sentiment of PWI players is the same, because their fate is actually always decided by what the CN players want.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    And I just found a new sig!

But thanks for the change, I agree it was needed, even though I never go to SP. I mean, most endgame instances can be effed up. Warsong wont give you your token of best luck, frostcovered is bugged as hell, delta took you like 2 years to fix.... rank 9 for EG like 6 months and counting to bring out. Took almost the same 6 months to realize the TW pay change was killing TW balance even more, contrary to your own beliefs... Magic defense buff time duration never fixed....

But god forbids level 29 characters that probably don't even represent a tenth of your income gets PKed.

Priorities. you do it right. Good job!

Yeah I am sure your stats are accurate ... You are so good at giving accurate data. By the way where did you get your data seeing as you say you never go to SP?