[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Comments

• mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wait what? people cant handle pvp? oh please!! what about the people form PVP servers, they get wacked 24/7!! not the SP arena >.< come on!

I have played on PVP servers... the childish garbage going on in SP on PVE servers would never happen as those childish players would get their A$$ handed to them outside of SP anytime they stepped foot out the door. But again it is your CHOICE to play PVP. Those people on a PVE server chose NOT to participate yet the company felt it was a GOOD idea to force those players to pvp. They further took the step to embrace the idea by promoting the harassment going against their own TOS.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Si.

I'm sure everyone here cares about how well you can or can't speak Japanese.

Back OT: Any day now. No hurry... just a few more frustrated players... who cares, right?

Awwww d0nt hate little 0ne, I am just practicing my current 3 weeks 0f actual Japanese language studies. I kn0w it is n0t very g00d but I y0u have t0 start at the beginning s0me where n0?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • knightshonor
    knightshonor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    u all made the sp to where u dont even gotta be in pk mode to get killed i tried to do quest in there and was unable to do to high lvls killing me. I couldnt even get thru the first room without being killed. I had to actually ask permission to get thru and was told i could but then got killed again and again ect. i died 9xs and couldnt even kill one mob. Now that a lvl 100 or higher can kill me doing quest how am i to get them complete. Not e1 plays this game to pk if i wanted to pk i would be in pk mode or on a pvp server. Some enjoy the game for the quest and company of those that respect others. Not these that kill a lvl 33 and r lvl 100 or more just because they can. This is not fair to those that r lower and r trying to just enjoy the game. If u want to make it a pk zone why not make it for those in pk mode only. Or give them a cave just for that.
  • piranhakeet
    piranhakeet Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow, just look at some of the responses from the L100+ crowd on this thread.
    And you notice it's only the 100+ crowd making the stupid comments and accusations that if we, those who picked a PVE server, don't like being ambushed by several L100's then we are QQing? Whining and complaining? Seriously? Are you people really this stupid?

Hey brain-dead morons, we are on a PVE server. Notice PVE? It's different than PVP server. I realize many of you are too stupid to figure out the difference. But make no mistake, there is a difference. Gee, wonder why people picked a PVE server? Hummmmmm???? Think hard...

Ahhhm yes, they tell us it's because we are, wait for it...........Afraid?!?!?! Bwahahaha, yea, that's it. Then, ahem, why are you tardos on here too? Why did you guys pick a PVE server to begin with? WHY ARE YOU HERE????

Did you know.....There are PVP servers? YES!!!! It's true, there are servers out there where you can PK day and night. Unless of course, you are afraid? And isn't that the answer? Isn't that what you accuse us of? Before anymore ******* come on here and pop off and QQ about how sad it is they can't pawn low level players anymore. Ask yourself, why are you on a PVE server to begin with? This doesn't require deep thought. If you can figure out how auction works you should be able to figure this out too? Ehhh, maybe not?

Perhaps you PKtards who camped out SP should go to PVP servers? This hasn't occurred to you yet, has it? After-all, this is what you are all about, right? Ahhh, of course, it's not really the full PK experience you want? I see, it's the ability to pawn lower levels with little or no recourse you enjoyed. (read: sociopath with control issues) It's like, why do gamers **** the game for an advantage just so you can feel superior whan you know yourself you dont have skills enough to win without cheating? Where's the glory in this behaviour? Killing easy prey makes you feel better? Really? Why bother gaming?

Notice how it's only the 100+ crowd that expects the pawned to just deal with it? Notice how they sell their harassment? Ahh yes, it's only takes a few minutes of your day to tele back to city? Right? So this should be no big deal they say. Of course they are too stupid to figure out that this isn't a one time deal. No, in fact, everytime you go back to SP, they'll just kill you over, and over, and over and over, till you stop going in. And apparently this is no big deal and we should just deal with it. No mention of the fact that it robs my hp charm and killed my two sparks. It's just a real hassle to deal with you PKtrads that just don't get it. And no, in the end you still don't get your quest done. Me, I still need silver frost. All last week my squad kept getting ambushed. I suppose it will be another 2 or 3 weeks before I actually get it done.

So now the L100's on this thread are the ones QQing. Awwww Whaaaaa we don't get to pawn lower levels any more?!?!?! Boo Hoo, cry me a river you losers. Whha, we don't get to have any fun now....Whaaaaa. Yea, let's hear it. Just lost you're one place to PK without risk. Ha! I LOVE IT!!!!
    Well maybe you QQers should think about joining a PVP server? Or, did you know, you can go into PK mode on a PVE server? Yes, it's true! You can.

Honestly I don't have a problem or "fear" of PKing. I love to duel. It's just that SP wasn't a good place for this. I am strongly in favor of a PK zone like this somewhere else besides SP. That's a great idea!

But they way a number of people camped SP and harassed, taunted, griefed and disallowed people doing quests was a real low point. You only have yourselves to thank for this reverse. Personally I couldn't be happier.
    edited September 2011
    And you notice it's only the 100+ crowd making the stupid comments and accusations that if we, those who picked a PVE server, don't like being ambushed by several L100's then we are QQing? Whining and complaining? Seriously? Are you people really this stupid?

Hey brain-dead morons, we are on a PVE server. Notice PVE? It's different than PVP server. I realize many of you are too stupid to figure out the difference. But make no mistake, there is a difference. Gee, wonder why people picked a PVE server? Hummmmmm???? Think hard...

Ahhhm yes, they tell us it's because we are, wait for it...........Afraid?!?!?! Bwahahaha, yea, that's it. Then, ahem, why are you tardos on here too? Why did you guys pick a PVE server to begin with? WHY ARE YOU HERE????

Did you know.....There are PVP servers? YES!!!! It's true, there are servers out there where you can PK day and night. Unless of course, you are afraid? And isn't that the answer? Isn't that what you accuse us of? Before anymore ******* come on here and pop off and QQ about how sad it is they can't pawn low level players anymore. Ask yourself, why are you on a PVE server to begin with? This doesn't require deep thought. If you can figure out how auction works you should be able to figure this out too? Ehhh, maybe not?

Perhaps you PKtards who camped out SP should go to PVP servers? This hasn't occurred to you yet, has it? After-all, this is what you are all about, right? Ahhh, of course, it's not really the full PK experience you want? I see, it's the ability to pawn lower levels with little or no recourse you enjoyed. (read: sociopath with control issues) It's like, why do gamers **** the game for an advantage just so you can feel superior whan you know yourself you dont have skills enough to win without cheating? Where's the glory in this behaviour? Killing easy prey makes you feel better? Really? Why bother gaming?

Notice how it's only the 100+ crowd that expects the pawned to just deal with it? Notice how they sell their harassment? Ahh yes, it's only takes a few minutes of your day to tele back to city? Right? So this should be no big deal they say. Of course they are too stupid to figure out that this isn't a one time deal. No, in fact, everytime you go back to SP, they'll just kill you over, and over, and over and over, till you stop going in. And apparently this is no big deal and we should just deal with it. No mention of the fact that it robs my hp charm and killed my two sparks. It's just a real hassle to deal with you PKtrads that just don't get it. And no, in the end you still don't get your quest done. Me, I still need silver frost. All last week my squad kept getting ambushed. I suppose it will be another 2 or 3 weeks before I actually get it done.

So now the L100's on this thread are the ones QQing. Awwww Whaaaaa we don't get to pawn lower levels any more?!?!?! Boo Hoo, cry me a river you losers. Whha, we don't get to have any fun now....Whaaaaa. Yea, let's hear it. Just lost you're one place to PK without risk. Ha! I LOVE IT!!!!
    Well maybe you QQers should think about joining a PVP server? Or, did you know, you can go into PK mode on a PVE server? Yes, it's true! You can.

Honestly I don't have a problem or "fear" of PKing. I love to duel. It's just that SP wasn't a good place for this. I am strongly in favor of a PK zone like this somewhere else besides SP. That's a great idea!

But they way a number of people camped SP and harassed, taunted, griefed and disallowed people doing quests was a real low point. You only have yourselves to thank for this reverse. Personally I couldn't be happier.

0ver fl0wing river 0f QQ here excuse me while I set up sand bags.
  • malkivian
    malkivian Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hi there folks, after reading some post I think I have to say this once again:

Defending the idea of "Encouraging" PVP in a PVE server is the most heaviest load of bullcrap ever seen.

I thought that it was the reason to have PVE and PVP servers, so everyone whould just pick the one they wanted to play in.

The fact of having quests in SP or not, to be able to accomplish them there or outside is NOT the issue, if a person wanted to play in a PVE server why to force them to PVP thru some encouragement ****? They went to a PVE server to have fun playing around killing mobs and doing quests while having fun with others who wanted the same.

Not to mention that is not really wise to promote PVP when the ones doing the kills are the high level players and the prey are the low level ones... yeah the person who gave birth to this idea is sooooo brilliant, I'm amazed.

Can't do anything else to sadly laugh at all this SORE LOSERS who think they are some kind of PRO players just because they ran around red named in a server where most of the people went to kill mobs and do quests. Come on, grow a friggin pair!.

PVP server credit-card-warriors deserve almost the same sad treatment, but hey, they at least went to play in a PVP Server! I'll give them that much.

Do you really want to feel and enjoy a PVP experience? a REAL one? go to a First Person Shooter game, and if you want to feel REALLY pro go to one of those with no cashshop at all, THEN (only then) you can see your self at the mirror and feel like a PVPer. Otherwhise you are nothing else than a sorry person with a heavy problem of selfsteem.

PVP in SP or not, red named players in a Plaver vs Environment server are LAME, wildly pathetic. If in a PVE server you do really have the need to test your iron against other players then start a Duel or go to a TW.

Peace b:cool

Now, on an end note: Thanks to the staff for listening to the community tho. Fixed later is rather good than never fixed.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.
    edited September 2011
    malkivian wrote: »
    Hi there folks, after reading some post I think I have to say this once again:

Defending the idea of "Encouraging" PVP in a PVE server is the most heaviest load of bullcrap ever seen.

I thought that it was the reason to have PVE and PVP servers, so everyone whould just pick the one they wanted to play in.

The fact of having quests in SP or not, to be able to accomplish them there or outside is NOT the issue, if a person wanted to play in a PVE server why to force them to PVP thru some encouragement ****? They went to a PVE server to have fun playing around killing mobs and doing quests while having fun with others who wanted the same.

Not to mention that is not really wise to promote PVP when the ones doing the kills are the high level players and the prey are the low level ones... yeah the person who gave birth to this idea is sooooo brilliant, I'm amazed.

Can't do anything else to sadly laugh at all this SORE LOSERS who think they are some kind of PRO players just because they ran around red named in a server where most of the people went to kill mobs and do quests. Come on, grow a friggin pair!.

PVP server credit-card-warriors deserve almost the same sad treatment, but hey, they at least went to play in a PVP Server! I'll give them that much.

Do you really want to feel and enjoy a PVP experience? a REAL one? go to a First Person Shooter game, and if you want to feel REALLY pro go to one of those with no cashshop at all, THEN (only then) you can see your self at the mirror and feel like a PVPer. Otherwhise you are nothing else than a sorry person with a heavy problem of selfsteem.

PVP in SP or not, red named players in a Plaver vs Environment server are LAME, wildly pathetic. If in a PVE server you do really have the need to test your iron against other players then start a Duel or go to a TW.

Peace b:cool

Now, on an end note: Thanks to the staff for listening to the community tho. Fixed later is rather good than never fixed.

Thanks guys and keep up the good work.

Y0u realize PWI did n0ne 0f this t0 make the players happy right...?
  • malkivian
    malkivian Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Y0u realize PWI did n0ne 0f this t0 make the players happy right...?

I don't really know about that friend, the GM's are there for something tho, if they are the ones fixing it or spreading the word to the chinese about the negative response about the SP ****, if it's being fixed to avoid rage quiting or to make us happy, I don't really know.

Still they are the ones who at least or at some degree keep the game running and I enjoy this game so yeah, I'm thankful with everything that improves or enhance my game experience.
    edited September 2011
    malkivian wrote: »
    I don't really know about that friend, the GM's are there for something tho, if they are the ones fixing it or spreading the word to the chinese about the negative response about the SP ****, if it's being fixed to avoid rage quiting or to make us happy, I don't really know.

Still they are the ones who at least or at some degree keep the game running and I enjoy this game so yeah, I'm thankful with everything that improves or enhance my game experience.

Let me rephrase this, PWI did n0t decide t0 change this in 0ut best interest. Unhappy players mean less new m0ney in their p0ckets, meaning less business etc.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm kind of sad to see that new players voicing out on the forums have such a bad view of PvP. Note, the distinction in PvE and PvP servers was not made to isolate those in PvE servers from any PvP experience. I see it as more of a convenience, as it can be costly to maintain yourself on a pvp server. PvP is still a part of the game, but I just feel it a shame, that in the condition Pwi's pvp is in today, new players do not seem to get the impression that it's something fun they may one day want to try or become active in. They just want to hide from it.

Makes me sad for the future of PWI's and my own server's PvP scene.
  • Nahleanna - Sanctuary
    Nahleanna - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm kind of sad to see that new players voicing out on the forums have such a bad view of PvP. Note, the distinction in PvE and PvP servers was not made to isolate those in PvE servers from any PvP experience. I see it as more of a convenience, as it can be costly to maintain yourself on a pvp server. PvP is still a part of the game, but I just feel it a shame, that in the condition Pwi's pvp is in today, new players do not seem to get the impression that it's something fun they may one day want to try or become active in. They just want to hide from it.

personaly sense you have voiced your view mine is simple PvP shuold be 100% banned in the gameing

i just wish they would revert it already this is getting older then dirt
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011

There would be a HUGE reason for so many new players being so against PVP as some of your fellow players on PVE servers have done as much as they can to ruin it by harassing others instead of actually participating in true PVP instead of target practice on much lower and often under geared players who have chosen to quest. Who would have fun being a target dummy to some childish bully and want to participate? If the developers didnt fail so bad in what they claim to be an introduction to PVP more players might have gotten an interest in doing some similar level PVP. So you can stop trying to shame or push people into PVP when what was given to us was a pure blunder and failed attempt at anything productive to encourage anything but embrace and promote harassment.

How about we focus more on positive ideas for an area for promoting PVP including more details of what would be available inside this area. So far the players people claim are just QQing about SP have given more ideas then those who are crying cause they are going to lose their play ground.
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011

b:chuckle Sadly, most of those PK'tards did come from the PvP servers originally, and ran away with their Lil'Ol'Fail baby butts! To the safety of the basic~blue name PvE servers, so they could level without constantly loosing their gears to the original hardcore players on the PvP's. they just don't want ya to know that, when they act like total TARDs by sniping everyone! b:thanks

Thats why they act out in the PvEs like a bunch of totally RHABID To,Ol'S! they got issues about being in the PvP servers initially.b:pleased

It's sad really that they take out their frustrations on others, rather then jst grow up< maybe they all need to see Shrinks.... lolololzz
  • SteelMagolia - Heavens Tear
    SteelMagolia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So, Frankie, can you tell us worthless lowbies when the SP will be safe for us to reenter and do our quests? Or do we have to guess? Or risk loss of exp, etc by being killed by pimple faced PKers who think that they are showing their so called manliness by killing those who cant possibly defend themselves?
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So, Frankie, can you tell us worthless lowbies when the SP will be safe for us to reenter and do our quests? Or do we have to guess? Or risk loss of exp, etc by being killed by pimple faced PKers who think that they are showing their so called manliness by killing those who cant possibly defend themselves?

Actually you can't lose exp from a PK, and from my knowledge, you can't lose exp at all from any death in SP since it's a free-for-all. I think that'll change when they revert SP back. And if someone pk's you just report them with a screenshot of it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    personaly sense you have voiced your view mine is simple PvP shuold be 100% banned in the gameing

i just wish they would revert it already this is getting older then dirt

Wow that's a hammer down approach to this. Personally I love PvP, it provides a human element to the game, mobs are easy, predictable, they run to you and attack in a sequence, and never stray. I don't understand how people who are purely PvE stand it. b:surrender

Though I'm sad its being reverted, I like the penalty free thing, I don't have to keep relogging for SL. And from what I've seen on HL most people let you pass, and if they don't, wait a few they're gonna die and you can cross. and some will even take a break from from the fighting to help a random newbie.

Honestly if there were more active GMs enforcing the rules I don't believe there would have been such an angry backlash about Secret passage turning into a PvP arena this. But I doubt we'll ever get the same GM presence like when PW started, and thus no enforcement of the rules, so people will abuse them. b:surrender

TBH I'd volunteer to GM the game just to get it slightly the way it was.
    I <3 A lot of people
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    There would be a HUGE reason for so many new players being so against PVP as some of your fellow players on PVE servers have done as much as they can to ruin it by harassing others instead of actually participating in true PVP instead of target practice on much lower and often under geared players who have chosen to quest. Who would have fun being a target dummy to some childish bully and want to participate? If the developers didnt fail so bad in what they claim to be an introduction to PVP more players might have gotten an interest in doing some similar level PVP. So you can stop trying to shame or push people into PVP when what was given to us was a pure blunder and failed attempt at anything productive to encourage anything but embrace and promote harassment.

How about we focus more on positive ideas for an area for promoting PVP including more details of what would be available inside this area. So far the players people claim are just QQing about SP have given more ideas then those who are crying cause they are going to lose their play ground.

Many players I speak to from the beginning think PvP is all about Epeen. They don't seem to see how it can be fun, or realize you can transcend that mentality if you just have a little self control. Which was my point, which you have twisted again. Not that I'm surprised, or even impressed. I have already spoken out as to where I believe it would be best to open a pvp instance, as I remember you came to show me love on that thread as well <3
  • WhiteBish - Momaganon
    WhiteBish - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Aww I like SP how it is b:surrender
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow that's a hammer down approach to this. Personally I love PvP, it provides a human element to the game, mobs are easy, predictable, they run to you and attack in a sequence, and never stray. I don't understand how people who are purely PvE stand it. b:surrender

Though I'm sad its being reverted, I like the penalty free thing, I don't have to keep relogging for SL. And from what I've seen on HL most people let you pass, and if they don't, wait a few they're gonna die and you can cross. and some will even take a break from from the fighting to help a random newbie.

Honestly if there were more active GMs enforcing the rules I don't believe there would have been such an angry backlash about Secret passage turning into a PvP arena this. But I doubt we'll ever get the same GM presence like when PW started, and thus no enforcement of the rules, so people will abuse them. b:surrender

TBH I'd volunteer to GM the game just to get it slightly the way it was.

Even I don't think PK should be entirely banned.. b:surrender Nor the Pk (free zone) Idea completely removed "It may have actually been quite a successful idea, Had they actually put it somewhere logical., and not in a heavily used (low lev~player zone."

And had the RHABID little *******! Who've been hiding in amongst the the (good/Pro) (PvE) "PK crowd "Who don't pull that sniper **** on the lower chari's, that the TARDs have been doing indiscrimanently." Not pulled their annoying ****, just because their own personal psychological issues b:angry & BS inadaquecy complexes! Made them like getting off on ganking anyone that moved in SP, like a bunch of pathetic little thugs with mommy complexes.b:cry

In the end it was only a handful of TOTAL TOOLs! Who F'd this up, and I hope the PW staff Ban Their Accounts "After a Thorough investigation on complaint ticket reports on the worst transgressor's." For Ruining the reputation of this game and abusing and Twisting the true meaning of that new Addition to the game was really meant to do.. Just like I hope whoever the morons were in "PWE staff" who Stupidly Chose SP as the PK FREE ZONE! Have either been Demoted to water closet cleaners (aka. Toilet Divers/Scrubbers) for their part in this debacle or just simply fired for this Screwup. "Tolerance of negligence can only go so far."

But in the end it was only a handfull of Bad Apples who totally F'd this up!, and now alot of peaple have the wrong idea on the Pk crowd, who for the most part never pulled this kinda ****..

I just hope the good pro pk's Gang up and find & GANK these TOOLs that messed it all up till they all F'ing!! QUIT the Game! cause they find no one wants them around after this, "Who knows, maybe they'd even learn what it was like to be treated like the peaple they kept **** with, so ruthlessly." Unfortunately though their kind seldom feels sorrow for their AZzNYNE actions, do to their twisted Ss'd Sense of Logic & Perverse Self Worth Quirks.

Oh and GMs, there were also (WC chats) in (Heavens Tear) talking about the rhabid pks in SP Demanding coin payment for SAFE PASSAGE in SP, thats called !!Extortion!! So I hope you find them and PERMA BAN The scum! Cause that has nothing to do with the "PK free zones ~ get outta jail free card" that the Devs have stuck you with, when it comes to the current debacle.
    So I hope some of the complaint tickets you recieved, were on the extortion attempts, so that you can atleast get rid of those that tried pulling that ****, joke or not! They need to be permanently removed from the game..
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    Many players I speak to from the beginning think PvP is all about Epeen. They don't seem to see how it can be fun, or realize you can transcend that mentality if you just have a little self control. Which was my point, which you have twisted again. Not that I'm surprised, or even impressed. I have already spoken out as to where I believe it would be best to open a pvp instance, as I remember you came to show me love on that thread as well <3

Yeah I think I have given the earned amount of love to which it was deserved. I do agree with you that PVP can be quite fun but the true debate in this SP blunder was never really about is PVP fun or not. The point you want to make is the same Frankie said the developers were trying to do with SP which is to allow lower level players have a place to get an introduction to PVP. The huge monumental flaw and reason so many people are upset to which you rarely bring up when trying to make your point is WHAT low level player can enjoy this area when its camped 24/7 by highly geared TW participating players who bring along their friends to play king of the hill. Your statements dont need to have someone twist them as they clearly dont put their actual point on a strong ground and not until someone (not just me) points out the flaws in your statements and you have to come back to defend them do they show any sign of thought. If you dont want people to take aim at them (which most times after you are questioned you have a valid point) then PROVE your point the first time with out blanket statements.

Just remember I have already said I am not leaving this topic until SP is fixed. I have gone to a few threads and have asked WHERE are the people who support this location of free for all PVP? Why have they not come forward with thought out ideas instead of one word suggestions to give the developers to provide them with a legitimate non harassing place to introduce players to PVP -AND- allow those players who really do enjoy PVP a location to have fun?

You bring up the point that most players never get the chance to have an introduction to PVP and yet provide nothing for suggestions other then support the methods which are causing a bigger bleed of players leaving the game then getting new players to join the PVP ranks. So tell us YOUR idea on how you could introduce a player to PVP with out them feeling harassed as a lvl 101 sin pops out of no where to kill them as they walk out of the safe area? What encouragement would a lvl 80 player have to want to PVP when they agree to go help someone with one of the bosses inside SP and get targeted because they are above level 40? PVP IS dying because of the very childish players who are camping SP now who dont let anyone who wants to quest pass. If you want to support and get more players introduced to it in a positive way... WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO NEGATIVE?
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    People are now camping the spawn point of where you hit when porting into the FB and killing everyone.

Please change this back (your "soon" seems to mean any length of time; we do not want weeks or months more of this nonsense). Now FB29 is also becoming undoable, which I assume is the whole reason you banned it in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • kellkodi
    kellkodi Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I'm really really angry b:angry!
    I can't do any quest in SP. Always kill me LVL80+ char in 1st room (I'm 49). In 1st room always stand 5-6 lvl80+ char and kill the low lvl char. This is not PVP. This is the end to me.
    GAME OVER.This rule is BS.
    b:byeb:bye
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Yeah I think I have given the earned amount of love to which it was deserved. I do agree with you that PVP can be quite fun but the true debate in this SP blunder was never really about is PVP fun or not. The point you want to make is the same Frankie said the developers were trying to do with SP which is to allow lower level players have a place to get an introduction to PVP. The huge monumental flaw and reason so many people are upset to which you rarely bring up when trying to make your point is WHAT low level player can enjoy this area when its camped 24/7 by highly geared TW participating players who bring along their friends to play king of the hill. Your statements dont need to have someone twist them as they clearly dont put their actual point on a strong ground and not until someone (not just me) points out the flaws in your statements and you have to come back to defend them do they show any sign of thought. If you dont want people to take aim at them (which most times after you are questioned you have a valid point) then PROVE your point the first time with out blanket statements.

Just remember I have already said I am not leaving this topic until SP is fixed. I have gone to a few threads and have asked WHERE are the people who support this location of free for all PVP? Why have they not come forward with thought out ideas instead of one word suggestions to give the developers to provide them with a legitimate non harassing place to introduce players to PVP -AND- allow those players who really do enjoy PVP a location to have fun?

You bring up the point that most players never get the chance to have an introduction to PVP and yet provide nothing for suggestions other then support the methods which are causing a bigger bleed of players leaving the game then getting new players to join the PVP ranks. So tell us YOUR idea on how you could introduce a player to PVP with out them feeling harassed as a lvl 101 sin pops out of no where to kill them as they walk out of the safe area? What encouragement would a lvl 80 player have to want to PVP when they agree to go help someone with one of the bosses inside SP and get targeted because they are above level 40? PVP IS dying because of the very childish players who are camping SP now who dont let anyone who wants to quest pass. If you want to support and get more players introduced to it in a positive way... WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS SO NEGATIVE?

I'm speaking based on things lower players say.I have suggested use of the arena many times, but this isn't china, so who cares about constructive ideas when they are spoken here? even before the change to SP anyway, many new players were afraid of pvp. This was a shock for me to discover about a year ago in my faction when we arranged a pvp tournament for fun faction activity, yet unfortunately most did not participate because they could not get over their own mentality. We had a lot of fun, those of us who participated, but it was unfortunate for me to see so many turn down a fun activity because they were afraid to lose.

as for introducing players to pvp, i suppose they have to just go out and try it. I was introduced to pvp in this game on a pvp server, so I also got "farmed". Oh it was far worse back then than it is now I have heard, but I have not been back to see. Truthfully, while the losers who noob pk'd in SP made the environment unpleasant for them, it had potential to be a great way to introduce players to pvp, due to the fact that it was 100% safe.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    I'm speaking based on things lower players say.I have suggested use of the arena many times, but this isn't china, so who cares about constructive ideas when they are spoken here? even before the change to SP anyway, many new players were afraid of pvp. This was a shock for me to discover about a year ago in my faction when we arranged a pvp tournament for fun faction activity, yet unfortunately most did not participate because they could not get over their own mentality. We had a lot of fun, those of us who participated, but it was unfortunate for me to see so many turn down a fun activity because they were afraid to lose.

as for introducing players to pvp, i suppose they have to just go out and try it. I was introduced to pvp in this game on a pvp server, so I also got "farmed". Oh it was far worse back then than it is now I have heard, but I have not been back to see. Truthfully, while the losers who noob pk'd in SP made the environment unpleasant for them, it had potential to be a great way to introduce players to pvp, due to the fact that it was 100% safe.

Tell truth to be told the HAD potential went out the door when they forget there are far more noob PKers then actual players wanting to PVP. The true PVP players are the same breed as the true PVE players who seek out every quest and achievement possible. I dont feel just making it 100% safe would encourage many of the PVE players to go PVP as those noob PKers will always be around to ruin any fun that could happen. Just like a college party where there is always one idiot who ruins the party puking in the middle of the room.
  • jimbillybob46310
    jimbillybob46310 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Only issue i see here is the fact that the "extortionists" are most likely HEAVY cash shoppers.
    NO WAY PW EVER BANS THEM FOR MORE THAN A FEW DAYS.
    Believe me or not, i know a few heavy CSers that have done EVERYTHING wrong in this game. They have been banned some upwards of 15 times, but are ALWAYS aloud to return and SPEND THEIR CASH.

So like it or not, NOTHING will be done by PWI.......................................... AS USUAL!!!
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i can really feel for this problem myself. when i first strted PWI, i started on LostCity, since i didnt know anything about PvP/PvE. i was happy as a clam till i i got into my low 30s, (this would have been inearly Jan of '09 roughly), and i was getting PKed constantly *outside* the SP, just in the general area. RageQuit had a KOS out at the time on all venos and clerics (maybe others, who knows, i just know this much from guldies in Frozen), and any time they saw one, they were to kill them over and over till they stopped coming back.

At that time, tickets were answered.....unlike now. and i was told to screen cap every time i got killed, with the killer's name visible, and use the GM button to get one there to catch the jackass.(yes, children, there was once a GM button that actually worked! *gasp*). well, this was the beginning of when GMs were beginning to ignore the button, and i was left dead in the air for at least 2 hours, before i gave up, and wrote a nastygram ticket, with lots of screenshots of not only the PKer, but of all the calls for the GM. but none of the tickets were ever answered, just as it is now. i have at least 3 'pending', written in the last few months, but i dont expect answered that are of any use. they just, at best, send a form letter.

after this incident, a friend of mine in guild told me the 'facts of life' regarding PvP/PvE, and i was and still am horrified that people enjoy killing others. and i knew i had to leave, because i would never be happy in a place that was in effect a warzone, and i would have to constantly be on watch or be killed. i gave her my newly bought mount and swan, clothes and things, and moved/started over on Heavens Tear. Been here ever since, and see no reason to move, especially since i am going to sit here and wait till PWE lives up to its promises.

I'm a mom of four, and the way PWE is acting is like a kid who broke something, glued it together in any halfassd way, and gave it to their mom, saying 'look Mom! isnt this neat!', and Mom tells them to fix it RIGHT, then give it as its properly supposed to be.

Actually you can't lose exp from a PK, and from my knowledge, you can't lose exp at all from any death in SP since it's a free-for-all. I think that'll change when they revert SP back. And if someone pk's you just report them with a screenshot of it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • kelmore
    kelmore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011

Why do folks "assume" those of us that DO NOT care for PvP are new to the whole concept of it? Why do they think this is the first game we have ever played where this was an option?
    I have been playing this kind of game for some time now. I was first introduced to the whole PvP experience more then 7 years ago, and so was my husband. I did not care to play that way. Since that time (and waiting for *** to be released) I have played more then a dozen different games. All of which offered some form of PvP, and each time I did not care for it. Not because I didnt like dying...that doesnt bother me, but its the children that think its fun to kill just for the heck of it without your consent of a duel that I dont like. This bit of 100s+ taking out 30s is just stupid and frustrating. PvP should be structured better where its more of a level thing, and a NON QUESTING area for this to take place. I do not think it should be eliminated fully, just better thought out, and structured to better suit ALL the players. Im not saying I would participate in a PvP anything, but there are those that do enjoy it and they need to be considered as well. But as for right now, I just want to be able to do my quests in SP, and get them out of my log.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited September 2011
    kelmore wrote: »
    rage

why are you playing pw if you don't want any part in the pvp? the pve in this game sucks. the only reason anyone should bother playing this game is pvp and tw. b:shutup

@thread:

open the arena already you lazy ****
  • kelmore
    kelmore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    prof wrote: »
    why are you playing pw if you don't want any part in the pvp? the pve in this game sucks. the only reason anyone should bother playing this game is pvp and tw. b:shutup

@thread:

That is your opinion, and you have a right to it. I like the PvE aspect of the game. (And obviously Im not alone in this) I like the exploring, seeing what is around the next corner, what is in the next cave etc...and I want to be able to see and experience these things at my own pace, and not worry about the some idiot coming up from behind and ruining MY way of enjoying a game. This is the reason I chose the server I chose, to be able to play and not worry about folks like you that get your jollies destroying other peoples fun.
  • mcfreakie
    edited September 2011
    prof wrote: »

@thread:

Why would the PVE servers be the most populated and desired if your statements had ANY truth? I think you said it best "shutup"