[Breaking News] Secret Passage Being Reverted

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hey all,

Due to the extremely negative feedback about the recent change to Secret Passage, the developers have agreed to revert it to its original state - the way that it was before the change.

From what I understand, the change is about to be implemented on the Chinese servers, and it will soon take place over here as well.

Thank you for all of your feedback on the matter :)

Update: Just wanted to be up front with you all and set a realistic expectation-

The way that we get content from China is that, instead of giving us one new thing every week or two, they wait a few weeks and then give us a bigger patch with multiple things. Doing it this way makes it easier to test and ensures a more stable client for us.

For this reason, the reversion to Secret Passage will come to us as part of one of these "content-bundles". What this means is that we will not be receiving it next week, and probably not the following week either. The patch with the reversion should be in our version in 3-4 weeks, along with some other cool new content.

So yeah, I'm sorry it has to take this long, but just know that it's on its way, and will be here within the above time-frame.

Also, some of you have asked whether we will now start punishing players for PKing in SP. The answer is that PK will still be allowed in there until it is actually changed with the patch. Remember, the change was made intentionally, so it's not like people are exploiting a bug here.

Thanks all, and let me know if you have any further questions.

So Basically your saying, those that have INTENTIONALLY Abused! The true (meaning/spirit) of that new SP (PK Rule!) "Which was actually intened only for those who want to fairly PK 1 another in chosen BOUTs!" Are still gonna be allowed to deny quest access within SP, too all those lower players, "Who never had any intent of joining the new (PK fad groups) within SP, since none of them would have even the slightest chance at all anyways! To win in such duals! against their ASSAULTERs" and that they will still be allowed to farm kill! All Those that They Still Abuse! so well in SP!" Just cause the DEVs say to let them do so?????
    Way too **** up the loyalty of all those players b:victory !!!

I'm glad all my characters, are all out of the need of being in there in SP, do to their levels. b:embarrass
    Cause basically your FREELY GIVING fully acredited PHDs! in CPR!! To Those Peaple who are (PRO Meds) in using (WATER BOARDING!) on (Adolescent Children?!) b:surrender

Wtfh!? O,0 ?!
    Whats next ya gonna award them the (NOBEL PEACE PRIZEs) for this abusive **** aswell???b:surrender

Or maybe your gonna just send them on all expense payed trips too DISNEY WORLD??

GodZz!! b:tired I only wish I could laugh at this, but I can't! Its Completely! F'ing SICK!! How your letting the less fortunate & newer players get GANKED and ABUSED!! like this!

How many of them are going to have too leave the game,
    B4 the DEVs get it through their Thick Skulls, about the FULL Gravity of Their Screwup on this???
    Cause this little debacle may not effect us (Older/Original) players that much.. But its gonna kill Any Chances you got at (Getting & Keeping) newer players ~,~' on this game.... please tell them too wake up at PWis HQ, Please!!
  • Cervantia - Sanctuary
    Cervantia - Sanctuary Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just wanna add my own "thank you very much PWE Crew" to this topic. Undoing this PK change proves both that you are able to finally listen to your playerbase (which has been a very rare thing in the past, keep it up the new stile!) and that a large amount of feedback catches your attention. So this time it's gonna be a large amount of positive feedback (which has been a very rare thing from the playerbase side in the past too).

b:thanks
    Cervantia BM 100 / Calivthel Cleric 101 / Davinella Archer 9x
    Kachengy Seeker 8x / Pianna Wizard 8x

I need neither goons nor powerleveling.
    Addicted to PW since Mai 09.
    Factionless.
  • dejiavu
    dejiavu Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    All I wanted was the Celestial Painting in the Secret Passage and have been killed now 6 times just going there. The last time was a few minutes ago and I just now deleted all quests associated with that place. I came out of the game to log my own complaint about the PK mode allowed when I see it wasn't needed. It is a far too low a level of a place and I think the players who want to go around killing other players ought to have their own section. b:sad
  • whitesynn
    whitesynn Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    "That's just silly. They shouldn't have to "run everything through a committee" every time they want to make a change to their own game. Besides, there are so many different versions of Perfect World around the world that this would be a huge waste of time and manpower.

For things like this the "try it, and if it really fails, revert it" is far more cost efficient."

First of all from the time your Devs think about doing something that affects the enitre gameplay of your players Yes we should be notified. This little experiment as you can see for yourself based on the Feedback isn't something as "minor" as they thought. This wasnt just an added event or a Pak sale.

Yes it's "Their Game" what would happen if "WE" decided to stop playing it ? When you provide any service there are responsibilities.

And had you asked 1 question on your forum we could have saved you the whole "try it, and if it really fails, revert it" theory. We're still waiting on the Revert Part as you can see no matter how many weeks it'll be coming in as you stated .

But I'll give you guys some credit atleast I know you're reading and listening to what we say.
  • seitori
    edited September 2011
    dejiavu wrote: »
    All I wanted was the Celestial Painting in the Secret Passage and have been killed now 6 times just going there. The last time was a few minutes ago and I just now deleted all quests associated with that place. I came out of the game to log my own complaint about the PK mode allowed when I see it wasn't needed. It is a far too low a level of a place and I think the players who want to go around killing other players ought to have their own section. b:sad

AMEN to that thought!!

PWi, Why is it you say, its roughly only a (once a month) occurence for upgrades and mods too the game. When, as I seem to remember quite clearly! b:bye That it only took A MATTER OF DAYS to drop the EMERGENCY PATCH on the game to SHUT (DUKE BLACK) TH~,~'Up! During the old HALLOWEEN reward Spamming FIASCO! Which everyone was also MAJORLY Annoyed with???
    ??? ?_? ???

Have the (DEVs) Do all the current players "who have current quest needs in SP, a favor." And have them make a (EXP/SP/REP) VALUE packet: That can be sent too them VIA the mail.. So that they still get their (Quest Credits) fulfilled, for their characters current needed level quests, and can then get rid of the quests they can't possibly get now, thanks to the (DEVs) SITTING on their hands) while they try and play us off as all being
    (Def, Dumb& BLIND?!) Goldfishes with 5 second Memory SPANs! b:spit

Seriously, we all got better memories "Then the supposide (5 minute memories) of the Average: TV Viewing ~,~' ADDICTED! HuMaN COUCH PoTaToE!! We who have been playing this game, actually have to use are brains activley and reflexes actively, while we play here on this game....

And we do all remember "All of us who've been playing the game for (3 whole years or more) of how QUICKLY things used to Get FIXED! Back when they had yet to even bring out . JADE DYNESTY!"..b:puzzled

At the very least have them set up a NPC just outside of SP! "That allows a seperate (Teleport in instances) for either individuals, or Already Formed Squads outside of SP to be ported into seperate individual instances of SP, like that of the (TIDEBOURNE Related VAMPIRES DOMAIN) instances.. Which will also, already be free of all the CaMpInG OuT FARM KILLERs, that are camping, at all the quest item locales & Whacking! All the Newer players, once they finally get too the areas their quest items are at, like this poor player I've Quoted here, (and at the very least HUNDREDs of others like this one here.) that have had it happen to them too, multiple times......b:surrender

I used to help with "MINI Boss, FB/BH'rs & other Quests" in there, alot! B4 this....

Now short of the (FB/BHs) "The only 1s I help with anymore in there, Until the Devs fix this mess they've made Btw.."~With its (FAIL! PORT in~System!)~"Since ya didn't even atleast, get rid of the 2 (stonepost mobs) that guard the (Wheel of Earth) chest.." Most of the lows, who try to (Illusion stone) into the FB cave, DIE! (By those 2 very same mobs that shoulda been erased from the game, until they finally get rid of this PK debacle.)" So now all the newer players, just keep ending up Blowing coin on the "multiple attempts to port into it" they can't afford. Just too hope (1 port outta 10) will get them into it alive??

Look, its not that PW, said it would fix this mess up! Since so many were already angry over this totally (Tarded/NERF job) of an idea.), Its because that now they're Trying too tell us, that its gonna take weeks to fix?! When we "Who have been playing this game
    (4EVER) remember, how quickly the (Halloween Duke! debacle!!) got fixed years AGO."

This seems more and more like your hoping that many of us, will just go too the other MMORPGs that (PERFECT WORLD Entertainment) have too offer?! In order to spread the wealth, of your blinded (Patron/players), rather then use the money ya got from PWi to fix PWi promptly and quickly! Just so you can send it elsewhere, even to games which didn't hit it off as well as PWi did when it came out..

Your beginning to remind me of these wonderful Corrupt Polititions, we have here, in the GOOD OL' USA! Who promise everything to get into office, and then do nothing but WAIT for the Next ELECTION, so that they can promise it all again, while blaming the other side for why it wasn't done with in the first place. "Since so many US. VOTERs, never seem too quite get the fact, that their being used, by special interest groups, who use their needs as a (GIANT PONZY SCHEME!) to maintain themselves in power.. and keep everyone else dumb.....

Please, there can't be that many peaple like that, on the board of PWE~Higharchy. Theres gotta be some of them, that understand this, and will push the lazy 1s into fixing this ASAP rather then putting it off lazily.
  • kelmore
    kelmore Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Ive been playing just at 2 months now...and I see a lot of chickens being counted before they are hatched. I see a lot of open promises. Yes, someone in a long line of someones said.. tell them we will fix this....soon.
    So, all down the "someone" line they all say soon...in a bundle....eventually. Well let me tell you, I would be gone NOW if I hadn't just spent 60 (U.S.) dollars on in game money 2 days before the whole SP fiasco. Ive got quests to get chests i cant even begin to get to, Ive got bosses I have no clue how to get there except thru SP. And I play the hard way.. without the "hyper ****" or the overly advertised "power leveling big room for xxxx money" (I dont have a clue what the "big room" is, nor do I care). I would like to be able to see what all is inside this SP area. But I will believe this is actually going to take place when I get the so called update / maintenance that carries the whole "putting SP back the way it was bundle". I dont blame anyone that "officially" posts here with the info for any of this ****, they are not the programmers, they are the poor folks that have to put up with the **** from the players and and pass on what little info they are allowed.
    What I am doing is this: a week go we were told in 4 weeks it would be fixed, if its not fixed in that time, I will be gone. So that will be just another new player in a long line of new players that leave because of this ****. 3 weeks and counting till gone....
  • Sheshka - Raging Tide
    Sheshka - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    rrdesign wrote: »
    ....Where's my fun now? Could you guys at least give some sort of reward for killing oracle slaves?

Why should you be rewarded for that? Now if you were killing people who exploit FC power leveling you might deserve something.
  • Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide
    Shika_No_Ken - Raging Tide Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    My wife and I were just murdered by a sin named Doom_Slayer. Who let bullies, who stealth and kill people who are obviously questing passed where all the high levels are. We call those people bullies, plain and simple.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MarrokBran - Heavens Tear
    MarrokBran - Heavens Tear Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Not QQ'ing....just an observation.......
    Heavens Tear is a PVE server.... I consider those PK'ing in SP chicken****'s. I f they had a real pair, they would go to a PVP server, but nope, they would get thier butts handed to them in seconds and they know it. They wait in SP for low lvl toons to come in for their quests and 1 shot them. Ummmmm ...REALLY ? How pathetic can you get ? I bet they go brag to their friends about how many toons they killed b:laugh I feel sorry for them that this is how low they have sunk. Its like someone talking about how many animals they have hunted down and killed and finding out they are counting the flys they have killed b:chuckle Have fun in there while you can
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    mercyt's Husband ☺friendly☻ helpful ♥ non-warring faction
  • CPLChantilly - Sanctuary
    CPLChantilly - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Extremely impressed at the time span this decision was overturned! If not because of our own devs, then yay to China. I could care less who was listening, as long as SOMEBODY was listening!

I'm all for giving people a zone where they can duke it out and have a massive pvp orgy, but a low level zone is just no place for that. I mean, come on guys, seriously? Passage? Did all of you 100+'s forget what it was like to be level 30, brand new, slave to the quests? You forget how much fun it was to enter Passage, no clue what you were doing, and finding other people there doing the same thing, and, perhaps, even teaming up and making friends with them? Or did you forget watching that higher level run you through Passage, to kill that boss, and being awed at their skills and experience? Sure, we higher levels deserve a place to play, but that should never take away somebody else's fun or enjoyment, much less add frustration.

And if you don't believe you were adding any form of frustration, here's a little diddy I wrote, sing along if you know the words:

Taking my alt through Passage, I attempted to run through the first room to reach Silver Frost, who I think we've established is a required boss for chrono. While I was mostly ignored by the higher ups, I was pursued and prompty killed by a Barb. No big, legal move, whatever: I float right on back. This time, I say before moving through the room that I only want to reach my quest destination, and, while I am again ignored by my rank 9 decked overlords, here comes that same Barb, to off me once more. Upset this time, I whisper my dreams of that gangly white mutt far beyond the horizons: "Dude, need Frost. Let me through please". Response? "2 badz lols keke". Peeved, I hop to my cleric, intent on wooping some furball hiney. Upon attempting to do so? The Barb's BM friend stuns me, while he beats me into a helpless pulp.

Sure, a good 10 or so people in that room were minding their own business, enjoying their game, but just that one ruined my entire day. As if you all wouldn't be fuming at the ears if it happened to you. Let's get ourselves a pvp room, but for god's sake, can we make it room 1 of cube or something? Now Cube ISN'T actually required by ANYBODY! Holy cow, it's what they said SP was, but ACTUALLY TRUE! Say what!? O=
  • LaylaSunglow - Raging Tide
    LaylaSunglow - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Im pleased that they will revert Secret Passasge back to normal. Trying to complete quests in there is a pain atm. Lots of ppl don't respect when someone calls "i have a quest to complete may i please pass??". I have gotten killed lots of times for just trying to finish the quests on my alts. There are lots of ppl who actually lets low lvls pass, but then there are those who just goes around killing low lvls just because they can.

I hope they can give you bored high lvls another place to wack yourselves into a pulp.
  • JohnDory - Heavens Tear
    JohnDory - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    QQ

yeah its basically QQ, about why my gf and i are quitting this game. So I've deleted it. I'll leave you to enjoy your little victory over the first 2 sentences and ignore the real issue I was posting about. Hope you enjoyed yourself.
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    QQ

uhh a item change gets dealt with by the PWI team who handles the sales. A revert for Secret Passage is dealt with by the developers in China which is why it takes longer.

Seriously if your going to QQ least get your facts right
  • Lucretius - Dreamweaver
    Lucretius - Dreamweaver Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just a thought. The introduction of this thread and announcing that it will be reverted... does that not trigger people to further abuse it? I personally am quite tempted to do so, but I try to continue to hold a reasonable level of ethics. As for others, who knows what they will do as the company lags its way to reverting it.
  • Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary
    Crystal_Riku - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    LOOOL That's just stupid ppl, sorry but when I read "Ohhh we're so poor Pvp' player and sure that we won't get an area 11!!!"
    Just because of the PVP player who can't play normal, all people got angry. I think high people (and there were many) who are just bored and stay in secret p. to kill low level people who may need their FB should get banned and never come back. They don't deserve a pvp area and they don't deserve to switch to the pvp mode.
  • Luvlylinda - Sanctuary
    Luvlylinda - Sanctuary Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i only had a problem with pk against blue named toons if i dont choose pk i shouldnt b forced into it unless i enter an instance specifically marked for pk basically if i dont choose to pk i shouldnt b forced to pk but i love to watch other ppl pk
  • truepatriot31
    truepatriot31 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I hope it will be implimented very soon i just tried going through there with a lvl 40 sin to help him do 2 bosses and we both got killed by pkers this is not fair on them its a case of were pkin here u go do ur quests else where the pkers in there are stoppin lower lvls do quests not everyone can afford heads in fcc if u want to pk go to the pvp server or cube of fate let ppl be and let them do there quests and stop acting like a bunch of school yard bulliesb:angry
  • brazenbusboy
    brazenbusboy Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    A majority of PWs paying customers get impaled up the xxx by some dumb dev mistake, but does PWI lift a finger to fix the situation. Nothing yet but some worthless marketing droid apology sans action of any sort.

Yet the new packs arrive daily. A decent company that cared about its customers might just delay new packs if that is what was required to find the dev resources to fix the problem, but not PW.

I have 4 30ish lvl alts that are currently having to scrounge up guests to do because they cannot do any of the many quests that involve SP due to all the little Mommies little Bullies acting out their kindergarten power-trips at the expense of others.

So go ahead PWI, string us along for as long as you like, but it better not coincide with the roll out of G W 2.

And for all the Mommies Little Bullies, go look karma up in Wikipedia, enjoy reaping that which you sow.
    Just some guy
  • lsbarcode1
    lsbarcode1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Extremely impressed at the time span this decision was overturned! If not because of our own devs, then yay to China. I could care less who was listening, as long as SOMEBODY was listening!

I'm all for giving people a zone where they can duke it out and have a massive pvp orgy, but a low level zone is just no place for that. I mean, come on guys, seriously? Passage? Did all of you 100+'s forget what it was like to be level 30, brand new, slave to the quests? You forget how much fun it was to enter Passage, no clue what you were doing, and finding other people there doing the same thing, and, perhaps, even teaming up and making friends with them? Or did you forget watching that higher level run you through Passage, to kill that boss, and being awed at their skills and experience? Sure, we higher levels deserve a place to play, but that should never take away somebody else's fun or enjoyment, much less add frustration.

Couldnt agree more , there should be a Dedicated Arena for all the Pk'ers . Even tho it wouldnt get used because they are all scared of an actual challenge , and prefer to pk blue name 30 lvl that are just questing b:angry
  • mcfreakie
    mcfreakie Posts: 531 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Wow... here the company figured this issue would just die out and people would learn to live with it. Down to 2 weeks left in the promised time table.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    mcfreakie wrote: »
    Wow... here the company figured this issue would just die out and people would learn to live with it. Down to 2 weeks left in the promised time table.

Anyone notice that Arch isn't as filled up with catshops? Or is it just me?
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Anyone notice that Arch isn't as filled up with catshops? Or is it just me?

k..k0...k0re ga.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    k..k0...k0re ga.

In English please? lol
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    In English please? lol

ahhhh G0me nasaib:surrender.Demu...... Watashi wa baka desu neb:sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide
    Whoz_Nutz - Raging Tide Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2011

I think that means that W.Arch needs a Cat Scan?

I shall stay in the forums since I can't progress with my little alts until I can do the FB29. Will I every get my FB29 done this year? 50/50 that it may be 2012 in December.

+1 b:bye
  • Nirri - Archosaur
    Nirri - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    So, Say goodbye to the red names until this gets enforced. b:byeb:shockedb:cry
    The sword swung in my name shall not be swung in vain
  • KageNoHana - Heavens Tear
    KageNoHana - Heavens Tear Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Watashi wa baka desu neb:sad.

Si.

I'm sure everyone here cares about how well you can or can't speak Japanese.

Back OT: Any day now. No hurry... just a few more frustrated players... who cares, right?
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=950126001&dateline=1316761779[/SIGPIC]
    Disclaimer: I am nobody's mommy, nanny, pawn, messenger, therapist, or groupie. I am not responsible for what happens to you if you say something stupid in my presence.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited September 2011

yappari

as I thought
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • WhitePoke - Dreamweaver
    WhitePoke - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    wait what? people cant handle pvp? oh please!! what about the people form PVP servers, they get wacked 24/7!! not the SP arena >.< come on!
  • seitori
    edited September 2011

Warai ^o^ '!! !