Genie Discussion

Options

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Yeah... but I like my vit/mag genie more since i don't PK much, TW is more crowded... and when a sin pops up i usually expel and it saves me right away. It's just my style... got used to it... don't think i'm gonna change it :) Thanks for your advices Adroit, I really appreciate.

haha fair enough.. I guess that's a nice thing about genies, there isn't just one option. Good luck :D
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Q_Q I forgot about enemiesb:cry

dw, I'll give you info too b:cute

My tw genie is a 68/100 zeal. Like 75 mag, 50ish vit, some dex, and 6str.
    Insanely high mag for energy restoration so I can spam cloud for more ultis. Also got holy path, fortify so I don't get stunned while using ultis, frenzy so my ultis do more damage, and ep for cata barbs or hard to kill targets.

My 1v1 genie is 72/100.
    86dex, 50vit I think, 50 mag, 5str.
    Obviously a dex genie. Wind shield for tanking ****. Expel for sin ganks. Badge/Fortify for the pretty animations. EP for charm bypasses. And holy path, which I use a lot, to run away from fights b:cute
  • Acshor - Raging Tide
    Acshor - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Insanely high mag for energy restoration so I can spam cloud for more ultis. Also got holy path, fortify so I don't get stunned while using ultis, frenzy so my ultis do more damage, and ep for cata barbs or hard to kill targets.

My 1v1 genie is 72/100.
    Obviously a dex genie. Wind shield for tanking ****. Expel for sin ganks. Badge/Fortify for the pretty animations. EP for charm bypasses. And holy path, which I use a lot, to run away from fights b:cute

*notes to himself for next week*

I hope we fight you next week tho <_< kinda bored of easy wars lol
    edited August 2011
    Options
    *notes to himself for next week*

I hope we fight you next week tho <_< kinda bored of easy wars lol

My comp is broken atm, so....b:cry

hopefully I'll have it working again by next week if we do fight b:cute
  • Acshor - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So I was looking on world chat and i found this genie really cheap.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8623/luckyo.png

What skill should i add for the last slot? I was thinking Expel/CE/EP/Frenzy... but I'm more for Frenzy/EP because I won't need to level it up more. For the other 2 I will need to get it to 103 whch is a pain.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    So I was looking on world chat and i found this genie really cheap.

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/8623/luckyo.png

What skill should i add for the last slot? I was thinking Expel/CE/EP/Frenzy... but I'm more for Frenzy/EP because I won't need to level it up more. For the other 2 I will need to get it to 103 whch is a pain.

:D Nice genie. I'd actually recommend getting wind shield instead of any the skills you mentioned. With that there.. you'd have fortify + badge to keep you alive against aps classes, wind shield to keep you alive against magic classes, spark to go for the kill, and holy path/domain for anything else. I guess that's just my preference.

I'd also look at lowering your dex a bit. Right now it looks like you have 90 base dex.. you might consider dropping that to 84 (with 4dex gear it would bring you to 100dex) so that you could get vit to 45 and mag to 43 (the max vit/mag you can get without paying 2points/stat.. funny because your genie works out perfect so you can get the max AND 100 dex with gear and no extra points left over). I really think that after 100dex, other points would be more useful in vit/mag so you can use your skills more often.

Good luck! :)
  • Acshor - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    :D Nice genie. I'd actually recommend getting wind shield instead of any the skills you mentioned. With that there.. you'd have fortify + badge to keep you alive against aps classes, wind shield to keep you alive against magic classes, spark to go for the kill, and holy path/domain for anything else. I guess that's just my preference.

I'd also look at lowering your dex a bit. Right now it looks like you have 90 base dex.. you might consider dropping that to 84 (with 4dex gear it would bring you to 100dex) so that you could get vit to 45 and mag to 43 (the max vit/mag you can get without paying 2points/stat.. funny because your genie works out perfect so you can get the max AND 100 dex with gear and no extra points left over). I really think that after 100dex, other points would be more useful in vit/mag so you can use your skills more often.

Good luck! :)

Answered right in time (before TW).
    I got windshield, if i won't like it... i'll go with Frenzy, but 27% reduction sounds pretty good :)

Thanks a lot Adroit!
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Answered right in time (before TW).
    I got windshield, if i won't like it... i'll go with Frenzy, but 27% reduction sounds pretty good :)

Thanks a lot Adroit!

haha np, just come back later and let us know how/if you like it. Even if you hate it and go back to your vit/mag genie, I still like to read about it (hopefully you do like it though) :P
  • Acshor - Raging Tide
    edited August 2011
    Options
    haha np, just come back later and let us know how/if you like it. Even if you hate it and go back to your vit/mag genie, I still like to read about it (hopefully you do like it though) :P

Hehe... I can't say if i liked it... we've been almost rolled by the best faction on the server. Hard to survive with 50+ r9 in there.
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hehe... I can't say if i liked it... we've been almost rolled by the best faction on the server. Hard to survive with 50+ r9 in there.

Lol I hurd QQme decided to give you guys a woopin :P

Bid on Deci when my comp is fixed. I'll BT you so you can test it, free of charge b:cute
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options

I meant after a few days, I don't know how you could really try it out in an hour or two xD.
  • notdakillsalt
    notdakillsalt Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I meant after a few days, I don't know how you could really try it out in an hour or two xD.

It only has to save you from a triple spark plume shot once for you to decide it's amazing b:cute
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It only has to save you from a triple spark plume shot once for you to decide it's amazing b:cute

^definitely not my alt b:avoid
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    ^definitely not my alt b:avoid

lawl.. I was wondering who that was xD
    edited August 2011
    Options
    lawl.. I was wondering who that was xD

can't you read? His name says notdakillsalt b:cute
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

My 1v1 genie is 72/100.

DaKill u demon or sage? Cause i was gonna say something about this post then realized u may be demon.

Oh has anybody ever tried a frenzied sparked SS>pyro ? just wondering how that works
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    DaKill u demon or sage? Cause i was gonna say something about this post then realized u may be demon.

Oh has anybody ever tried a frenzied sparked SS>pyro ? just wondering how that works

Why would you use SS with genie spark (when you use genie spark on an opponent.. you should be cramming in as many fire skills as possible.. any water/earth skills are a waste) Or do you mean like triple spark?
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I'm demon but turning sage once I finished oht/culti.

why, what did you find odd about my genie? b:question
  • Pearlwood - Lost City
    Pearlwood - Lost City Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Why would you use SS with genie spark (when you use genie spark on an opponent.. you should be cramming in as many fire skills as possible.. any water/earth skills are a waste) Or do you mean like triple spark?

Can frenzy and spark be stacked? thas really what i was wondering I keep thinking to try it when i'm on but always forget. (Pearl knocks on head) :)

And to answer Dekill's question; no, i found nothing odd about u genie if u demon cause i have no relative basis to judge that interaction. My first thought tho was that to spam enough CE to supply ultis on a regular basis would require more STR than that genie has. But, if it works for u then great!

I dumped CE off primary genie cause it too burdensome to fit with the other skills that are more important to the way i like to play. I keep it on secondary genie though mainly for NV to allow me triple spark an ultis. But, that's about the only situation i use CE anymore. And since i rarely NV i hardly ever use CE at all. But i did carry it at all times till 100. CE awesome for frosting pre-100 (for me).
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Can frenzy and spark be stacked? thas really what i was wondering I keep thinking to try it when i'm on but always forget. (Pearl knocks on head) :)

And to answer Dekill's question; no, i found nothing odd about u genie if u demon cause i have no relative basis to judge that interaction. My first thought tho was that to spam enough CE to supply ultis on a regular basis would require more STR than that genie has. But, if it works for u then great!

I dumped CE off primary genie cause it too burdensome to fit with the other skills that are more important to the way i like to play. I keep it on secondary genie though mainly for NV to allow me triple spark an ultis. But, that's about the only situation i use CE anymore. And since i rarely NV i hardly ever use CE at all. But i did carry it at all times till 100. CE awesome for frosting pre-100 (for me).

Ya you can stack genie spark with frenzy/poison or basically anything, but I generally don't. The debuff on spark is so awesome that I will usually either finish off my opponent or they'll do something so that I can't (immune/get out of range etc.. things where another debuff wouldn't really help). It's pretty rare that I'm short on damage with a sutra spark combo or something :P
    edited August 2011
    Options
    And to answer Dekill's question; no, i found nothing odd about u genie if u demon cause i have no relative basis to judge that interaction. My first thought tho was that to spam enough CE to supply ultis on a regular basis would require more STR than that genie has. But, if it works for u then great

I dumped enough into vit so that I can use 2 genie skills in a row like holy path and fortify.
    The reason for the high mag is because I feel that being able to spam lvl 1 cloud at a cheaper energy cost is better than leveling it and using str points to get more chi from each one.
    And ofc enough dex for my EP and fortify to be effective b:cute

But tbh I would keep CE on my genie even when I turn sage. The more chi the better b:victory

And my primary 1v1 genie doesn't have CE, because as you said, it ties up too much affinities
  • Wizzie - Raging Tide
    Wizzie - Raging Tide Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    I used that dex genie for a week now and I like it, saves me a lot more from the archers when they stun, aps can't do much if they aren't R9 +10. The only bad thing is that i have no cloud eruption so I'm out of chi for a bit, but i could use chi pots for that. Adroit you were right, this type of genie works the best for wizards. b:victoryb:victoryb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Does anyone use Whirlwind? If so, how effective is the immobilize/stun?
    Sometimes your FoW and Sleep are both on CD and need something else to slow those mothers up in TW. Or what would be a useful skill instead?

Whirlwind:Deal small amount of damage to nearby targets. Briefly immobilizes and then stuns them. - from the wiki page
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Does anyone use Whirlwind? If so, how effective is the immobilize/stun?
    Sometimes your FoW and Sleep are both on CD and need something else to slow those mothers up in TW. Or what would be a useful skill instead?

Whirlwind:Deal small amount of damage to nearby targets. Briefly immobilizes and then stuns them. - from the wiki page

I have the skill on my veno's genie, but don't really use it much. I originally got it as more of a joke to melee users.. they use whirlwind to stop me for a second, so I thought I'd stop them for a second and use it as a counter.. but just never really used it. The immobilize is only 1 second (not a stun).. so you aren't really holding someone in place very long. I don't really see it being all that useful in TW honestly.. most opponents you'd want to use it on (bms rushing in) will usually have anti stun on. As with most skills, there are probably a few situations where it'd be useful.. but for the most part another skill would be more beneficial. Out of curiosity, what is your genie looking like right now?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Leaf Dance
    Frenzy
    Cloud Eruption

Can't remember stat allocation (at work currently), and have no gears on it atm.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    are you a demon wiz Empress?
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Sage.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Is that a TW genie? If so I'd keep cloud on it.
    But if it's not, then I'd consider removing it for something like Fortify.

Also, I'd remove Leaf Dance for something like Wind Shield.
    edited September 2011
    Options
    ya, its for PVE/TW. Only have the one. Have another slot to fill atm so looking for something that is going to be helpful in TW. Adroit swears by badge, so i may look into getting that.
    Last TW we had the other side had a lot of sins, that badge could have definitely helped with.
    Used to have fortify but i didn't find it all that great. Maybe i was using it wrong b:thanks
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited September 2011
    Options
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Leaf Dance
    Frenzy
    Cloud Eruption

Can't remember stat allocation (at work currently), and have no gears on it atm.

I know you didn't ask, but I can't help myself. It sounds like you are looking for a way to deal with stuns when they come, and there are a few ways to solve that problem. I'd assume your current genie is primarily vit/mag, which doesn't give you a ton of options.. but fortify or expel might help. What I'd really recommend is looking for a 7x+/100 genie and making it dex based with fortify/badge/wind shield/spark/domain (or faith) and probably holy path. I've gotten to the point where I actually think a dex based genie is the best option (not just an available option) for wizards. Between spark and spammable defensive skills, no other genie can really compare for us. It's ultimately up to you ofc, but I'd really urge you to at least keep it in mind :P