Genie Discussion

Adroit - Lost City
Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
edited December 2014 in Wizard
As many of you may or may not know.. genies are absolutely my favorite part of this game. It's really the only way to customize the abilities of your character besides cultivation.. and there isn't one genie that rules them all. So being that I'm a big nerd that likes to talk about such things, I was just curious what other people found were their favorite/most used/can't be without/etc w.e genie skills that they use. I honestly could care less about pve in general.. but if you have a REALLY good one I'll try not to complain/flame. So for anyone that wants to play along.. I'll start with me =]

I don't think I could ever use a genie without fortify/badge and frenzy/spark. Fortify is easily my most used skill on my genie.. I originally only got it as a filler on my first **** genie because I was happy with what I had but wanted to fill my last genie slot.. and Amour convinced me to get it (best advice EVAR). I really didn't use it for a while, but I first started using it to break stun locks against bms (before everyone was 5.0).. they would occult.. I'd wait a few seconds and fortify to get away. It wasn't long till I was spamming it like it was candy. I began expanding its uses to getting away from barbs, and it really became my core genie skill when I realized I could even use it against archers. I used to have this problem where the outcome of me vs an archer was decided on who could get off the stun/FoW first. When I realized I could just resist the stun and always get the seal off.. my chances of beating an archer went from like 40% to probably 95%. Since then, I've found that I use it very regularly against every class except other mages and clerics (although I have used it against them as well.. mages MS and I even used it against this cleric that would always triple -> occult.. so I started to use fortify right after the triple lmfao). It's great against psychics to resist earth vector or when you can see one of their self buffs (soul of stunning especially, but also retaliation if I open with a sleep -> MS).

Anyway, being able to resist 90% of control skills is beyond amazing (I spam this skill in everything from 1v1s to world pvp to TW.. and sometimes just before an ironguard). Unfortunately every once in a while I'd mistime.. and that basically meant the end of me. I also had a problem with occult because you can't really see it coming (no pre-animation) so if they could kill me before the 6seconds ran out.. I was in trouble. To combat this I got badge.. and that has basically fixed all of my problems. I fortify like nuts and if/when I mess up I have badge to save me. This combo means basically I need to mess up for an interval char to beat me.. as they can never hold me still.. so I can just walk out of their rang

edit: tried to edit and for some reason half the post disappeared.. will rewrite some of it later I guess..
Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
[SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Adroit - Lost City on

Comments

• Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Still trying to get the spirit to get my genie to 100, but that's the exact setup I was planning to switch to @ 100 (hopefully ill get 4 LP so i can have a 6th skill)

10 holy path
    1 fortify
    10 domain
    10 frenzy
    10 spark
    10 badge

Although I'm debating on what the best build would be for when I do get my genie to 100,

atm I have expel, domain, fortify, holypath and Ext. Poison with 80 mag and 62 vit so I can spam the **** out of expel when fighting sins that like to stealth after their 1st attack fails.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Atm i got a Zeal which is PVE oriented with

Earthflame lvl 1
    Holy Path lvl 10
    Tree of Protection lvl 10
    Expel lvl 8

i guess i will get Earthquake lvl 1 for deltas then the genie should be fine
    As you might have noticed all of the skills here are dex based
    for PvP i will have to make another one with different skills many for
    dmg boost and chi generation

greetz harm0wnie
  • Stubbie - Heavens Tear
    Stubbie - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    my pk zeal has 79/100 LP so i only has 6 skill slots QQ

Holypath 10
    Spark 10
    AD 10
    Expel 10
    extreme poison 10
    fortify 1

90 dex
    65 vit
    44 mag

Im still new at using fortify but yeah even with 85% chance of success BoC can fil sumtimes so out of the two i prefer to have fortify for a sure chance of immune and mch lower genie energy consumption.
    I prefer to have expel coz with my dex it lasts 11 secconds ^^ great life saver wen AD is out and wen u ganked by a few melees.

Besides, I have a genie with CoE for RB or farming so i can spark more or aoe more.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Adroit, your genie has low magic, somehting I can't stand in a genie. Im more into balancing vit and mag to give best possibly spam (3 holy paths withing 4 seconds of each other almost) and with using as little as possible skills that require dex or str (Main reason for not having badge or spark on any of my genies)

I've listed my genies in another thread, which you asked of me, and it's awesome to see your genie build (Have been meaning to ask for a while)

I have two genies, mainly use my pve one for Cloud eruption which massively increases my damage output in Instances like TT or nirvana, and is great for triple sparking + Ulti. (Or three ulties in a row in delta - without chi aura)

Zeal 69/90

45str
    3dex
    59vit
    61mag

Holy Path - lv 10
    Cloud Eruption -lv 1
    Frenzy -lv 10
    Lightning Chaser -lv 10

I usually will switch to this in TW just after i've died so I can erupt, then switch just before leaving gates (usually times pretty well) and I switch to:

Zeal 80/100 (QQ 1 point off)
    5str
    4dex
    74vit
    79mag

Holy path
    EP
    Expel
    Fortify
    Cauterize
    Abso Domain (all lvl 10)

Unfortunately I live in Australia which means I have an average ping of 500 at a good time, and usually around 800+ in TW or crowded areas. This means I often don't even realise I've been stunned tll I've been hit (In tw by archers mostly) So I don't have time to Fortify. In this case I'll generally Abso and blink away when I can.

Expel seems to lag way too much in TW for it to work on me, so it feels kind of useless. I might swap it out to a pve genie and put Cloud in it's place.

Cauterize is actually quite helpful often times, as I'm still kinda squishy, and being stunned and having a bird pecking my face means I will die without it. It's good cos it doesn't take ungodly amounts of energy off my genie which leaves it with enough, after time to regen, for an abso.

Basically I want an 81+ with

Fort
    Abso
    Frenzy
    Holy Path
    spark (if I could deal with the dex x: )
    Badge (If I had spark, I'd put badge on)
    Cloud Eruption

With +4 mag/vit stones in it.

*creams*

I liek geniz tu
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Double post but F U

Adroit, whats your view on the game these days anyway. I know you or someone said you were quitting, but I believe you're still playing?
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Adroit, your genie has low magic, somehting I can't stand in a genie. Im more into balancing vit and mag to give best possibly spam (3 holy paths withing 4 seconds of each other almost) and with using as little as possible skills that require dex or str (Main reason for not having badge or spark on any of my genies)

I've listed my genies in another thread, which you asked of me, and it's awesome to see your genie build (Have been meaning to ask for a while)

I have two genies, mainly use my pve one for Cloud eruption which massively increases my damage output in Instances like TT or nirvana, and is great for triple sparking + Ulti. (Or three ulties in a row in delta - without chi aura)

Zeal 69/90

45str
    3dex
    59vit
    61mag

Holy Path - lv 10
    Cloud Eruption -lv 1
    Frenzy -lv 10
    Lightning Chaser -lv 10

I usually will switch to this in TW just after i've died so I can erupt, then switch just before leaving gates (usually times pretty well) and I switch to:

Zeal 80/100 (QQ 1 point off)
    5str
    4dex
    74vit
    79mag

Holy path
    EP
    Expel
    Fortify
    Cauterize
    Abso Domain (all lvl 10)

Unfortunately I live in Australia which means I have an average ping of 500 at a good time, and usually around 800+ in TW or crowded areas. This means I often don't even realise I've been stunned tll I've been hit (In tw by archers mostly) So I don't have time to Fortify. In this case I'll generally Abso and blink away when I can.

Expel seems to lag way too much in TW for it to work on me, so it feels kind of useless. I might swap it out to a pve genie and put Cloud in it's place.

Cauterize is actually quite helpful often times, as I'm still kinda squishy, and being stunned and having a bird pecking my face means I will die without it. It's good cos it doesn't take ungodly amounts of energy off my genie which leaves it with enough, after time to regen, for an abso.

Basically I want an 81+ with

Fort
    Abso
    Frenzy
    Holy Path
    spark (if I could deal with the dex x: )
    Badge (If I had spark, I'd put badge on)
    Cloud Eruption

With +4 mag/vit stones in it.

*creams*

I liek geniz tu

I know what you mean about spamming skills. I think that having a dex genie kinda makes up for it, because my skills require like half the energy than those with a vit/mag use. So when I'm spamming fortify (55 energy) + spark (62 energy), I may not regen my energy back as quickly, but I don't need as much either. I've got enough magic where I'm getting 57 energy back per 30 seconds (spamming fortify on cooldown means I'll actually be gaining energy over time). You would need an energy regen of 4.17 to use expel every 30 seconds (good luck) and I am generally using fortify in place of someone getting caught and being forced to expel. Obviously if you lag, a fortify genie wouldn't really be quite as useful for you :(

I really think its important to spam skills, so either a high vit/mag genie or add in some dex/str so that you can use skills that don't require as much energy. So in a 1v1 I just try to avoid using my higher energy skills (holy path/frenzy/badge) unless I really need to, and even if I do its regen'd in 40 seconds (I REALLY avoid domain unless its my only option.. 135 energy is a killer).. so I just need to be careful for a short time until I've let my energy pool fill up a bit. Anyway just my opinion :P

As for playing, I've been getting horribly bored lately and logging in to duel people. I've never stopped the forums (random addiction >.>) but I still have no plans of really playing again. I don't do any pve whatsoever, but I'm really missing some of my friends in game. So if logging in to duel for a few days is playing again.. I guess I am (for a short time). Don't really have any serious plans of really starting to play again though =]
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    psst adroit, is your genie 100 or 101, ive been trying to calculate your genie build and skills and I cant make it make sense with a 88/100 genie. It makes sense with 101 tho ;o
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    psst adroit, is your genie 100 or 101, ive been trying to calculate your genie build and skills and I cant make it make sense with a 88/100 genie. It makes sense with 101 tho ;o

haha ya its 101 xD I originally had poison instead of badge (lvl 100 genie), but I made the change a few months ago but needed that extra affinity so I had to dump a bunch of sp into it :P BTW, how were you planning to stat your planned genie (dex/vit/mag etc)
  • Krue/ - Lost City55
    Krue/ - Lost City55 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    On my wizards Genie I have

-Occult Ice -10
    - Frenzy -10
    -Abso domain -8
    -expe -10
    - cloud errupt

str is 85
    vit is 25
    i think its like 20 in mag?

Level 95 genie.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Maybe I should rephrase my idea. I wasn't just looking for what is on your genie, more of why you chose what you did. What is the reasoning behind the skills you picked (if any)? So when I look at Krue/.. I know I'd walk circles around someone with a genie like that. I'm sure something is off because you can't even use domain with 25vit, but if I was gonna 1v1 him.. I could just wait for him to use a genie skill (occult?) badge it off.. sleep ulti and he'd be done. occult (80), frenzy (75), domain (135), expel (125), cloud (changes.. but at least 130) with **** vit/magic means you get one skill and your genie is basically out of commission for a long time. Perhaps I'm missing something, which is why I was looking for a bit more of a response xD
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    haha ya its 101 xD I originally had poison instead of badge (lvl 100 genie), but I made the change a few months ago but needed that extra affinity so I had to dump a bunch of sp into it :P BTW, how were you planning to stat your planned genie (dex/vit/mag etc)

Depending if I get the LP to have 6 skills, I was planning on the build being the cutoff of 1 point per stat on mag and vit. Meaning when you start adding 2 points per lvl of a certain stat, I would stop, and pump everything into dex. I believe stats turn to 2 points per stat lvl after you add 40 points to a stat from its base lvl.

So mine would be exactly like yours.

Str: 3
    Vit: 60
    Mag: 45
    Dex: 70+ depending on how many LP i get

That would be the Discipline Genie ofc. Although if I had the $ I would probably get the Longevity genie instead for the 10 extra dex.

I will miss expel. But I hope that badge of courage will turn out to be better. With my current genie with 80 mag and 62 vit I can spam skills like expel and fortify whenever I need to pretty well. It going to be different, but hopefully Ill get more control with badge and spark. I'm assuming my energy regeneration rate won't be too much of a difference with 25 less mag than I have now.

I've never looked into genie gear but I would also do what you want to do and increase the dex as much as I can, since all the skills on the genie would have dex bonuses.

edit: oh, for your genie, I personally don't use the discipline's initial skill so I would have deleted it and replaced it with ToP for the 7th skill.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Depending if I get the LP to have 6 skills, I was planning on the build being the cutoff of 1 point per stat on mag and vit. Meaning when you start adding 2 points per lvl of a certain stat, I would stop, and pump everything into dex. I believe stats turn to 2 points per stat lvl after you add 40 points to a stat from its base lvl.

So mine would be exactly like yours.

Str: 3
    Vit: 60
    Mag: 45
    Dex: 70+ depending on how many LP i get

That would be the Discipline Genie ofc. Although if I had the $ I would probably get the Longevity genie instead for the 10 extra dex.

I will miss expel. But I hope that badge of courage will turn out to be better. With my current genie with 80 mag and 62 vit I can spam skills like expel and fortify whenever I need to pretty well. It going to be different, but hopefully Ill get more control with badge and spark. I'm assuming my energy regeneration rate won't be too much of a difference with 25 less mag than I have now.

I've never looked into genie gear but I would also do what you want to do and increase the dex as much as I can, since all the skills on the genie would have dex bonuses.

The cutoff on vit would be 55 with a discipline genie xD You shouldn't have any trouble spamming skills with a few less magic.. as the consumption will be alot less as well (125 on expel.. 75 for badge.. haha). The real issue is that without a lot of dex, when badge fails you're basically **'d. At 90 dex I would be at 85% chance to remove stun (right now its 77%) and its really frustrating when badge fails. Being that I know I'd want a dex genie no matter what, and I need something for when fortify fails.. badge kinda makes alot more sense. I basically think about expel vs badge like having an almost guaranteed escape about once a minute with expel (although thats not entirely true.. I've been locked in place by good bms/sins before for the entire duration of expel and killed almost instantly after), or a 77% (85% soon) chance to escape every 30 seconds. There is really alot more to it than that, but thats the main thing that convinced me that the fortify + badge combo was the way for me to go xD

edit (to your edit): I've considered dropping wind force a couple times.. but holy path in the air that only costs 40 energy is pretty nice. I've had a few problems in the past where I'd see someone wind forcing after me (like an archer), and I'd drop to the ground and double holy path only to find they were still right on me but catching up because they were on their flying mount. If I need to run for a moment, I don't like having to be pinned to the ground for holy path. I'm also kinda chicken removing it because I can't get it back if I ever regretted that choice. I did kinda consider ToP.. but the high energy requirement made me choose otherwise. If I were to get one more skill it'd probably be wind shield.. spammable like 25% reduced damage (for 9-10 seconds) is pretty nice imo.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    The cutoff on vit would be 55 with a discipline genie xD You shouldn't have any trouble spamming skills with a few less magic.. as the consumption will be alot less as well (125 on expel.. 75 for badge.. haha). The real issue is that without a lot of dex, when badge fails you're basically **'d. At 90 dex I would be at 85% chance to remove stun (right now its 77%) and its really frustrating when badge fails. Being that I know I'd want a dex genie no matter what, and I need something for when fortify fails.. badge kinda makes alot more sense. I basically think about expel vs badge like having an almost guaranteed escape about once a minute with expel (although thats not entirely true.. I've been locked in place by good bms/sins before for the entire duration of expel and killed almost instantly after), or a 77% (85% soon) chance to escape every 30 seconds. There is really alot more to it than that, but thats the main thing that convinced me that the fortify + badge combo was the way for me to go xD

ok wow I failed at that math, sorry I had the number 45 in my head for some reason and adding 15 to that.

and yea that's part of the reason I want badge instead, All expel is doing for me atm is pretty much letting the sin/bm tick my charm an extra time during the stunlock before killing me.

edit 2: oh I remember the other reason I want badge instead of expel. Expel seems to not work in TW. ^.^
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Expel was fixed for tw. =] But i've been having troubles with my wiz genie maybe one of you can help.

I've been thinking of replacing expel and domain would fortify,badge be a good replacement? :p And if i get lucky and go 71/100 i can add spark =] I have the stones and stuff to reroll into dex but right now its at Strength 6 , dex5 ,vit 76, magic 60
    64/92
    Expel
    Domain
    Holy path
    Leaf dance (bad decision i'm replacing it with extreme poison after i decide what i'm replacing domain,expel with. x.x)
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Expel was fixed for tw. =] But i've been having troubles with my wiz genie maybe one of you can help.

I've been thinking of replacing expel and domain would fortify,badge be a good replacement? :p And if i get lucky and go 71/100 i can add spark =] I have the stones and stuff to reroll into dex but right now its at Strength 6 , dex5 ,vit 76, magic 60
    64/92
    Expel
    Domain
    Holy path
    Leaf dance (bad decision i'm replacing it with extreme poison after i decide what i'm replacing domain,expel with. x.x)

I think it'd be a great idea to get badge/fortify on your genie. Just keep in mind you need a high dex genie for badge, so you won't have a ton of vit/mag to be using skills like ToP. Fortify + Badge if used properly should be enough to make you almost uncatchable for melee classes (except sins). You'll want something to deal with other mages/clerics that sleep, which is why I still have domain on my genie (sleep -> ulti is deadly). Domain isn't my #1 choice, but I really haven't found anything that works with my current genie (maybe wind shield.. though I have a feeling I'd still be getting ***** even with 25% more survivability lol). What were you planning to be using your wiz for mostly? And why are you looking for alternatives to domain/expel? I want reasoningz!
  • HealingBliss - Lost City
    HealingBliss - Lost City Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I think it'd be a great idea to get badge/fortify on your genie. Just keep in mind you need a high dex genie for badge, so you won't have a ton of vit/mag to be using skills like ToP. Fortify + Badge if used properly should be enough to make you almost uncatchable for melee classes (except sins). You'll want something to deal with other mages/clerics that sleep, which is why I still have domain on my genie (sleep -> ulti is deadly). Domain isn't my #1 choice, but I really haven't found anything that works with my current genie (maybe wind shield.. though I have a feeling I'd still be getting ***** even with 25% more survivability lol). What were you planning to be using your wiz for mostly? And why are you looking for alternatives to domain/expel? I want reasoningz!

tw but thats a little away because i still have to level and bank a few more skill books. =] I like domain for its anti stun but i never actually find myself using it for resists. =/ If i'm in trouble i like to use top which takes less energy :P I'll have to make another genie with expel on it for grinding but in any other situation it only works against sins, and not very well i usually just find myself dead when expel wears off.(bms dont count 'cause they can stun lock you through expel.) I usually 7/10 times only use domain for the anti stun so having a more spammable version of that would be better. Since my wiz isnt tw ready yet i was putting a hold on some skills like frenzy and domain would go back on my genie when i can find an 81/100.
    Shhh don't troll, it's yulk bait.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    tw but thats a little away because i still have to level and bank a few more skill books. =] I like domain for its anti stun but i never actually find myself using it for resists. =/ If i'm in trouble i like to use top which takes less energy :P I'll have to make another genie with expel on it for grinding but in any other situation it only works against sins, and not very well i usually just find myself dead when expel wears off.(bms dont count 'cause they can stun lock you through expel.) I usually 7/10 times only use domain for the anti stun so having a more spammable version of that would be better. Since my wiz isnt tw ready yet i was putting a hold on some skills like frenzy and domain would go back on my genie when i can find an 81/100.

Well getting fortify + badge on your genie would be a really good start. I do think that having something to deal with stuns is the #1 priority on a genie (at least for mages). Obviously expel isn't my preference.. high energy requirement and its not all that uncommon to keep u stun locked through the entire duration D: I actually kinda view genie spark as kinda a hidden way to beat people. I've caught many people by surprise with 5digit hits with just an undine -> fire skill crit (with genie spark obv). The low energy cost and cooldown topped with a huge deubff (with a dex genie) makes it a must for any dex genie on a wizard imo. You can also use it on psychics with soul of retaliation if you say blink in and sleep -> ulti.. using genie spark trips their buff and reflects back a harmless fire debuff on yourself (lol they have no fire skills) and when that ulti lands.. the ulti effect will work and you'll be doing full damage to the psy (retaliation reduces one hits damage).

The rest is just kinda personal preference.. although I'd recommend domain as its very versatile (just can't be used much).. but it will deal with some of the weird stuff people come up with.. used it today when another wiz sutra -> FoW -> cloud eruption -> (I used domain) -> resist BT. The random stuff like that its nice to have a kinda all encompassing genie skill just in case (just try to avoid using it unless you really need to :P)
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    You'll want something to deal with other mages/clerics that sleep, which is why I still have domain on my genie (sleep -> ulti is deadly). Domain isn't my #1 choice, but I really haven't found anything that works with my current genie (maybe wind shield.. though I have a feeling I'd still be getting ***** even with 25% more survivability lol).

Have you thought about aquaflame armor? On your genie, you would get 49% damage reduction for 10 seconds (and then a 31% damage amp, but nothing is perfect).
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    These are the two Genies I use.

http://s3.directupload.net/images/110210/8qr863z9.jpg

The dex Genie was inspired by your advice of course, Adroit. I was basically deciding if I should use a dex genie with long fortify and badge or a vit genie with short fortify and expel. I was always looking for a skill to use when I am already stunned and I gotta say I do like Badge, because most people do not seem to expect it and you can turn a situation where you are the surprised one into one where the other person is surprised and has to react. I also used spark over extreme poison because I think with 90 dex it is the far better amp. And I just like Will Of The Phoenix. Getting Wind Shield over Domain was initially just because I need lvl 101 for the additional water affinity for Domain, but so far I do like the skill. It can save you against clerics when they sleep you. You can also use it if badge fails. Sure it won't help you against most aps players, but sometimes you can make a lucky escape.

The second genie is the one I use for PvE and maybe I gonna use it for group PvP/TW (If I am gonna TW after the map reset). Here Expel can make you survive ganks and maybe buy you time when you have squad mates to help you. It also helps yu with zhenning of course. Cloud Eruption helps to spam aoes. Cauterize was more a filler because I cannot learn a lot more useful stuff with the current affinities. But I imagine it might be useful against random nixes targeting you. My second choice was getting Leaf Dance, but I had teh impression it blocks the sage bids proc. Which would really suck lol.
    Oh yea, I will reset the str to mag, but waiting on token prices to come down so I can get some reset orders...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Ok...After Reading through a bit of this thread, I think on my (next) Genie, I'll try for at least Fortify. I got Occult Ice a few days ago, but it really doesn't seem very useful to me, I can't usually use it on Psys, Archers or Other Wiz because there always out of Range. Even on Bms/Barbs/Sins, I'm usually always out of the 10m Range. I think I'll delete it soon. I've looked at Stunning Blast too, but it has the same Range problem I think.

I might replace Expel with AD (Had AD, replaced it with Expel for FF), as I think I need an immunity around now. (Not one that Seals me lol..) but I'll miss using Expel on the enemy (20m range is a lot better than Occult Ice, I can use it more on the Ranged Classes, but still, not a lot), but my main use is Expelling Sins that pop out of Stealth, giving me time to wait there stun out while there still sealed, Shrink away, maybe sleep them, Glacial Snare and then whatever comes to mind next.

I was just wondering, at 3k HP Unbuffed, would Tree of Protection or Second Wind be better? ToP Recovers a % of HP, and any % of 3000 isn't very much. But unless you stack STR into your genie, it seems that SW's heal is weak.

I really should get Holy Path back now, I can kite almost any melee class perfectly well without it, (But Sprinting BM's can get annoying haha), just to give me a bit of extra space, (I suppose could be useful vs. Archers too, for either running into them, or running out of range, healing, and coming back.)

But I sense a lack of Affinity's for a good genie at my level,

~Galox
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    71/100

Frenzy 10
    EP 10
    Holy Path 10
    Expel 10
    Domain 10
    Fortify 1.

My alts have better genies (veno has 73/90 with 4 lvl 4 genie gear haha)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    @Galox: You cannot Expel sins anymore that have the buff filter on... I wish you could, then I would get Expel over Badge any day. In fact it was one thing that made fighting sins as wizard a BIT more balanced. Too bad it was changed. :/

@Amour: That's a build I was thinking about as well. Is it dex or pure vit/mag? If it is not dex, does 3 sec fortify suffice?
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• Galox - Heavens Tear
    Galox - Heavens Tear Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Galox: You cannot Expel sins anymore that have the buff filter on... I wish you could, then I would get Expel over Badge any day. In fact it was one thing that made fighting sins as wizard a BIT more balanced. Too bad it was changed. :/

@Amour: That's a build I was thinking about as well. Is it dex or pure vit/mag? If it is not dex, does 3 sec fortify suffice?

Oh...I'm guessing thats why sometimes Expel fails? I've definitely expelled Sins before, and I'm sure Expel is meant to work 100% of the time, but sometimes it does fail. Would that be what your talking about, the buff filter? Perhaps I should keep that in mind, thanks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:victory
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Oh...I'm guessing thats why sometimes Expel fails? I've definitely expelled Sins before, and I'm sure Expel is meant to work 100% of the time, but sometimes it does fail. Would that be what your talking about, the buff filter? Perhaps I should keep that in mind, thanks :)

Yep, it just fails when someone has the filter activated. I didn't know there are still noob sins that did not check the filter. But it's definitely not worth trying out, because if tehy got the filter checked it just fails. It doesn't cast on you instead, it simply fails.

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    Have you thought about aquaflame armor? On your genie, you would get 49% damage reduction for 10 seconds (and then a 31% damage amp, but nothing is perfect).

@ That 5% really doesn't justify that 31% amp afterwards or the 95 energy is requires compared to the 62 of wind shield imo.
    These are the two Genies I use.

http://s3.directupload.net/images/110210/8qr863z9.jpg

The dex Genie was inspired by your advice of course, Adroit. I was basically deciding if I should use a dex genie with long fortify and badge or a vit genie with short fortify and expel. I was always looking for a skill to use when I am already stunned and I gotta say I do like Badge, because most people do not seem to expect it and you can turn a situation where you are the surprised one into one where the other person is surprised and has to react. I also used spark over extreme poison because I think with 90 dex it is the far better amp. And I just like Will Of The Phoenix. Getting Wind Shield over Domain was initially just because I need lvl 101 for the additional water affinity for Domain, but so far I do like the skill. It can save you against clerics when they sleep you. You can also use it if badge fails. Sure it won't help you against most aps players, but sometimes you can make a lucky escape.

The second genie is the one I use for PvE and maybe I gonna use it for group PvP/TW (If I am gonna TW after the map reset). Here Expel can make you survive ganks and maybe buy you time when you have squad mates to help you. It also helps yu with zhenning of course. Cloud Eruption helps to spam aoes. Cauterize was more a filler because I cannot learn a lot more useful stuff with the current affinities. But I imagine it might be useful against random nixes targeting you. My second choice was getting Leaf Dance, but I had teh impression it blocks the sage bids proc. Which would really suck lol.
    Oh yea, I will reset the str to mag, but waiting on token prices to come down so I can get some reset orders...

I really like your genies :P I've considered replacing domain with wind shield, just a little worried about situations like in TW where I need to get that ult off.. or resisting a purge etc. It has crossed my mind though D: I'm really not worried about aps chars, badge + well timed fortify is perfect to keep me out of their reach :P

@Galox - ya I had a similar experience with occult. I wanted another control skill, but I just didn't find it all that useful honestly. I'm suggest second wind over ToP with hp that low.. I think ToP is more for higher hp chars.. and if you need that hp to survive one more hit you can't really wait the 4-6 seconds for ToP to heal you up.

@Amour - How does that expel/fortify combo work? I know you've said expel has saved you a number of times, but do you need to fortify just before it runs out to avoid being caught in a perma stun lock? (i.e. use 125 + 55 = 180 energy to get away?)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    @Arenaceous
    Genie has 42 dex (for an older skill never bothered to restat) so my fortify is 4 seconds I believe. 3 seconds would be perfectly sufficient too, if I make a new genie (which I plan on soon) it will be pure vit/mag.

@Adroit most people are too stupid to stun while expelled, the only two things they can do are occult or roar of the pride and unless I'm fighting Calvin I don't need to worry about either. I use them separately, for now.

If I get another 71/81+ discipline I might look into badge... I know Elayne has a 100 dex genie (hello 16 second EP and 6 second Fortify), but we'll see.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    @Arenaceous
    Genie has 42 dex (for an older skill never bothered to restat) so my fortify is 4 seconds I believe. 3 seconds would be perfectly sufficient too, if I make a new genie (which I plan on soon) it will be pure vit/mag.

@Adroit most people are too stupid to stun while expelled, the only two things they can do are occult or roar of the pride and unless I'm fighting Calvin I don't need to worry about either. I use them separately, for now.

If I get another 71/81+ discipline I might look into badge... I know Elayne has a 100 dex genie (hello 16 second EP and 6 second Fortify), but we'll see.

Ya D: I'm just worried that someone besides Calvin will figure out how to stun lock through expel (get frostblade first >.>.. or glitch fire buff for a bm or water buff for a sin) then that'd kinda suck.
  • Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I know there are more wizards with interesting genies out there >.> I'm still curious :o
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I was thinking about using Mage Star instead of Wind Shield, it could be pretty useful against that Tempest. Downside is the energy consumption of course... But it has a short cooldown. Ever thought of that skill Adroit?

• Adroit - Lost City
    edited February 2011
    I was thinking about using Mage Star instead of Wind Shield, it could be pretty useful against that Tempest. Downside is the energy consumption of course... But it has a short cooldown. Ever thought of that skill Adroit?

I thought about it.. I learned level 1 of it for the shield (figured it'd work like all the other shields in game and absorb at least one hit) but I was testing with a friend and he hit me for 8k through the shield rofl (BIDS and no other debuffs). So much for that idea.