Genie Discussion

Comments

• Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just a random thought: Didn't the removal of CC make expel a lot more useful? At least it should be much harder for a BM or Sin to stun through it without the possibility to cancel DBB or CT.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Just a random thought: Didn't the removal of CC make expel a lot more useful? At least it should be much harder for a BM or Sin to stun through it without the possibility to cancel DBB or CT.

Definitely for bms because they need to use 2 sparks to get their fire buff now, but the water buff for sins doesn't cost much of anything if I remember right. They don't need to cancel it.. just use the water skill and can use control skills through expel.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Adroits not here so I can't bug him with genie stuff anymore! =/
    Oh well I replaced wind shield with remove paralyze on my genie. I'm using it for the sin and psychic paralyze's mostly(I've used it on the bm fist 79 skill sometimes to) but I'm still not sure if I should keep it on.

Dex 100
    vit 62
    magic 49

Spark
    Fortify
    Badge of courage
    Remove paralyze
    Extreme poison
    Frenzy
    Holy path

It's veryyyyy helpful but I dont have any skills that actually stop or reduce damage on it so sometimes I get squished.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    Adroits not here so I can't bug him with genie stuff anymore! =/
    Oh well I replaced wind shield with remove paralyze on my genie. I'm using it for the sin and psychic paralyze's mostly(I've used it on the bm fist 79 skill sometimes to) but I'm still not sure if I should keep it on.

Dex 100
    vit 62
    magic 49

Spark
    Fortify
    Badge of courage
    Remove paralyze
    Extreme poison
    Wind sheild/AD
    Holy path

It's veryyyyy helpful but I dont have any skills that actually stop or reduce damage on it so sometimes I get squished.

you dont need 3 damage amps with an almost non existant cooldown...
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    but frenzy isthe only aoe amp.
    i like potato
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    but frenzy isthe only aoe amp.

^ I use it in tw and group pvp for bids

I wont let go of any of my amps those are the ones I use the most! But ty =] Mm I think i'll keep remove paralyze its working well anyways.
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited October 2011
    you dont need 3 damage amps with an almost non existant cooldown...

lmao says the guy that tells me I need to use my genie for offensive purposes b:laughb:laughb:laugh

And wind shield is okay imo. I have it on my genie. I also use it for when I'm paralyzed or before a cleric sleep combo. Sins will still roflrape you, but it does help against clerics and bms.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    lmao says the guy that tells me I need to use my genie for offensive purposes

lmao at the wizard that doesn't use it for offensive purposes in TW b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
    edited November 2011
    lmao at the wizard that doesn't use it for offensive purposes in TW b:laughb:laughb:laugh

Zeal
    71/100

Frenzy
    Cloud Eruption
    Extreme Poison
    Holy Path
    Spark
    Fortify

Enough vit for 150 energy, the rest into mag for quick regeneration. My TW genie is pretty much entirely offensive, since as I stated in my guide that the sheer number of people in TW covers up many of our weaknesses. My 1v1 genie is defensive.
    edited November 2011
    And just because I know you so well.

You'll notice my genie doesn't have spark in that pic. That was before I was done leveling it. But you can clearly see the genie has it's fair share of offensive skills.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited November 2011
    And just because I know you so well.

You'll notice my genie doesn't have spark in that pic. That was before I was done leveling it. But you can clearly see the genie has it's fair share of offensive skills.

EP and frenzy is really redundant on a mage geni. Never got why ya'll use both. Spark covers 1v1 frenzy covers aoe. EP..costs more for a less effective amp than ep and cant AOE. May as well cram on a more exotic skill like will surge for spark sutra on rank 9 psys. Or earthblaze for a mass fire debuff on BT/DB. or even something really weird like lightning chaser if your a high priority target (Dropping barrage/interrupting catta pickup/invoke = hilarious)

And late late laaaate reply, but I figured that was a 1v1 geni, remove para seems odd on a tw geni but meh.

35 pages of Adriot told us so and "I lubs Dragonfire/aquaflame" gets old. 91+ LP genis exist the essentials would be

All:
    fort
    spark
    Holy path

Pk:
    AD/faith
    Badge
    EP

TW:
    Frenzy
    Cloud eruption

So thats 2-3 free spots unless your making a less effective all in one geni. Getting bored of seeing the same old adds (expel, wind sheild, low level ToP) or redundant low cooldown skills.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited November 2011
    I personally like to keep EP around on a TW genie because it's good for cata barbs. Spark gives me a hope in hell for killing r9s, but EP amps damage for everybody attacking the target.

Now for a 1v1 genie I completely agree that having both seems redundant. Like I said, EP is there for my fac mates sake, but spark is all you need if it's 1v1.
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    you know what,
    go demon
    and then we start genie discussion again - demon-biased
    ;D

i wish adroit was still around ;/

stil looking for the optimal tw+small group pk genie x.x

I did not forget you :) Let's get the demon biased talk done!

Here are two proposals:

1) http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=101c2730363f54&cls=6

2) http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=101c2527363f54&cls=6

I know you wanted Faith and Ce on one genie, but as you stated it needs 105 and I also find it kinda debateable to combine two such high energy consuming skills on one genie.

Now for the skills on my genies:
    - Spark, Fortify, Badge and Holy Path are the backbone of every dex genie for a wizard, so won't mess with them.
    - CE is for us demons who crave for chi all day long ;)
    - SoF is a skill I don't want to miss anymore. Especially without Domain you run otu of options quickly when fighting a wiz that uses a sparked sutra combo on you, or just sleeps + BT
    -Now for the last skill:
    1) Uses Will Surge to make up for the lack of faith against psychics. You use it along with sutra to kill them. Plus is you don't use up all your energy and can maybe use spark along with Will Surge, it also lasts for the whole sutra time. It can also be quite a surprise if used correctly against another mage.
    2) Remove Paralysis I found on a lot of mage genies nowadays. It's pretty useful against sins Tackling Slash or if you get Frozen in midair. It's another skill that can be used as replacement for another aspect of faith we will be missing.

I personally favor variant 1, since you can usually still shrink or seal if you get frozen, whereas killing psys without something against their seal is just a lucky gamble...
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    hm looks liek 1vs1 genies

SoF doesnt make sense on this server,
    there is like no wizard using spark and ..well there are like no wizards

they all come out of nowhere for tw with full rank9+12

tw. tw!
    these genies seem a bit ..sucky for TW yaeh
    im thinking a dex genie might be generally a bad idea for TW ;o

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=101527363f5354&cls=6
    thought o this one, lvl103,like me, but still not satisfied

http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=102730363f5354&cls=6
    rawr im at 60% how many ful FCs to lvl104 b:cry?

also, at what lvl would you keep Cloud Eruption?

Edit:
    to lazy to remove all the typos and errors
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't use a dex genie for TW, never did, never will. Not even as sage. Dex genies are awesome for one on ones and small scale group PvP. But in TW you mostly want high energy skills and a genie that allows you to use them often. I got a genie that isn't pure TW but also PvE. It's pure Mag/Vit with

- Holy Path
    - Cloud Eruption
    - Expel (mostly for PvE zhenning)
    - Domain
    - Frenzy (Best amp in TW period)
    - Tree of Protection (Filler/PvE skill, Might get Leaf Dance instead, spamable 2% crit, why not? I never used it coz it overwrites sage bids proc... i could also get fortify, but I think I needed 103 for it and three seconds is kinda meh. Also not like lowering mag def in TW period)

Need to level my mystic to 80 for the genie reset stone, once I got it I will post my remade genie here.

Edit: Can't believe your PvP is so different. we got at least 10 factor mages that will **** you with spark if you don't have some way around it. Regardless of their overall skill level.

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2011
    there are a handful of wizzes who actually care a lot for genies and got a spark genie as well
    that said, they somehow ended up in the same faction as i :P

and as much as PK (groups, factions vs factions) was active around may
    it is now dead again

thr only a few assasins who would demon spark ,stealth ,1shot caster, stealth ,safe zone
    they can do that for hours over hours without getting bored
    that kinda killed any fun as well :p

20111205185958.jpg

ONE try to go (one reset thingie left in my stash x.x) gotta think before actig b:chuckle

want a genie suited for small scale group pvp (faction internal pk fests, since the server is pooped atm)

cloud eruption seems to be a must for that,
    frenzy looks neat as well, dunno. .. i have it on my tw genie and i know why i do.
    expel seems almost useless- such a pretty pve skill
    AD is missing, save your squad much? think i want that ;o
    will surge works against seal right? psy are so hard to kill, that could be the change

another option in my mind is making this genie a non-dex genie again
    tons of mag and tons of vit thanks to those $$genie gears x.x
    i like potato
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    edited December 2011
    http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=272e3031365354&cls=6

How does that look? As pure mag/vit. It's very anti psy. But since they own in group PvP and you got no Badge against a long Soul of Stunning or Earth Vector you can use Oxygen Bubble and together with Stone Barrier laugh at them when they nuke you. It also works vs Bids in TW or group PvP since sage wizards love to spam it and domain has a long cooldown.

Edit:

Thinking about doing this for TW
    http://aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html#skills=1c2e31365354&cls=6

• JYUUU - Harshlands
    JYUUU - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    88/100 Discipline

Holy path
    Faith
    Wind shield
    Fortify
    Badge of courage
    Spark
    Extreme poison

90dex
    60vit
    45mag
    +4 dex gears

gonna find some warsong medals to make +4/+4 dex vit
    still hesitating to remove extreme poison for soul of fire, but since i'm only using r8 +10 weap, EP is still nice sometimes to help a bypass when i need it.I might do that once i'll have a refined r9 weap
    still not decide for adding vit or mag with genie gears though, i feel like mag could be useful too for faster regen so i could use some skills faster after using belief for sins for example, since most of the skills i'm using frequently requires low energy.
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited March 2012
    Kay so I have a 73/100 genie that has like 39 vit, 90 mag, 30 dex, and like 25 str, can't remember exactly off the top of my head. My skills are spark, cloud eruption (lvl 1), frenzy, holypath, AD, n ToP. But I find i only use spark in duels coz I'm too busy spamming CE in tw. So, been thinkin about removing spark and putting on expel. Thoughts, suggestions?
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
    edited March 2012
    You're right that spark isn't as useful in TW. Unless you plan to use to it for killing r9 casters, I would take it off since you don't seem interested in 1v1s. Expel could be a good choice for your genie, but the problem with that is that you're still susceptible to casters, which are in abundance in TW. You might also want to consider extreme poison. It may only be a single target skill, but it can be very useful if you're in a cata killing squad, because the damage amp applies to all of your squad mates attacks.
  • PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Okay thanks killa ^^ I really appreciate the feedback
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    As a mid-level Barb, I've found "Second Wind" and "Leaf Dance" to be very usefull in both PVP and PVE.

Just last week someone thought they would PK me while I had low HP from mobbing. I healed enough with "Second Wind" to kill him (I think somewhere between 1/4 - 1/3 of my hp). I guess it's not a "popular" skill, because they came back just to ask "How in the #%$& did you heal so fast?". lol
    I'm not sure about the high level genies, but for low-mid level "tank" classes, I'd say that "Second Wind" is a must.

As for "Leaf Dance", it's just a nice boost for your critical hitrate, to help speed things up. :)
    edited April 2012
    np Phes b:cute

And Savini, this is a thread for discussion of wizard genies, and mainly endgame ones at that b:shutup
  • Savini - Lost City
    Savini - Lost City Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    np Phes b:cute

And Savini, this is a thread for discussion of wizard genies, and mainly endgame ones at that b:shutup
    Ahh, my apologies. I was looking through the "Today's Posts", and didn't notice the "Wizard" thread label at the top. My bad. b:embarrass
  • bear1215hug
    bear1215hug Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I am new here any body help how can I strengthen my power... thanks

***Funny Photos***
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So my genie currently looks like this

Comments, suggestions? Not reallty sure what to get as my 6th skill :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • DejaEntendu - Heavens Tear
    DejaEntendu - Heavens Tear Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So my genie currently looks like this

Comments, suggestions? Not reallty sure what to get as my 6th skill :(

Get rid of Frenzy and get Absolute Domain and Tree of Protection.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/P6608.png[/SIGPIC]
    wizard pk videos: youtube.com/user/elijahpvp
    edited May 2012
    Get rid of Frenzy and get Absolute Domain and Tree of Protection.

Mmmm sounds like a good idea, but for PvE I already have 61/80 Discipline with vit/mag build with EP, AD, HP, ToP and Fortify.

AD and ToP sounds like a good idea on that genie even for PK/PvP whatever but I really do love frenzy :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ToP for anything but JoSD +10 R9 or barbs chars is worthless in PvP. Anything with physical attack will tear through your defences faster than the time for the first tick of ToP to activate.
    edited May 2012
    ToP for anything but JoSD +10 R9 or barbs chars is worthless in PvP. Anything with physical attack will tear through your defences faster than the time for the first tick of ToP to activate.

I find it quite useful on my veno, but you're probably right. What skill would you suggest then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_