Demon QS (not as great as I thought)

14567810»

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    LOL. I stop avoiding any/all mobs all together in abaddon when I got my r8... including the mobs on your way there. I find it its faster for me to kill them with 3 hits then to wait for them to walk away and sneak pass. Maybe before you make assumption about how the other half lives... you should take a peek at their lifestyle.

Silly, you should have stayed with the cake.

I was not talking about those monsters!

I was talking about the monsters you aggro while shooting the tower. If you leave too fast, they chase you, and you may have to spend time killing them. And I believe that that amount of time tends to be longer than "wings of protection channel time". If you are standing on the ground, casting chi skill and wings of protection is approximately the right amount of time to lose their aggro. If you are in the water I think you lose their aggro before you swim to where you can climb out.
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Silly, you should have stayed with the cake.

I was not talking about those monsters!

I was talking about the monsters you aggro while shooting the tower. If you leave too fast, they chase you, and you may have to spend time killing them. And I believe that that amount of time tends to be longer than "wings of protection channel time". If you are standing on the ground, casting chi skill and wings of protection is approximately the right amount of time to lose their aggro. If you are in the water I think you lose their aggro before you swim to where you can climb out.

Just how many mobs (around tower) do you aggro. Even if you are at 30 meters on land... the most you'll aggro is 2 flower things. Two mob adds... that is 4 shots or 5 seconds for me. Considering we're talking about 1 r9 = 4 tt99 range xbow hits. It takes me more or less 10 shots to kill the tower... that will be 40 hits for you... and I even hit faster. You'll take about a whole minute longer to kill the tower.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Just how many mobs (around tower) do you aggro. Even if you are at 30 meters on land... the most you'll aggro is 2 flower things. Two mob adds... that is 4 shots or 5 seconds for me. Considering we're talking about 1 r9 = 4 tt99 range xbow hits. It takes me more or less 10 shots to kill the tower... that will be 40 hits for you... and I even hit faster. You'll take about a whole minute longer to kill the tower.

I only use the tt99 crossbow on the tower and it typically takes me 16 shots with my crossbow to kill it with that crossbow, which was my original point.

I think you can agree that even if I refined the crossbow to +12 for that it would still be an inferior weapon to your bow. Do you disagree on that point?

But I would take something like 8 shots to kill the tower then. And it would still be an inferior weapon.

And it would take me even fewer if I was a dex build archer (which I am not). Likewise if I had frenzy on my genie it would be faster.

Do you understand my point?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You know if you two were married and doing the run together it'd take you each like 5 shots to kill the tower. Then you can summon a Veno harem to deal with the mobs.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The Cake is always a lie...

but Kiyoshi's and Fleuri's love is soooooo true!!!

Quilue stop posting fake picture of me
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:scorn

Ruvil, why do you have my picture saved?!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I sense some love in the air between Ruvil and Kerona...
    Especially with how much they seem to want "cake" from each other all the time.
    Now just how deep their love is, we're anxiously awaiting to see. b:heart
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    KeronaT comes bearing cake too!

AH PITY DA FOO WHO DOESN'T HAVE CAKE!
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Hawt cake on cake action yesyes?
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    b:dirty
    Ruvil did my hair for this picture.
    This was after he finally gave me the cake.

And my were they delicious cakes.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mksqa1xy
    mksqa1xy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Which argument? the argument that take aim does not take 1.6 seconds?

Like this game
  • mksqa1xy
    mksqa1xy Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    great game
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I have demon QS. It's great. Fantastic.

Please don't ask how I got it on my Sage archer.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • seuen
    seuen Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i really think you guys are missing the point here. Really the difference in sage and demon is playing style. But really whats a stun or a seal on aim low or the proc on QS when 100% of my chi use in pk is used to keep my self alive and not stun locked from a sin. Sins are the only class that i have problem fighting. All i can say is this..... sage or demon its really up to the person and there playing style but in pk it really does not matter, its all in the timing of expel and apo and wings of grace to live from a stealth atk from a sin In tw i still would take my demon archer over a sage but again i have seen some really good sage archer in my groups as well
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    seuen wrote: »
    i really think you guys are missing the point here. Really the difference in sage and demon is playing style. But really whats a stun or a seal on aim low or the proc on QS when 100% of my chi use in pk is used to keep my self alive and not stun locked from a sin. Sins are the only class that i have problem fighting. All i can say is this..... sage or demon its really up to the person and there playing style but in pk it really does not matter, its all in the timing of expel and apo and wings of grace to live from a stealth atk from a sin In tw i still would take my demon archer over a sage but again i have seen some really good sage archer in my groups as well

I think assassin battles should go something like this:

assassin: Telestun

archer: break stun + anti-stun

both: fight until assassin uses force stealth

archer: Wings of grace (unless you had just used vacuity)

archer: town portal (or teleport incense), unless you are fighting in outside west archosaur -- then you can put yourself on walk and walk back to safe zone...

If the assassin does not not attack you again before you are gone, the battle is over.

For either person to win an assassin battle, I think the other should have to die before the above sequence of events runs its course. So, I must be missing some important point? (And, yes, wings of grace might be on cooldown if the assassin had fought you long enough. But that should just make it interesting, i think?)