Guild Base wars never coming?

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    So here's the latest update on this matter:

According to China, the 40v40 faction base battle has been cancelled, and they have instead been working on a new "faction base instance" feature. The devs are being pretty quiet about it, but one thing we do know is that it will be at a larger-scale than the original 40v40 plan.

We'll have more information about this soon.

200v200 wars! RAWRRR!!!

b:chuckle
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I believe that the proper term to describe what PWE is saying can be taken from a different mmo that I love, but also has issues with timely updates.

This update is coming..... SOON(tm)!
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011

According to China, the 40v40 faction base battle has been cancelled, and they have instead been working on a new "faction base instance" feature. The devs are being pretty quiet about it, but one thing we do know is that it will be at a larger-scale than the original 40v40 plan.

Thanks for the reply. At least we can put that matter to rest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Failure on a 40v40 scale isnt good enough for the Devs, they are going for EPIC FAIL.

Im so glad our faction didnt get all excited about the faction base thing.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Man, now I just want to go back and dig up all of the posts complaining about how stupid the faction siege battles were because they didn't want their bases damaged. b:chuckle

OK, just one: Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Who knows, maybe they just listened to our complaints and decided to rework it? I'm going to wait to see what replaces it before I make any judgments on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Man, now I just want to go back and dig up all of the posts complaining about how stupid the faction siege battles were because they didn't want their bases damaged. b:chuckle

OK, just one: Faction Bases: Tell me this is a joke...wth

Who knows, maybe they just listened to our complaints and decided to rework it? I'm going to wait to see what replaces it before I make any judgments on that.

Since when do the Dev listen to complaints?
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hmm...I wonder if there are any open jobs for devs position in PWE b:avoid

(Is signing up for Customer Service Rep soon, wish me luck lol)
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    We really need something new. There is no such thing as perfectworld "Endgame" but the players who consider themselves around there, the genesis expansion was awfull. I have never been into the new areas yet, on any of my accounts because there is no point. Yes a couple of new classes were added, but they cannot be compared to the classes released before it. The genesis expansion was an enourmous let down to 99% of your CORE community, the people that actually matter. I've been through all the expansions on this gave, all the way back to the Lost Empire or w\e it was called, and the Genesis was the worst to date. We really really need "New" content.

The majority of the players that have been around since the beggining have either quit, and\or afk at southbank all day untill tw's. They play other games, Such as LoL, WoW, etc. I know my guild, and others do. The expansion that came out awhile back sparked some old players to return, the guildbase seemed interesting, the 40v40 wars causing a lot of people to become active again, ofcourse within 3 days it was apparent that guild bases are massive coin sinks, no matter what the reward.

I completely went off topic, I've been meaning to make a thread similar to this post, but instead ill hijack this thread and such, and wen a mod censors out my post for saying LoL and WoW then ill move onto creating a topic with the same message.
    Unban me.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Instead of creating fresh new expansion, PWe prefer to use their new ideas to make new games. Since there always someone who want to be in the top... of new games... guaranteed income... compared to making an expansion...

If people left the game... pwe already prepare another new game... cycle..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    They can create all the new games they want, Im not playing another PWI game ever. This one has opened my eyes too well. No customer service, no communication and no caring what the community wants. Just give us your cash and S T F U.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Wow. So, after 6+ months of ignoring the community... We finally are rewarded w/ a response. What about all of the players that put 200m coins + the junk, into creating a faction base JUST for the wars? Are they getting a refund? Highly doubt it.

Here's the way I see it...

We we're told base wars we're in the expansion... They weren't.
    We we're told base wars we're coming in the future... They never did.
    We asked for clarification... None came. (thanks Frankie...Not.)
    We asked for clarification again... None came.
    We asked for clarification once more... We got clarification.
    We we're told base wars (after 6+ months of waiting), are canceled.
    We we're now told a "faction base instance" was being planned for the "future".

This is BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS. BS.

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad we we're given a response... Something that took online harassment (a United States of America crime), to accomplish. I'm glad that after 6+ months of begging a god damn response, we we're given one.

However...

This is BS. You lied to the community. You lied about the expansion. You keep holding fake promises of things that will never come through... EVER.

<- Extremely upset PAYING (have CS'd some cash in the game in the past) member of Perfect World Entertainment. This is a disgrace to the players of this game. I'm done typing anything to you Frankie, or I'll completely loose it. Have a nice day w/ all the players cash you scammed w/ your lies as well as PW-CNs.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    A bit off topic but there one pwe game that promises server vs server feature before ob.
    But the feature page disappear around the cbt testing. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    They can create all the new games they want, Im not playing another PWI game ever. This one has opened my eyes too well. No customer service, no communication and no caring what the community wants. Just give us your cash and S T F U.
    Wow. So, after 6+ months of ignoring the community... We finally are rewarded w/ a response. What about all of the players that put 200m coins + the junk, into creating a faction base JUST for the wars? Are they getting a refund? Highly doubt it.

Here's the way I see it...

(Read above)

Don't get me wrong -- I'm glad we we're given a response... Something that took online harassment (a United States of America crime), to accomplish. I'm glad that after 6+ months of begging a god damn response, we we're given one.

However...

This is BS. You lied to the community. You lied about the expansion. You keep holding fake promises of things that will never come through... EVER.

<- Extremely upset PAYING (have CS'd some cash in the game in the past) member of Perfect World Entertainment. This is a disgrace to the players of this game. I'm done typing anything to you Frankie, or I'll completely loose it. Have a nice day w/ all the players cash you scammed w/ your lies as well as PW-CNs.

It is comments like this that makes me want to try and do something cause there needs to be a change and a connection made between the community and the pwe GMs, Devs, and etc...a "balance". What I feel is that if you believe that there needs change, why don't you try to make the change? I plan on doing something soon. I am tired of seeing a game I like and still love playing go down in flames.
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!

• XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear
    XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2011

i can probably see it being suckish or fail...cuz thats how pwi always ends up
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    edited August 2011
    i can probably see it being suckish or fail...cuz thats how pwi always ends up

Lets just say hypothetically that they actually do something right...then what?
    Thanks goes to Dorset!

• LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Lets just say hypothetically that they actually do something right...then what?

Then we find the rapture was delayed by about a year and we all dissapear because PWE didnt **** up.
  • _kageyoshi_ - Heavens Tear
    _kageyoshi_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I highly doubt there are any competitors with PWI trying to 1up them, unless they're trying to make an even more mediocre product.

If you don't like it, then leave.. All this talk about PWI being **** has gotten old. No one is forcing you to play this game. And frankly the ones who keep complaining are the real people who are ruining this game. b:scorn

you can go ahead and flame this comment, i wont be coming back to this topic.
  • Okopogo - Harshlands
    Okopogo - Harshlands Posts: 751 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If you don't like it, then leave.. All this talk about PWI being **** has gotten old. No one is forcing you to play this game. And frankly the ones who keep complaining are the real people who are ruining this game. b:scorn

you can go ahead and flame this comment, i wont be coming back to this topic.

Are you blind? Most likely...
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Since when do the Dev listen to complaints?
    Well, you don't see Mirages as TW rewards anymore, do you?
    Wow. So, after 6+ months of ignoring the community... We finally are rewarded w/ a response. What about all of the players that put 200m coins + the junk, into creating a faction base JUST for the wars?
    Well, if you read Frankieray's post, it looks like they're still working on something to replace it. And, unlike last time, they're not hyping it before it's ready.

I guess we'll see what does or doesn't happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    Well, you don't see Mirages as TW rewards anymore, do you?

Well, if you read Frankieray's post, it looks like they're still working on something to replace it. And, unlike last time, they're not hyping it before it's ready.

I guess we'll see what does or doesn't happen.

I did read Frankieraye's post, of course. It took a ticket, denied ticket response, PM to a Mod, PM to Frankie, and bumping this thread a bunch to get a response. Why would I ignore/not read his response.

This is re.tarded, really. Anyone who can sit by and stick up for the companies involved in this mess, should be shot on sight. They have STOLEN 200m+ coins + the needed materials from a good 10 factions (at the very least) per server. True, the players did this on their own willingness. But, they we're told that base wars we're already in the game. They expected it to be true. Instead, after a couple weeks of trying to find out how to activate the base wars, GMs state that it isn't in the client and will be released in an upcoming patch. Everything else that went on after this, I've stated like 100 times in this thread.

No one will get a refund for this. The player base was lied too and scammed by Perfect World Entertainment. Perfect World China (PW-CN/Wanmei) gave false information to Perfect World Entertainment, and now people have guild bases that serve nothing more than buff/apoth joints.

"Something is coming in the future"

Do you know what I have to say to that statement? Sorry, it's against the forums rules to post what I really have to say about that statement. Nothing is coming in the future. If anything DOES come, it hasn't even been implemented in PW-CN yet (I keep up w/ the PW-CN BBS and website). Now, people have done base quests for their faction base, put millions of coins in, time, energy, effort, etc... For what?

This is BS, and anyone who has 2% of a effing brain can see it. If I'm the only one to stand up and shout at the top of my lungs that this is wrong, I'll do it until I die.

Edit: Just wanna say... If people would have known that the faction base served nothing more than base buffs and apoth, do you honestly think that they would spend 200m + subs + warsong items, etc + daily quests + upgrading to all the pillers (millions of coins to do that)? If anyone has this kind of coin and was willing to spend it JUST for apoth and base buffs, they are mentally re.tarded and extremely rich.

Edit again: Quick question to PWE (Frankie, or another GM): Are people getting refunded the coin/reverted faction base, now that they we're scammed/lied too?

One more edit: If anything was in the works as of present in PW-CN... Seeing as how it hasn't been on BBS or the website's news, we wouldn't get it in PWI for at least 7-10 months. At least. That's if it came out in the next month, lolol.

Last edit, I swear: I just sent another ticket. I'm asking on behalf of the community -- will people who bought faction bases under the false pretense of having "base wars", now get a refund for the materials and coin used to create the base and upgrade the pillers inside.
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Eh I think honestly its okay I mean I know they promised it they hoped to be able to do it but I guess they couldn't make it work. They probably thought they had it but then they didn't its just as simple as that. I mean if it can't literally be done then they should say it but I mean it is wrong to keep us in the dark that they are having problems sure you will get complaints but you were going to get those any way you do it but a little bit of honesty goes a long way. Most people understand if your having issues and need more time they will whine it was suppose to be now not later but the majority will just grin and bear the wait for you to finish a good product. Take console devs they are alloted a lot of time if they choose to release it next year thats fine if you make a good product people are willing to wait. Even if you make a ****ty product if people want it they will wait if your having issues releasing it. I have seen people wait 5 years counting the days for measly browser based flash games that in my opinion sucked nuts but they waited just the same and were happy to have it finally come out.

I honestly think so long as it doesn't add a slew of full game bugs if you add more quests here and there slowly add extra buildings or npcs people will be content like every couple of weeks there are a couple of new quests. You really don't have to add everything at once for people to be happy plus if you have some guys working on quests its all the better when you add a whole new story arc. Maybe add a weapon here or there that we don't have to cash shop to get, add a new animation here or there.

For instance you could also add a small instance for 12 v 12 thats two squads pitted against each other. What you could release there every month or two is a new map for it refit an area of the current map into some. Refine requirements, Level restrictions, even pot numbers can all be set to make a custom fight. It would solve player disputes just pit these squads against those with these restictions that are set by the challanger.

And I don't freakin mean that rip off of a cube arena that was the weakest sauce you guys could think of 5 million for a shot at playing it no thank you. Use daily badges to join the battle.

Make a TW practice arena make it cheap and easy to play but say the real thing costs a lot more. These ideas are a dime a dozen and could be implemented with little coding as they are already in the game of sorts. If I could talk with the devs I certainly would be giving them like hundreds of suggestions to make the player base stop complaining almost instantly. I honestly think if they just took a poll of what players wanted they could develop these things and then go back to what they wanted to do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear
    DEATHJOKER - Heavens Tear Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So PWI after all this time u still abusing ur players ??? seriously ONLY thing that hyped me to play is the base thing i was chocked how lame it was at 1st when i saw it OVER PRICED STUFF who the hell pays 200mil coin's for lame stuff i can buy another base with that money

PUTTING AN UNFINISHED THING and making people waste money on it ????? some guilds even did the alliance thing WTF ???

To be honest you guy's are all talk no action taking people$$ for the lames things ever i loved this game since it started i been active since then but this just 2

so we cant max LVL any part of base
    OVER priced gear material.....
    all our Money went for nothing
    and all my 94k merit is for nothing i cant even use it unless for buffs that i can get from a guild mate WTFFFFFFFFFFFF

GJ PWI U CANT SEIZE to amaze me bravo!!

DJ b:irritated
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE BIRD OF THE HERMES IS MY NAME EATING MY WINGS TO MAKE ME TAME
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The base isn't really all that expensive. On my server a fully upgraded base still costs less than a single love: up and down. For some cool buffs / apoth / arrows it's a decent benefit to a guild.

It's worth it but falls far short of the expectations they hyped up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear
    XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So PWI after all this time u still abusing ur players ??? seriously ONLY thing that hyped me to play is the base thing i was chocked how lame it was at 1st when i saw it OVER PRICED STUFF who the hell pays 200mil coin's for lame stuff i can buy another base with that money

just as DJ said. why the hell did u try to match our prices with china prices....their red pigment is like 5mil.. when in our its like 200k u guys are just dumb ***** if u ask me srsly u only make this game boring every day...atlest make story line or something to make it more intresting
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    atlest make story line or something to make it more intresting

There is a story line... Don't tell me you were too busy FCing your levels that you ignored it entirely? They aren't going to add a story line for FC, if that's what you're asking for...
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    There is a story line... Don't tell me you were too busy FCing your levels that you ignored it entirely? They aren't going to add a story line for FC, if that's what you're asking for...

Um actually they already did there is a least a 7 page book worth of story for that place, there are like whats it 6 or 8 different quests for that place its actually kinda important, most people don't read though....... In fact the elder of 1k mentions it a few times I think it was a temple of some sort long before the gods left. Not sure though its been a good two years since I have done those things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • krittycat
    edited August 2011
    Um actually they already did there is a least a 7 page book worth of story for that place, there are like whats it 6 or 8 different quests for that place its actually kinda important, most people don't read though....... In fact the elder of 1k mentions it a few times I think it was a temple of some sort long before the gods left. Not sure though its been a good two years since I have done those things.

Fine then... I was referring to more of a story line (since apparently what's already in the game isn't enough for him). Sorry I missed that little tidbit. b:chuckle
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    Fine then... I was referring to more of a story line (since apparently what's already in the game isn't enough for him). Sorry I missed that little tidbit. b:chuckle

Its okay your only a tiger no one is asking you to be a elephant b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aeyisha - Lost City
    Aeyisha - Lost City Posts: 475 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Lol Kritty owned by Pressa. GG.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |=>theempire.ucoz.com<=|
    Where wizards pull catas and barbs are nearly extinct...
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The base isn't really all that expensive. On my server a fully upgraded base still costs less than a single love: up and down. For some cool buffs / apoth / arrows it's a decent benefit to a guild.

It's worth it but falls far short of the expectations they hyped up.

It's not a fully upgraded base though is it ? Since low and behold we can't fully upgrade the base since it's capped at lvl 16 out of an advertised lvl 30.
    Are we ever going to see the other 14 levels ? or is this another " we are working on it " .

Most other businesses would have sacked their workers by now for their half-arsed approach to getting anything actually completed.

Btw PWI at the very least get ya heads out of the bank statement and fix the guild gear prices to a sensible level. ( After base wars Pretty much guarantee this was another reason people got the base )

" Woot Guild Gear something we don't have to CS for.. Well done PWI " *Week later* " 200mil for a +15 vit stone .. GTFO PWI "
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.