Guild Base wars never coming?

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Annoying ain't i? I'm being as critical of your words as you are being of PWE's words. the way you present a word can cause a situation to go multiple ways. <3 but honestly it really doesn't matter. o_o it's a matter that will solve itself. o_o Despite the Sub-Community Majority's opinion. :o

If players like myself didn't step in and try to take action/control, things like the e-mail being sent to Chinese developers, would have never happened. Thus, this thread would cease to exist. We would still be in the dark, and not knowing the status of faction base wars.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Well, I guess. However, seeing that base wars has been canceled... It wouldn't be base wars. Can't call out that base wars are canceled, to come out 7-10 months later w/ "improved base wars". As far as I'm aware, it's supposed to be something different/new for the faction base instance. The way Frankie made it sound, is that it will be a instance within' an instance.

I.e: PWI > Faction base > new faction base instance

Even if it was base wars, then the cancellation of the original base wars would subsequently be a false statement. Unless they decide to call base wars a different name. But what name would suit a war inside a base? Base battles? I mean, if it is the same idea -- it has already been canceled. If it's a reworked idea, it still would be considered base wars. In order for it to not be base wars, it has to be completely different.

If it is indeed something different, it goes against what was originally stated 6+ months ago -- that base wars were coming with the Earthguard expansion, along w/ the base. Either side of the coin that ya look at, I will see it the same -- a joke, really. It was a feature that was never implemented or worked on at all in PW-CN, yet it was supposed to be here day 1 of the EG expansion. It then, was supposed to be coming soon -- but never came. It was never worked on by Wanmei, and will never be worked on by Wanmei. So, why did it take 6+ months to tell the community this? This is something that should have been brought to the table before players purchased a faction base under the assumption that base wars were going to be inside them. In plain essence, the players were lied too. They were told that the wars would be with the expansion (that's why they purchased the bases), and they weren't with the expansion. They were told it was going to be coming soon, and it never came soon. So, players that bought the guild bases thinking that there would be base wars, only to find out that there was none (and now to find out that they are canceled and never coming), should be able to get a full refund on the guild bases if they desire, because they serve no purpose. While they may serve a purpose (*may*) in 7-10 months, they currently and probably never will really serve a purpose. The intended reason of purchase is long gone, so people that want a refund should be able to receive one.

I believe what was hyped up was called 40v40 Base wars... All frankie said was that this was a larger scale project, and that the 40v40 idea had been scrapped. This could mean more of a TW scale of PvP, while still maintaining the idea of base wars. Again, this is arguing semantics, and without knowing exactly what the devs are telling frankie, we can't make anything more than uneducated guesses.

b:surrender
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well, I guess. However, seeing that base wars has been canceled... It wouldn't be base wars. Can't call out that base wars are canceled, to come out 7-10 months later w/ "improved base wars". As far as I'm aware, it's supposed to be something different/new for the faction base instance. The way Frankie made it sound, is that it will be a instance within' an instance.

I.e: PWI > Faction base > new faction base instance

Even if it was base wars, then the cancellation of the original base wars would subsequently be a false statement. Unless they decide to call base wars a different name. But what name would suit a war inside a base? Base battles? I mean, if it is the same idea -- it has already been canceled. If it's a reworked idea, it still would be considered base wars. In order for it to not be base wars, it has to be completely different.

If it is indeed something different, it goes against what was originally stated 6+ months ago -- that base wars were coming with the Earthguard expansion, along w/ the base. Either side of the coin that ya look at, I will see it the same -- a joke, really. It was a feature that was never implemented or worked on at all in PW-CN, yet it was supposed to be here day 1 of the EG expansion. It then, was supposed to be coming soon -- but never came. It was never worked on by Wanmei, and will never be worked on by Wanmei. So, why did it take 6+ months to tell the community this? This is something that should have been brought to the table before players purchased a faction base under the assumption that base wars were going to be inside them. In plain essence, the players were lied too. They were told that the wars would be with the expansion (that's why they purchased the bases), and they weren't with the expansion. They were told it was going to be coming soon, and it never came soon. So, players that bought the guild bases thinking that there would be base wars, only to find out that there was none (and now to find out that they are canceled and never coming), should be able to get a full refund on the guild bases if they desire, because they serve no purpose. While they may serve a purpose (*may*) in 7-10 months, they currently and probably never will really serve a purpose. The intended reason of purchase is long gone, so people that want a refund should be able to receive one.

I have a feeling that this new instance will be a challenge inside guild bases, where wraiths will attack and your faction has to defend or something like that

Maybe faction members team up raid style to take out mobs and bosses.

I doubt this will be guild base wars, why would they cancel base wars only to just make it again. If that was the case then they wouldnt have just continuing working on it and reworking it.

Based on what frankie said I doubt they will be base wars. In my opinion, this game doesnt need base wars, because they have enabled people to buy power ie rank so if base wars ever came it would be just be pay to win anyway
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    I believe what was hyped up was called 40v40 Base wars... All frankie said was that this was a larger scale project, and that the 40v40 idea had been scrapped. This could mean more of a TW scale of PvP, while still maintaining the idea of base wars. Again, this is arguing semantics, and without knowing exactly what the devs are telling frankie, we can't make anything more than uneducated guesses.

b:surrender

Lets hypothetically say your correct. Lets say everything you stated is true. Does that make up for what has been done? Does that make up for what *might* happen in the future? Even if you are correct, we still won't see anything for the bases implemented for 7-10 months. I know, I know -- Frankie stated it would be sooner. However, I've been watching PW-CN's BBS (forums) and PW-CN's news feed for the last 2 1/2 years. I think I kinda got it down; how long it takes for new content on PW-CN, to be implemented in PWI's client and fully translated by PWI's translation team.

Even if your correct, we won't see this new base content for over half a year. That, combined with the already 6+ months the player base has been waiting for base wars, now would reach 1+ years. So, is it morally right and fair to state 40vs40 base wars would come out with the Earthguard expansion, have players buy bases under this assumption, and then 1+ year later, come out with base content equal or greater than base wars? I don't think so.

I have a feeling that this new instance will be a challenge inside guild bases, where wraiths will attack and your faction has to defend or something like that

Maybe faction members team up raid style to take out mobs and bosses.

I doubt this will be guild base wars, why would they cancel base wars only to just make it again. If that was the case then they wouldnt have just continuing working on it and reworking it.

Based on what frankie said I doubt they will be base wars. In my opinion, this game doesnt need base wars, because they have enabled people to buy power ie rank so if base wars ever came it would be just be pay to win anyway

Right, I understand. While I agree, that base wars were never technically needed, is it right for a game company to state one thing, have players buy the instance, and then state another thing 6+ months later?

I think new base content would be great, as bases currently serve only as buffs/apoth/arrows. I think fixing base gear prices would be great. I think a lot of things, tbh. But the players of this game were told that they would receive base wars with the expansion, and bought the base for this. While, not everyone did buy the base for this specific reason -- ask any of the top factions on Heaven's Tear, why they bought the bases. They wanted 40vs40 base wars for another way to compete PvP-wise with other top factions. They were willing to drop 200m+ coins + materials, to obtain the base under the impression (from the news posts), that there would be base wars inside.

So, in what world would they not get a refund if they asked for one? They are in the right, and deserve it.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    Lets hypothetically say your correct. Lets say everything you stated is true. Does that make up for what has been done? Does that make up for what *might* happen in the future? Even if you are correct, we still won't see anything for the bases implemented for 7-10 months. I know, I know -- Frankie stated it would be sooner. However, I've been watching PW-CN's BBS (forums) and PW-CN's news feed for the last 2 1/2 years. I think I kinda got it down; how long it takes for new content on PW-CN, to be implemented in PWI's client and fully translated by PWI's translation team.

Even if your correct, we won't see this new base content for over half a year. That, combined with the already 6+ months the player base has been waiting for base wars, now would reach 1+ years. So, is it morally right and fair to state 40vs40 base wars would come out with the Earthguard expansion, have players buy bases under this assumption, and then 1+ year later, come out with base content equal or greater than base wars? I don't think so.

Right, I understand. While I agree, that base wars were never technically needed, is it right for a game company to state one thing, have players buy the instance, and then state another thing 6+ months later?

I think new base content would be great, as bases currently serve only as buffs/apoth/arrows. I think fixing base gear prices would be great. I think a lot of things, tbh. But the players of this game were told that they would receive base wars with the expansion, and bought the base for this. While, not everyone did buy the base for this specific reason -- ask any of the top factions on Heaven's Tear, why they bought the bases. They wanted 40vs40 base wars for another way to compete PvP-wise with other top factions. They were willing to drop 200m+ coins + materials, to obtain the base under the impression (from the news posts), that there would be base wars inside.

So, in what world would they not get a refund if they asked for one? They are in the right, and deserve it.

Players would deserve it but I doubt a refund will ever happen lol. If this new base instance content happens to be something lame like phoenix valley, I could see a lot of people getting mad and wanting that refund.

Based off all of the previous content released in this game, this new "special" base instance probably won't be much. I predict will players will be enraged and complain on the forum about how useless the new instance will probably be and someone will bring up this old guild base war thing.

I know this is being negative, but thats what happens when they don't release any real content ever. I don't really expect much from PW anymore. Back then, I use to think up all kinds of new dungeon and things they can put into the game, but this game is about 3 years old and there is yet to be an actual new dungeon that isn't reskinned or recycled. Not counting jungle ruins or wedding place cause those are not actually dungeons. Also NV and Warsong are recycled fb109 so still dont count.

Like I said in the last post I would love if this new instance will be some type of raid event for factions or something along those lines. Raids would be great thing to introduce into this game. Technically world bosses used to be raids but these days of 5 aps rank 9 +12 they can be solo 'd lol.

If PW could bring new actual dungeons and Raids I would actually starting playing this game again. But as it stand all this game about know is spamming frost and nirvana. Oh and complaining at all the problems there are
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    If players like myself didn't step in and try to take action/control, things like the e-mail being sent to Chinese developers, would have never happened. Thus, this thread would cease to exist. We would still be in the dark, and not knowing the status of faction base wars.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the team is in constant communication with the Chinese team, regardless of your topics. Your topics, however, bring issues to our attention and call for Frankie's reaction on the matter. Nothing more.
  • Sway_ - Harshlands
    Sway_ - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Aye PM me the name too please b:cute

I would happily pay for a MMORPG that has actual Devs and a real player comunication unlike here where we're all nothing more but money income with no respect whatover.

If you're a new player and you're reading this don't let this game fool you,its not worth the money.

Pm me name of this game too please b:cute
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but the team is in constant communication with the Chinese team, regardless of your topics. Your topics, however, bring issues to our attention and call for Frankie's reaction on the matter. Nothing more.

Well to be fair, sometimes the issues get forgotten about by Frankie since it seems like has so much on his plate. For example, he flat out admitted that he had completely forgotten about the DDOs compensation. This seems like one of those times, since Frankie said after seeing the thread he was going to send an email "right now," implying that China hadn't really told him officially it was cancelled yet and he had forgotten to ask. It happens to the best of us.

@Tremble,

I don't think you can consider it a scam because scamming requires mens rea, which PWE certainly did not have. In your Pizza example, it would be the equivalent of ringing you up for a pepperoni pizza and then realizing they didn't have any pepperoni so they have to substitute another ingredient. I do think people who bought the guild bases for base battles should get some form of compensation, but the question then becomes who to compensate. It's pretty rare when the leader pays for the entire thing themselves. Usually it was some kind of team effort, additionally many leaders have left and passed on the guild and their bases to others. This new leader may not deserve any compensation at all. Perhaps if they added something to the guild bases built before a certain date that made the item worth it. They could look inside core connect and see who was a member of the guild when the base was first purchased, and if you are on that list they could send you a million coins. Only guilds made before the announcement would qualify. Yes it doesn't cover the full costs since at most 200 people are in a guild, and guild bases are around 300 mil if recall correctly, but since there is not a way to destroy the bases completely this reduces to the costs to something more fair for the services that ARE provided by the base.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2011
    Well to be fair, sometimes the issues get forgotten about by Frankie since it seems like has so much on his plate. For example, he flat out admitted that he had completely forgotten about the DDOs compensation. This seems like one of those times, since Frankie said after seeing the thread he was going to send an email "right now," implying that China hadn't really told him officially it was cancelled yet and he had forgotten to ask. It happens to the best of us.

Completely agree that sometimes Frankie forgets, but the mods scan the forums daily for these kinds of things to remind Frankie about them. We represent the community's voice, even if we don't seem to, we are part of it first and foremost!

That said everyone needs to keep in mind Frankie doesn't sit in front of he forum and his job description is far greater than that. Since I talk to him on a daily basis, or at least try to, I can't even begin to tell you how busy he is with different projects relating to the community and how time consuming it might be. I'm glad we're here to get his attention from time to time b:victory
    edited August 2011
    Completely agree that sometimes Frankie forgets, but the mods scan the forums daily for these kinds of things to remind Frankie about them. We represent the community's voice, even if we don't seem to, we are part of it first and foremost!

That said everyone needs to keep in mind Frankie doesn't sit in front of he forum and his job description is far greater than that. Since I talk to him on a daily basis, or at least try to, I can't even begin to tell you how busy he is with different projects relating to the community and how time consuming it might be. I'm glad we're here to get his attention from time to time b:victory

Yep, I do appreciate the mods most of the time....I think a lot of people do. But if you try to give a mod snaps the trolls come out. And ofc, everytime a mod smiles a puppy dies. So, there is that also. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • chaoticshelly
    edited August 2011
    Yep, I do appreciate the mods most of the time....I think a lot of people do. But if you try to give a mod snaps the trolls come out. And ofc, everytime a mod smiles a puppy dies. So, there is that also. b:chuckle

I feel defiled. b:cry

Anyway, regarding the situation - I understand Tremblewith's point of view, but I don't see why anyone should be compensated or refunded. As you mentioned, and so have I in an earlier post, a lot of guilds teamed up and members contributed to getting a base. Some donated several millions, some none. How do you determine who gets what, and how much of it?

Ideally, there would be something more added to the bases, but that requires a few several months of coding - and then what? By that time, the wars could be here. And as I previously mentioned, since we aren't lacking flaws in the game, do we really want that extra something to the bases to be some flawed code that doesn't work (in the best case scenario) or causes issues to players (in its worse)?

I feel like everyone that has stated their opinions have a point to it. But it does feel like Tremblewith, despite Frankie's response (which is all he requested) is not satisfied. I'll admit I've not read the whole topic, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people, if any at all, want a compensation of some sorts, But Tremblewith decided for the community that that is what they need to get.

That is what I was referring to earlier when I said the forum community is a very small percentage of the actual player base, and even that community can't decide amongst themselves. So I feel it might be a good time that we put this into proportions - One cannot decide what the community wants. One can make a plead on what he wants for himself, and state the reasons why it would benefit those of the community that agree with it. I guarantee, many won't be happy with Tremblewith's suggestions, while some will - and while this is only natural, I personally feel that it might be a better idea to wait for the guild wars to be implanted in the game when the feature is truly ready.
    edited August 2011

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited August 2011
    Sorry about posting this late folks, I was sleeping. When I awoke, I had to turn in some work applications and had an interview.

No bubble burst, I assure you. In this thread there have been two replies from Frankie. The first was him acknowledging the issue, with a response "coming in the future" on the status of base wars as well as sending an e-mail to the developers in China. The second response was confirmation that base wars had been canceled and a "upcoming new feature" would be implemented in the client. If I wouldn't have created this thread, spammed tickets/PMs, and bumped the thread many times, the question you should ask yourself is, "What would the status of Base Wars be, if Tremblewith never created awareness and pushed the issue?". Without my thread, the e-mail wouldn't have been sent to China. Hypothetically, it could be sent at a later time, which means that one way or another -- the information would have been forwarded. Though, that falls under destiny -- no matter what one does, the outcome will always be the same in the end, eh? Even if Frankie lied about sending the e-mail in this thread at that time, and instead sent it previously... That would mean that his first post in this thread was false, as he wasn't sending an e-mail at that time, it had already been sent and he was already looking for answers and waiting a response before the thread was created. Though, if that's true -- is it a coincidence that it took 6+ months for an answer, and the threads asking for clarification, were ignored?

I know, this is deep. But alas, I'm proving a point.
    Players would deserve it but I doubt a refund will ever happen lol. If this new base instance content happens to be something lame like phoenix valley, I could see a lot of people getting mad and wanting that refund.

Based off all of the previous content released in this game, this new "special" base instance probably won't be much. I predict will players will be enraged and complain on the forum about how useless the new instance will probably be and someone will bring up this old guild base war thing.

I know this is being negative, but thats what happens when they don't release any real content ever. I don't really expect much from PW anymore. Back then, I use to think up all kinds of new dungeon and things they can put into the game, but this game is about 3 years old and there is yet to be an actual new dungeon that isn't reskinned or recycled. Not counting jungle ruins or wedding place cause those are not actually dungeons. Also NV and Warsong are recycled fb109 so still dont count.

Like I said in the last post I would love if this new instance will be some type of raid event for factions or something along those lines. Raids would be great thing to introduce into this game. Technically world bosses used to be raids but these days of 5 aps rank 9 +12 they can be solo 'd lol.

If PW could bring new actual dungeons and Raids I would actually starting playing this game again. But as it stand all this game about know is spamming frost and nirvana. Oh and complaining at all the problems there are

Agreed. More than likely, it's nothing at all related to Base Wars, otherwise the statement "Base Wars have been canceled", would be a lie. Unless, of course, they decide to change the name of Base wars, upgrade the system that was originally going to be implemented, and decide to put that in the client. One would ask themselves, "if this is the case, what would they name the "base wars"?"

@Tremble,

I don't think you can consider it a scam because scamming requires mens rea, which PWE certainly did not have. In your Pizza example, it would be the equivalent of ringing you up for a pepperoni pizza and then realizing they didn't have any pepperoni so they have to substitute another ingredient. I do think people who bought the guild bases for base battles should get some form of compensation, but the question then becomes who to compensate. It's pretty rare when the leader pays for the entire thing themselves. Usually it was some kind of team effort, additionally many leaders have left and passed on the guild and their bases to others. This new leader may not deserve any compensation at all. Perhaps if they added something to the guild bases built before a certain date that made the item worth it. They could look inside core connect and see who was a member of the guild when the base was first purchased, and if you are on that list they could send you a million coins. Only guilds made before the announcement would qualify. Yes it doesn't cover the full costs since at most 200 people are in a guild, and guild bases are around 300 mil if recall correctly, but since there is not a way to destroy the bases completely this reduces to the costs to something more fair for the services that ARE provided by the base.

Ya know, I agree quite a lot w/ your statements. Maybe calling it a scam is a bit "harsh". Though, as you stated the people who did fork over the cash, under the idea that they would get base wars, basically wasted there coin. 200m + materials + upgrade coin per pillar. If the person sent a ticket, would they receive compensation? Doubt it. The question arises, what would the compensation be, and what would they receive (as well as who would obtain it). Many hard questions to answer, really. But, in the end -- the players who spent the coin, should be refunded or compensated if they bought guild bases under the idea (thanks to PWI news posts), that there would be base wars.

I really do wanna say it's a scam. It's more of a "between the lines fib". The news posts by this company clearly stated that base wars would be w/ the expansion. People spent up to $350 real life cash to fully upgrade and create the base under the assumption that base wars were inside. In my mind, this is wrong. Perfect World Entertainment is in the wrong, and should figure out a refund/compensation for these players.

Woot, time for more thread sidetracking. This is my favorite part!

Then they should hire people who can do jobs, and not leave it on one person, who does all the work and does it sloppy? Seriously, don't gimme that "Frankie is a busy man, but he's great." speech. I've been around since nearly beta, and have seen two community managers work on these forums (Eatwithspoons and Frankieraye). I'm pretty confident that it's more than just "forgetting" about something. Either Frankie is so busy that he can't do what his job entails (managing the community?), or he's pure lazy. You could put anyone in the position of his job right now, and I guarantee they can manage a community better than he can. Look at the threads in General Discussion. Look at all the angry players!?! Look at how many people have quit due to lack of communication within' the game/forums. Ask anyone who is a veteran of the game in-game, and see what they have to say about the status/state of the game, and how people on PWE's end have been handling things. What they have to say, won't be pretty. Sorry.

Anyway, regarding the situation - I understand Tremblewith's point of view, but I don't see why anyone should be compensated or refunded. As you mentioned, and so have I in an earlier post, a lot of guilds teamed up and members contributed to getting a base. Some donated several millions, some none. How do you determine who gets what, and how much of it?

Ideally, there would be something more added to the bases, but that requires a few several months of coding - and then what? By that time, the wars could be here. And as I previously mentioned, since we aren't lacking flaws in the game, do we really want that extra something to the bases to be some flawed code that doesn't work (in the best case scenario) or causes issues to players (in its worse)?

I feel like everyone that has stated their opinions have a point to it. But it does feel like Tremblewith, despite Frankie's response (which is all he requested) is not satisfied. I'll admit I've not read the whole topic, but it doesn't seem like a lot of people, if any at all, want a compensation of some sorts, But Tremblewith decided for the community that that is what they need to get.

That is what I was referring to earlier when I said the forum community is a very small percentage of the actual player base, and even that community can't decide amongst themselves. So I feel it might be a good time that we put this into proportions - One cannot decide what the community wants. One can make a plead on what he wants for himself, and state the reasons why it would benefit those of the community that agree with it. I guarantee, many won't be happy with Tremblewith's suggestions, while some will - and while this is only natural, I personally feel that it might be a better idea to wait for the guild wars to be implanted in the game when the feature is truly ready.

I'm glad were on the same page.

First off... Yes, it would be hard to determine who should be getting the compensation/refunds. But hey, that ain't my job. PWE is the one who had there player base buy into bases under the false assumption that base wars would be inside. PWE should be the ones who get the compensation/refunds out to the players that deserve it. Again, I don't care the schematics on who/what gets it, as that's not my job. I don't get paid to think of ideas like that, nor am I the one who caused this.

Base wars were supposed to be here 6+ months ago. Do I want code that is broken/flawed? Uh, it was supposed to be inside the client 6 months ago, so in my opinion -- why would it be broken/flawed, if they have had over 6 months to push the content out and fix any potential bugs/problems? As for the "new content that may come for guild bases"; who stated it would be base wars, lol? It's most likely going to be some **** that no one wants/needs, and when that time comes, then what? Then I necro this thread so I can prove my point THEN? Lol, hell no. I'm proving my point now. Which is, players were told that base wars were in the expansion, along with guild bases. They purchased said bases, under the assumption base wars were inside. They were essentially lied to. While, no one directly said "Base wars will be inside, we promise. Hell, if there not inside we will give you your coin back!". However, it was clearly stated in the news posts that base wars were inside the bases, so players should be refunded/compensated for buying the bases under this false assumption. That's my point. I don't think I should have to wait until this new "feature" is out, to tell people "See, told ya so! Now give the players compensation". By then, it will be 7-10 months from now, which will be over a year after the EG expansion was released. I don't think I would even get listened to if I brought up an issue that was over a year old, lol. Look at packs. Someone says, take packs out of the Boutique -- and people laugh. They know it won't ever happen, until Perfect World Entertainment is shut down/closes there company, which might not be for quite a long time. Same w/ 5aps, and many bugs in the game.
    edited August 2011
    Apparently my ticket magically deleted itself, and kept just the forums link in the actual ticket. I have re-opened the ticket w/ a new response (very much like the old response). Only time will tell, what PWE believes it's players deserve in this matter.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Good luck on waiting. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
    edited August 2011
    Good luck on waiting. b:pleased

Thanks! :)
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The good news is that PWI still has a lot of dev support and a lot of new content coming out, and from what I've heard so far, Faction Bases will not be left out of those plans.

Can you just give that BS a rest? Seriously.

I have been playing this game since beta. And since then I have heard "we have a lot of new content on the way" ever since the game was first released.

And it almost never comes.

And when it does come, it's half-assed and completely mediocre.

For reference, see the last 2 expansions.

Nothing but 2 underwhelming classes, guild bases that weren't localized or finished, and.... wait that's it.

Year before that brought 1 mediocre instance, one PQ that's useless, and 2 horribly broken classes.

This game will never see any good content released. In the almost 3 years now that PWI has been out, other games have released 10x more content.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So here's the latest update on this matter:

According to China, the 40v40 faction base battle has been cancelled, and they have instead been working on a new "faction base instance" feature. The devs are being pretty quiet about it, but one thing we do know is that it will be at a larger-scale than the original 40v40 plan.

We'll have more information about this soon.

oh boy, can we spend more money on faction base 2.0 while they prepare to implement it, and then have it suspended so than the devs can work on more exciting content like recycling instances and calling it phoenix valley, and sky festival. and eventually told that faction base 2.0 has been cancelled because they are working on something even better.

just in case you are wondering, making a statement to your customers knowing that the making of such a statement will influence the way they spend money, those customers actually spending that money, and not getting what they are lead to believe they will be getting by virtue of those statements creates legal exposure. the company's actual intent whether or not to actually defraud their customers is irrelevant. the company has been unjustly enriched. apologies don't absolve liability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Retsuko - Heavens Tear
    Retsuko - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,016 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Do stockholders keep track of the development concerning customer satisfaction? I'm a total noob on that subject, just wondering if there could be any relations or whatever. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

playing Faction Wars Again.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    apologies don't absolve liability.

Apparently Community Managers aren't required to know the meaning of the terms liability & accountabilityb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Can you just give that BS a rest? Seriously.

I have been playing this game since beta. And since then I have heard "we have a lot of new content on the way" ever since the game was first released.

And it almost never comes.

And when it does come, it's half-assed and completely mediocre.

For reference, see the last 2 expansions.

Nothing but 2 underwhelming classes, guild bases that weren't localized or finished, and.... wait that's it.

Year before that brought 1 mediocre instance, one PQ that's useless, and 2 horribly broken classes.

This game will never see any good content released. In the almost 3 years now that PWI has been out, other games have released 10x more content.

Basically this x 1000.

Frankie aint kidding anyone no more with the "coming soon" or "we will xxx the devs", nothing ever happens, how is it that in 3 years of a game being here, we still havn't had any real major content updates, I don't call a newbie starting area a content update either, genies are just a...something, that interfeared more with PK and made it into an even bigger lol, (HF + bramble rage anyone?), PQ that isn't used, PV which is just so bad that you litrally should just aoe grind pirates or get an AoE squad on the PQ mobs in the pit, then there's nirvana which is just re-using fb109 demon, Warsong which is just re-using fb109 heaven, I think that's basically it, long story short, the only updates we gained was the broken fish class and then another un-needed race being the EG, thankfully they aint OP to the teeth like the fishys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
    edited August 2011
    Apparently Community Managers aren't required to know the meaning of the terms liability & accountabilityb:chuckle

of course not, frankie wouldnt be liable individually for what he does at the company's behest unless his individual acts were criminal, however the company is liable for what Frankie says when frankie's words are the words of the company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    While I agree that it was wrong of PWE to state that base wars were going to be in the bases upon the expansion's release (both morally and ethically), players of any of PWE's games "sign" the ToS by playing the game. That means, if PWE doesn't want to refund the players for this mishap, they simply won't. They own all legal rights. Technically speaking, anyways. If they say you get a Warsoul weapon by clicking a red button in the game, and all you have to do is drop 100k real life cash in the game... You click the red button, and you get a level 1 weapon... You won't necessarily get a refund or the weapon, if you send a ticket. Why? Because when you do anything in this game, your doing so under the ToS.

This is why Private servers for Perfect World are so popular. Better customer service. If they **** up, they say so -- often amending the mistake. If the player drops cash in their service (game), and it fails -- they give a refund or the item intended. Great GMs and customer support, both in-game and offline. That's why they are becoming more popular, day by day.

While this sucks, there is nothing the players can do. I however, am trying to at the very least get some support and responses via tickets. So, hopefully within' the next few days I'll have an answer to whether players can be refunded or not, due to PWE's faults.

For people that are wondering, I received a ticket response last night. My question was asking if the players could be refunded for PWE's "mistake". Here's what I was told:

"Thank you for your concerns. Unfortunately, the base war feature is currently unavailable at this time. There had been no transactions reverted for users who had previously obtained a faction base. However, we are aware of this situation and the user concerns for its availability. We'll be looking into a later patch to see if any features can be added in a future update."

They couldn't give me a yes or no answer. Instead, they wrote of this short reply basically stating that no refund will be given because in a future patch something instead of base wars will be implemented (as Frankie stated). Seeing as how it hasn't been implemented in PW-CN yet, or even brought up on the Chinese BBS (forums) for PW-CN, we won't see it for 7-10 months from now.

All I can say to the players of this game, is congrats on being scammed by Perfect World Entertainment. This thread is 100% proof. I won't dive into this much more from now on, however in the future I will surely keep up w/ this "new feature being possibly implemented" in the future. When the new feature comes out (if it even does), I'll link this thread and laugh at how PWE and PW-CN has failed to supply the players with what should have come over a year ago (will most likely be a year after the EG expansion has been released).

So there it is. PWE can burn in hell. b:victory
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    edited August 2011
    We'll be looking into a later patch to see if any features can be added in a future update.

wtf does that even mean lol
    They couldn't give me a yes or no answer. Instead, they wrote of this short reply basically stating that no refund will be given because in a future patch something instead of base wars will be implemented (as Frankie stated). Seeing as how it hasn't been implemented in PW-CN yet, or even brought up on the Chinese BBS (forums) for PW-CN, we won't see it for 7-10 months from now.

Well in 7-10 months a mmo called ~removed~ will be out or close to releasing so I probably wont even care

Oh isnt that funny, the name of the mmo is almost like the name of a feature pwi wont get lol
  • joecritter
    joecritter Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Honestly this is pretty appalling because my day job is that of a software developer and I could never EVER get away with what PWI just did.

If I promised software containing a feature, advertised it, sold it, accepted money for it, told the customers that "Oh yeah, it will be out soon", never delivered, and six months later told the people who paid for it that "It's been canceled"....I''d simply *have* to offer a refund.

I mean, to be blunt, if I didnt offer a refund, I'd expect to be sued for false advertising at the very least. I'd also expect to lose. I'd also expect to be hit with punitives unless I could prove I did not knowingly defraud my customers, and I'm not sure how I could do that given I sold a feature that I was fully aware didn't exist (the industry term for this is "vaporware").

In order to forestall this, I would certainly offer everyone who spent the money on the feature (the guild base) the option to get their coin and materials spent to date on it *back*, with a reasonable amount of interest.

Hell, this happened to the NFL at the Superbowl this past year. They sold seats that werent available. They offered triple the price paid back and people still weren't willing to accept the deal.

In exchange, the people would (happily I presume) would return the software (in this case, the guild bases that were bought would go away).

PWI should also offer every guild base owning faction the option to downgrade their monoliths with a refund of the coin and materials put into them, with the understanding they would be used for a corresponding upgrade of another base area.

That's the very least PWI should be doing. Seriously. I'm not a lawyer, but selling something and not delivering or offering a refund is the definition of fraud. PWI should make their customers whole or expect a world of hurt over this issue.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Do stockholders keep track of the development concerning customer satisfaction? I'm a total noob on that subject, just wondering if there could be any relations or whatever. b:surrender
    My advice is contact the board and find out.
    edited August 2011
    While I agree that it was wrong of PWE to state that base wars were going to be in the bases upon the expansion's release (both morally and ethically), players of any of PWE's games "sign" the ToS by playing the game. That means, if PWE doesn't want to refund the players for this mishap, they simply won't. They own all legal rights. Technically speaking, anyways. If they say you get a Warsoul weapon by clicking a red button in the game, and all you have to do is drop 100k real life cash in the game... You click the red button, and you get a level 1 weapon... You won't necessarily get a refund or the weapon, if you send a ticket. Why? Because when you do anything in this game, your doing so under the ToS.

not exactly, while the ToS may limit contract liability, it does not absolve them of liability in equity. Because quasi-contract is evaluated in terms of inducements provided by the party to be held liable and the detriment to the parties base on their reliance. the remedy a court of equity can provide is based on what the induced party lost, not because of any contract, but based on the actions of the party to be held liable. normally, equitable remedies are not money, because equitable remedies are usually the choice of action when a legal (monetary) remedy would be inadequate. such as an injunction to prevent or require something from taking place, quasi-contract is the exception to this general rule, and allows a court of equity to provide monetary relief as an equitable remedy.

any terms of a contract, would be non-determitive in an equitable action.

either way contracts are never absolute. read the back of a plane ticket or a baseball game ticket, or a concert ticket. it will undoubtedly contain an assumption of risk clause, whereby the plane, stadium or venue absolves itself of any liability of any accident or incident that causes injury to the ticket holder. just because they say they arent liable doesnt mean they arent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    not exactly, while the ToS may limit contract liability, it does not absolve them of liability in equity. Because quasi-contract is evaluated in terms of inducements provided by the party to be held liable and the detriment to the parties base on their reliance. the remedy a court of equity can provide is based on what the induced party lost, not because of any contract, but based on the actions of the party to be held liable. normally, equitable remedies are not money, because equitable remedies are usually the choice of action when a legal (monetary) remedy would be inadequate. such as an injunction to prevent or require something from taking place, quasi-contract is the exception to this general rule, and allows a court of equity to provide monetary relief as an equitable remedy.

any terms of a contract, would be non-determitive in an equitable action.

either way contracts are never absolute. read the back of a plane ticket or a baseball game ticket, or a concert ticket. it will undoubtedly contain an assumption of risk clause, whereby the plane, stadium or venue absolves itself of any liability of any accident or incident that causes injury to the ticket holder. just because they say they arent liable doesnt mean they arent.

Old news is old. I made that post six days ago. But, you are very correct. However, it would take a very upset player to take PWE to court, before they would see their money ever returned from this scam. By the time the settlement had been given, the person would have already spent more than what they spent on their guild base, to get a lawyer and take PWI to court. By that point and time, it would be based more upon morals and ethics VS the person wanting the money back.

As to the above poster, yes -- it was an amazing scam by PWE. It sucks, I know. Wish there was a way for PWE to stop being so damn stupid, but there isn't. They see every single player as walking dollar bills, just waiting to be harvested.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the guild wars 2 we all want will be coming, don't fret.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    the guild wars 2 we all want will be coming, don't fret.

Mhmm b:pleased
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
This discussion has been closed.