• XDracona - Heavens Tear
    XDracona - Heavens Tear Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    PM me too please.

I would like to know too b:thanks please PM meh
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Alright, a little update on this issue. I have received a response from my ticket about this issue. It stated that they will inform the community manager about the issue, and to wait for a response via my inbox on the forums, or a response in this thread. So, in lue of the issue... I have denied the ticket, w/ a response saying "I'll be waiting". Now, it's just a "bump the thread as many times as we can until we get a response" game.

I can play. I have all the time in the world.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Waiting for Frankie to answer anything is like inventing a Time Machine...it's probably never going to happen, and if it does, nobody would ever believe you.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Before I post, I want to redirect peeps to these threads:

My thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1057871
    Another thread by a player: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1132501

I decided to create a new thread to stop a potential necro from arising. Though, it would be a valid necro, since Frankie has told us he plans to find out/get updated info on this subject, and still hasn't.

I, as well as many players would like to know... What's the point of the Guild Bases (beside's buffs/apoth), if we won't ever have base wars? This was the top point besides the two new races in the EG expansion. How do the developers fail this bad? It's been like, what? 6+ months now, since the expansion? Only two threads about this subject, and both are open-ended with "clarification" coming in the future.

Frankie, when are we getting what was supposed to be here half a year ago?

Note: Bumping everyday until a response via CM/GM/Mod is given on behalf of this subject. I'll send Frankie a PM as well. Only way to get a response here is to harass peeps, so I'll gladly do that. ;)

Hey Tremble,

China was unable to give us an update on the feature back in April, so I've sent another email just now, and we'll see if we can shed more light on the situation.

In other news, the devs have been working on a lot of new content (we'll see if 40v40 is part of it), and while I cannot mention specifics right now, you all can expect an announcement in the near future.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey Tremble,

China was unable to give us an update on the feature back in April, so I've sent another email just now, and we'll see if we can shed more light on the situation.

In other news, the devs have been working on a lot of new content (we'll see if 40v40 is part of it), and while I cannot mention specifics right now, you all can expect an announcement in the near future.

"China ignored us like we ignore you"

*Placating nonsense*

Real info, please.
    edited August 2011
    Hey Tremble,

Yes, please shed more light on the situation. I'm glad we we're given a response, even under such circumstances. Sadly, this is a 6+ month old issue still being delt with. It's PW-CN's responsibility to give us the information we seek, and PWE's responsibility to give us updates on whats going on, as well as speak w/ the community. Both companies have failed. Shouldn't have to go to the lengths of online harassment (a crime -- punishable by USA law), just to receive a response on whether or not we have been lied too.

Again, I'm glad we have received a response. I'll bookmark this thread, and wait another month or two and create a 4th thread (linking all threads), and begin harassing again for another response.

Thanks,

Trem.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey Tremble,

So if Tremble never made this thread you would have never sent out another email? lol really. And what wrong with at least telling the freaking community a long time ago that china couldn't produce an update. You see, if you communicate with us it will get rid of all the countless threads asking whats going on. I can't believe how horrible your company is.

This is just unacceptable.

And your last stupid announcement was a stupid phoenix valley recycled instance thats totally useless. What new content thats coming will probably be some **** that does not for the game.
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I appreciate your response frankie. The problem is, we have been down this road before. PWE is aware of what the players of this game have been asking for. However, despite promises of new end game content, PWE just has not followed through. You personally assured us all that this was being taken into account with the Genesis expansion:

"PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff."

-frankieraye

source: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=933972&highlight=recent+General+Summer%27s+Sale

The Genesis expansion did not include the endgame PvE or PvP content. Neither were implemented. To make matters worse, it wasn't until months after the expansion was released that we were informed these promised guild base wars were not available. You can blame China and the devs all you want. It was PWE that made the empty promises to this community. It was PWE that refused to be forthcoming with information regarding this topic.

Good luck with that email you sent to the devs. "Let me assure you" that we will all still be here waiting for the response. ; )

b:bye
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I appreciate your response frankie. The problem is, we have been down this road before. PWE is aware of what the players of this game have been asking for. However, despite promises of new end game content, PWE just has not followed through. You personally assured us all that this was being taken into account with the Genesis expansion:

"PWI is evolving. We realize that one of the major complaints about the Rising Tide expansion was that we were too focused on creating the new races and classes, and didn't create enough new content for the existing high level players. Let me assure you that this has been taken into account with the upcoming Genesis expansion. We are bringing in tons of new content which includes new end-game features that involve more guild and TW related mechanisms, along with a ton of other stuff."

-frankieraye

source: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=933972&highlight=recent+General+Summer%27s+Sale

The Genesis expansion did not include the endgame PvE or PvP content. Neither were implemented. To make matters worse, it wasn't until months after the expansion was released that we were informed these promised guild base wars were not available. You can blame China and the devs all you want. It was PWE that made the empty promises to this community. It was PWE that refused to be forthcoming with information regarding this topic.

Good luck with that email you sent to the devs. "Let me assure you" that we will all still be here waiting for the response. ; )

b:bye

What u talking about? Genesis expansion had like 1 quest chain that gives like 30k exp. NEW CONTENT R FUN
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    "China ignored us like we ignore you"

*Placating nonsense*

Real info, please.
    So if Tremble never made this thread you would have never sent out another email? lol really. And what wrong with at least telling the freaking community a long time ago that china couldn't produce an update. You see, if you communicate with us it will get rid of all the countless threads asking whats going on. I can't believe how horrible your company is.

This is just unacceptable.

And your last stupid announcement was a stupid phoenix valley recycled instance thats totally useless. What new content thats coming will probably be some **** that does not for the game.

Childrens.

Childrens everywhere....
    I <3 AGOREY
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey Tremble,

Thanks for the update Frankie. This is what we like to see. Even the bringer of bad news is still bringing news, which is better than nothing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey Tremble,

Thanks for the reply frankie. Also please remember that we still consider this an open issue.

There will rightfully be more inquiries about this if we never hear something more definitive.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Hey Tremble,

"I cannot mention specifics ...."? Seriously why not? You might find we are actually interested to know whats coming up you know. Whats the big secret and what is the problem with telling us?
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    "I cannot mention specifics ...."? Seriously why not? You might find we are actually interested to know whats coming up you know. Whats the big secret and what is the problem with telling us?

What's the problem with telling you? Other than him (probably) being told not to, and the (probable) loss of his job if he does? Oh, nothing... nothing at all.

b:shutup

You guys have to remember, this is a business. Their product (for lack of a better word) is this game and all of its peripherals. If a company were planning to change a product, would they inform the community before the change is even ready to be made, or would they wait until they are ready to debut the change, and then hype it up? Competitors are everywhere, ready to snap up the tiniest tidbits of information so that they can release a better product than the original company's. This is probably the stance of the developers of Perfect World, so give the publishers here in the US a break.

Sheesh.b:surrender
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2011

People might find a glitch early on that leads to them making 9001 billion coin.

KrittyCat wrote: »

You guys have to remember, this is a business. Their product (for lack of a better word) is this game and all of its peripherals. If a company were planning to change a product, would they inform the community before the change is even ready to be made, or would they wait until they are ready to debut the change, and then hype it up?

Guild Base wars were hyped up. So by your logic, they've been ready for implement for months now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Guild Base wars were hyped up. So by your logic, they've been ready for implement for months now.

Yes, they were hyped up... which may have been, in fact, a mistake on the part of the devs. They probably had planned it for the Genesis release, then realized they weren't going to be ready. This led to them being hyped up and subsequently pushed out of the public eye.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    What's the problem with telling you? Other than him (probably) being told not to, and the (probable) loss of his job if he does? Oh, nothing... nothing at all.

You guys have to remember, this is a business. Their product (for lack of a better word) is this game and all of its peripherals. If a company were planning to change a product, would they inform the community before the change is even ready to be made, or would they wait until they are ready to debut the change, and then hype it up? Competitors are everywhere, ready to snap up the tiniest tidbits of information so that they can release a better product than the original company's. This is probably the stance of the developers of Perfect World, so give the publishers here in the US a break.

I dont appreciate the sarcasm thanks. And as to the bit about competitors, I dont believe it. You obviosly would know more about online gaming than I do - Im new to it and PWI is the only game I've played, but do a quick search on www.mmorpg.com and I would say, given the hundreds of online games current, in beta and under development, there are very few ideas that anyone plans on stealing from anyone - more like its very obvious whats possible, what players like and dont like and what generates real income for the companies, and the race is continually on to balance long term playability v profits.....

I was actually thinking, that, given the number of players who've apparantly quit, and the many that say they only log onto forums, that maybe some hint of what IS being developed might lure some people back to the game now, to be ready for that new content.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I highly doubt there are any competitors with PWI trying to 1up them, unless they're trying to make an even more mediocre product.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I highly doubt there are any competitors with PWI trying to 1up them, unless they're trying to make an even more mediocre product.

LOL, good one.

If they've got something big cooking the best thing they could do would be to announce it and build excitement. For me its too little too late, Im only here for a short while longer no matter what, but for others grasping for reasons to stay in this mess it might be the hope they are looking for.
    But judging by the way this company does everything else, I cant imagine they have much marketing sense either, so my bet is itll never happen, theyll just spring another useless PVP Chamber of Horrors for R9s to dominate till they get tired of beating on each other to no avail.
    edited August 2011

In all honesty, I didn't make this thread to know what is coming in the pipeline. I already know what PW-CN's developers are bringing to us in the near future:
    -Caster Nirvana instance
    -Fairy Box tweaks
    -Barb/Seeker increased aggro
    -RB instance tweaks
    -New mounts/all-class pets/flyers (probably Heavenrage packs and/or a new pack)
    -New fashion
    -Upgrade to Cloudcharger (new grade piece to be made)
    -Marriage upgrade of the instance + brand new "Chinese" Marriage instance
    -Random other small changes/tweaks

I'm not interested in knowing what's coming, because (clearly) I know what is ahead. I'm interested in why we don't have Base Wars yet, when will we have them, and why has there been a lack of communication and developing for this issue on both PWE and PW-CN's end.

You guys have kinda changed the subject of the thread.
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    In all honesty, I didn't make this thread to know what is coming in the pipeline. I already know what PW-CN's developers are bringing to us in the near future:
    -Caster Nirvana instance
    -Fairy Box tweaks
    -RB instance tweaks
    -New mounts/all-class pets/flyers (probably Heavenrage packs and/or a new pack)
    -New fashion
    -Upgrade to Cloudcharger (new grade piece to be made)
    -Marriage upgrade of the instance + brand new "Chinese" Marriage instance
    -Random other small changes/tweaks

I'm not interested in knowing what's coming, because (clearly) I know what is ahead. I'm interested in why we don't have Base Wars yet, when will we have them, and why has there been a lack of communication and developing for this issue on both PWE and PW-CN's end.

You guys have kinda changed the subject of the thread.

Thats all? ****, now I know Im definately not sticking around for that. If thats all there's still no real content to look forward to.
    edited August 2011
    Thats all? ****, now I know Im definately not sticking around for that. If thats all there's still no real content to look forward to.

Yes, that's all the content that have been developed on PW-CN in the last ~4-6 months. I'm surprised we haven't got any of it yet. Though, I'm expecting PWE will decide they want to give all the content out at once, in a ~400MB+ patch. Guess we'll see. But again, besides the point.
  • Alsiadorra - Sanctuary
    Alsiadorra - Sanctuary Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2011

All GMs have to adhere to a non-disclosure policy. They can only tell us what they are allowed to tell us.

Some MMO staffs have different "limits" to this policy, all aren't the same.
    We have this already. For example, battousai generates aggro now. But yeah it, you need REALLY strong threat level still for the aps people.
  • ShinSein - Harshlands
    ShinSein - Harshlands Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Just throwing some ideas around...but I think Cryptic Studios need to take over this game ijs lol
    [SIGPIC]http://i454.photobucket.com/albums/qq270/ZeroAngel08/Shinsein.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Thanks goes to Dorset!
    "The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

ShinSein - Harshlands (Alt/Main)
    Shinsetsu - Lothranis (French Main)
    +Bring sexy back - Complete b:victory
  • Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver
    Kuroi_Sin - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I miss spoons QQ He would be giving us feedback regularly, even if it's "China won't give information" or "My bosses won't let me tell you" <.<
    Seems I found another game where the forum actually asks for player input on wanted/needed improvements. The devs and gms actually give timely and useful replies to request for help and they actually use player ideas for creating events that are both fun and profitable for the players. They dont just run out the same damn situations with different mobs/bosses and the same **** drops.

The armors and weapons are all farmed and crafted in the game so everyone has the same chance to be as OP as the next guy if your willing to work for it, and it doesnt take years and billions of coin like here.

Wish I could mention the name and not get the post deleted but oh well you can't have everything. At least I can offer hope that there are games out there that aren't just uncaring money vaccums that hope you don't realize what a sucker you are till your nearly broke from trying to be OP. Luckily I didnt have to be nearly broke to figure out what a sucker Ive been here.

PM me the game, too, if you're still here. Or anyone he has PM'd pass it along :D
    Kuroi_Sin
    The Holy Black Assassin
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I miss spoons QQ He would be giving us feedback regularly, even if it's "China won't give information" or "My bosses won't let me tell you" <.<

PM me the game, too, if you're still here. Or anyone he has PM'd pass it along :D

Yeah, if someone could PM me the name too, I wouldn't mind giving yet another mmo a go, since pwi looks to be in death throes right now.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So here's the latest update on this matter:

According to China, the 40v40 faction base battle has been cancelled, and they have instead been working on a new "faction base instance" feature. The devs are being pretty quiet about it, but one thing we do know is that it will be at a larger-scale than the original 40v40 plan.

We'll have more information about this soon.
  • LilNai - Harshlands
    LilNai - Harshlands Posts: 481 Arc User
    edited August 2011

According to China, the 40v40 faction base battle has been cancelled, and they have instead been working on a new "faction base instance" feature. The devs are being pretty quiet about it, but one thing we do know is that it will be at a larger-scale than the original 40v40 plan.

Yeah, what little reputation you (company) had left just kissed you goodbye and went forever.

Thanks for all the lies and the extortionate base prices. We wuv ya for it.
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011

Um....wow....i face palm'd so hard i bruised my self, ow.
    In before the faction base instance is canceled and the devs start working on another quiet project no one ever actually sees finished. It would be nice to finish your content before working on new things =/
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited August 2011

I got a feeling the devs have no idea what is happening to this game and they don't have any idea what they're doing aswell.
This discussion has been closed.