Guild Base wars never coming?

Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
edited September 2011 in General Discussion
Before I post, I want to redirect peeps to these threads:

My thread: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1057871
Another thread by a player: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1132501

I decided to create a new thread to stop a potential necro from arising. Though, it would be a valid necro, since Frankie has told us he plans to find out/get updated info on this subject, and still hasn't.

I, as well as many players would like to know... What's the point of the Guild Bases (beside's buffs/apoth), if we won't ever have base wars? This was the top point besides the two new races in the EG expansion. How do the developers fail this bad? It's been like, what? 6+ months now, since the expansion? Only two threads about this subject, and both are open-ended with "clarification" coming in the future.

Frankie, when are we getting what was supposed to be here half a year ago?

Note: Bumping everyday until a response via CM/GM/Mod is given on behalf of this subject. I'll send Frankie a PM as well. Only way to get a response here is to harass peeps, so I'll gladly do that. ;)
Post edited by Tremblewith - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    goodluck harassing, maybe we'll get an answer this time.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    goodluck harassing, maybe we'll get an answer this time.

Thanks! :)

I won't stop this time, until we get one. Just PM'd Frankie. Hope he decides he wants to communicate with the community.
  • HeavensRage - Raging Tide
    HeavensRage - Raging Tide Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Tremble I know you're not this new here. You know the answer to your own question.

How do they fail this bad? Years of practice.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Why are your thread titles always so alarmist...anyway I agree I would like an official answer from Frankie about this and at least you're using your harassment for justice! b:chuckle It's odd that it was never implemented given all the hype it was given. Although, hopefully its' because they actually decided to listen to suggestions, like making it so that you can refuse to battle or something so people aren't losing their investments. Or all the complaints about the battle system were taken into account. Or maybe they were ironing out some bugs. Hopefully it's something legit like this instead of "we forgot" like the compensation from the DDOs. Which was supposed to be something besides just 2x, but then Frankie was like meh moar 2X!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Vorbane - Harshlands
    Vorbane - Harshlands Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    i remember seeing frankie post in a thread a while ago that they basically scrapped the idea and or its on the back burner. Cba to look for the thread.
    rank 9 - 19% farmed
    edited August 2011
    Tremble I know you're not this new here. You know the answer to your own question.

How do they fail this bad? Years of practice.

True, but I'd still like the Community Manager, to manage his community by following through with what was originally stated -- clarification.

Why are your thread titles always so alarmist...anyway I agree I would like an official answer from Frankie about this and at least you're using your harassment for justice! b:chuckle It's odd that it was never implemented given all the hype it was given. Although, hopefully its' because they actually decided to listen to suggestions, like making it so that you can refuse to battle or something so people aren't losing their investments. Or all the complaints about the battle system were taken into account. Or maybe they were ironing out some bugs. Hopefully it's something legit like this instead of "we forgot" like the compensation from the DDOs. Which was supposed to be something besides just 2x, but then Frankie was like meh moar 2X!

Generally, my thread titles are written in a way to grab the viewer's attention. More responses from eager readers, means the topic becomes of interest. :)
    i remember seeing frankie post in a thread a while ago that they basically scrapped the idea and or its on the back burner. Cba to look for the thread.

I think your referring to this post by Frankie in the 2nd thread I linked:
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=13900821&postcount=4

Frankie left it very open-ended. Many questions unanswered. Is it still in the works? If so, how long. If not, when will we see it? Why the massive delay? Why the lack of community responses from anyone but players and the occasional Mod?
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    How do the developers fail this bad?

They are the same devs who still have not fixed the monthly and yearly horse race events, 3 or 4 years after they have been disabled because of a bug/exploit....

Don't put your hopes too high for the guild base's battles.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
    edited August 2011
    They are the same devs who still have not fixed the monthly and yearly horse race events, 3 or 4 years after they have been disabled because of a bug/exploit....

Don't put your hopes too high for the guild base's battles.

Another valid point. :)
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is one of my biggest complaints with PWE, and the primary reason I cannot support the company or its games. False Advertisement.

I will take a moment to point out, that with all the "QQ threads" on these forums, it is difficult to determine which are legitimate, and which are pure nonsense spewed out by spoiled nerds.

This one - is LEGIT.

As pointed out earlier, the guild bases, specifically the 40 vs 40 PVP wars were the second most advertised feature of the Earth Guard expansion (Second only to the two new classes that were being released). This feature simply does not exist. Furthermore, it took the Community Manager MONTHS to finally come forward with an official response regarding the topic. This wasn't just inconsiderate. This was borderline extortion.

The ethics of a company that would knowingly allow people to charge zhen (spend real money) to obtain guild bases, with the intent of enjoying the advertised 40 vs 40 PVP wars, that they knew did not exist...

... is so sub-par it is shameful.

I've joined the bandwagons - I've poked fun at the bugs, glitches, and questionable sales, etc. These things are acceptable though, as they happen in the world of F2P MMO's. Advertising game features for months and never following through however, that is just a lousy company manipulating and taking advantage of people. Congrats to PWE for being so good at it.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    The current official status of this feature was that Frankie was going to send an email to the devs asking about it. This was a couple of months ago lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Frankie's still figuring out what their email address is. Rumor is he hasn't used it in a long time.
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is one of my biggest complaints with PWE, and the primary reason I cannot support the company or its games. False Advertisement.

I will take a moment to point out, that with all the "QQ threads" on these forums, it is difficult to determine which are legitimate, and which are pure nonsense spewed out by spoiled nerds.

This one - is LEGIT.

As pointed out earlier, the guild bases, specifically the 40 vs 40 PVP wars were the second most advertised feature of the Earth Guard expansion (Second only to the two new classes that were being released). This feature simply does not exist. Furthermore, it took the Community Manager MONTHS to finally come forward with an official response regarding the topic. This wasn't just inconsiderate. This was borderline extortion.

The ethics of a company that would knowingly allow people to charge zhen (spend real money) to obtain guild bases, with the intent of enjoying the advertised 40 vs 40 PVP wars, that they knew did not exist...

... is so sub-par it is shameful.

I've joined the bandwagons - I've poked fun at the bugs, glitches, and questionable sales, etc. These things are acceptable though, as they happen in the world of F2P MMO's. Advertising game features for months and never following through however, that is just a lousy company manipulating and taking advantage of people. Congrats to PWE for being so good at it.

This is nothing new, they did something similar with their other game Legend Of martial Arts. They completely abandoned the game without saying a word, but allowed people to still waste their money on the game. Go look on their forums and see. That game hasn't been updated since March and when players asked what was going on with it the only reply was to go play their new Ether Saga Odyssey game that was new at the time.

They also recently did this game with their game Heroes of the Three Kingdoms. The game has been abandoned for months with no word when players asked what was going on with the game. They don't say whats going on yet they still take players money.

Its so obvious that this company only cares about money and not the players. No maintenance yet they can put packs on sales forever and extend rank sale. I can't believe people actually give their money to these guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing that happened to Loma and Hotk happens here eventually.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Frankie's still figuring out what their email address is. Rumor is he hasn't used it in a long time.

Nah, he's used it. But he doesn't speak Chinese so he has to hire an outside firm to translate the correspondence into Cantonese. This usually takes a couple of weeks. Afterwards they forward his letter to China, but the people at PW Beijing don't speak Cantonese they speak mandarin. So they don't understand all of the slang terms he uses. So they have to hire an outside firm to retranslate it into their dialect. This usually takes two more weeks. After a month they have a reply, "we'll look into it," and they send it in mandarian. But the outside firm frankie hired only speaks cantonese so they in turn have to hire an additional outside firm to translate it into mandarian. This usually takes an additional two weeks. When frankie gets the reply, he refuses to open the email until they settle the bill because once again his outside firm hired an additional outside firm and he's ain't paying for that! They refuse and frankie takes them to court, as this is the American legal system this takes an additional two years in appeals. When he finally is able to read the email (with his lawyers present) he realizes it tells him nothing and starts the process over again. The good news is he finally got those npcs their makeoverrsss!!! /wildly false story

Nah, I don't think it's frankie. I think it's the devs. It seems like more content was planned but was never implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
    edited August 2011
    Everyone has brought up very good points so far. While I mostly agree with everyone, I still want a response from Frankie/a GM/a Mod. Though, a Mod would most likely have little to no insight on this subject either. I shouldn't have to send a ticket, but if we don't get a response in a few days, I'll also send a ticket and deny all responses, until a human-like person comes forward with the answers I seek/desire. :)
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    guild base is suck a big waist of resource...

don't you guys can see a scam when one is coming you way !

Oh according to the TOS they can do anything, so it's not a scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2011
    guild base is suck a big waist of resource...

don't you guys can see a scam when one is coming you way !

Oh according to the TOS they can do anything, so it's not a scam.

Of course. At the present time, the guild base serves at most as a place to get decent buffs/apoth. Various gear is completely overpriced beyond belief, the treaty/alliance thing is broken, bases stuck at specific level, and most of all... The intended function of the instance -- Base Wars; doesn't exist in the client.

Yes, it is a scam. Players we're told the costs to open a guild base. They opened 'em for 200m + various other resources under the premise of base wars either:
    -Working
    -Semi-working
    -Coming ASAP

Yet, 6+ months later... Still no word on when base wars are coming. I mean, seriously... It clearly stated that it was coming in the expansion, with everything else. It wasn't implemented, and we we're told it was being worked on. Then we we're told again, it was being worked on. Later, we we're told it's status is in hiatus and/or unknown, and might have a different route. Then no word...

It's a joke, at the least. How a company chooses to lie to it's player base is beyond me. The lack of communication and the false premise that had everyone purchase the guild bases to begin with, is blasphemy.

Then again, that's why there are players like myself. We may not be able to make a difference to a corrupt and greedy company, but we can sure stir up a lot of stuff and cause them to make up jokes/lies/responses to us. Which is what I am hoping for -- another response from Frankie on this subject. Which, like in the past... Will be "we're working on it.", or "let me check China devs responses and see...".
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    frankie replied twice to the thread under this one so hes obviously ignoring this
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    This is nothing new, they did something similar with their other game Legend Of martial Arts. They completely abandoned the game without saying a word, but allowed people to still waste their money on the game. Go look on their forums and see. That game hasn't been updated since March and when players asked what was going on with it the only reply was to go play their new Ether Saga Odyssey game that was new at the time.

They also recently did this game with their game Heroes of the Three Kingdoms. The game has been abandoned for months with no word when players asked what was going on with the game. They don't say whats going on yet they still take players money.

Its so obvious that this company only cares about money and not the players. No maintenance yet they can put packs on sales forever and extend rank sale. I can't believe people actually give their money to these guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing that happened to Loma and Hotk happens here eventually.

I must admit, I'm half expecting that one day the client just wont open and the company will have just closed it down in preference for something else. Ive been playing a couple years. The money I've spent has been well worth the entertainment value, but I aint spending anymore because so many things seem to be getting ignored by the devs.

I would love the devs to update their game. It could survive the tests of time and be so much better. Doing certain things would increase the player base 10 fold and result in more money for them, but I dont think they see it.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    frankie replied twice to the thread under this one so hes obviously ignoring this

...Or he's been told by his superiors not to answer it. You have to remember that he isn't the big boss over at PWE. He has people over him, and they limit a lot of what he can say here on the forums. This could be just another one of those things.

Also, he could just be waiting to get an answer back before he responds, because otherwise he'll just get chewed out by the community for saying that they're still looking into it. Maybe if half of this board didn't think the CM was out to get them, things could go a little smoother...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    ...Or he's been told by his superiors not to answer it. You have to remember that he isn't the big boss over at PWE. He has people over him, and they limit a lot of what he can say here on the forums. This could be just another one of those things.

Also, he could just be waiting to get an answer back before he responds, because otherwise he'll just get chewed out by the community for saying that they're still looking into it. Maybe if half of this board didn't think the CM was out to get them, things could go a little smoother...

I'd say those are the two most likely reasons why this question is being ignored but neither paints a pretty picture of PWE.

The first case of him ordered to ignore the topic shows a lot of disrespect to the community. It is a pretty blatant disregard of the community's concerns.

The second case of frankie simply waiting for a reply back from the devs just makes the company seem dysfunctional. Frankie replied almost two months ago that he was going to ask for a status update. Who takes two months to give you a status update by email? I can't think of any reason other than laziness or incompetence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    KrittyCat wrote: »

So either PWI simply choses to ignore theyr very INCOME (ok it's not franky, but he's still the face we see, and thus he is the person we complain to), or they are to stupid to awnser a simple question

And Kritty, what do you THINK people do with a comunity manager who only shows his face every couple of months to give a vague awnser like 'we'll look into it'. Did you really expect us to keep loving him and thinking he loves us back? Even if it's not his fault, he's still the face of the 'buisness' that people here don't like, because of the actions of said 'buisnes'
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Razorburn - Dreamweaver
    Razorburn - Dreamweaver Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Pretty much seems like fraud to me. It is even worse cause all the factions im in seem to think im obligated to help them level their useless base that I get nothing I want back from.
    The facts is that the 40v40 wars were stated to be implemented an were not. We was flat out lied to.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    All about pride and perfectionist. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Guild wars base is just there to take money off us i say.b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Guild wars base is just there to take money off us i say.b:thanks

Problem is they'd take alot more money if they were actually implented.

Can you imagene the charmrape when the top 40 members (all decked out rank9+12) of the top2 factions of a server clash tougether inside the base b:shocked
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Being a PvE guild, my guild specifically opted not to get a base because of these advertised wars, so I have lost nothing here. However, I am still on the side of the OP, because this was blatant false advertising. It is absolutely ridiculous that you would advertise that these wars are part of the base, then charge people 200 mil plus many more millions worth of mats, and then not give them what they spent the money to get in the first place. That is the equivalent of saying "charge 50 zen now and get this free mount!" and then when people charge the 50 zen, telling them that the mount giveaway has not been implemented and too bad for them.

At the very least, those that request it should be able to give up their base and get a full refund.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    GIMME BASE WARS!!!! b:angryb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    All that we've heard is frankie saying "I'll ask the devs"

That was about three months ago so the only logical explanation in this time we live in where sending a message to someone anywhere in the world takes under a few seconds is that frankie decided he want to personally ask what was going on with bases, so he rented a rowboat and is currently rowing across the pacific to china, where he will hike to the developer's office and ask.

There is no other logical explanation for why it takes 3 months to get a response other than people not doing their jobs.

And people wonder why I haven't spent a dime on PWI yet I've spent about $70 on LoL

Edit: And this is why whenever frankie makes a post that isn't related to guild bases the only proper response is "How goes the rowing? Have you seen Moby **** lately? Captain Ahab was looking for him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • HardToThink - Lost City
    HardToThink - Lost City Posts: 967 Arc User
    edited August 2011

That was about three months ago so the only logical explanation in this time we live in where sending a message to someone anywhere in the world takes under a few seconds is that frankie decided he want to personally ask what was going on with bases, so he rented a rowboat and is currently rowing across the pacific to china, where he will hike to the developer's office

I really love your posts b:chuckle
    Siggy from bellefleurs.
    [SIGPIC]http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/25yzm05jpg.png/[/SIGPIC]
    youtube.com/user/HardToYawn?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase
  • Dethprowl - Raging Tide
    Dethprowl - Raging Tide Posts: 411 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Its things like this that have me leaving the game. No communication with the devs, no news on fixes, no input allowed by players on wanted improvements.

I feel like a fool for ever spending money on this game. Hope PW enjoys what they got from me tho because this gravy train has left the station. No more cash while I tie up my loose ends here and soon Im gone all together.

Seems I found another game where the forum actually asks for player input on wanted/needed improvements. The devs and gms actually give timely and useful replies to request for help and they actually use player ideas for creating events that are both fun and profitable for the players. They dont just run out the same damn situations with different mobs/bosses and the same **** drops.

The armors and weapons are all farmed and crafted in the game so everyone has the same chance to be as OP as the next guy if your willing to work for it, and it doesnt take years and billions of coin like here.

Wish I could mention the name and not get the post deleted but oh well you can't have everything. At least I can offer hope that there are games out there that aren't just uncaring money vaccums that hope you don't realize what a sucker you are till your nearly broke from trying to be OP. Luckily I didnt have to be nearly broke to figure out what a sucker Ive been here.
This discussion has been closed.