Guild Base wars never coming?

1234568»

Comments

• bizmarkie
    bizmarkie Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Found this all very interesting as I was researching pros and cons to getting a guild base for new faction.Dumped the idea when i saw base could be destroyed because for obvious reasons it would be ...prolly within a week.Then I saw the threads concerning how base wars doesnt work.I thought well ok,maybe this is still a fun idea.Problem is,as all the threads state,the information blackout on whether and in what format base wars will be implemented makes my decision impossible.I dont want forced pvp for my faction.I dont want to spend a lot of money on something that will cease to be in a few days.Possibly,a base is simply not for our faction but who can say atm?
    The complaints about the parent company may be valid but they are hardly limitied to this particular one.Anyone having tried to deal with the ineptness of a Nexon product (read: maplestory) will know PWI functions so much better with limited interruption and a good deal of promotion for our enjoyment of the game.Yes,folks,it is a business.The primary goal is to make money.Its really obvious and if you dont like it well,noones making you buy anything here.Even the company itself.Other people will and the game will remain free for you.
    So faction base wars were a cart-before-the-horse fail.Annoying?yeah sure.But probably not a scam.Some things just stink unapologetically whether you think you desevre an explanation or not.Even on free products supplied by anonymous chinese companies.I'll find something else fun to do while waiting to see the outcome of any changes to the faction base system.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    bizmarkie wrote: »
    But probably not a scam.

If the players weren't scammed, what do you define as a "scam". Spend ~$300 on a video game feature that was supposed to exist but doesn't, and never will. How is that not a scam?
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    I have a feeling that this new instance will be a challenge inside guild bases, where wraiths will attack and your faction has to defend or something like that

Maybe faction members team up raid style to take out mobs and bosses.

I doubt this will be guild base wars, why would they cancel base wars only to just make it again. If that was the case then they wouldnt have just continuing working on it and reworking it.

Based on what frankie said I doubt they will be base wars. In my opinion, this game doesnt need base wars, because they have enabled people to buy power ie rank so if base wars ever came it would be just be pay to win anyway

I so called this lol and I was right. b:laugh Guess the wish of Guild Base wars can finally be laid to rest.
  • gyroki
    gyroki Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Guild base battles were a bad idea anyway. Who the hell would risk to lose an expensive base in a battle??? Using base for a new dungeon to obtain mats for recast r8/r9 is more clever (i might agree here with devs for first time). And force some kiddies to be more loyal to their faction is a nice idea too b:victory
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    One day past the non-necro rule, hence a necro.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.