bm class made weaker?

Options

Comments

• Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't even think our GMs know that this was in the patch
    I'm starting to doubt pwi's gms were even aware of this update when they put it up. They didn't add much into the patch notes like the dukes spamming until they noticed it and said they'll have a look at it for next update.

Sounds very likely right? duke shouting, tt time back to 4 hours... I'm sure theres moreb:sad
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Relying on glitches is not proper balance. Getting skills to behave correctly is the first step to really addressing class balance.

I have to disagree here; I'd consider that the second step. The gear differences should have been the first step as it is the main cause of imbalance in PvP. Everyone knows end game BMs already start out inherently underpowered because of Rank 9. BMs got **** on because everyone else can go Rank 9 without it affecting their DPS/DPH. BMs on the other hand using Rank 9 gear makes them lose too much interval to even consider getting it.

A nerf of cancel casting would have been fine for me if end game BMs didn't already start out inherently weaker from gear, and then need to rely on CC or else they consume 2 sparks to get an elemental buff whereas archers / barbs / sins don't.

Regardless of bugs, glitches, whatever you want to call it, end game BMs will never get the 60 attack level 20 attack level balance other classes can get without ruining their DPS.

Edit: As the CC nerf orinated from PW-CN, half my argument would not be valid there because only PWI has the mass rank 9 problem... I'm assuming in PW-CN without all the Rank 9 it may have been a justified nerf, but as for PWI BMs, no way in freaking hell is it a balancing move vs the one shotting rank 9s here. GFG PWI.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^ You can get a few R9 pieces w/o losing any APS/DPS/etc...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ohaider - Dreamweaver
    Ohaider - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I have to disagree here; I'd consider that the second step. The gear differences should have been the first step as it is the main cause of imbalance in PvP. Everyone knows end game BMs already start out inherently underpowered because of Rank 9. BMs got **** on because everyone else can go Rank 9 without it affecting their DPS/DPH. BMs on the other hand using Rank 9 gear makes them lose too much interval to even consider getting it.

A nerf of cancel casting would have been fine for me if end game BMs didn't already start out inherently weaker from gear, and then need to rely on CC or else they consume 2 sparks to get an elemental buff whereas archers / barbs / sins don't.

Regardless of bugs, glitches, whatever you want to call it, end game BMs will never get the 90 attack level 20 attack level balance other classes can get without ruining their DPS.

This. Buy hay guis....we could all go r9 for the spike damage against those arcanes? and just run from the other classes.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This. Buy hay guis....we could all go r9 for the spike damage against those arcanes? and just run from the other classes.

Yeah...ALL of us Arcanes are so OP. I mean hell we can farm anything with our 5.0 and pew-pew most Classes within seconds while semi-afk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ^ You can get a few R9 pieces w/o losing any APS...

I'm aware of that, but that is only partially true. I assume you're talking demon perma sparked APS with a -.10 weapon.

That isn't really realistic in PvP because BMs won't go around triple sparking in PvP, nor can they remain perma sparked. You still lose base aps (Ex: going down from 4aps to 3.33aps unsparked or in my case as I use a -.05 weapon down to 2.86), which is all a BM will really get in PvP.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You wouldn't need 3+ aps and some elemental damage if your weapons had +60 attack level bonus with R9. They should really just release R9 for every BM weapon. Maybe R9 claw/fist alone with +30 attack levels and non-R9 interval gear would be good enough, certainly 30 more attack levels is higher damage than what your DBB can add.

R9 for BMs was incomplete in the first place with only axes.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Almon - Lost City
    Almon - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    You wouldn't need 3+ aps and some elemental damage if your weapons had +60 attack level bonus with R9. They should really just release R9 for every BM weapon. Maybe R9 claw/fist alone with +30 attack levels and non-R9 interval gear would be good enough, certainly 30 more attack levels is higher damage than what your DBB can add.

It'll take more than that. A free fire dmg buff would be nice zzzz
    The skill was used for more than just extra dmg ._.
    Sad enough to say, alone we can barely light a match, but together we can burn this place down
  • Ohaider - Dreamweaver
    Ohaider - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Forgive me if im wrong I dont claim to be a expert at math by far. Woulnd't taking us down to 3/aps with +30 attack lvls still be less damage with 5/aps with no attack lvl bonus?
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not having DBB available because of this change is understandable because of the cost in sparks, but it's not like you can't use Heel during your stun...
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Not having DBB available because of this change is understandable because of the cost in sparks, but it's not like you can't use Heel during your stun...

Not worth it.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also, Josh, do you understand how a F2P game operates? I'm not asking in a condescending way I'm actually curious if you know the methodology PW has behind every decision they make.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also, does Heel really take 3.33 to 5?
  • Pytharia - Lost City
    Pytharia - Lost City Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also, does Heel really take 3.33 to 5?

it takes 3.33 to 4 and 4 to 5
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also, Josh, do you understand how a F2P game operates? I'm not asking in a condescending way I'm actually curious if you know the methodology PW has behind every decision they make.

Most set up a game and make certain items availible only via cash shop, for example my new game has smexy undies as a CS only item for your toon (it gets stripped as things nuke it, and stop looking at me like that >.>)

PWI just puts w/e is most demanded in game in CS then screws with things in game to force people to reroll/regear over and over. Kinda asumeing this is an intentional gimp on bm's to force rank 9/reroll tbh. Would like to hear w/e half assed excuse the gm's give though.

In short everything is done to create imbalance forceign players to spend. I could be massivly wrong here but that would be my opinion.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Forgive me if im wrong I dont claim to be a expert at math by far. Woulnd't taking us down to 3/aps with +30 attack lvls still be less damage with 5/aps with no attack lvl bonus?

It would still deal less, still with the higher base damage on g 16 fist/claws and w/e ungodly proc they give it (probobly GoF like every other rank 9 mele weapon, real creative there PW staff) the damage would come out around waht a full CCed bm would have pre nerf.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Most set up a game and make certain items availible only via cash shop, for example my new game has smexy undies as a CS only item for your toon (it gets stripped as things nuke it, and stop looking at me like that >.>)

PWI just puts w/e is most demanded in game in CS then screws with things in game to force people to reroll/regear over and over. Kinda asumeing this is an intentional gimp on bm's to force rank 9/reroll tbh. Would like to hear w/e half assed excuse the gm's give though.

In short everything is done to create imbalance forceign players to spend. I could be massivly wrong here but that would be my opinion.

wtf game is this? send me a pm about it lol sounds ..... interesting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wtf game is this? send me a pm about it lol sounds ..... interesting.

Go poke the bm forums i have a thread up about where we're all going lol.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Go poke the bm forums i have a thread up about where we're all going lol.

link? there is a thread talking about a bunch of different games but i cant tell which one your talking about lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    link? there is a thread talking about a bunch of different games but i cant tell which one your talking about lol.

Vindictus

Think MMO + legend of zelda

Shooting bosses with a hookshot = win

Just hit 40 on my Evie and mobs are now useing enviormental objects and offhand weapons o.o just had a Yeti throw a grenade at me <3
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    Siege - Dreamweaver Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Vindictus

Think MMO + legend of zelda

Shooting bosses with a hookshot = win

It is one hell of a game, started a month or so ago and yes hookshots are win lol. The game gets even better at 40, trust me. Not going to reveal why due to it spoiling part of the story of the game.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    It is one hell of a game, started a month or so ago and yes hookshots are win lol. The game gets even better at 40, trust me. Not going to reveal why due to it spoiling part of the story of the game.

Please dont lol, Seeing Elis get brutaly murderd by Kalis was just the best thing ever in an mmo.

NPC picked up and slowly beaten to death against an iron gate because you sent him into a war zone = sadistic grin (43 now what server are you on?)
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Please dont lol, Seeing Elis get brutaly murderd by Kalis was just the best thing ever in an mmo.

NPC picked up and slowly beaten to death against an iron gate because you sent him into a war zone = sadistic grin

Haha I felt so bad when that happened. b:cry
    <3 Tapout <3
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Haha I felt so bad when that happened. b:cry

your a bad person

Also the fact that PWE is loseing players to the company that made maple story? priceless
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm 52 on east server and yes it was entertaining but sad at the same time D: I'm a hybrid of sword/spear Lann, sword being my favorite so far though.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm 52 on east server and yes it was entertaining but sad at the same time D: I'm a hybrid of sword/spear Lann, sword being my favorite so far though.

Ah poke me next time your on, pure cloth armor staff Evie Named Feltalio (they wouldent let me spell it right Q.Q)
  • Siege - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Will do, not sure if I'm gonna stay Lann once Karok comes out on the 15th though, his intro video was just bad ***. Also leveling a scythe Evie xD I'm in love with their blink skill. b:surrender
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Will do, not sure if I'm gonna stay Lann once Karok comes out on the 15th though, his intro video was just bad ***. Also leveling a scythe Evie xD I'm in love with their blink skill. b:surrender

I'm wonderign if he'll be able to grapple the superlarge raid bosses as well. I mean it takes multiple chain hooks to down em would be kinda OP if he could throw white tyrant around like a rag doll.
  • fred12121
    fred12121 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i see bms quit/reroll now = more ppl making fishs because they dont have balls to make other class that compete in pvp
    rename PWI to aquarium online
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I might go start playing Silkroad nao
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...