Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• Kali - Raging Tide
    Kali - Raging Tide Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Big *** you for you b:angry Thats all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mistolepet - Raging Tide
    Mistolepet - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

why don't you answer the real question... instead of pick and easy to solve with an answer that isn't really an answer. Why don't you answer why the exploit wasn't fixed instead of removing the medals from the system....?

You conveniently remove it from the system, not even mentioning that the exploit will be fixed and then the medals returned to the system, because even you know that would never ever happen... fix an exploit + pwi... error.

Any answer... today... tommorow.. ever... probably not, just that players that haven't yet figured out that pwi sits on it's butt all day and never fixes anything will figure it out now.

Been playing for a long time now and I never charged zhen, and tbh frankie pwi never even gave me a reason to charge it.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    LOL.

I totally called this in an old thread a few months back. Just suprised that it took them less than a year to do it. :o
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wow... **** you PWI, you really could have handled this ALOT better, the devs do seem to act like a bunch of teenagers when it comes to the community making the most of "glitches" in their "perfect world"

What the **** does it matter if medals were able to be made tradable? People could just buy DQ mats from catshops to get the medals anyway, THERE IS NO REASONABLE LOGIC TO THIS OTHER THAN TO **** ME OVER.

**** you.

THE only reason they were removed was because modest hard working players that could only spend less then 50 bucks a month on a game. The scumbags were making a few extra coins to supliement there in game income.

Filthy Poor people had to go and ruin this game by trying to make a few coins and live beyond there position in the pwi society.

poor people why dont you go back to the dredges of H.ell where you belong. We can't be bothered by your trivial donations.

<get the sarcasm>
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

1: Medal of Glory removed

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

2: Chest of Coins added to DQ Vendor List

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

So that's about it; feel free to post your thoughts on these. I'd also like to mention that we will be adding new items to the DQ rewards list in the near future.

just please, give us another way to get the medals then, put them back in boutique, or remove the option that makes em tradable and get em back in dq rewards. the only way to get em atm is from the random weekly faction reward, that will get them very expensive. not fairb:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Tryagain - Harshlands
    Tryagain - Harshlands Posts: 716 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

Ah, the Chest of Coins. This item, as you may know, has had very little value for the past 18 months or so, due to the fact that the coins inside aren't worth the hammer it takes to open it. So we've added them to the Vendor List in an effort to give some value back to it, maybe get a few people back in the Cube of Fate :)

Can you explain? I can't find how to open chests anywhere...or are you saying you can sell the chest of coins to an NPC for 10 DQ points or something ridiculous.

nevermind I Found it...500 points, wonderful. Yes we all want to farm DQ points now that there is nothing useful available to buy.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    far as i'm conserned only way to fix this mess is to turn triple drop on forever to balance the poor people market with the rich people market. The economy is endgame now and at currant face value dq's are not consistant with inflation.

There is no reason a new player should even attempt to try and play this game. its broke.

dq's were based on the fact that gold was 100k, now that it's 1m gold dq's face value is still the same. making the game unplayable for poor people <not free people>poor people add to your overall bottom line to whither you wanna admit it or not.
  • RedBetty - Harshlands
    RedBetty - Harshlands Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    hi, this is a free player from harshlands server.
    -i currently have a few hundred thousand DQ points waiting, i recently spend about 50 million to buy DQ overpriced from players just to craft 19 medals the day my psychic would hit lvl 101.
    -i have 125.000 mysterious chips packs (stacks of 15) on my bank, waiting for the day you guys implement the PROMISED "stack-of-100-chipspacks" trade npc.

so what happened?
    you guys turned my DQ points into uselessness!
    you guys just changed NEW SALES to make chicps stackable tradeable INSTEAD of adding quests for 15er-packsim still sitting on my chiops, are u guys going to work on that or am i forced to use automatic tools?
    you guys totally removed medals and now ppl sell them for how much? i didnt even login but im sure those who have medals are the richest ppl on the server soon. good way to avoid "abusing". i can remember a thread where Franky said that it is allowerd to make them tradeable. SO WHY, after a bunch of elite r9 on every server, are u making it totally impossible to archieve rank 9 now?

WORST UPDATE EVER

i feel cheated.
    you dont care.
    good thing they keep charing zhen, right? who cares about those rare f2players.
  • EdenZemira - Heavens Tear
    EdenZemira - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Puting rank+ chips in boutique and remove medals from dq rewards just because like a lots of ppl said, you fail at fixing a simple bug. You know what ur doing GMs ? treating all of us like tards. You never cared about anything concerning the economy or whatever, you lying for real. You know that you will soon pay hard for it when TERA will comes soon?

Selling the half and remove the other of what we need to get the rank9, how STUPID you are to think in that way.

Think about it. REALLY SERIOUSLY.

MMO TERA incoming, remember it. im curious what ur going to do to keep ur players.

GL btw
  • no14
    no14 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    By removing the Medals of Glory from DQ reward you just caused the price for the existing Medals to SKY ROCKET in price!!! SO AGAIN< instead of fixing the problem at hand to even out the economy and allow people that have real lives to have access to a way to get the IMPOSSIBLE to achieve gear in the game . . . you people have decided **** the average person we will let the exploiters PROFIT MORE BY THEIR UNDERHANDED DEALING!?!? Thank you so much for your attention to addressing on going problems . . . we appreciate no longer being able to fight HH bosses or when we can getting all those OH SO USEFUL OHT MATS!!!! Dear lord can you give me more Leaves of unicorn Forest? Who the hell needs HH Mats off an HH boss?! I want more BIG LUMISTONES!!!! yeah all you did with that is profit the people that were exploiting the game and made it impossible for honest people to achieve the level of gear exploiters already have . . . I love wasting subs to get absolutely NO MATS!
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Puting rank+ chips in boutique and remove medals from dq rewards just because like a lots of ppl said, you fail at fixing a simple bug. You know what ur doing GMs ? treating all of us like tards. You never cared about anything concerning the economy or whatever, you lying for real. You know that you will soon pay hard for it when TERA will comes soon?

Selling the half and remove the other of what we need to get the rank9, how STUPID you are to think in that way.

Think about it. REALLY SERIOUSLY.

MMO TERA incoming, remember it. im curious what ur going to do to keep ur players.

GL btw

Tera? mhm sounds good , cant w8, b:bye pwi
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Dezto - Harshlands
    Dezto - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

All items obtained to the DQ system were meant to be bound to your character; this was done to minimize their influence on the in-game economies. Unfortunately, due to an exploit that allowed players to turn untradeable Medals into tradeable Medals, we had to remove them from the DQ Rewards list.

Also, we would liked to have given more notice before removing them, but the last thing we wanted was a huge run on Medals, thus causing even more damage via the exploit, so I am sorry that it had to happen suddenly like this.

Hang on, just a second.

You are claiming that the exploiting is actually influencing the in-game economics? I hate to brake it to you, but you could buy DQ -> make a Medal of Glory.

That is just about the same as buying the Medal of Glory from a cat-shop, someone might gain a few coins buying DQ and then selling the Medal of Glory but I find it highly unlikely that it is influencing the in-game economics sooo much that you had to remove it.

Huge run on Medals? How about huge runs of DQs? If you take a step back then you will see that DQs and Medals are the one and the same, DQs are just a means to an end.

This is a failed attempt with a made up excuse to remove the Medals of Glory just so you can add them to the boutique in the next few weeks.

Shame on you PWI, shame on you. . . you greedy little ****.
  • Lana - Raging Tide
    Lana - Raging Tide Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    no14 wrote: »
    ...let the exploiters PROFIT MORE ...

QFT. This should be fixed ASAP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Epros - Raging Tide
    Epros - Raging Tide Posts: 1,720 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    unless medals of glory are back in DQ rewards by next patch, im having my bank reverse all charges made to PWE and ill go play a subscription based game where they care about their players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Graey_Rain - Harshlands
    Graey_Rain - Harshlands Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    unless medals of glory are back in DQ rewards by next patch, im having my bank reverse all charges made to PWE and ill go play a subscription based game where they care about their players.

Same.
    Everyone inundate them with tickets saying you'll have your bank reverse all charges made to pwi unless they fix this. GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!
  • Kinir - Lost City
    Kinir - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Guys it's ok they added another way to get chest of coins. That fixes it right? Hello? Where did everyone go?
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1. Chest of coins: Are not a CoF rewards anymore, you just can get the from the Delta stages rewards.

2. Medals of Glory: Are going to be really really Overpriced after this update because just the ones from TW are in-game or the ones from shop coulnd't sell before.
    Suggestion: Add the Medal on Event boutique to be able to get 2 medals from those 50event gold. A new quest from the General Summer to be able to get those medals.

If this bug is not fixed this is going to happen again once you release another Medals from whatever you want to reward it or buy, so Gm's has 2 options:

- Fix the bug..............I doubt it.
    - Made them all untradeable.
    - Mede it Unstackable

3. DQ Points via Pay 100k: I'm not going to pay 100k for just 150DQ points when I can farm those from like 6 DQ items at lv90+ easy to get during a normal lv100 bh and i'm getting coins from the npc on selling they. Someone with more than a brain cell will do not buy it aswell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options

3: Addition of coin turn-in quest at Jolly Old Jones for 150 DQ points

Intended to be a new way for players to participate in the DQ system, we've created a quest for players to get DQ points, and if it's popular we may look into adding more quests to the DQ list...

2: So, does that mean you're going to put it back into the Cube of Fate rewards?

3: 100k for 150 DQ Points? No thank you. If people are smart, they'd just go farm 5, just 5 9x+ DQ items [30/35 DQ Points] and get 150+ DQ Points and npc for coins.

As I read earlier in this thread, you can make Medal of Glory unstackable, which would prevent the exploit...right?
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Yeah, those bad people exploiting the flaw you allowed in the game (how the hell did that happen anyways?! it doesn't work with any other untradable item does it??) are now making 2-5x more coin off the medals if people buy them.

The problem is you put this relatively cheap method of getting the medals in the game, X amount of people got their R9 gear immediately...everyone else needed time to farm DQ points. By the time we can get any pieces, and I'm sure some were waiting for the rep+chip sale to cash in for their medals...you take that easy method away.

If it had never existed then it wouldn't be as big a deal. But now there is an even bigger gap between players. It is still very early now at their offices, no one will be into work for a few hours I'm sure. But hopefully once you get in and look at this thread...you will see what a mistake you made.

EDIT: Why don't you make them all untradable and **** over the people who were exploiting the glitch instead of the rest of us??
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hang on, just a second.

You are claiming that the exploiting is actually influencing the in-game economics? I hate to brake it to you, but you could buy DQ -> make a Medal of Glory.

That is just about the same as buying the Medal of Glory from a cat-shop, someone might gain a few coins buying DQ and then selling the Medal of Glory but I find it highly unlikely that it is influencing the in-game economics sooo much that you had to remove it.

Huge run on Medals? How about huge runs of DQs? If you take a step back then you will see that DQs and Medals are the one and the same, DQs are just a means to an end.

This is a failed attempt with a made up excuse to remove the Medals of Glory just so you can add them to the boutique in the next few weeks.

Shame on you PWI, shame on you. . . you greedy little ****.

/signed
    In-game economies... Yeah, right.....
    Expencive GM golf lessions is a more likely explanation
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

yeah, because the highest-end gear in the game should be EASY to get, amirite?

how about you put full r8 in the NPC vendors' inventories too, to make that a bit easier to get, while you're at it? reputation for a coin a point, would be my suggestion. unless that'd be too HARD a goal for a level-100 to work towards, perhaps?

(am i using enough sarcasm? no. this is the internet; no amount of sarcasm is ever sufficient to make it clear one is, in fact, using sarcasm online.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options

Nice sense the only players that have them were the supposed cause of this problem.

gimmie a freaking break
  • Kinir - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Same.
    Everyone inundate them with tickets saying you'll have your bank reverse all charges made to pwi unless they fix this. GOGOGOGOGOGOGO!
    /signed
    In-game economies... Yeah, right.....
    Expencive GM golf lessions is a more likely explanation

Golf good idea I'll go do that today instead of playing. To Agusta and get a round in before the Masters tomorrow. Oh and PWI I only teach people who can understand what their actions cause BEFORE they perform said actions b:bye
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What has sealed the deal for me to move on to another game is the admins complete and total lack of sympathy and communication about our concerns about the issue. and the state of the game.

2.5 years I will be moving on there has to be some thing out there more worth while. if not Hell at this point I would prefer to go chop tree's in *********.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    What has sealed the deal for me to move on to another game is the admins complete and total lack of sympathy and communication about our concerns about the issue. and the state of the game.

2.5 years I will be moving on there has to be some thing out there more worth while. if not Hell at this point I would prefer to go chop tree's in *********.

bstrds cenorsored me hurry read quick R.unescape
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You can see here on the DQ Rewards page, in the new Quest tab, it's going to be 100,000 coins for 150 DQ points.

the fact that this implements an in-game price cap on DQ items is purely coincidental, i'm sure. one DQ point now being worth ~667 coins, that makes the highest-end DQ items worth 23,333 coin, and the chest of coins is now worth 333,333 coins. ah well, at least this price cap appears to have been set above current going market prices; i suppose that's something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That is realy really pathetic if there sensoring other games .. there scared very scare cuz they know we have had enough of there ****.
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    the fact that this implements an in-game price cap on DQ items is purely coincidental, i'm sure. one DQ point now being worth ~667 coins, that makes the highest-end DQ items worth 23,333 coin, and the chest of coins is now worth 333,333 coins. ah well, at least this price cap appears to have been set above current going market prices; i suppose that's something.

point is there is no longer anything anybody wants in there. so DQ's are only worth what the npc is willing to give you.

Nobody is gonna buy DQ over market value for a bloody pet egg.
  • Kinir - Lost City
    edited April 2011
    Options
    That is realy really pathetic if there sensoring other games .. there scared very scare cuz they know we have had enough of there ****.

It's always been that way. For someone who has been around for 2 1/2 years you sure are dumb. If you want to quit do so noone cares go live life and be productive. Now tee time in an hour so I have to get ready. I'll tell internet people they are dumb later. Lets hope I can shoot at least 3 under today (I wish).
  • Linchen - Sanctuary
    Linchen - Sanctuary Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Hey all, as you may have noticed, we've made some changes to the DQ system, and I wanted to go through them with you.

well obviously u r able to avoid this exploid on other items, so why just fix it?
    e.g. untradable tiekungstones from event boutique r not stackable on tradable tiekung stones from zen-boutique.

-the only possible reason...medals go back into boutique and devs wanna earn zen.
    so its just a lie in our face that its removed coz of an easy fixable bug.

btw Franky u should close this topic its obviously only QQ :D
This discussion has been closed.