Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Options

Comments

• cocoloco66
    cocoloco66 Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    OMG b:cry i collected so long time DQ Items for my r9!
    Im non Cash and all my work was for free.... I think its realy unfair for people who trying to get that items without money...

I know this server live off the money but if we (non casher) leave the server
    because we cant do anythink without rl money our friends (cashshopper) leave with us...

I cant understand it realy... It was a nice chance get the medals

Sry for my panic... but realy idk what to do now b:surrender
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    500 points :P OMG I knew saving them was gonna pay off one day. Still 500 I think is a bit low considering the lost of the medal. Bye bye R9 dream.

Honest player always have to pay the price for the bad players. You should investigate how player got there R9 and if you can prove they cheated, remove there items.

I hope the Games is going to gives us an other chance to get the medal other then the Boutique. Why not make it a gift items vs perfect token of luck. The medal was 25$ back at x-mas, I say 5 to 7 P tok, should cover the cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    1.4gig till my new game done downloading b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    i never knew about any glitch, never worried about how i will get the medals tho, cuz i tought they wont be that unfair to delete them from there. now the actual rank9 players r gods, while the others see their lil in-game dream breaking since the price for geting r9 doubled with medals over 30mil each. get em back guys...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Nospheratu - Harshlands
    Nospheratu - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You realize this will make you lose money right? You put on the rep sale but there is now no way to obtain medals. Who is gonna cash shop rank 9 now? NO ONE

You also screwed over all non-cash shoppers and they will probably quit. Putting medals in the dqrewards was an amazing thing you did for the game. People actually started grinding again. This brought world PvP back to the game.

You guys also may not realize this but non-cashshoppers are important to the community too. I don't know many people who want to play a game that only has a handful of people left all of whom cash shopped rank9 +10 fullset. Even those people will quit eventually.

Having the medals available in the player market also made rank9 more accessible to CASHSHOPPERS. I know many people who were planning on getting rank9 for alts or finishing their rank9 set but you guys have made it an impossible fantasy. They were willing to spend money on you guys but now that its going to cost so much more or won't even be possible due to lack of medals they won't. Also rank9 doesn't mean jack without refines and gems. They would have cash shopped that too. But now that rank9 is impossible to get they have nothing to refine, nothing to shard.

Please put the medals back in the dqrewards list.... tradeable or untradeable and please do it soon before the damage you've done to your game is irrepairable.
  • JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver
    JugalateJudy - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You realize this will make you lose money right? You put on the rep sale but there is now no way to obtain medals. Who is gonna cash shop rank 9 now? NO ONE

You also screwed over all none cash shoppers and they will probably quit. Putting medals in the dqrewards was an amazing thing you did for the game. People actually started grinding again. This brought world PvP back to the game.

You guys also may not realize this but non-cashshoppers are important to the community too. I don't know many people who want to play a game that only has a handful of people left all of whom cash shopped rank9 +10 fullset. Even those people will quit eventually.

Having the medals available in the player market also made rank9 more accessible to CASHSHOPPERS. I know many people who were planning on getting rank9 for alts or finishing their rank9 set but you guys have made it an impossible fantasy. They were willing to spend money on you guys but now that its going to cost so much more or won't even be possible due to lack of medals they won't. Also rank9 doesn't mean jack without refines and gems. They would have cash shopped that too. But now that rank9 is impossible to get they have nothing to refine, nothing to shard.

Please put the medals back in the dqrewards list.... tradeable or untradeable and please do it soon before the damage you've done to your game is irrepairable.

a big AGREE with what nesp said. u guys screwed up very bad, fix it be4 alof of ppl will quit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    English is not my native language. Deal with it.
  • Swe_fredde - Heavens Tear
    Swe_fredde - Heavens Tear Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Can i get a job at pwi? i like to **** ppl off and i also like how you guys feel u don't have to respond in the tread to the players, seems like i would fit in ur crew =]
    Everything that is funny is addictive,Gives u Cancer,Makes you fat,Kill your brain-cells, get you in trouble with the police, or gives unwanted babies or std's!

- Proud mentally **** monkey in a pair of worn clogs made of dried peoples ****
  • StormDragoon - Sanctuary
    StormDragoon - Sanctuary Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So i heard the DQ page was down and i was kind of happy thinking maybe they would do something. And it's just the redeeming that is down -.-...

As I was saving for belt, my next big step on r9...
  • Vaktoth - Sanctuary
    Vaktoth - Sanctuary Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    The last time I checked some items did the same thing but weren't all tradeable, namely makeover scrolls, hyper stones, some charms, all that good stuff, and a good number of them were already on the DQ list and have tradeable counterparts. Why didn't you (devs) just replace the medals with something similar: a item that serves the purpose of the medals and isn't tradeable?

Like a similar level darkness stamp? Medals were the ones that gave rep, right?
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Grinding DQ81/91 was one of the few ways non-aps classes could make decent money in-game. By removing Medals PWI also removed the only reason for people to buy DQs which means casters cant make coins from grinding anymore.

People also spent months grinding for DQ-points to get their R9 gear and if they didn't exchange it yet, they just lost everything. All work for nothing, its really cruel. I hope PWI will take some responsibility for that.

Than telling us to go buy the Medals from "player market" is even more lame. The "player market" consists of people that abused the **** out of the exploit, which is the reason the Medals got removed in the first place apparently.

Exploit users will get filthy rich now selling overpriced Medals while people that played legit gets punished, this is wrong in so many ways b:shocked.

I cant really see how the exploit was causing that much dmg either. 1 Medal was always 20k DQ points which you could buy from another player. Buying the item or buying DQs and trade for the item is pretty much the same thing. Its not like Medals sold for more or less coins than 20k DQs points even if tradeable. Its not like the exploit duplicated already existing Medals or created new Medals. But maybe i'm missing something lol.
  • Aqualline - Heavens Tear
    Aqualline - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Why not just ban those using the exploit instead of punishing us all? I just recently made enough DQ points for a couple medals of glory, but was waiting to get them until I had enough for at least 3 and now I find I can't get them anymore? Thanks a lot, PWI, and thanks a lot you sack of **** exploiters, for once again ****ing up the game for the rest of us. What is wrong with you people???

Come up with a better fix than to **** the rest of us over - now what? I'm gonna have to pay all those who exploited a glitch or whatever for the damn medals... Way to fix things, PWI, give the greedy *******s MORE coin and **** the hardworking people.

I totally agree with you here. I was doing the same thing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • soldestinyray
    soldestinyray Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    why the ** are ppl QQing when they know they'll just spend real money to get the R9 anyways...lol stupid people dont do sht about it all they can do is QQ...how bout actually play the game now instead of cashshoping and giving PWI all the money they want then turn around and QQ about them trying to make more money off you...cuz it's working great, PWI keep up doing what you're doing cuz you will be rich off these idiots lol
  • juanpancho
    juanpancho Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    these ******* obviosly on something when they make decisions. 100k for 150 points that u cud get for 40-50k lawl fking dumasfk pwi company

I can't say for sure as the dq page is down, but I think that as with the chest of coins, it's the other way around and you get coins for dq points.

EDIT: NVM... I just visited JoJ...
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    many said it already, i did already too but i'll do it again.

this is a big wealth redistribution away from non cs grinders (dq item price drop, as long nothing valuable will come as dq reward) towards cash gamers.

cash gamers depend on f2p gamers because those farm goods for them they just want to buy.
    the f2p gamers depend on the cash gamers to get some nice boutique goodis.

that means by that redistribution of income the whole server population is effected in the long run. no matter if they wanted to get rank9 or not.
    and i am sure for many the incentive to play this game will just disapear. a shrinking server population will cause others to quit as well.

medals will be avaible again, over cash shop or another way. maybe it will be more expensive. but that won't hurt the game much.
    the true damage is done by taking income away from a significant percentage of the player population.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

Or, talk to them and get it fixed
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    many said it already, i did already too but i'll do it again.

this is a big wealth redistribution away from non cs grinders (dq item price drop, as long nothing valuable will come as dq reward) towards cash gamers.

cash gamers depend on f2p gamers because those farm goods for them they just want to buy.
    the f2p gamers depend on the cash gamers to get some nice boutique goodis.

that means by that redistribution of income the whole server population is effected in the long run. no matter if they wanted to get rank9 or not.
    and i am sure for many the incentive to play this game will just disapear. a shrinking server population will cause others to quit as well.

medals will be avaible again, over cash shop or another way. maybe it will be more expensive. but that won't hurt the game much.
    the true damage is done by taking income away from a significant percentage of the player population.

Cash shoppers< I kinda am> made plenty enough money at the mer fact that gold was selling for 900k-1m if that wasn't enough there is more flawed to this game the even I think.
  • FateMakerr - Heavens Tear
    FateMakerr - Heavens Tear Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Way for a community manager to care what the community thinks..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Semi Retired Psychic of Radiance faction//Entering full retirement upon the release of ĠuildẂars2 or an otherwise drastic change in PWI management.
    "Exploiting a glitch is a violation of the ToS under User Conduct:
    (l) Using or exploiting any bugs, errors, or design flaws to obtain unauthorized access to the Service or to gain an unfair advantage over other players"-frankieraye ............guess he changed his mind.
  • Janalae - Sanctuary
    Janalae - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    aman, the gold price will drop abit.

less dq grind=>less coin production=>decreasing coins flaoting on a server=>increasing value of 1 coin=>decreasing gold price and of all other goods messured in coin.

but a decrease in prices won't even out what the grinders lost.
    cash shopers won't be effected much by price changes because they still get the same for their real money.
    but they will be effected when less f2p gamer play the game and the supply of farmed goods shrinks, what will counter the over all deflation of prices.
    sooo then you would really get less for your real money.

mh are my thoughts flawed?
  • djtoratoratora
    djtoratoratora Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    is it possible not even a GM wrote something in this thread?
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    is it possible not even a GM wrote something in this thread?

Of course. read the first post b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    I honestly don't know how much more of this BS I can take. Lets find out how long it takes before I begin making thread(s) raging on PWI forums.

1 Mississippi
    2 Mississippi
  • Calitae - Sanctuary
    Calitae - Sanctuary Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wow PWI you really have sunk to an all time low for me. I could just about cope with all the other fxck ups over the past year but you now tell me I've wasted my time farming DQs? Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I'd like to see the developers redeem themselves and fix the issue. That is, if that isn't just a masquerade for the real reason, which is that you're not making enough money as we're not lining your pockets with our life savings in order to buy Medals via the boutique.

>______>;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    sig by the wonderful Forsakenx ;D
  • Cristall - Harshlands
    Cristall - Harshlands Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is ridiculous.

I've been playing PWi since it came out on Lost City, and it's slowly been getting worse and worse for us who doesn't cashshop.
    Being able to get the medals from DQ points opened up the possibility to get R9 without having to spend 100's of dollars, so I've been farming DQ points for a few weeks now. It's one of the very few good things you've done for non-cashshoppers in a very, very long time.

Without any warning you decided to take this away, so I'm sitting with around 60k DQ points that I was going to use for medals, that to me are worthless now.

Seriously, can't you just get the dev's to fix the stupid glitch, and give us back the option of getting them through DQ points? It can't be that hard to fix, they've done more complicated things than that for no good reason.

With this I feel incrediably screwed over, and I have several friends who feels the same. I've been farming and working for months to be able to get a few R9 pieces, and I was stupid enough to prioritize saving money for chips instead of getting all the medals, since I never imagined that PWi would take this option away from us.

Just please give us the medals back from DQ points, get them to find a way to fix this glitch.
    Just don't sell them in the cashshop at all until you get it fixed, it's a far better option in terms of not pissing everyone off.
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Grinding DQs is meaningless again now, so not worth it with gold prices this high after medals of glory removal.
  • Eloneal - Raging Tide
    Eloneal - Raging Tide Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    This is ridiculous.

I've been playing PWi since it came out on Lost City, and it's slowly been getting worse and worse for us who doesn't cashshop.
    Being able to get the medals from DQ points opened up the possibility to get R9 without having to spend 100's of dollars, so I've been farming DQ points for a few weeks now. It's one of the very few good things you've done for non-cashshoppers in a very, very long time.

Without any warning you decided to take this away, so I'm sitting with around 60k DQ points that I was going to use for medals, that to me are worthless now.

Seriously, can't you just get the dev's to fix the stupid glitch, and give us back the option of getting them through DQ points? It can't be that hard to fix, they've done more complicated things than that for no good reason.

With this I feel incrediably screwed over, and I have several friends who feels the same. I've been farming and working for months to be able to get a few R9 pieces, and I was stupid enough to prioritize saving money for chips instead of getting all the medals, since I never imagined that PWi would take this option away from us.

Just please give us the medals back from DQ points, get them to find a way to fix this glitch.
    Just don't sell them in the cashshop at all until you get it fixed, it's a far better option in terms of not pissing everyone off.

Like I said before, all of this might just be a lame excuse to start selling them trough CashShop...
  • XVBx - Dreamweaver
    XVBx - Dreamweaver Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    to get full Rank IX gear, you need a total of 19 medals.....the only way to get them atm is for your faction to own land in tw, and hope that your the one who get picked for the medal........
    that's a lot of chance just to get 1 of them.

im sure your gonna think of a new way to get the medals out there, but for now, it's highly unlikely anyone's gonna get rank 9 again.b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My computer beat me at checkers, but I sure beat it at kickboxing. b:cool
  • amandisha74
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Not even just about the medals its about the complete and total lack of playablility less you spend over 100 bucks a month.

Its just boring now for the nothing that you get.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So basically because of poor design and a stupid glitch you have removed the Medals of Glory from the Dragon Points. Also you have not put the Medals of Glory into the Cash Shop either (even if 25 gold per is a jew price). So let's think about this for a second, since you apparently didn't beforehand, TW is currently the only way of getting a Medal of Glory.. once per week... at random. So how are we supposed to get these now? lol

Do you people think anything through? How about nice loss of sales considering there's no reasonable method of getting medals now who is going to get rank 9? I was going to get the ring for starts but not now. Not until you people fix your problems. Taking the medals out of the DP system was a big mistake. Who cares if it is glitched? They weren't ruining the market at all. Your reasons behind your actions are selfish and stupid.

Nothing else to say without saying something that will get me banned.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    So basically because of poor design and a stupid glitch you have removed the Medals of Glory from the Dragon Points. Also you have not put the Medals of Glory into the Cash Shop either (even if 25 gold per is a jew price). So let's think about this for a second, since you apparently didn't beforehand, TW is currently the only way of getting a Medal of Glory.. once per week... at random. So how are we supposed to get these now? lol

Do you people think anything through? How about nice loss of sales considering there's no reasonable method of getting medals now who is going to get rank 9? I was going to get the ring for starts but not now. Not until you people fix your problems. Taking the medals out of the DP system was a big mistake. Who cares if it is glitched? They weren't ruining the market at all. Your reasons behind your actions are selfish and stupid.

Nothing else to say without saying something that will get me banned.

Has to be the same dummy who thinks people should have to prove that they live together to have more than 2 accounts logged on...
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Has to be the same dummy who thinks people should have to prove that they live together to have more than 2 accounts logged on...

Why is that dumb anyway ? Ohh..you have no friends and want to make ur own rainbow squad logging 6 accounts ?

*Logs 1 barb, 1 sin, 1 bm, 1 archer, 2 clerics for a bh69..Puts barb on macro aggro, sin from distance with a bow, bm on combo with occasional HF when ready, archer from afar, 1 clerc on IH combo and uses the other to purify and squad heal if needed"

Damn, I should have thought of that before....b:cry
This discussion has been closed.