Some DQ System Changes (items added/removed)

Comments

• Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    There is a 99.9% chance that this thread will be like the TT3-x hard mode, Anni pack, and many other threads like it. Reaching over 50+ pages, little to no GM response, and never any GM/Dev intervention.

Before the hate/trolls come in: Yes, I know the only devs are in China. Point being, nothing on there nor PWE's end, will ever happen in regards to this situation. It took them 8 months to create the idea and implement it (DQ Compensation as Dragon Points), and it will take that long or longer for any change in regards to this matter. Best thing we can go is rage a lot at how moronic they act, and send lots of tickets spamming them!
  • Ryegard - Heavens Tear
    Ryegard - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The PWI team is far worse then anyone that exploited the glitch. The PWI Team is a bunch of thieves. Thats right....you just stole everyones hard earn money and time. Allmost everyone bought and farmed the DQ points in hopes of getting R9 some day. Now we are forced sit here and see the worthless chips go on sale. The same chips we have been waiting for after spending millions of coin and hours of our time farming for the medals. Then you tell us that maybe you will throw something nice for us to buy with the DQ points. *** you... I could have used that same money to buy 3 +10 vit shards or +10 d orbs. Now im forced to watch my millions invested become worthless to me. You tell me whos worse...the exploiters that did nothing to the market or the thieves that stole your money, time and hopes?
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    to get full Rank IX gear, you need a total of 19 medals.....the only way to get them atm is for your faction to own land in tw, and hope that your the one who get picked for the medal........
    that's a lot of chance just to get 1 of them.

im sure your gonna think of a new way to get the medals out there, but for now, it's highly unlikely anyone's gonna get rank 9 again.b:surrender

on the contrary, it's all but guaranteed the medals will be in the cash shop soonish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • amandisha74
    amandisha74 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Yep it was a dishonest and cowardice thing to do.

Yeah thats right I called you cowards.

though asians had a strong sense of honor?

Guess I was way way wrong bout that.
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    That's some1 cheated is BullS... like mt. Everest. They just realize they loosing lot of money, that's why they took it from DQ rewards. GM of this game is the worst I ever seen.
  • Valas_Hun - Heavens Tear
    Valas_Hun - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    why dont we all just start playing WoW? with all the cash we spend here, might as well just drop down to 1 monthly rate instead pf selling our souls for r9 >.>b:surrender
  • Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary
    Gol_D_Chad - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i'm sure many people have already QQed about this..but wasn't there some other way to fix the exploit without taking the medals out??? They will be exppppensive now so R9 will be sooo much more annoying to get

And its not like i'm going to get it anytime soon but making medals obtainable has increased the value of DQs by a lot making grinding a lot more profitable. The rich people and cashshoppers usually buy the high lvl DQ for 9-13k and its a good way for non-cashshoppers to get coin.

I hope something is done about this
    Sailing this perfect world for treasure and Glory. This pirate awaits adventure and this is my story. (OP overdoseb:victory)[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Frankie is there anyway you can make medals only awarded at 19 max medals per lvl 100 character to an account? I really think that was a better fix. Everyone with lvl 100+ char will be able to get the 19 medals needed for their r9.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

The ideal solution, I think, would be to change the exploit so that when you stacked mixed medals they always became untradable. Another alternative would be to make mixed medals not stackable.
  • DrunkWizard - Lost City
    DrunkWizard - Lost City Posts: 523 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You guys suck.

first of all taking R9 from DQ makes less ppl going rank 9.

meaning less ppl will need that HUGE amount of Chips only attainable via cash shop.

thats maybe 1000$ per person going rank 9?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zarni - Dreamweaver
    Zarni - Dreamweaver Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Kinda silly, it should be an easy fix. There are plenty of items that will not stack at all if some are trade-able and others not. Tiger-event reward hyper-stones, esos, etc., charms and refine stones from the event boutique..... But patching an obvious hole in the code isn't as much a priority as planning pack sales.

A hint for PWE: to increase revenue, fire 1/2 of your advertising staff and hire a couple more developers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kordeth - Heavens Tear
    Kordeth - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Wow, Just wow. After I spent all that money thinking I could get my full rank 9 I had even bought DQ just to get the medals the same day you Erased them, That just makes me feel like I was completely ripped off. I had bought the chips with the intention of getting DQ for the medals of glory, but really if I knew this would have become like this I wouldn't have bought the chips at all.

If the medals aren't going back to the DQ rewards system. I am not charging zen to buy anymore chips for the rest of the rank armor.

Doesn't take a god to fix a simple problem such as this.
  • _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver
    _Aubree__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    The ideal solution, I think, would be to change the exploit so that when you stacked mixed medals they always became untradable. Another alternative would be to make mixed medals not stackable.

The ideal solution would have been to put a limit on amount of medals you can get from dq.
  • Qiulin - Dreamweaver
    Qiulin - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sorry, what was that about exploitation? b:shutup

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Miyuaki/Medal.jpg

-_______- Nice going PWI
  • Gelfant - Sanctuary
    Gelfant - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Sorry, what was that about exploitation? b:shutup

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j18/Miyuaki/Medal.jpg

-_______- Nice going PWI

yeah the prices on sanc are going between 30-50mil. they were 10 mil yesterday. so how was this a good thing for game economics ?
  • Zett - Heavens Tear
    Zett - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    First u reduce prices of dq at merchants and promise us some kind of reward.. ok u made a dq points reward system which had 1 good reward and bunch of useless options and now u take away the only good reward from there?
    What can i take now for dq points? Event Botique Gold? And then buy Smileys right?
    I mean seriously, update Event Botique with something useful and dq rewards also..
    Or even better, increase dq prices back to normal and delete dq rewards since theres absolutely nothing useful and worth taking.
  • swgs
    swgs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    yeah the prices on sanc are going between 30-50mil. they were 10 mil yesterday. so how was this a good thing for game economics ?

it actually is, now 25 gold per medal seems really cheap. If I am in charge of PWI, I will keep medal off the CS and let medal keep running up. when the price reach 100M, i can put medal back to the cash shop for 70 gold, people will have to buy because they already spend a lots of money on the chips, when those half finished player finished their R9, it will be the time to have 60% off on medal sale. new wave of R9 buy will start again.
  • Vlein - Sanctuary
    Vlein - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Still no answer of GM bout what they gonna do bout this?b:irritated
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Quote for f***ing truth.

F**K so much money just wasted
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
  • Burningalpha - Lost City
    Burningalpha - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sorry for double posting here but

anyone else remember when gold use to be liek 350k?
    this is outrageous bullshyt
    waste of money just for r9 that nobody can afford now
    Lost City: The heart and soul of hatred, pvp, and the worlds worst merchant.
    Burningalpha/psy/100r
    Typhlosions: Seeker/87r
    /\polllo/Sin/96
    (instertnamehere)/Archer/96
    (insertnamehere)/Cleric/93
    "I'm hell bent on reviving Niravana" Aps
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    sorry for double posting here but

anyone else remember when gold use to be liek 350k?
    this is outrageous bullshyt
    waste of money just for r9 that nobody can afford now

I remember when Gold was 99k (buy).
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I remember when Gold was 99k (buy).
    Me 120K.b:cry
  • XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear
    XX_Vol_Xx - Heavens Tear Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Good going, now put them back and stop the glitch? god...its what ur supost to do..
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    I don't think the devs realize that all this "fix" does is reward the people who have already been "exploiting" it

+1000.

The people that weren't going to glitch them, didn't trade in for them yet because there was no chip sale.

The people that were going to glitch them, likely already did trade in for them as soon as they had 20,000 points so that they could sell them.

All this "fix" does, is make the glitched medals people have worth MORE, and prevent the people not exploiting the glitch from getting them at all. Nice. Real nice.

And honestly, can you explain to me how the economy is harmed?

Instead of A selling the dq points to B for coin where B then gets the medal . . .

A sells the mats, gets the points, gets the medal, glitches it and sells it to B for coin.

At the beginning, B has the coin and A has the medal/means to get the medal.

At the end, B has the coin and A has the medal/means to get the medal.

The "economics" of the transaction are exactly the same so I am hard pressed to figure how the "economy" is harmed any more by the one than the other. Can you explain that Frankie Frank?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • damienthorn
    damienthorn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    LOLZORCOPTER!!!

So what did all of you think? You could spend nothing and still own? Welcome to reality.
    Those ppl that csed their r9 sets hard will now own all of you that waited, tried to play it free, and basically have too much time on your hands to sit infront of a computer 24/7 farming non stop.

This one's for you.
    Take it.
    Love it.
    Better the devil you know, than the devil you don't.b:angryb:angryb:angryb:angryb:angry
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:dirty All this nerd rage over Medals being removed from DQ turns me on :P.
    QQ because the easy road isn't easy anymore. Look at r8 back in the day very few people had it, now almost everyone and their mother has it. Stop complaining and farm for gold to buy it with then. This community has turned into a pitiful joke of childish players ever since anniversary packs came out. Who needs to work for gear or anything when you can just buy all endgame now. Lazy people need to shut up and just play the game and stop the QQ.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Mistolepet - Raging Tide
    Mistolepet - Raging Tide Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    still no answer from pwi team stupid?
  • AriesBreath - Raging Tide
    AriesBreath - Raging Tide Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    b:dirty All this nerd rage over Medals being removed from DQ turns me on :P.
    QQ because the easy road isn't easy anymore. Look at r8 back in the day very few people had it, now almost everyone and their mother has it. Stop complaining and farm for gold to buy it with then. This community has turned into a pitiful joke of childish players ever since anniversary packs came out. Who needs to work for gear or anything when you can just buy all endgame now. Lazy people need to shut up and just play the game and stop the QQ.

You sir, have a conflicting argument.

QQ because the easy road isn't easy anymore. Look at r8 back in the day very few people had it, now almost everyone and their mother has it.

Doesn't this mean that it's actually -easier- to get r8 now than back then? So then, isn't the "easy road" -now- when you can get r8 with 72 USD and a few clicks?

Who needs to work for gear or anything when you can just buy all endgame now. Lazy people need to shut up and just play the game and stop the QQ.

How is farming for hours and hours on end for your gear being lazy? Aren't people who cash shop the lazy ones?

Also, you can't buy medals with gold. It's not even in the boutique. Go figure.

Please grow a brain before you try to troll, thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You sir, have a conflicting argument.

Doesn't this mean that it's actually -easier- to get r8 now than back then? So then, isn't the "easy road" -now- when you can get r8 with 72 USD and a few clicks?

r9 is the new r8 in terms of how it used to be

How is farming for hours and hours on end for your gear being lazy? Aren't people who cash shop the lazy ones?

back then you couldnt cash shop r8 and i was referring to all teh Anni-pack gear. Herpaderp

Also, you can't buy medals with gold. It's not even in the boutique. Go figure.

Please grow a brain before you try to troll, thanks.
    you could in the first sale. and they will probably do it again

Take Trolling 101 from Abysm before talking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • WenSon - Harshlands
    WenSon - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    You'll have to rely on the player market for now; we're also talking to the devs to see if we can get another in-game way to get the medals, as we feel that the whole "1 medal distributed per week to 1 random territory" method makes them a bit too hard to get.

great... u removed them cause of the "damage to the market" and now we have to buy them from the market

they cost 50M right now ... thats stupid... another fail decission made

there was no damage to the market at all... the only thing u damage right now is your own chipsale !!!!!
This discussion has been closed.